What's new

Leaving the Church of Scientology and recovery

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I notice the following about those recovering from the cult of Scientology.

I have helped many people leave and my observation is - the restoration of their sanity will occur to the degree that they inform themselves of just "What is Scientology" and how did they fall prey to the shenanigan's of this strange and powerful cult.

There are half a dozen that I helped get out that were in for 20 years plus. They are completely indoctrinated into the Scientologese thinking. Every aspect of their lives are affected by this - their business, their personal lives, their spiritual growth etc.

I spent the last year educating myself on how I was spiritual raped by the tech of El Wrong Hubbard. As I poured through an entire year of research - my mind would snap and pop. (like tom cruise said...PoP, Bang - wow!). I recall this happening when I got into scientology and I would actually think I heard the pops- like shifts in my thinking would actually make noises.

The benefits of this research is that I was able to differentiate the "scientology think" from just normal thinking. This has been very challenging because of the time I spent in those books and lectures and away from normal people. I completely despise the "lingo" and won't use it. I have difficulty at times - separating the "tech" from me and the way I want to think.

I helped 4 families leave. Here is what I noticed:

1. Family 1- 6 people - doing good, does not use the "tech" - hates El Wrong Hubbard and the Tech - did their own research about the cult. Found another Church and practice their old religion. Doing relatively fine despite the financial raping they incurred from the cult.

2. Family 2 - 2 people - slow progress. They use the "lingo" and have managed to find a CULT-LIKE business so they can repeat the same behavior they had in the Cult of Scientology. They have been in the business (MLM) for 4 years and have made no money. Their persistance in unbelieveable - but they do have retirement social security so they are not desperate for cash. They are going back to their old religion - and they bring the "cult think" to that. They integrate the "tech" in their religion - they still think in terms of "nattering = overts", "you must DO something in order to be spiritually free, they are lead around by the leader of their church like a sheep and cannot think for themselves. they are judgmental and righteous...a rather unsavory experience to be with.
They did no research at all. They won't look at the internet - they will not look at anything "entheta" and have relied on my research and reporting. :coolwink:
I find them the most frustrating people to be around. They even offered to hire me for consulting business purposes but I would have to:

1. Join their MLM business for $2,500.
2. If I get declared - they would fire me...and they wanted that in the contract.
3. Discount my fee
By the way, ^ is THE TECH. I did not take it personally - just declined to work for them.

That ^was done when they were out - but waiting for Scientology to get their act together - it was the staff at the class 5 morgue that caused all the problems they incurred.

After I worked on them another - they finally saw that it was the organization and LRH is a con. So they recently threw 1,200 lbs of LRH in the dump. 4 e-meters smashed and discarded w/o sorrow. They announced their change of groups publicly to the group. They have replaced that cult with another religious cult. They are already writing people up for not "following the cult rules".

This group ^ has recovered the slowest because they will not look for themselves. They are still IN Scientology - but do not know it. They have not stopped thinking Scientologese. It is hard to be around them. They talk of staff members being evil - I say the staff members are in scientology - and being IN scientology does make one evil....they are not able to think without this scientology filter.

4. Family 3 - 4 people - did their own research - got rid of everything - don't use the tech and have recovered fully. they are back to their old church. They were not in that long - 3 years but did not do much.

5. Family 4 -2 people - did not do their own research and was lured back in by "we care so very, very much regg - went back in and are back out - now doing research. Financially ruined. No church to go to - in a state of complete confusion.

6. Family 5 - 1 person - did not do research and went back in. I was "anonymous" so they did not know who I was when I enlightened them over the phone. No news on how they are doing. Did not do their own research on what is scientology. May God help them!:omg:

My conclusion is that one must LOOK if one wants to heal. Check out Marty's blog - he is "Going Clear" - so is Mike Rinder!

Anyone else experience this?

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
This group ^ has recovered the slowest because they will not look for themselves. Th ey are still IN Scientology - but do not know it. They have not stopped thinking Scientologese. It is hard to be around them. They talk of staff members being evil - I say the staff members are in sc ientology - and being IN scientology does make one evil....they are not able to think without this scientology filter.

I can totally relate. This is the worst case scenario IMO.