What's new

My story from inside Scientology (EU Base) in pictures part 1 ?

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
It needs to be salt water in the tub. THEN you get some serious amps flowing. :yes:
Not in europe.... because there the "earth leakage circuit breaker" wich will switch off the supply within milliseconds when the leakage exceeds more than 30 mA (= 0,03A).

strativarius said:
Are you saying that a relatively fit and healthy person would survive sharing a bath with an electrical appliance?
Of course, because some milliseconds are not enough to die, and then the earth leakage circuit breaker will have switched off.

But El Con Hubby neither needed a modified e-meter nor a bathtub...... a vintage guitar amplifier - one of the cheap ones without an isolation transformer - an electrical guitar and his sweety feet would be sufficient. Unfortunately noone told him that.

To stay on topic:
mrqazwaz said:
This is a 1.1 person we used shock and awe tactics on, to make her go away. (to be fair, she was actually a real asshole.)
So was she a scientologist ? :coolwink:

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Not in europe.... because there the "earth leakage circuit breaker" will switch off the supply within milliseconds when the leakage exceeds more than 30 mA (= 0,03A).

I have three questions ... all serious so far:

1) To "uncover", just out of curiosity: don't they have fuses for the electrical circuits of a household in the USA? I mean, seriously? I have looked up the term you used, but can't say with certainty whether this is the same thing than the (serial of) "fuse(s)" mounted next to an electricity meter.

2) The undoubtedly more relevant question: did they use to have fuses back then, around the time of Hubbard's death? And in trailers...? :confused2:

3) If they had, how much more unreliable, slower reacting, etc were they? Here, I remember fuses that "burn out" when an accident happened, so that they had to be replaced each time. Nowadays, that's usually some magnetic switch that only has to be switched back. ( :melodramatic: :biggrin: ) But I don't know anything about which type actually provides better protection for devices, wires, and "meat balls". :)

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Are you saying that a relatively fit and healthy person would survive sharing a bath with an electrical appliance? I'm not sure about the USA but we have 240v mains power here in the UK. Yes, I know that's volts not amps but...

We're at 110V. It's possible to get killed that way, but you lot in Europe are a lot more likely to buy the farm in this scenario, if your circuit breaker is faulty. :biggrin:

EC, a fuse is a one time use device with a low melting point metal in it that breaks the circuit when overheated. The resettable devices you are referring to are called circuit breakers.

Fuses were in regular use up until the 1980s. Trailers such as Hubbard's would certainly have had a fuse box for the house portion, and a separate, smaller fuse array for the engine, similar to the one in all cars and trucks of the era. I've changed more than my share of fuses in the 1963 Ford I learned to drive in.

I'm not sure when fuse boxes became standard (at least by the 1930s), but fuses themselves have been part of the electrical code for over 120 years:

1890s electrical codes required that each light socket be fused. Allowances were made so that chandeliers with multiple lights only were required to have one fuse. The easiest way to fuse each fixture was with lead fuse wire in the ceiling rosette. Although this was a very good safety practice, it eventually gave way to convenience. Whenever a fixture shorted, the owner had to call in an electrician to take down the light and replace the lead fuse wire in the rosette.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have three questions ... all serious so far:

1) To "uncover", just out of curiosity: don't they have fuses for the electrical circuits of a household in the USA? I mean, seriously? I have looked up the term you used, but can't say with certainty whether this is the same thing than the (serial of) "fuse(s)" mounted next to an electricity meter.

2) The undoubtedly more relevant question: did they use to have fuses back then, around the time of Hubbard's death? And in trailers...? :confused2:

3) If they had, how much more unreliable, slower reacting, etc were they? Here, I remember fuses that "burn out" when an accident happened, so that they had to be replaced each time. Nowadays, that's usually some magnetic switch that only has to be switched back. ( :melodramatic: :biggrin: ) But I don't know anything about which type actually provides better protection for devices, wires, and "meat balls". :)

"earth leakage circuit breaker" is in german "Fehlerstromschutzschalter" or "FI-Schalter" - thats the one with the test button looking like this:

628056_RB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

This unit measures the current on the phase to the load and compares it with the current coming back on the neutral wire. If there is a difference greater than 0,03A then this current must be "lost" somewhere - one possibilty would be through a person to ground. Therefore this unit switches the current off immediately.

To assure the proper function the test button should be pressed once in a month - preferably when your computer is switched off to avoid data losses. :biggrin:

A fuse - or now an "automatic circuit breaker" - is not intended for the safety of people, it is intended to protect the WIRES from overload, getting hot and later maybe burning. Typically an automatic circuit breaker is rated for 13 ampere - even 60mA (or 0,06A) can be deadly (if the current flows via your heart, e.g. from one hand to the other). So it doesn´t matter if there have been fuses in the 80´s. If 1A flows through your body, you probably will be dead - but the fuse will still be alive.

Most of US electrical installations would not be allowed in europe - if you have seen several US installations you will understand, why they have only 120V (110V) there. Extra daring ones can try to put 240V on those installations..... :omg::biggrin:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Same as my bro. He turned 18 just after he got in. He's been in for almost 3 years now. They got me when I was 15. I was in for 3 years too. Got kicked out right after my 18th. Then when I was 25 I left Scientology altogether. First told my story here, anonymously. Then Tony Ortega published a story for me. Shared it with everyone I knew. All my friends--really my true family, they replaced my biological family and I am closer to them now than I ever have been with anyone--were very supportive. What surprised me was my extended family's reaction. I hadn't seen them in 15 years. They missed me and were happy to have me back and out of Scientology. I've got back in touch with all my cousins and stuff since then.

Sort of reminding me of after I got out & told my sister that scientology was a cult.

& her reply was " Honey, we knew that when you joined it ".

Adam7986

Declared SP
Sort of reminding me of after I got out & told my sister that scientology was a cult.

& her reply was " Honey, we knew that when you joined it ".

Yeah except I didn't join Scientology. My parents did, and cut me off from the rest of the world.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
...the hairdryer/etc-in-bathtub thing mostly doesn't "work" at all. But I get what you mean. :p

Didn't the guy from INXS do the bathtub hairdryer thing all the time? Or am I misremembering?

Also mods, please change the title of this thread to "How Hubbard should have killed himself - some tips for David Miscavige."

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Also mods, please change the title of this thread to "How Hubbard should have killed himself - some tips for David Miscavige."

Well dear Davey, re "sufficient voltage", jumping from a railway bridge onto the cables that power the trains, should work. Take care that you touch two of them. (You'll notice that it has worked, when you are dead.) I've heard that pissing on the cable from above works, too. So much choices, eh? :p Best to do it drunk, so that they will think it might not have been suicide.
Or just jumping from any high bridge, that should work too. Shit happens, especially when drunk. :biggrin:
Or just drinking enough Scotch and then going swimming in the atlantic ocean.
Plenty of opportunities for undiscovered suicide (and body!) with diving, too. Just go to a sufficient depth and skip the decompression phases. It would be best to be drunk when doing so.

I'll stop now, I'm getting excited; but let's not forget, the man should stay in office as long as possible to do maximum damage to Co$... :p

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Personally, I think the longer the Drunken Maggot manages to clutch the reins of "power" in His tiny hands, the better. I can't think of a better punishment for the Dwarf Malignant than to watch His "empire" crumble in front of His beady little peepers. :yes:

Can you imagine what's going through His thoroughly pickled head every night as He peruses the daily Interwebs summary and sees just how bad it's all going? EVERYTHING is happily gurgling down the toilet bowl in Planet $ciloontology right now.:woohoo:

AND, everything He does just accelerates the whole mess.:roflmao:

I suspect that large chunks will fall off the cult this year, bigger than we've ever seen. And poor little Slappy will be madly trying to hold them all in place - and failing.:happydance:

For Deputy Malignant, that has to be the best punishment.:clap:

That, and the fact that "we" are all laughing at him.:hysterical:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Personally, I think the longer the Drunken Maggot manages to clutch the reins of "power" in His tiny hands, the better. I can't think of a better punishment for the Dwarf Malignant than to watch His "empire" crumble in front of His beady little peepers. :yes:

Can you imagine what's going through His thoroughly pickled head every night as He peruses the daily Interwebs summary and sees just how bad it's all going? EVERYTHING is happily gurgling down the toilet bowl in Planet $ciloontology right now.:woohoo:

AND, everything He does just accelerates the whole mess.:roflmao:

I suspect that large chunks will fall off the cult this year, bigger than we've ever seen. And poor little Slappy will be madly trying to hold them all in place - and failing.:happydance:

For Deputy Malignant, that has to be the best punishment.:clap:

That, and the fact that "we" are all laughing at him.:hysterical:

Heh. Good point. As he will probably never have to face jurisdiction but in the end just flees to some luxurious hideout, that's a consoling thought. I like the psychos to be punished. I won't participate in an unofficial hanging :biggrin: ... but I like to see them punished, in whichever "subtle" way that can be managed by society, fate, and, if I may say so as an atheist because a term as good as this should not be wasted: "KARMA"... :yes:

(In fact, I have a very "nicht druckfähige" ("not ready for print (legally)") opinion about how all psychopaths/sociopaths should be "handled", especially if there ever will be a reliable test or a combination of such ... but don't worry I'm not going to post it anywhere, as it will probably desecrate the whole place, and/or gets me banned. Or worse. :nervous: :biggrin: )

As I'm wondering how disinformed DM really is, I've snipped my answer here and made up a thread about that theme, so let's continue that discussion over there ... if it's of any interest. :melodramatic: :biggrin:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...uninformed-and-disinformed-is-David-Miscavige

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Street fairs are such a hoot - as are booths county fairs.

I love to ask 'em who accredited the personality test they want to administer to me & what are the legal credentials of the person who will do the evaluation of it to me ?

Asking for their state approved credentials gets 'em going - and I ask them from what college of medicine did they graduate ?

Endless questions - like why a naval uniform when you have no navy ?

There are so many questions to ask these street people that they just can not answer & they are ungodly slow - if ever - picking up on they are being bullbaited rentlessly in fron of their potential customers !

Great fun !

PS - I think they flat gave up trying to a street thing in Hollywood as far far too many people came by just to mess with 'em.

They can be driven off our streets !

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Messing with these guys on the street is just not fun anymore. Most of the scienobots on the street are not sharp enough to know what's going on. It's like messing with a tree.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Messing with these guys on the street is just not fun anymore. Most of the scienobots on the street are not sharp enough to know what's going on. It's like messing with a tree.

True enough. The ones they let out on the street are a curious lot indeed.

I always thought that street thing was the final internship of public interaction before they became full fledged operatives of OSA .