What's new

My Olive Branch To The Freezone

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Up in the thread "Freezone Section" in ESMB Announcements I think I had a minor epiphany that would explain a lot of my resistance to folks who are trying to find a way through the "tech" to keep doing their thing. It isn't that I want to be perceived as someone who just says "you shouldn't be doing that shit" for no other reason than to just be contrary. I really honestly feel that going throgh all that "efforting" just isn't needed.

In the final analysis I guess I view scientology/dianetics or any effort derived from it as really having nothing to do with my life and the better parts of it. That's probably why I don't see what's so all-fired important about it. I abandoned it all when I walked away from FCDC in the mid-70s and proceeded to just live my life.

I wonder, after talking with you about it for so long, if the "EP" isn't just a matter of creating your own integrity. If you decide what you do, how you react, where you go, and why you go there, then it makes sense (to me anyway) that you really don't need to rely on some cooked up version of a methodology when the secret is in you all the while.

The "secret" has been in you all the while.

All your work and efforting is just going to come down to this, no matter what you do. This is really all you're going to need to have. Think about it from any angle you want. Here's the secret...

Please be kind enough to listen?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aEY65II_0c0

Life's what you make it. Word up.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Life is what you make it - what if your always making it wrongly, second rate or not up to the standard or quality of execellence you want?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Dull - usually taking a stab at trying to find common ground is perceived, amongst sane people, as a way to find some kind of agreement. I mean, unless the person you're trying to reach is just willfully being obtuse.

Alan - Er... then that's what you made?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
and............?

That's it! :confused2:

Isn't it? Reach back into the tech if you want. What are you "at cause" over? See where I'm going? Well OK maybe some folks can't take instruction unless it's buried in some kind of complexity that they have to ferret their way through. Life's what you make it. If you're always making it wrongly, second rate or not up to the standard or quality of excellence you want... why did you do that?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
I've heard people tell me that one of the puzzles of scientology is that, in the end, the realization after looking at your "bank" all this time is that "you've created your own bank." What does that mean, if it's accurate? It means life's what you make it. Maybe this is all you need to know. Maybe Hubbard devised a way to take all your money just to get you to a truth that was in you all the time. Succumbing to the "dark side", he cynically said "hmmm, well life's what you make it, and I'm going to make millions of dollars telling people that.' So you get to the end of the Bridge and the EP is "life's what you make it," and thank you for your cash. I'm just guessing. But haven't I heard that from folks, that that's the way it ends?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Dull - usually taking a stab at trying to find common ground is perceived, amongst sane people, as a way to find some kind of agreement. I mean, unless the person you're trying to reach is just willfully being obtuse.

Seems to me like you are still saying "Hey, you guys are wasting your time with any parts of Scn, and what you need instead is this...."

But you're just not being quite so pushy about it. :)

Paul

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Seems to me like you are still saying "Hey, you guys are wasting your time with any parts of Scn, what you need instead is this...."

But you're just not being quite so pushy about it. :)

Paul

H e l p f u l. I'm being helpful! :) And it's free!

EDIT: But isn't what I'm saying the whole "cognition" of what scientology is trying to do? Mock up a straightwire to the EP, DOF.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Up in the thread "Freezone Section" in ESMB Announcements I think I had a minor epiphany that would explain a lot of my resistance to folks who are trying to find a way through the "tech" to keep doing their thing. It isn't that I want to be perceived as someone who just says "you shouldn't be doing that shit" for no other reason than to just be contrary. I really honestly feel that going throgh all that "efforting" just isn't needed.

In the final analysis I guess I view scientology/dianetics or any effort derived from it as really having nothing to do with my life and the better parts of it. That's probably why I don't see what's so all-fired important about it. I abandoned it all when I walked away from FCDC in the mid-70s and proceeded to just live my life.

I wonder, after talking with you about it for so long, if the "EP" isn't just a matter of creating your own integrity. If you decide what you do, how you react, where you go, and why you go there, then it makes sense (to me anyway) that you really don't need to rely on some cooked up version of a methodology when the secret is in you all the while.

The "secret" has been in you all the while.

All your work and efforting is just going to come down to this, no matter what you do. This is really all you're going to need to have. Think about it from any angle you want. Here's the secret...

Please be kind enough to listen?

Life's what you make it. Word up.

I have this exactly to be true. I look back at my state of mind/successes/failures pre -scn and then after auditing and courses and I was less causative and true to myself with scn--the longer I am out the more I regaining my integrity to self and to life in general.

I feel that many people's integrity was squashed, reinforced out, and just not allowed to be expressed while in scn. People were pressured to group think at great cost to self, family, friends.

One functions in a sort of misty delusion and frankly a sort of 'megalomania' attitude causing self to go into debt, have unrealistic expectations of others, alienate others...basically fall OUT of reality with self and the world. I used to think the 'big thinking' was an improvement, but now I see it as an implanted delsuion so that there is no end to the money you will give and to the effort you will put forth to the good of 'scn'.

I am still trying to get the 'scn' out of my thought processes but it almost seems imprinted at times--the 'think' and the 'why' explanations scn teaches about the world and people. It seems to be there always even as a fleeting thought.

The more OT you become the more out-integrity one becomes, IN MY opinion and observations of so many.

So now I can say that I never needed scn, I never needed the bridge or any of it. I had it inside me all along-and now it slowly retrns back to me.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Isn't it? Reach back into the tech if you want. What are you "at cause" over? See where I'm going? Well OK maybe some folks can't take instruction unless it's buried in some kind of complexity that they have to ferret their way through. Life's what you make it. If you're always making it wrongly, second rate or not up to the standard or quality of excellence you want... why did you do that?

"Why did you do that?"

Is a listing question......hope you get the right answer or item! :D

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
"Why did you do that?"

Is a listing question......hope you get the right answer or item! :D

I think the freezone only needs one auditing command...

"Mock up a straightwire to the end phenomenon."

Followed by

"Thank you, your needle is floating."

Because.. you know... life's what you make it. LOL.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
So now I can say that I never needed scn, I never needed the bridge or any of it. I had it inside me all along-and now it slowly retrns back to me.

That "duplicates" exactly what happened to me, and why I just shrug my shoulders at all the layers of complexity I see that folks seem to REQUIRE in order to get there.

Wasn't one of the original thesis of scientology supposed to be based on the simplicity we have all blotted out as being in the realm of the possible?

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm glad you have the answer! :)

But - sadly the one answer seems to work on but a few! :grouch:

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Remember what Hubbard teaches about giving the being or the group a bigger problem than they have and then they forget about their own small problem and it suddenly solves itself. He uses this principle to get one to buy in to the whole scn delusion.

Tell people that they have a reactive mind..this terrible problem that runs you and how you have to get rid of it---suddenly money isnt ss much an issue.

Tell people they have BT's and then suddenly they will come up with more money. I mean once you are convinced that you have them, you'd do anyhting to get rid of them!

Tell them that they are not as smart as they should be and how scn can fix it with study tech and courses and suddenly you have indoctrination buy in--

Tell them that the bridge is the only way out of this prison planet on which you are a prisoner and suddenly the little people dont matter. The issues of 'raising your own children' or staying in touch with your family and wog friends isnt so imprtant--because after all---there is a much bigger problem to solve. raising your kids becomes a minor annoyance so you let the church take care of them.

This one principle of giving people and groups a bigger problem is, to me , the #1 principle used to grow the church and get the buy in. It works....unfortunately...in an evil, manipulative sort of way.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Remember what Hubbard teaches about giving the being or the group a bigger problem than they have and then they forget about their own small problem and it suddenly solves itself. He uses this principle to get one to buy in to the whole scn delusion.

Tell people that they have a reactive mind..this terrible problem that runs you and how you have to get rid of it---suddenly money isnt ss much an issue.

Tell people they have BT's and then suddenly they will come up with more money. I mean once you are convinced that you have them, you'd do anyhting to get rid of them!

Tell them that they are not as smart as they should be and how scn can fix it with study tech and courses and suddenly you have indoctrination buy in--

Tell them that the bridge is the only way out of this prison planet on which you are a prisoner and suddenly the little people dont matter. The issues of 'raising your own children' or staying in touch with your family and wog friends isnt so imprtant--because after all---there is a much bigger problem to solve. raising your kids becomes a minor annoyance so you let the church take care of them.

This one principle of giving people and groups a bigger problem is, to me , the #1 principle used to grow the church and get the buy in. It works....unfortunately...in an evil, manipulative sort of way.

Quoted For Truth (= QFT)