What's new

Identifying people in old pictures

Some pictures from an old book on LRH the CoS pushed out of its ass in the 90s were recently posted to Why We Protest.

The poster was wondering if anyone could identify people in the following pictures. I'm curious as well, since I'm noticing a few familiar faces.

saw45u.jpg

ml5ieq.jpg

Mystic

Crusader
In the top pic, the person at the upper left is Ken Barrett. He is also in the bottom pic, first person on left not the con man.

Oh, the guy getting married is Dick Steves. I think his wife's name was Alma.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ron looked nuts even then (in the first pic) in the second pic he looks like the host of a fifties quiz show, in the third pic he has a much bigger head than the others.

Wisened One

Crusader
lol, your post said pics from the 90's. I've seen some of those before, don't know who any of them are tho, sorry! Before my time. (in this body, anyway).

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some pictures from an old book on LRH the CoS pushed out of its ass in the 90s were recently posted to Why We Protest.

The poster was wondering if anyone could identify people in the following pictures. I'm curious as well, since I'm noticing a few familiar faces.

saw45u.jpg

This photo above was probably taken inside the Phoenix, Arizona HASI office. The lady on LRH's left looks like the same lady as the one on the right next to the man with the crutch in this photo taken outside the office:
lrh2_banner_zoom-jpg.198812

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
One of them is E[xxx] G. R[xxx], Jr. who wrote THIS letter to The Spotlight Newspaper in 1993

The older guy behind Ron Hubbard should be John Galusha

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
One of them is E[xxx] G. R[xxx], Jr. who wrote THIS letter to The Spotlight Newspaper in 1993

The older guy behind Ron Hubbard should be John Galusha
That's a long and very interesting letter. This quote in it caught my attention:

"A friend of ours whose back was completely ankylosed into a question mark, so that he had to walk with two canes, after fifteen hours with my father straightened up and went back to leading a dance band. "

I wonder if it could be the man with the cane on the right side of this photo? I found this version of the photo on a French Scientology site about 2 years ago. Until seeing it, all other versions of the photo I had seen had the man with the cane/crutch shooped out:

8466609122_c5614e20fe_c.jpg

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
That's a long and very interesting letter. This quote in it caught my attention:

"A friend of ours whose back was completely ankylosed into a question mark, so that he had to walk with two canes, after fifteen hours with my father straightened up and went back to leading a dance band. "

I wonder if it could be the man with the cane on the right side of this photo? I found this version of the photo on a French Scientology site about 2 years ago. Until seeing it all other versions of the photo I had seen had the man with the cane shooped out:

He may have been removed simply because he is a downstat cripple, a DB not worthy of touching Hubb's robe hem. Disability has to be removed from history. The same picture in 200 years time will be of entirely gorgeous young people.

Also I wonder when the writing on the window was added, it's yellowish and the whites in the rest of the picture have no yellow in them at all.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
He may have been removed simply because he is a downstat cripple, a DB not worthy of touching Hubb's robe hem. Disability has to be removed from history. The same picture in 200 years time will be of entirely gorgeous young people.

That would be my first guess but I would like to know for sure why the shooping was done and when. If you look closely at the 2 photos you will notice this: The head of the man behind the man with the crutch replaces him but with the body of the man standing on the far left of the frame. His distinctive sweater has been changed to a v necked shirt on the shooped man but the pants, belt and Eisenhower WWII jacket are the same (just darker).

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
That would be my first guess but I would like to know for sure why the shooping was done and when. If you look closely at the 2 photos you will notice this: The head of the man behind the man with the cane replaces him but with the body of the man standing on the far left of the frame. His distinctive sweater has been changed to a v necked shirt on the shooped man but the pants and Eisenhower WWII jacket are the same (just darker).

In the first pic, the old guy in back is Evans Farber ( Sr). The other pic, the fella in the loud sweater is Don Breeding ( 99% sure it's the Sex Offender himself).

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Also I wonder when the writing on the window was added, it's yellowish and the whites in the rest of the picture have no yellow in them at all.

Good finds!

The Celebrity Center has been using another version of that same photo, apparently to attract actors.

There is a pretty obvious shoop that places someone looking remarkably like Clark Gable in the shot (to the right of the window), but the alignment of his tie and lower body don't look exactly right. Does anyone else see that or am I going all tin foil?

I am going to continue studying this photo because there may be more shoops that will show up.

c5ac73dc-764d-438d-be06-447183c43572_zps987b0f58.png

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good finds!

The Celebrity Center has been using another version of that same photo, apparently to attract actors.

There is a pretty obvious shoop that places someone looking remarkably like Clark Gable in the shot (to the right of the window), but the alignment of his tie and lower body don't look exactly right. Does anyone else see that or am I going all tin foil?

I am going to continue studying this photo because there may be more shoops that will show up.

c5ac73dc-764d-438d-be06-447183c43572_zps987b0f58.png

No, no, I also see what you are referring to - there's definitely a Clark Gable look-alike near the window. :wink2:

Also there is a lass just below him who seems to be having a spot of bother with her frock. Perhaps the wind caught her hemline - or is that how defrocking used to be done? She doesn't look the slightest bit bitter to me. :eyeroll:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
No, no, I also see what you are referring to - there's definitely a Clark Gable look-alike near the window. :wink2:

Also there is a lass just below him who seems to be having a spot of bother with her frock. Perhaps the wind caught her hemline - or is that how defrocking used to be done? She doesn't look the slightest bit bitter to me. :eyeroll:

lololololololololol

By far the best laugh of the day! thankssssssssss!

ps: I am using spectroscopic analysis on another person in that photo. I believe it may be yet another shooped imposter! I don't believe that they were ever actually enrolled in Ron's Academy and they certainly never attained the certifications being awarded at that time called "Dean of Dianetics".

Leland

Crusader
The shoops are funny! LOL.....but .....

There is another aspect of this photo that strikes me. There are no young people in it....no "kids"

Many of us got in at a young age. Many before becoming legal adults...

Hubtard....being Hubtard....must have decided to shift gears....after the failure of Dianetics...and going bankrupt.....and looked around for whom to "body route.." into his cult structure....and came up with younger people as a "good business model.." so to speak.

Recruiting around colleges...and such...

Then later....turned to Celebrities..

Then later....turned to Dentists and Chiropractors...

Then later ....turned to Business people....?

Then to " second generation..."

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader

I wonder if it could be the man with the cane on the right side of this photo? I found this version of the photo on a French Scientology site about 2 years ago. Until seeing it, all other versions of the photo I had seen had the man with the cane/crutch shooped out:

I wonder who the guy is that is shooped in by the Cult.....to replace the cripple???? He's one of the youngest looking people in the photo.