What's new

"The Scientology Cure" on Investigation Discovery channel tonight 8pm central

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Just noticed that this is on tonight (Sat). Hope I'm not being redundant!

It's just great seeing all this entheta on such a large stage.

Tickee Tockee.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Good find! :thumbsup:

This show originally aired back in 2014. Here's a post Tony O did on it back at that time:

A Scientology death will be examined Wednesday night on the ID network

Several months ago, your proprietor was asked to take part in a television program about the 2003 death of Elli Perkins which will be airing for the first time next week.

Perkins was a Scientologist in the Buffalo area who was killed by her son, Jeremy, in a vicious knife attack. Jeremy was subsequently judged seriously mentally ill and was institutionalized. From the beginning, there were questions about Elli’s involvement in Scientology playing a part in her decision not to seek psychiatric care for her son, a decision that proved fatal for her.

An excellent 2005 series by Buffalo News reporter Mark Sommer is essential reading for anyone who wants to learn about Elli’s life and death.

In 2006, the CBS show 48 Hours also did a top-notch hour-long presentation about Scientology and about Elli’s death. It was produced by Miguel Sancho, who today works at ABC with reporter Dan Harris.

Also in 2006, this ad ran in LA Weekly, and we still find it rather provocative…

<SNIP>
Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2014/07/17/a-...be-examined-wednesday-night-on-the-id-network/

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
I just weatched both episodes (which I recordered off of OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) of "A Student's Descent" and "The Scientology Cure". Both of these were excellent documentaries which until today I didn't know existed in addition to the Leah Remini documentaries. Does anybody know if there are any other OWN episodes I have missed or when another may be aired soon? Thank you:)