What's new

Hi,I've been watching,now to get involved.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I can believe the London story, that did make me laugh:giggle:
I looked at many PL's on refunds and repayments,I can't see any mention of an SP declare? Where is this stated and why? I can't see the suppressive part of what I'm doing, I'm only getting back what I haven't recieved, its out-exchange for them to keep my money.
This ridiculous label means nothing in the real world anyhow as I know good people have been given it.

It's actually become quite chic to have one.

I wouldn't know - but that's what I've heard.

AWOL

Patron
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to ESMB, AWOL (that's a lot of initials :) ). Others here can give you better advice than I can but I hope you do get your money back, you deserve to.

BTW were you at Plymouth org by any chance, where I was?

Hello Cat's Squirrel, nice to meet you.
I don't want to give too much info at the moment as OSA may be watching,maybe I'm being paranoid but I don't trust Scn at all, if they know who I am they may prepare some kind action against me ,who knows what they'll get up to.
Plymouth? I can't say,sorry

Last edited:

AWOL

Patron
Hmmm

It's actually become quite chic to have one.

I wouldn't know - but that's what I've heard.

Chic eh? Hmm well maybe I'd like to have it after all, I'll put in a request.
"The UK's latest SP, well done sir what an acheivement", "why thankyou,it was nothing, really":laugh:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: AWOL - glad to have you here.

We recently got our repayment without really dealing with the org involved nor signing anything other than a receipt for the money.

We used the law and the Government's Consumer Affairs Dept - find out what they say about it. I dunno what it's called in the UK but you should be able to find it via Google.

We put a request in and received several "handlings" before we did go to the Dept and then magically the repayment began to move.

We refused anything but written communication with the Co$ and regularly updated the dept when it slowed.

Eventually the cult disconnected from us by directing all their comms through their solicitor - who eventually sent us a cheque in exchange for a receipt. Cost us nothing but some time.

Mu suggestion is: get your request in writing (e-mail is best) and send it asap - that way you can go to the Dept in a few weeks and tell them that nothing has happened and they will chase the cult for you:D

PM me if you need any more details:thumbsup:

AWOL

Patron
Thanks for the warning.

No need to answer any questions like that, AWOL.

And people should really know not to ask anyone questions which locate you in space or time in your type of situation.

You should go ahead and hit the edit button and erase that, AWOL.

Well I took some info out but a bit late now, nevermind. If OSA is watching, I bet they were getting excited, thinking they're on my trail...just a little more info from this newbie and we've got him.
Well, not yet OSA guys, you have to work for your money, oh hang on.....what money?:wave:

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Psh, too many "SPs" and not enough OSA to go around. Be careful, but don't be paranoid. :D Now is a time for partying!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
AWOL, dont forget to go to your local council offices. Or if you want to go nearer family or work go to the town you want to move to. They'll be fairly helpful.

Get it sorted, move out and get your money back.:yes:

La La

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome:

Welcome AWOL! I’m very glad to see another Brit joining – the Yanks and Aussies are very numerous, and far too uncouth for my liking! :)

Regarding your refund, I think you should go for it, and the sooner the better. Almost all orgs in the UK are in a really bad way, financially speaking (and in fact in most other ways as well, come to think of it). If you delay too long, there is a real risk that they will go belly up and be unable to repay you.

Here’s my suggestions on what to do:

1. Decide if you want to get a refund of all unused, money on account, or for all money paid for all services, actually taken or yet to be taken. If it is the former, this should be doable within a few months, if it is the latter, be prepared for a long and arduous fight.

2. Establish exactly how much money you have on account. Dig out all your receipts, credit card bills and bank statements etc. You may need these if you need to go to court. Also, ask for a detailed breakdown of your money on account, if you don’t already have one. If you have paid money in advance, they have to tell you how much is in your account. You don’t have to tell them why you are asking for this info at this stage, but make sure you get this statement. Check it against your records and make sure you are happy with the final figure.

3. Send a letter via recorded delivery, asking for refund of money on account or for everything you have ever paid, according to your decision to 1 above. Quote the official CoS policy on refunds:

HCOPL 23 Oct 1963 ‘Refund Policy’

1. Refund at once in full any refund demanded.
………..
The new policy then is:

1. Refund any fees and as demanded, whether for training or for processing.

and,

HCOPL 31 July 1966R (Revised 28 Jan 1991)

“DONATIONS PROMPTLY REFUNDED TO ANY DISSATISFIED STUDENT OR PRECLEAR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICIES OF THE CLAIMS VERIFICATION BOARD, IF THE PRECLEAR OR STUDENT IS DISSATISFIED AND DEMANDS IT WITHIN THREE MONTHS AFTER THE TRAINING OR PROCESSING, THE ONLY CONDITION BEING THAT HE MAY NOT AGAIN BE PROCESSED OR TRAINED.”

Give them a time-limit to reply, say 2 weeks from receipt of your letter.

Make it very clear that if they do not respond, you will be seeking legal recourse against them.

4. If they respond, at all, they will probably ask you to come in for a handling. This consists of shunting you around the org in the hope that you can be bullied into dropping your claim. They will probably try to make you feel guilty, tell you that you are losing your “chance for eternity” etc, etc. Don’t listen to any of it – be polite, but firm.

They will also probably want you do a routing form. You do not have to do this. And, certainly do not sign anything that limits your rights. When I got my refund, they tried to make me sign a waiver, promising to never talk about Scientology to anyone, not to discuss the refund and to never even help anyone who opposed the CoS. I refused, and they caved in. They may suggest that they can keep a portion of your money for ‘admin’. This is bollocks and do not agree to this.

Legally, the only thing you have to do, is give them a receipt for the money.

5. I’m assuming that they will either ignore you, in the vain hope that you will go away (talk about non-confront!) or just string you along with the old “we are working on it” routine.

In this case, you will need to get legal advice and possibly representation. Make sure you get a reputable solicitor, who isn’t going to charge an arm and a leg.

They will draft a letter to be sent to your org. Hopefully this will do the trick. If not, you need to ‘raise the ethics gradient’.

6. Send a letter to OSA at St Hill Manor, explaining the situation and tell them that you would like to avoid a court case, if possible, but only if you get all your money. Then be prepared to send letters to your local MP, Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog, local paper, office of fair trading, Charity Commission (the body responsible for deciding who gets to be a charity) and anyone else you can think of. They absolutely hate bad publicity. If you can generate enough of a threat, they will find the money from somewhere.

So, in summary, don’t take any BS, don’t let yourself be pushed around, don’t sign anything that limits you rights and don’t accept a penny less than the full amount.

If you need any help, PM me and I can tell you how I (eventually) got my refund.

Good luck!

Axiom142

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Axiom142, if you dont have any reciepts bank statements etc can you still get anything?

Well you only really need the org/s to agree how much money is in your account/s, which you should be able to do if they send you a statement. If they refuse, or say that you don’t have anything, it makes it awkward. So, best to say that you want to do some more services, but need to know how much is in your account so you can work out how much you need to raise.

If they smell money, someone will run to do your bidding.

It’s only if things get nasty and you have to take them to court, that you might have to prove how much you paid. This is when statements come in handy. But, I realise that not everyone is like me and files away all their financial stuff, so you might have to write to banks and credit card companies to get the info. Also, dig out any receipts for money paid into the org/s.

If you can’t get any of this, things might be difficult, but not impossible.

Axiom142

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
No need to answer any questions like that, AWOL.

And people should really know not to ask anyone questions which locate you in space or time in your type of situation.

You should go ahead and hit the edit button and erase that, AWOL.

Don't you just love people who point out that you said something you should edit, then QUOTE IT IN FULL SO YOU CAN'T?

Paul

uniquemand

Unbeliever
That's actually one of my favorite tricks, Paul. When I KNOW something should come back to haunt that person for saying something, it definitely get's quoted.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't believe how quick you guys respond, thanks for your support.
I think I'm better off moving out first before I get this in motion, maybe get a solicitor involved from the start.
I'm not keen on signing anything for them though. I think I remember reading somewhere that you have to sign something so you basically keep your mouth shut and not spread the 'lies' about them,is this right?

:thankyou:

Welcome, AWOL.

GT and I are the two that "help" with repayments. I don't know how it works in the UK, but you don't need or want a solicitor. It only pisses them (CofS) off. Just write a letter requesting a repayment of all money on account. You will more than likely have to sign your expulsion notice. It just says that you will be expelled from the CofS and that you won't request any more money back from them. Meaning, you can't later sue them.

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can believe the London story, that did make me laugh:giggle:
I looked at many PL's on refunds and repayments,I can't see any mention of an SP declare? Where is this stated and why? I can't see the suppressive part of what I'm doing, I'm only getting back what I haven't recieved, its out-exchange for them to keep my money.
This ridiculous label means nothing in the real world anyhow as I know good people have been given it.

The SP declare comes from the "suppressive act" of threatening or actually bringing suit for repayment of your money. You see, you are supposed to jump through all the hoops, spend your account on retreads and auditing to handle your false purpose of wanting your money back.
If you can do that, then there is no need for a lawyer/solicitor, because you will have no money and your wanting the money back will be a dim memory while you continue on your dreamy path to nowhere.

A note for Axiom 142: Uncouth, Uncouth, what do you mean Uncouth??? :angry: :grouch:
I gots plenty of Couth I will have you know!!
:happydance:

FrankBooth

Patron with Honors
Psh, too many "SPs" and not enough OSA to go around. Be careful, but don't be paranoid. :D Now is a time for partying!

:thumbsup:

Totally agree. Be careful, but the way things have been going, there's no need to look over your shoulder for every little comment you make.

A little discretion goes a long way, but at the same time, it's key to understand that everything said above is fact. It's to the point now that there isn't enough OSA to go around. They're busy in feeble attempts to try and plug the big leaks in the ever sinking ship. Watch your step, but there's no need to completely walk on eggshells.

That being said, it never hurts to err on the side of caution, but know that you are amongst friends in this environment.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That's actually one of my favorite tricks, Paul. When I KNOW something should come back to haunt that person for saying something, it definitely get's quoted.

Me too! But I differentiate between Zinj or Alanzo or you or me making a fool of themselves and some newbie revealing some personally-identifying info when he doesn't intend it. The four of us are not anonymous, for one thing.

Paul