What's new

Our 'experience' in Scn - Different for each of us!

Nicki

Patron with Honors
One thing I find very interesting is that true friendships form very easily between ex scientologists, as we have common goals and common experience, the things that drew us into Scn in the first place, and we can talk freely about it.

Yet while in Scn, particularly after '82 it was very difficult to form those friendships because of the control on free communication - it just didn't happen because you could not discuss how you really felt or thought.

Yes, and even though I have not experienced the total separation yet...how many of those "friends" are there once you leave, get kicked out, dissapear, or "transcend"
outta there? All of a sudden, (I suppose), you need to find new friends.
Well...I have already begun flourishing and prospering as far as that goes.:yes:
Nicki

Nicki

Patron with Honors
One thing I find very interesting is that true friendships form very easily between ex scientologists, as we have common goals and common experience, the things that drew us into Scn in the first place, and we can talk freely about it.

Yet while in Scn, particularly after '82 it was very difficult to form those friendships because of the control on free communication - it just didn't happen because you could not discuss how you really felt or thought.

First off, THANKS! This was a GREAT POST! :thumbsup:

Not only did you answer my questions. I feel I genuinely understand what you went through. I suspect it really "indicated" to a lot of others on the board, too.

Perfect summary, perfect sense.

The loss of hope was a huge source of grief for alot of us.

But (please pardon my undue familiarity) you know who loves you baby! :rose:
Yeah, excuse the eval, but it sounds like you made the right decision for the right reasons and at the right time. :hattip: :thumbsup: Mark A. Baker

I have spend many several years now with that loss of hope and grief to a degree. We all have our personal reasons and losses. I agree that many of us wanted to do good and thought we were. Well, we were! And it WAS a lotlike a hamster cage with a treadmill - trying to operate with a tryanny all around us...and it was confusing. I was staff and public, and I'll tell you as a public...after having been staff and being around staff for so long....after a while , my eyes bagan to cross...that's when I started to "drift off"...to uncross them!:coolwink:
Nic

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks. I guess when I said "close" I assumed that you were on a chain of command that would have been "close" to DM, I guess....know what I mean?
I realize that you're in Aussieland.
Loved it there...I was on tour there in ...2001...I think (as a public)...wonder if we met.
Nicki

We probably didn't meet - I wasn't "on lines" in 2001, I went off lines in early '98.

In regard to being on the "chain of command", yes! As C/S in the '80's and E/D in the early '90's, I saw that DM made it his business to be on the "chain of command", whether appropriate or not. His micromanagement seemed to permeate any and all facets of activity within the CofS.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some great posts! :yes:

I agree with Roger about how it seemed to go off the rails in the late sixties. Somehow the true mad picture is hidden from newbies and it takes years for them to work it out.

So much of Carmel's story sounds like my own, the only difference being that I went through it all before Carmel became a Scientologist.

Eventually despite any gains one has made or helped others to gain, eventually we realise the organisation is mad and any gains tend to have been despite the CofS.

It is a sad loss. But that too repairs in time and yes, one's goals, the reasons why we got into scn in the first place do still exist and can be realised outside the mad CofS. :happydance:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
It is a sad loss. But that too repairs in time and yes, one's goals, the reasons why we got into scn in the first place do still exist and can be realised outside the mad CofS. :happydance:
Yep, absolutely! The goals and reasons that we got involved in the first place, can be realised outside of the CofS. Here's to all those still "in" realising this, and shifting their viewpoint to enable them to operate as free beings and gain what they truly desire. :)

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
What is charge blowing...

Carmel and friends,

For whatever reasons, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to say re this thread :confused2: that would not be an "additive" or "Dev-T" or worse! :unsure:

I just re-read the whole thing in a "new unit of time" and observed that I was alternately "cogniting", "F/Ning", getting "griefy" and all sorts of things were turning up, running out... and, in the final analysis, I feel like a load has been lifted from my mind and universe. :yes:

This is true!

No shit.

Love,:eyeroll:

EP

Yep, absolutely! The goals and reasons that we got involved in the first place, can be realised outside of the CofS. Here's to all those still "in" realising this, and shifting their viewpoint to enable them to operate as free beings and gain what they truly desire. :)

:thumbsup: :party:

Mark A. Baker