What's new

Ready to Blow My Top

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Tell the calling Scientologists that you have recently started a BT support group, the National Association for the Advancement of Body Thetans (NAABT).

Because the church has a long and nefarious history of suppressing this minority, including such things as evicting them from their homes, forcing them to undergo unwanted therapy, and engaging in a libelous black propaganda campaign in order to deprive them of the rights due to any other group of spiritual beings, you can no longer in good conscience support Scientology.

We meet every third Tuesday in the basement of the Unitarian Church.

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
You guys sure have a great imagination!
:laugh: :coolwink:

Well, I dont know if I would actually dare. I have to be careful since my ex-husband is a hardcore $cientologist and our children are connected to both of us so I'm kind of careful. But i'm pretty cold when someone call, I just say no and hang up or they just dont insist as my 'no' is VERY straightforward.

You guys are too much!
:yes:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
We meet every third Tuesday in the basement of the Unitarian Church.

You guys need to meet more often than that if you wanna take over/fix that religion.

They are working FULL TIME to undo all the work you do every third Tuesday!!!

barky

Patron with Honors
Update:

So I finally started getting the courage to answer CoS phone calls and give them holy hell.

I know I started this thread months ago, but, honestly, I've been a big pussy about confronting the CoS.

I am horribly ashamed to admit I'm actually afraid to talk to these people. I'm ashamed to admit their little jedi mind tricks have worked on me in the past. I'm heavily embarrassed their little mind-fucks still have an effect on me. Plus I'm afraid one of these malicious bastards will try to ruin my own career or embarrass me in some way like they've done to so many others.

But I'm also afraid of having any affiliation with CoS anymore at all, at all, at all. I'm trying to shift my career, which involves job interviews, etc., and I'm nervous that someone will find out my dark secret: that I was ever involved in this cult of greed, and allowed myself to be scammed out of $30K. Then I'd have to explain why I joined in the first place (low-grade, chronic depression) and that would definitely work against me in the job market.

So, for months I've been getting these calls, and using caller ID to avoid them outright, and rapidly deleting any messages. But then it happened: a copy of "Source" ended up in my mailbox. Oh the horrors of their never-ending stream of junk mail!! I don't want it festering in there, that's for sure. All these reminders of the greatest failure of my life go straight to the recycle bin, but damn it, I don't want to be reminded of it every week!

So I started answering their little calls, and tearing various forms of new assholes. I'm taking a gradient approach:

1) politely but firmly asking for no more calls or mail, and end comm.
2) harshly asking for no more calls or mail, and end comm.
3) nasty, expletive laced demands to be severed entirely from their little criminal exercise, and end comm.

Of course, it always requires stage 3, because they think they're just soooo right, and that I must be under the influence of SPs to think anything ill of Scn. The CoS views human thought in two categories: if you think Scn is good, then you are an intelligent, thoughtful, "independent" (purposely in quotes because of the irony), thetan, but if you think Scn is bad, you are under the influence of SPs and not looking at things clearly. That is such an incredibly insulting viewpoint ... but I digress.

My handling of these calls depend on my strength of will at the time. Got a call yesterday, I think it was Flag, and just didn't have the heart to take it, so they ate voice mail. Will have to get them another day.

For those of you not in the know, there are about half a dozen different organizations initiating these calls, including Flag, Bridge, the two orgs I attended, someone who just says "L.A.", plus FSMs. Because they don't talk to each other worth a sh*t, I have to do this with each of them, in turn, and will probably have to do another round of calls initiated by me outbound to get my name out of their addresso.

This all sucks. I don't want to do battle with these @ssholes, I just want to put the whole ruddy mess behind me (I thought I already had until Davie went on his bookselling binge and my old FSM, an individual I thought I could trust, betrayed my location to them, I'm sure yellowpages.com did the rest).

Here's a question: can one get a restraining order against an organization to stop calls & mail?

------------------------

To the newbies, those who never were in and don't understand, you're looking squarely at a "former" who reacts to Scn out of fear. I know I'm not the only one. Out of the thousands who filtered through Scn only to leave, only a small number are active critics. The rest cower in fear from a relentless and malicious organization intent on "parishioner" destruction one way or another. In or out, they will ruin you. This is the type of "church" they are.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Here's a question: can one get a restraining order against an organization to stop calls & mail?

Probably no. Unfortunately. It's relatively easy to get a restraining order against an individual, but, practically impossible to get one against an organization, which means that you'd just have *different* people calling you.

There are do not call lists, and, if you're ready to openly defy the 'Church', then you could get yourself on them and then, when you get the calls, ask the people the specific organization they're from, get their name and inform them you don't want their calls and will report any further ones.

I don't have any information on how effective this is, since I don't know anyone who's used it with the 'Church', but, I've used it with some success against other types of solicitors.

Hopefully you would end up 'deadfiled' pretty quickly. Getting them to stop mailing you is a different kettle of squid. Sometimes you can; often you can't.

I think the best solution there is to keep a box; toss everything in it, and, when it's full, send it to Kristi Wachter who collects and archives the stuff and culls it for completion data etc. She'd appreciate it and it's useful.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Get a lawyer to send them a letter on law office letterhead. That's usually pretty effective.

In the current climate, try this. Document all the idiotic calls and letters for a few weeks, then put a video of it all on YouTube. And promise future installments. :)

Paul

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
Top 10 Ways to Get the Scientologists to stop calling:

10. Tell them you're in love with a psychiatrist
9. Too busy with the home ECT kit you got for Christmas
8. You keep seeing the letters "PDH" floating in your cereal
7. In a past life you WERE L. Ron Hubbard
6. You prefer to attend via OOB experience
5. Keyed out and waiting for a locksmith
4. Would rather study in the Christian Science reading room
3. BBC TV crew wants to come along
2. Went clear watching OPRAH
1. Already downloaded all the EPs from the internet

Print that on the backside of the Borg's enclosed, pre paid, business reply envelopes and you'd be helping the U.S. Postal Service to boot. :)

Unfortunately they stopped sending me mail about the time they figured out who I was by posting on message boards.

:)

Wisened One

Crusader
Beyond Horizons

ROFLMAO...LOL! I'm gonna use that list, I'm doing it!:)

'Keyed in and waiting for a Locksmith' LOL!

ALL of them are awesome.

THANKS for the laugh, Beyond Horizons!:)

Wisened One
PS: Barky: Me too,I'm TIRED of cowering in FEAR of 'em! Spouse been starting to answer their calls here and there and gets into a yelling match with them...me, haven't gotten the guts yet. :no: Just call me Wimp, still.

tessa

Patron
Hi barky , I was in a similar situation even i had being of lines 15 years. Till 2 years ago before i got on the net i was afraid passing out of the org,even in the bus i would turn my head in the other direction in case someone sees me. When happened to pick the phone i would tell them lying wrong # she is not here. Thanks to the net and to all of you i got empowered . What worked for me was telling them the truth what i believe now.I told them you know guys scieno is all about money ,you do not deliver the goods .scientology is criminal and the whole world knows and go head and dead file me. You know barky in their CFs when i was in they label people who are totally critical ,they marked their files DEAD file and in their lists no more scientologist and i think now they do that in their computer lists. I had one call from England ,one from Toronto ,one from L.A I confonted them in a calm tone throwing at them all the truths, and you know they did not even tried to argue with me.It worked No more phone calls .I got DEAD filed.In my opinion confront them head on is the solution .I was in effect and now in cause no more afraid :yes: It was theraputic to do that and yes yell at them too you will feel so much better,i did that too for all the times i could yell back:omg: Good luck barky :)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
the big question is and remains 'Disconnection'. It's the only practical whip they've got left and they use it. So, scientology business connections; still 'in' family; friends, those are all still waiting to be pulled, and, no matter what, they will be eventually, unless you go for complete compliance.

Once you're ready, both mentally and practically, to deal with that, they have no more hold on you.

Zinj

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Barky,

you are totally right to be careful - for a long long time you have been being manipulated by the cofs - and when we were in we all went along with it. It is very very hard to break that conditioning, someone can keep trying and may just stumble on the one "button" that gets you to start moving back under their control.

If I may make a suggestion? If you have no real reason to go head to head with them right now, then just ignore them. Toss the promo in the garbage and ignore the phone calls. Get on with YOUR life - don't worry about theirs. Disconnect from them, don't "announce" it just quietly do it.

A few more months and their antics and their "tactic" wil not be half as impressive as they look right now.

Update:

So I finally started getting the courage to answer CoS phone calls and give them holy hell.

I know I started this thread months ago, but, honestly, I've been a big pussy about confronting the CoS.

I am horribly ashamed to admit I'm actually afraid to talk to these people. I'm ashamed to admit their little jedi mind tricks have worked on me in the past. I'm heavily embarrassed their little mind-fucks still have an effect on me. Plus I'm afraid one of these malicious bastards will try to ruin my own career or embarrass me in some way like they've done to so many others.

But I'm also afraid of having any affiliation with CoS anymore at all, at all, at all. I'm trying to shift my career, which involves job interviews, etc., and I'm nervous that someone will find out my dark secret: that I was ever involved in this cult of greed, and allowed myself to be scammed out of $30K. Then I'd have to explain why I joined in the first place (low-grade, chronic depression) and that would definitely work against me in the job market.

So, for months I've been getting these calls, and using caller ID to avoid them outright, and rapidly deleting any messages. But then it happened: a copy of "Source" ended up in my mailbox. Oh the horrors of their never-ending stream of junk mail!! I don't want it festering in there, that's for sure. All these reminders of the greatest failure of my life go straight to the recycle bin, but damn it, I don't want to be reminded of it every week!

So I started answering their little calls, and tearing various forms of new assholes. I'm taking a gradient approach:

1) politely but firmly asking for no more calls or mail, and end comm.
2) harshly asking for no more calls or mail, and end comm.
3) nasty, expletive laced demands to be severed entirely from their little criminal exercise, and end comm.

Of course, it always requires stage 3, because they think they're just soooo right, and that I must be under the influence of SPs to think anything ill of Scn. The CoS views human thought in two categories: if you think Scn is good, then you are an intelligent, thoughtful, "independent" (purposely in quotes because of the irony), thetan, but if you think Scn is bad, you are under the influence of SPs and not looking at things clearly. That is such an incredibly insulting viewpoint ... but I digress.

My handling of these calls depend on my strength of will at the time. Got a call yesterday, I think it was Flag, and just didn't have the heart to take it, so they ate voice mail. Will have to get them another day.

For those of you not in the know, there are about half a dozen different organizations initiating these calls, including Flag, Bridge, the two orgs I attended, someone who just says "L.A.", plus FSMs. Because they don't talk to each other worth a sh*t, I have to do this with each of them, in turn, and will probably have to do another round of calls initiated by me outbound to get my name out of their addresso.

This all sucks. I don't want to do battle with these @ssholes, I just want to put the whole ruddy mess behind me (I thought I already had until Davie went on his bookselling binge and my old FSM, an individual I thought I could trust, betrayed my location to them, I'm sure yellowpages.com did the rest).

------------------------

To the newbies, those who never were in and don't understand, you're looking squarely at a "former" who reacts to Scn out of fear. I know I'm not the only one. Out of the thousands who filtered through Scn only to leave, only a small number are active critics. The rest cower in fear from a relentless and malicious organization intent on "parishioner" destruction one way or another. In or out, they will ruin you. This is the type of "church" they are.