- 4.0Needing bodies
- 5.0Worshipping bodies
- 6.0Sacrifice
- 8.0Hiding
-10.0Being objects
-20.0Being nothing
-30.0Can't hide
-40.0Total failure

Commander, are you now at -1.3 on Ron's tone scale?

apple

Patron Meritorious
An older brother of mine was in a cult that died out.

It was 'Faith of our Fathers' church in the South Bay area of greater L.A.(they moved around a lot, especially towards the end). They were not your usual Christian Church. Their main practice was 'speaking in tongues' in groups. The whole group together would lay around (for some reason, you couldn't just be sitting in a chair) and babel. Seriously. The vast majority just repeated the same syllable or three over and over with a 'Jesus! thrown in every now and again, or something like that. It was down right eerie to hear when hundreds of them did it together.

What a terrific story. I remember attending some evangelical churches where they spoke in tongues. Once on a Sunday morning I was hung over and attended the church. I was sitting in the front pew. When the sermon started people started to babble, moan and walk around moaning and babbling. I thought I was in a nut house. I couldnt wait for it to end so I could make a speedy escape. All I wanted was to hear a down to earth sermon, this not what I expected. I cant be too critical of the babbling because in all fairness for me yelling at an ashtray when in Scientology was wierd also.

Back on topic. The cult may end like the Christian cult I grew up in has. The leaders lived well and took off with the funds while everyone else sacrificed. Eventually everyone went their own way and continued living a normal life. If they were young they had time to set themselves up. If they were old and had dedicated their years and resources to the cult, they managed but struggled for lack of time and resources. As far as the cult goes properties were sold off and those left living there look after a building but really, few attend. It is history.

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
When the mother cul goes, the whole thing goes. The indies may linger on for a bit, but without the institutionalized mind control, they too will wake up and the cult fade away like a malignant ghost into history.

I don't think the Cheapzoners realize how much they depend upon the Corporate Scientology Cult. They're defined by their opposition to Miscavige and his cronies; once those (admittedly vile) men and women have retired to a place without an extradition treaty and left the field clear for the Cheapzone to move back in and reestablish missions, I think they'll be genuinely surprised and disappointed to find that it doesn't work out that way. The world doesn't want UFO-era ignorance and racism anymore.

Also, in the absence of a Mother Cult pumping out books and electropixiemeters – and fabricating the legend of L Ron Hubbard as a success – how will the Cheapzone fill the vacuum? Short answer is it won't. Hubbard's hagiography will survive about a week longer than the Corporate Scientology / Nation of Islam Cult... and then he'll be back to being known only as a fantasist fuckbag from Nebraska.

I have to admit, I'm enjoying these closing phases of the Scientology crunch.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't think the Cheapzoners realize how much they depend upon the Corporate Scientology Cult. They're defined by their opposition to Miscavige and his cronies; once those (admittedly vile) men and women have retired to a place without an extradition treaty and left the field clear for the Cheapzone to move back in and reestablish missions, I think they'll be genuinely surprised and disappointed to find that it doesn't work out that way. The world doesn't want UFO-era ignorance and racism anymore.

Also, in the absence of a Mother Cult pumping out books and electropixiemeters – and fabricating the legend of L Ron Hubbard as a success – how will the Cheapzone fill the vacuum? Short answer is it won't. Hubbard's hagiography will survive about a week longer than the Corporate Scientology / Nation of Islam Cult... and then he'll be back to being known only as a fantasist fuckbag from Nebraska.

I have to admit, I'm enjoying these closing phases of the Scientology crunch.

Cool post. And, on that last line, I have but 1 thing to add. . .

Schadenfreude, splurge on it!

Wait, autocorrect! I have but 2 things to add. . .

Schadenfreude, splurge on it!
Scidenfraud, SPlurge on it!

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
<total thread sidetrack>
The heading: How exactly do bad cults end?
Hmm, Are there good cults? If so how do they end, and if we analyse how good cults end, do we then do the exact opposite to rid world of bad ones?

<ok carry on>

HelluvaHoax!

<total thread sidetrack>
Hmm, Are there good cults? If so how do they end, and if we analyse how good cults end, do we then do the exact opposite to rid world of bad ones?

<ok carry on>

:hysterical:

Well, I'll share a little secret with you, if you promise not to tell anyone else on this thread.

The thread's headline ("title") employs the word "bad" because this is standard tech for SPs and other Merchant's of Chaos.

def.

Merchant of Chaos -noun: Anyone who speaks or writes material which is calculated to reduce the income of Scientology, particularly by utilizing the unethical treachery of facts.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
<total thread sidetrack>

<ok carry on>

Cult is just short for culture, agriculture I'am all in favor of :coolwink:
especally right now I be needin some breakfast :morecoffee:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
<total thread sidetrack>

<ok carry on>

Well, if you read the articles about characteristics of cults, with traits like isolation, etc, then there wouldn't be any good ones.

But if one knew about all small, obscure new groups over the millennia, or even just the past few decades, of course there'd be some harmless ones.

Basically, if non adherents are hearing about them, it's generally because something bad happened and it was a bad group.

And, by the way, Judaism and Christianity started out as cults, as did the pagan religions.

The test? Time itself.

Sindy

Crusader
Cult in China,,,,that I had not heard of....in trouble....and commits murder at a McDonald's.....

Leader, apparently in the States

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/13/w...lightning-death-sentence/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

But the woman was lodging an evil spirit. What is a cult leader to do? At least it was quick. In Scientology, it's death by a thousand paper cuts until you turn around one day and notice you've been completely assimilated and brought to utter ruin.

I guess Scientology will always find your ruin eventually: Scientology.

Wow that tech works 100% of the time!

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
FLUNK!!!

action is tone 22...

go find your misunderstood weird...

Found it:

http://www.linguee.de/

weird Adjektiv
seltsam adj :unsure:
sonderbar adj
merkwürdig adj
schrullig adj :melodramatic:
ulkig adj :)
eigenartig adj
unheimlich adj
gruselig adj
exzentrisch adj :unsure:
übernatürlich adj :ohmy:
verschroben adj :unsure:
ausgefallen adj
bizarr adj :unsure:
abwegig adj :coolwink:

word Substantiv
Wort nt

word sth. Verb
etw. formulieren v

word Verb, transitiv
formulieren v :biggrin:
ausdrücken v :biggrin:

Wow, these COMMS (Churches Of Many Mocking Scientology) really give me many cognitions! :yes:

PS: know you were joking :hug:

HelluvaHoax!

But the woman was lodging an evil spirit. What is a cult leader to do? At least it was quick. In Scientology, it's death by a thousand paper cuts until you turn around one day and notice you've been completely assimilated and brought to utter ruin.

I think you just discovered the corollary to that ("rapist") quote in your sig line. . .

Scientology: Where the people ruining your life are the ones entrusted to "find & handle your ruin". Curiously, they never pull the string back to Ron or his authorized agents (themselves).

Last edited:

Um....after reading that I started to doubt my "knowingness". LOL

Wait.....I even just looked it up quickly on Wiki:

The tone scale is as follows:[SUP][1][/SUP]
40.0Serenity of beingness
30.0Postulates
22.0Games
20.0Action
8.0Exhilaration
6.0Aesthetic
4.0Enthusiasm
3.5Cheerfulness
3.3Strong interest
3.0Conservatism
2.9Mild interest
2.8Contented
2.6Disinterested
2.5Boredom
2.4Monotony
2.0Antagonism
1.9Hostility
1.8Pain
1.5Anger
1.4Hate
1.3Resentment
1.2No sympathy
1.15Unexpressed resentment
1.1Covert hostility
1.02Anxiety
1.0Fear
0.98Despair
0.96Terror
0.94Numb
0.9Sympathy
0.8Propitiation
0.5Grief
0.375Making amends
0.3Undeserving
0.2Self-abasement
0.1Victim
0.07Hopeless
0.05Apathy
0.03Useless
0.01Dying
0.0Body death
- 0.01Failure
- 0.1Pity
- 0.2Shame
- 0.7Accountable
- 1.0Blame
- 1.3Regret
- 1.5Controlling bodies
- 2.2Protecting bodies
- 3.0Owning bodies
- 3.5Approval from bodies
- 4.0Needing bodies
- 5.0Worshipping bodies
- 6.0Sacrifice
- 8.0Hiding
-10.0Being objects
-20.0Being nothing
-30.0Can't hide
-40.0Total failure

i've been a chronic grief/apathy case my entire life HH

yup...

my bad...

just the other day i was reading some tale by an oldtimer from the fifties who mentioned tone 22 as "action" so i must route myself to the E/O for quoting off-source materials before going to cramming...

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

<snip>

Scientology: Where the people ruining your life are the ones entrusted to "find & handle your ruin". Curiously, they never pull the string back to Ron or his authorized agents (themselves).

I can see how one's participation in the CoS can in fact reduce one's attention on what they believe to be ruining their life.

As an analogy, say that a man realized that he was an alcoholic and it was ruining his life. But one day an elephant enters the room and steps on his foot and parks himself there refusing to budge.

If the man were asked NOW about what was ruining his life the first thing that would pop up in his mind would most likely be the elephant, with significantly reduced attention on his alcoholism.

Scientology is like that elephant! :coolwink:

His other problems suddenly become less important.
Now he's more concerned about blowing his opportunity for total freedom and wrecking his eternity by pissing off the CoS. :ohmy::biggrin:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Um....after reading that I started to doubt my "knowingness". LOL

Wait.....I even just looked it up quickly on Wiki:

The tone scale is as follows:[SUP][1][/SUP]
40.0Serenity of beingness
30.0Postulates
22.0Games
20.0Action
8.0Exhilaration
6.0Aesthetic
4.0Enthusiasm
3.5Cheerfulness
3.3Strong interest
3.0Conservatism
2.9Mild interest
2.8Contented
2.6Disinterested
2.5Boredom
2.4Monotony
2.0Antagonism
1.9Hostility
1.8Pain
1.5Anger
1.4Hate
1.3Resentment
1.2No sympathy
1.15Unexpressed resentment
1.1Covert hostility
1.02Anxiety
1.0Fear
0.98Despair
0.96Terror
0.94Numb
0.9Sympathy
0.8Propitiation
0.5Grief
0.375Making amends
0.3Undeserving
0.2Self-abasement
0.1Victim
0.07Hopeless
0.05Apathy
0.03Useless
0.01Dying
0.0Body death
- 0.01Failure
- 0.1Pity
- 0.2Shame
- 0.7Accountable
- 1.0Blame
- 1.3Regret
- 1.5Controlling bodies
- 2.2Protecting bodies
- 3.0Owning bodies
- 3.5Approval from bodies
- 4.0Needing bodies
- 5.0Worshipping bodies
- 6.0Sacrifice
- 8.0Hiding
-10.0Being objects
-20.0Being nothing
-30.0Can't hide
-40.0Total failure

I'm LESS than interested. I actively don't want it in my consciousness at all.

I'm LESS than not interested; I actively don't want it in my consciousness at all.

Found it:

http://www.linguee.de/

weird Adjektiv
seltsam adj :unsure:
sonderbar adj
merkwürdig adj
schrullig adj :melodramatic:
ulkig adj :)
eigenartig adj
unheimlich adj
gruselig adj
exzentrisch adj :unsure:
übernatürlich adj :ohmy:
verschroben adj :unsure:
ausgefallen adj
bizarr adj :unsure:
abwegig adj :coolwink:

word Substantiv
Wort nt

word sth. Verb
etw. formulieren v

word Verb, transitiv
formulieren v :biggrin:
ausdrücken v :biggrin:

Wow, these COMMS (Churches Of Many Mocking Scientology) really give me many cognitions! :yes:

PS: know you were joking :hug:

weird is a groovy word!

it comes from the Old English word "wyrde" which means "fate"

thus...

when one is trying to go from point A to point B...

and Fate is going to get you to point C instead

then...

weird fukkin' shit happens man!