What's new

Larry Brennan on David Miscavige

Feral

Rogue male
Larry said in his brilliant retort;

You have no idea whatsoever what of my "comments" were given to or taken on by the committee. It was done in camera. Beyond about a minute of public recording you don’t know what evidence I gave, what we discussed or what they told me they read. You’re clueless about this yet you make your conclusions as above.

You know this makes me realize just how much the Cof$ is shitting themselves about what was said and written to the inquiry.

Virginia who claimed to know nothing about "fair game" knew enough to protewst to Senator Xenophon that she felt it was outside of the terms of reference. Now ex-ex is here throwing mud in the water.

Fuck 'em.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Larry said in his brilliant retort;

You know this makes me realize just how much the Cof$ is shitting themselves about what was said and written to the inquiry.

Virginia who claimed to know nothing about "fair game" knew enough to protewst to Senator Xenophon that she felt it was outside of the terms of reference. Now ex-ex is here throwing mud in the water.

Fuck 'em.

I second that.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll take it! I assume you are offering even money, in US $.

I don't gamble at all, not even on famous annual sporting events.

The way I see it, if x-x posts again in a week, or a month, a year, whatever, you send me $10. But for me to have to send you $10, x-x has to die first in order to fulfill the non-posting condition. However, we don't even know who he is, so I'll be generous and merely wait 80 years and assume he's dead by then. Although I doubt I'll last another 80 years. . . .

Paul

You may be in trouble Dull.!!!

There's no answer yet from X=X!!! - "I'm in the Money"!:dancer:

x-x

Patron with Honors
LOL how exactly am I over the top with the factual statements I made about my postings there? I was on WDC and Special Unit IC for a good chunk of two years and had over 100 orders from Hubbard in that time. You have no clue whatsoever what I did or what he sent me unless you have read it from me. Can you name even one specific of anything I said about my “executive past” that is in any way over the top?

You are referring to a two year period more than 25 years ago, obviously the finest moment in your life you are still reliving.

Also, you have your timelines wrong. I never ran any missions to disband the GO. In fact I was sitting in the Guardian’s office when the CMO mission was there to take over and was ready to throw the CMO Missionaires out until the acting Guardian David Gaimen said to work with them. Looking back, I am glad the GO was disbanded.

The GO was disbanded in two stages. In mid 1982 half our staff were ripped off to go uplines where there was similar personnel turmoil. Then in early 1983 Dick Jones (might be a bit off on the name) a Special Unit mission I/C put the rest of us through the decks. Your claims of slave labour are just signs of overts. It was a bit of a holiday not having to get my stats up and I was thoroughly cleaned up, like achieving a grade.

Why exactly on a public forum would you try to demean me and say how you are "wondering" if I was kicked off of OT 7 and "not clear"? Not that it is any of your business, but that is completely inaccurate. I was never kicked off of it nor has anyone ever indicated I was not clear. I left for my own reasons which included seeing no value to OT VII and concluding that Hubbard was mad. I resisted constant efforts to try to get me back onto the level.

Well it happened to a few, in some cases it might be a wrong indication as it was with me. But I'll do it now. You are not Clear.

Also, I highly doubt your following statement. Do you have some survey or something that even implies this?: “As it happens the majority of people who do the OT levels get a lot out of it, to say the least”.

I know many who have achieved the OT levels, including myself. There is a shift in the theta as you attain the level. I know several OT 8's who were my peers when I came in in the mid seventies. I have some insight into their universes.

You have no idea whatsoever what of my "comments" were given to or taken on by the committee. It was done in camera. Beyond about a minute of public recording you don’t know what evidence I gave, what we discussed or what they told me they read. You’re clueless about this yet you make your conclusions as above.

Usually folks like yourself are a broken record that just goes over the same circuits over and over again. You have lost your wins as a Scientologist, that is interesting. Then with hyperbole you just build it up so that we are cause over you. You create yourself. You are at the bottom of the responsibility scale. Read Advanced Procedures and Axioms. If you have read my previous posts I have been where you are (although I didn't publicly attack Scientology). I pulled myself out of it. Sometimes spiritual progress means going through phenomena, common to all religions.

Just do me a favor and contact me if you want to know more about me rather that give a whole bunch of belittling, invalidative and unfounded comments about me and what I have done as if somehow you know me or you have some great religious understanding of me.

PM in your inbasket now. Haven't had an answer yet.

But you did make me laugh a lot so thanks for that:)

Peace.

Nobody seems to have answered the main point in my post which was that you said DM was running Scientology with LRH from 1981, five years earlier than when he took over after his death. There have been some in this forum who believe that Miscavige murdered LRH. The paranoia fits with the group. But that was the most notable thing I got out of your document, the rest was over reaction to relatively mundane things like Sea Org reserves.

To those who thought I wouldn't post, please give your money to http://www.bushheritage.org.au

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Your facts are incorrect about the GO disband and pretty much anything else you've listed in two posts to or about me. I never ever ran any mission disbanding or reassigning GO personnel.

It is my belief that you can be only one or more of three things:

1) a troll;

2) an OSA operative (which makes you a complete low-life) and/or

3) someone so confused with useless "tech" that you actually believe your ramblings about being OT, clear, the responsibility scale, circuits and all the other nonsense that you blabber about somehow judging me based on all that false "knowledge".

There is no need for me to post any more back to you as you have now completely "DAed" yourself to anyone who might have been wondering on here.

As there was nothing personal in your PM to me, let me post here your PM to me and my reply. Had I answered what you asked me, OSA could have had me up on contempt charges in Australia. Nice try!!!!:

Your PM:

x-x said:
Senate Inquiry I just assumed you said what you have previously published.

What did you say? What questions did they ask you?

My Reply just now:

It would be a very serious contempt charge levied on me if I tell.

Nice try.

I suggest we just see what happens over the next few months.

At the very best you are a troll and I will no longer feed the trolls.

BTW you are a riot with all that clear/OT garbage and your proclaiming who is clear/OT and who is not. Good luck with that.

Mystic

Crusader
"Those who invented mystic, were sadistic" LRH Dianetic Jingles (Route to Infinity)

Yes, x-x is definitely an inchwife. Has no command of the language (probably is superliterate :roflmao: ) I'll not even bother to point out the grammar errorS in this inchwife statement...er...blather.

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Hi all,

I was reading the collected works of Larry Bennan, and I came across the following:

It was expected that the structure hide the fact the Hubbard really was in control of organized scientology and was getting money for same. It was expected that MCCS also hide the fact that the CMO was now taking over the running of all of organized scientology including having full control of the lower organizations. It was wanted to have MCCS develop a plan to give Hubbard and CMO complete control, to funnel millions of dollars to Hubbard, ...

The overall organizational structure was greatly messed up due to the fact that it was hiding Hubbard’s tight-fisted control of the corporate empire, in addition to the fact that by that point in time millions of dollars were secretly funneled to Hubbard

Of note is that during this time frame (1981), and while directly under Miscavige orders, I personally managed the legal side of the removal of two very senior officers in organized scientology who were known as Executive Directors International. Signed but un-dated resignation notices were used to help Miscavige secretly control these two individuals and remove them if he no longer liked them while keeping the pretense that Miscavige was not in fact in control.

Near the end of summer 1982 I was promoted with David Miscavige’s approval to run Special Unit as “Special Unit In Charge”. Many details of who ran different functions in Special Unit, as well as what really happened in the changes from the GO to Special Unit and OSA are covered in my writings.

During the approximately one and one half years that I was Special Unit In Charge I also held the position known as “Watchdog Committee Member X” (“WDC X”). The Watchdog Committee has been listed in organized scientology promotional materials as the senior most body within the “church” that oversees all major operations of organized scientology. There were approximately a dozen people in this governing body but they were not at the top as organized scientology states. Secretly they were run by both Miscavige and Hubbard.

He also talks about his time in the late seventies at GO WW, this is a bit out of sequence but a more minor point.

I also spent a great deal of time during this period helping develop a religious cloaking strategy for organized scientology so as to help it avoid the need to comply with many different laws regarding the treatment of employees, taxes, practice of medicine and more. I wrote many of the
programs and orders to get scholarly opinions to say scientology was a religion and then use these opinions to get recognitions in support of the overall strategy.

And he finishes off after he left staff with over 17 years as a public member going up the Bridge:

I remained a public scientologist, although inactive for the last couple of years, until some time in 2001, rendering an approximate total of 28 years on staff or as a public paying scientologist. In that time period I completed their “OT Levels” of counseling up through what was called level “OT VI” and was on level OT VII for several years, spending over $400,000 for myself and my wife. After years of doing very costly scientology services I found that I was not achieving any of the big promised gains from scientology services..

Comments:

1. This is quite remarkable as a time line, it says effectively that David Miscavige was running Scientology directly under LRH in the early eighties, rather than having staged a take over in the time after his death in 1986.

I like to be pan determined to DM, but I think I would like to see a change of management. Of course I am not as extreme as some in ESMB. However now I don't know what to think. C of S is also showing pictures in their promotional material of the entrance to Fitzroy House in London with a plaque acknowledging those in the field who contributed to its purchase in the 1950's - ideal org style if you like.

2. Brennan is a little over the top in his description of his executive past. Many people got positions in top strata and most only lasted a little while. As I was directly affected by his Special Unit mission that disbanded the GO I can give an opinion that he threw the baby out with the bathwater.

3. As with many who have left Scientology he has done a diametrical shift in his opinions. I am wondering if he was kicked of OT 7 as "not Clear" as it is in that time period early 2,000s. I won't add to the invalidation of his case, its another guy who fell of the Bridge into the abyss, in the non-interference zone of the second wall of fire. I'd say he got wins if he spent 17 or so years at it. As it happens the majority of people who do the OT levels get a lot out of it, to say the least. But invalidation is a funny thing. I don't condemn Brennan as a fellow OT even if his actions now invite it.

4. As for money being funneled to LRH, what a laugh. If you read the stories about LRH for instance by Mayo, you see that he had modest taste, he lived in a simple apartment. The point is surely whether the money was redirected away from Scientology aims to personal aims. Obviously it wasn't. Hubbard simply wanted to safeguard it from betrayal of the likes of Brennan, obviously a possibility in the early days of a movement. Hubbard's will left a small amount to Mary Sue, $1 million, and donated his home at Saint Hill to the Church. (more about this in a minute). Hubbard derived a considerable income from his writing and Battlefield Earth, and his Mission Earth series would have been ample to pay his living costs in the eighties.

5. Finally the "religious cloaking": The religious scholars approached came to the conclusion that Scientology is a religion. These are some very eminent people, I worked with some of them in the eighties in a religious liberty group which met at a prominent theological college. The issue is that Brennan has lost his viewpoint as a thetan. This happens in other religions from time to time. The majority of people in Scientology do know they are a spiritual being, they don't put bodily concerns as the number one priority which the cult of materialism does.

It seems some on the Economics Committee of the Senate think charity is only the relief of poverty, and that ideas of excellence such as religion and education mean nothing in themselves (unless its for the relief of poverty).

In my submission to the inquiry, number 8, I quote Jesus:

“While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

(next the disciples put the public benefit test to Jesus)

When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."

Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.”
Gospel of Matthew Chapter 26: 6-11

It is perfectly legitimate for a religion based on formless truth to create an image which others can understand it by. Why are cathedrals built? Many private schools use mansions for their premises for the same reason, as a symbol. Saint Hill is fairly modest in relation to some of these places. LRH was quite happy to share his home with hundreds of students and staff of the then Worldwide organisation. If he had purely material aims it would have been different, and of course he worked day and night producing a massive library of policies, bulletins and recorded lectures.

I suppose we can expect a predictable result from acolytes of the cult of economic rationalism who may be on that committee. I don't see much threat in Brennan's comments, they seem instead to support Miscavige's legitimacy.

Hi X-X

Soderqvist1: I have read your two messages, and you seem to me to be a truth believer of Scientology, and I will reply to two of your points!

Nobody seems to have answered the main point in my post which was that you said DM was running Scientology with LRH from 1981, five years earlier than when he took over after his death. There have been some in this forum who believe that Miscavige murdered LRH. The paranoia fits with the group.

Soderqvist1: yes it seems that David Miscavige was Hubbard’s right hand, or his henchman, because he feed Ron with false reports according to Marty Rathbun!
L. Ron Hubbard wrote to the court 1983, and told them how satisfied he was about How David Miscavige takes care of his business!
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/lrh-estate-riverside/affi-keir-1983-05-18.html

Thirty-One Factors for Scientologists to Consider Point 4 - 5
Miscavige has conducted a campaign to fortify his personal power by denigrating and de-powering anyone who personally knew and worked with Hubbard. That includes, but is not limited to, the members of Hubbard's family. The operation served to consolidate his personal power while immeasurably harming the vigor and image of Scientology. Miscavige accomplished his coup by commandeering the only line of communication to Hubbard during the last five years of his life, plying Hubbard with embellished and false reports of a dangerous environment to keep him out of communication with Sea Org members and his family. The reports falsely accused Hubbard's family and lifelong friends of selling out to the enemy and that Scientology orgs had been infiltrated by psychiatric and government interests. He prevented true reports from reaching Hubbard in order to make his actions appear necessary and on policy and to solidify his position.
http://www.scientology-cult.com/who-we-are/factors-to-consider.html

Soderqvist1: I think these so-called false reports are figments of imagination!
If not where are they? - Here supposedly we have L. Ron Hubbard the author of Science of Survival, the science of predicting human behavior, and founder of all SP/PTS tech in the world, yet he doesn't trust his old friends and family members, but he finds the pretty unknown youngster David Miscavige so credible. If it is truth (which I definitely not believe) L. Ron Hubbard was very incompetent!

How David Miscavige crushed L. Ron Hubbard's family by Marty Rathbun
Shortly thereafter, Diana Hubbard attempted to stop DM in his massacre of the mission holders. Her associates were all declared, and when she attempted to communicate what was going on to her father, her comm was cut and she was shot.
http://www.scientology-cult.com/mar...miscavige-crushed-l-ron-hubbards-family.html

Soderqvist1: whatever the reports is truth, or false he did know according to statement below. It tells a lot implicitly that Marty doesn't say anything about how Hubbard treated his first, and second marriage, it is a real clue how Hubbard treated his third marriage!

Affidavit by David Mayo 1994
14. On August 29, 1982, David Miscavige, and others, acting on the orders of L. Ron Hubbard, kidnapped me and subsequently kept me captive and physically and mentally abused me for six months. During this period, David Miscavage, an officer and director of RTC, told me in the presence of Vicki Aznaran, President of RTC, Mark Yaeger, Commanding Officer, CMO INT of CSI that if I ever escaped, he would personally see to it that the resources of the Church of Scientology would destroy my character and reputation internationally. During that six-month period of captivity, I was forced to run around a tree in the desert in temperatures of up to 110 degrees for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 months I was under tremendous coercion and duress.

I was refused medical and dental treatment (after escaping captivity I lost six teeth and required thousands of dollars of dental work to save the rest of my teeth). I was not permitted to make or receive phone calls and all letters I wrote were read by Scientology security guards. I was often awakened during the night and interrogated (mainly by Jesse Prince . In early February 1983, I was told by Rick Aznaran, Director of Security, RTC, (husband of Vicki Aznaran, President of RTC), to get the idea of leaving out of my head because I would never leave the property alive.

15. From 1983 through to the present, Plaintiffs have engaged in a concerted campaign to destroy me in accordance with the Scientology "Fair Game Law," which allows opponents of the Church to be "deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."
http://holysmoke.org/dm/dmayo005.htm

The Ever-Changing Tech of Scientology by Jesse Prince
Later, in 1982, LRH got the idea that Mayo was sympathetic to the mission holders, who were trying to take over Scientology, or so LRH thought. So LRH ordered that Mayo be taken off post as Senior Case Supervisor International - Senior C/S Int, that is. He ordered him and all the Senior C/S Int staff onto the Running Program, had them all labeled security risks, and finally had them all declared Suppressive.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=430288&postcount=4

Soderqvist1: I think L. Ron Hubbard did care about others just as a farmer care about his animals, but the animals doesn't have the faintest clue that he intend to slaughter them all when he doesn't need them anymore. 'Twelve Against the Gods' was L. Ron Hubbard's favorite book, look what the Author says in the Introduction, regarding the family!

L. RON HUBBARD, "Greed," Astounding Science Fiction, April 1950
It can be said with more than a little truth that a society is lost when it loses its greed, for without hunger as a whip - for power, money or fame - man sinks into a blind sloth and, contented or not, is gone.

In February 1983, in written replies to Rocky Mountain News journalist Sue Lindsay, Hubbard said his favorite non-fiction book was Twelve Against the Gods, by William Bolitho, adding, "the introduction is particularly good." In this statement Hubbard provided a powerful clue to his most potent urge.

"The adventurer is within us, and he contests for our favor with the social man we are obliged to be .... We are obliged, in order to live at all, to make a cage of laws for ourselves and to stand on the perch. We are born as wasteful and unremorseful as tigers; we are obliged to be thrifty, or starve or freeze. We are born to wander, and cursed to stay and dig... all the poets are on one side, and all the laws on the other; for laws are made by, and usually for, old men . . . The moment one of these truants breaks loose, he has to fight the whole weight of things as they are; the laws and that indefinite smothering aura that surrounds the laws that we call morals; the family, that is the microcosm and whiplash of society; and the dead weight of all the possessors, across whose interwoven rights the road to freedom lies. If he fails he is a mere criminal . . . the adventurer is an individualist and an egotist, a truant from obligations. His road is solitary; there is no room for company on it. What he does, he does for himself. His motive may be simple greed."
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/apobs/bs9-1.htm

Soderqvist1: oh! He did communicate with the outside world!

4. As for money being funneled to LRH, what a laugh. If you read the stories about LRH for instance by Mayo, you see that he had modest taste, he lived in a simple apartment. The point is surely whether the money was redirected away from Scientology aims to personal aims. Obviously it wasn't. Hubbard simply wanted to safeguard it from betrayal of the likes of Brennan, obviously a possibility in the early days of a movement. Hubbard's will left a small amount to Mary Sue, $1 million, and donated his home at Saint Hill to the Church. (more about this in a minute). Hubbard derived a considerable income from his writing and Battlefield Earth, and his Mission Earth series would have been ample to pay his living costs in the eighties.

Sodderqvist1: the following is an account of Hubbard’s hidden agenda, and how he defrauded the IRS!

AFFIDAVIT OF KENNETH DAVID LONG Defendant Russell Miller
I, KENNETH DAVID LONG of 1301 North Catalina, Los Angeles, California 90027, United States, an executive employed in the Legal Division of the Church of Scientology of California, MAKE OATH and say as follows:-

19. At pages 81 to 82 of the manuscript, large portions of a letter from Mr. Hubbard to his wife, Polly, are quoted. That letter, which I believe to be dated July 21, 1938, was taken by Mr. Armstrong and then surrendered to the Clerk of the Court in August 1982. It was never introduced at trial in the action against Mr. Armstrong, and so has never been unsealed or made available to the general public.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/affi-long-1987-10-05-1.html

Bare-Faced Messiah page 81-82 By Russell Miller
'Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. The outermost limit of endeavour is creative work. Anything less is too close to simple survival until death happens along. So I am engaged in striving to maintain equilibrium sufficient to at least realize survival in a way to astound the gods. I turned the thing up so it's up to me to survive in a big way . . . Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned . . . When I wrote it [Excalibur] I gave myself an education which outranks that of anyone else. I don't know but it might seem that it takes terrific brain work to get the thing assembled and usable in the head. I do know that I could form a political platform, for instance, which would encompass the support of the unemployed, the industrialist and the clerk and day laborer all at one and the same time. And enthusiastic support it would be. Things are due for a bust in the next half dozen years. Wait and see. God was feeling sardonic the day He created the Universe. So it's rather up to at least one man every few centuries to pop up and come just as close to making him swallow his laughter as possible.'
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfm05.htm

The Time Track of Scientology
1967: The IRS removes the C of S of California from the roster of tax exempt organizations. The IRS says it is a for-profit business that enriches church officials.

April
Business was still fair, and the Scientology Church in Britain showed a total income of £457,277 for the year ending April 1967 (an average of almost £9,000 per week). Hubbard gave the following instructions to his subordinates a few months later:

"The real stable datum in handling tax people is NEVER VOLUNTEER ANY INFORMATION .... The thing to do is to assign a significance to the figures before the government can .... I normally think of a better significance than the government can. I always put enough errors on a return to satisfy their bloodsucking appetite and STILL come out zero. The game of accounting is just a game of assigning significance to figures. The man with the most imagination wins."
Organization Executive Course, vol. 3 p. 63

True to these maxims, the 1966-1967 accounts contained several creative designations for expenditure. Directors' fees stood at only £2,914, but £39,426 was justified as "provision for bad debts," and an astonishing £70,000 as "expenditure of United States Mailing List and Promotion." The previous year, £80,000 had been charged under this heading. In 1967-1968 the figure was again £70,000. http://english.freiescientologen.de/text/The_Time_Track_of_Scientology

IRS Final Adverse Ruling re Exempt Status
An earlier case involving a Scientology organization had also resulted in a finding of private benefit to Mr. Hubbard and members of his family. Founding Church of Scientology v. U.S., 412 F. 2d 1197 (Ct. C1. 1969), cert. den., 39 U.S. 1009 (1970).
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/related/2215.php

What happens to the Money? By Justice Latey in High Court of London 1984
Mr. Hubbard went into hiding in 1980. Attempts have been made to secure his attendance at various hearings in the Courts of the United States. They have all failed because be cannot be found and served. The evidence is clear and conclusive: Mr. Hubbard is a charlatan and worse as are his wife Mary Sue Hubbard (she has been convicted of criminal offences in the United States in connection with Scientology and imprisoned) and the clique at the top privy to the Cult's activities.
http://www.clambake.org/archive/audit/latey.html#3a

Mr. Armstrong is in a better position than most to know where the money goes. His
evidence, together with other evidence, shows that much of it goes into the pocket of Hubbard and he has described how it is "laundered".
http://www.clambake.org/archive/audit/latey.html#8

Superior court of California 1984
L. Ron Hubbard as a public figure taken moneys from the Church of Scientology, if need be, we have a witness we can put on the witness stand who will testify that L. Ron Hubbard has taken over $350 million and put it into Lichtenstein bank accounts underneath the table and that the public and the Church of Scientology and the citizens of California and the citizens of the United States have been victimized by a monstrous fraud, of which they have no knowledge
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a1/rt-1984-04-19.html

Declaration by Larry Brennan
"44f. what is also not seen in Exhibits 23, 24 and 25, is that the Mission Holder Conference was held in order to perpetrate an enormous financial fraud and scam on CSI and individual Mission Holders, and was done with the full knowledge and participation of Miscavige, others present as well as Hubbard as follows: (1) Through massive intimidation and coercion ("Fair Game"), the wealthy and independent Mission Holders were forced to pay huge sums of money through CSI to ASI; (2) ASI funneled the money through a Liberian shell corporation, Religious Research Foundation, and through Canada, into Hubbard's private bank accounts in Luxembourg and Lichtenstein; (3) During only part of 1982, over forty million dollars from the non-profit CSI was funneled through the for profit ASI into Hubbard's personal bank accounts, attached hereto as Exhibit 26, according to trial testimony of Homer Schomer in JULIE CHRISTOFFERSON TITCHBOURNE vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY, et al., pages 3609, 3611, 3614-3620, 3629-3630". "
http://www.scientology-cult.com/religious-cloaking.html

David Mayo Tape 3
There were other things I became aware of. Some was information which he revealed during sessions when I was auditing him. Outside of sessions I became aware of other things; there were times when a messenger would arrive with a suitcase full of money, wads of hundred dollar bills. I've been in his room on 3-4 occasions at least when a messenger has come in with a suitcase of money, both at Hemet and Rifle [La Quinta].

It wasn't just what I discovered. I didn't care where he was born or what he had done in the war, it didn't mean a thing to me. I wasn't a loyal member of Scientology because he had an illustrious war record. What worried me was when I saw things he did and statements he made that showed his intentions were different from what they appeared to be. I began to realise he wasn't acting for the public good or for the benefit of mankind, it worked partly that way and he may have started out like that, but in later years, in his own words, he had "an insatiable lust for power and money". He told me he was obsessed by "an insatiable lust for power and money". He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough. This was at Hemet, one of the times he was having a sort of one way conversation and he commented on the price of gold that day, I forget whether it was up or down, then he started talking about gold and money. I thought, "My God, that's right." One tended to try and not believe it.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

The Time track of Scientology 1986
Vicki Aznaran was aware that certain IRS indictments were about to be handed down against LRH. David Miscavige was under an IRS-CID investigation himself for conspiracy to commit tax fraud. Miscavige said, "the only way to stop it now is if the old man dies."

A Piece of Blue Sky Epilogue
In 1938 Hubbard's single goal was to achieve immortality in name. In his last few years money was siphoned from the Church to Hubbard. The IRS criminal investigators came on the scene too late. With Hubbard's death the investigation was abandoned, but money continued to gush into Author Services Inc., and from thence to the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST). This Church has as its sole function the perpetuation not of Scientology, but of the name L. Ron Hubbard. CST records presented in a tax case in Washington, DC, show that CST has assets of over $500 million. On 28 January 1990, The New Mexican reported that CST had dug a 350-foot tunnel into a mesa to store Hubbard's writings, which are being preserved at enormous expense using state of the art techniques. CST intend this storage facility to survive even nuclear war. There are also storage facilities near Los Angeles and in northern California.
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/apobs/epilogue.htm

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:goodposting: ^^^ Nice work there Peter, pretty sure its totally wasted on x-x though, but good for others and worth a 'linking to'.
:cheers2:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
x-x

Does the x-x stand for an ex who is now an ex of the exes?

Oh and this :puke2: :laugh: :screwy: :bully: :pfft: :whocares: :deadhorse:

:blah: :tease:

:bug:

Oh and thanks for the Larry Brennan stuff - good stuff :D :thumbsup:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here is a small point, compared to the rest of the posts, but it this kind of "reasoning" is pretty ignorant:

If someone was in Scientology for xx years, they obviously got wins from it.

This is the same reasoning that results in pronouncements like "People who drink water get cancer. Therefore, water causes cancer."

Uh, the wins I got was that I had a "group," I had friends. No Scientology tech, policy or anything else involved there. In fact, it was the Scientology policies that ended those "wins."

AnonKat

Crusader
Peter you forgot that Hubbard did order a sec Check on Miscavige. So it wasn't all dandy between them.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/personal_story/jesse_prince/ding_dong/

But as LRH felt his grasp on the Scientology empire weakening, he became extremely suspicious of Dave and ordered me to give him a security check to see if Dave was trying to prevent LRH from having his way with the church as he was used to having. Basically, LRH was upset that he could not simply romp from one fake corporation to another, wreaking havoc in his wake, as he had always done. And he was being advised by attorneys whom Dave had hired that in order to protect his money, he should disappear for a while. All of these circumstances added up for LRH, and he was not at all sure he could trust DM. He was afraid DM was trying to take over. Sure, he had practically raised Dave from a pup, but still, who could be trusted in this business?

So I was ordered to sec check DM to determine his real motives for passing along legal advice that he back off from his own church. When I walked into Dave"s office he was crying like a child who had taken a crap in his pants and now stank to high heaven. Dave swore up and down to me that he was only following LRH"s own orders to get an "All Clear" -- meaning to get LRH dismissed from all the outstanding litigation -- so that LRH could travel freely again, without fear of subpoenas or worse.

LRH had been in hiding, not only from the public but also from 95 percent of all his staff, for the last fifteen to twenty years anyway. Dave was extremely indignant at being asked such incriminating questions, but because of the questions I was asking him, he was fairly certain that LRH would soon assign him to the RPF (the Rehabilitation Project Force, Scientology"s political prison).

In the security check Dave made sure he told me about the trips to the casinoes, the heavy drinking and the women he and Pat had enjoyed together. Dave freely confessed his sins and Pat Broeker"s sins as well. He said if he was going to go down, he was going to make sure Pat Broeker went down as well. He was very critical of Pat, saying he had a long history of alcohol abuse and recklessly spending LRH's money. Of course, the person who received the report of Dave"s sec check was Pat Broeker. So it didn"t surprise me a bit when Dave and Pat suddenly became best buddies again. I seriously doubt that anything but reports full of glowing praise for Dave ever went to LRH. In retrospect I realize both Pat Broeker and David Miscavige had an interest in keeping the status quo with LRH, since both of them had dreams of one day being the new dictator of Scientology once the current Ding Dong king was dead.

Veda

Sponsor
Compare the cowardly and paranoid cult leader Hubbard with two other cult leaders:

Lyndon LaRouche, who was sentenced to prison for mail fraud and tax violations, and continued to run his organization while serving his sentence. He was eventually released from prison, and continues to lead his organization at age 87.

Then there's Sun Myung Moon, another cult leader, who was sent to prison for income tax fraud and conspiracy. He continued to run his organization from inside prison, and was eventually released, and continues as leader of his organization at age 90.

Hubbard let his wife take the rap for his crimes, and ran way and hid - all the while making sure that the cash flow, and his monuments-to-himself projects, continued.