What's new

Police Raid Church of Scientology in Turin, Italy

Maria Pia Gardini writes a book about Scn. She gets harassed by Scn. Scn. has a raid done on them and embarrassing information is found. I wonder is Ms. Gardini has had some influence on a raid. She seems like a well known lady with lots of friends. If she has, God bless her and all the best to her.

Maria Pia Gardini and/or her book is not involved in any form in this raid.
The whistleblowers aren't even in contact with her or know her, as far as I know. In Italy there are peolpe who really WORK hard to let the truth about Scientology known, and people who don't. Sorry you seem to know just the latest I said.:no:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I have see just such files in Anzo,
that was before they moved to Dundas,
but I have seen then and even added to them.

They have these files in Italy, and this ESMB poster is saying that they have them in ANZO - half a world away.

Do you think they have them in the US, then?

I wonder what Mike Rinder has to say about all this. Maybe the BBC should ask him, since Mike only talks to the BBC exclusively now. And writes about what a meanie David Miscavige is.

Doom

Lurking.
They have these files in Italy, and this ESMB poster is saying that they have them in ANZO - half a world away.

Do you think they have them in the US, then?

I wonder what Mike Rinder has to say about all this. Maybe the BBC should ask him, since Mike only talks to the BBC exclusively now. And writes about what a meanie David Miscavige is.

And just in case Mike has forgotten, his "mate" Bunz tried to torpedo the inquiry over here in ANZO. We dont forget.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who gives the order for a file?

"Everything that gets done at the Turin Church of Scientology is translated, discussed and examined in advance in the United States. It is an enormous pyramidal structure. The heads in Turin talk with America, then they act accordingly. There is a telex line that connects all the organizations in the world. The founder of Scientology is very clear. Anyone who attacks the church has crimes. He says: "Find the crimes and expose them." This is what we've always done. Over a period of six years, I saw at least 15 confidential files be commissioned.

Whoah! Dude!

Implicate the Church in the United States why don't you!

Awesome indeed!

Bravo!

YEE HAH!!

Rd00

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Raid report, La Stampa, May 19, 2010

More from La Stampa, May 20, 2010, thanks to the Allarme Scientology website, which has the text of the articles that are otherwise available only by subscription to La Stampa.

Maxi sequestro di dossier alla chiesa di Scientology di Torino, 20 maggio 2010

Photo caption:
Computers, documents, and archive folders were seized, including personal files on Scientology followers.

Scientology: A nine-hour raid

by Massimo Numa

May 20, 2010

Investigators of the Turin mobile squad arrived at 8:15 yesterday morning at the gate of the Church of Scientology, equipped with a search warrant from the prosecutor's office. One of the suspected offenses is a violation of Article 100 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, which concerns the protection and treatment of sensitive data, such as sexual, political, and health-related information. The focus is the way in which data from "students" or followers is acquired and, in particular, preserved in three archives located on the first floor and in the basement of the former recording studio. When the raid ended late in the afternoon, mum was the word. The special police unit leader of the mobile squad remained silent while his men calmly loaded the seized materials into small cars. Two trunks were completely filled. They took computers, some personal files, a mountain of documents, all still top secret.

Former members of Scientology's "secret police", Dep20 (Department 20), told police what they know and had described the location of the office used by the "investigators" in the basement, which is always protected by a locked door. Their accounts proved to be accurate and reliable. Inside, scattered on desks and shelves, were files dedicated to the "enemies of Scientology", so-called suppressive persons. Magistrates, policemen, journalists, relatives of former supporters who fought to extricate their loved ones (and their money) from the Church founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

It is not known what is in the documents and files filled with sensitive data which, in theory, is highly confidential and therefore can not be distributed outside for any reason. But this is only in theory, because "ministers", many more than one, have free access to the folders that are kept in the archive and divided into dossiers. The files contain hand-written A4 sheets full of mysterious-looking acronyms. In particular, the documents record results of sessions with an e-meter, a tool which, in theory, through an electrical circuit connected to two metallic conductors, reveals the spiritual state of "patients" subjected to the so-called auditing. The operator, who has no medical qualifications, interprets the movements of the needle and decides whether or not true answers were given to questions that are often very probing and mostly concentrated on sex. The sheets are filled with acronyms such as DN, Dirty Needle, which means that the needle trembles imperceptibly, though it is almost motionless. FN, Floating Needle, means that the needle moves freely and is clearly a sign that the examination is running smoothly. If the needle does not move, this means that the subject is not cooperating, is resisting, or that there are environmental factors hampering the process, for example cold temperature. The e-meter costs over 4,000 euros for the public, but for the staff there is a small discount. The definition of this machine, whose components cost a few tens of euros individually, is one of the arguments cited by Scientology. They say that the Court of Cassation, in a series of rulings, called it a "religious instrument" and not a machine of a medical nature. Another acronym describes a person's attempt to give the examiner useless, misleading answers with respect to the subject of the test. Each file can contain anywhere from a few pages to dozens of pages. The files on the "enemies" are of the most interest. They may contain legal papers that have been obtained illegally, newspaper articles, observations obtained by stalking, or reports of interrogations. Journalists are among the targets. Men and women.

Before proceeding with this very long raid, the investigators waited for the Scientology officials, who were rather nervous, to summon a trusted lawyer. Everything unfolded in an atmosphere that was generally calm.

Last edited:

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Interesting Point

Probably they'll convert them to digital format and just add them to the files they already have on us. :nervous:

My current processor, who never considered themselves a Scientologist in spite of being with LRH on the Apollo,
will not even put anything seriously negative in the case folder notes.

There is a person who thinks for themselves.

Last edited:
More from La Stampa, May 20, 2010, thanks to the Allarme Scientology website, which has the text of the articles that are otherwise available only by subscription to La Stampa.

Maxi sequestro di dossier alla chiesa di Scientology di Torino, 20 maggio 2010

Thanks a lot for your translation, I have uploaded a new article from La Stampa

http://xenu.com-it.net/txt/torino_2010.htm#a6

The police found about 300 files on enemies. If the case goes on, the people involved could start a civil case against the church. I'm waiting to know if they had a file on me as well, as I caused some "problems" to Turin org.

The funny thing is that the person interviewed by La Stampa today, Mr. Poma, got an official letter from the Turin DSA stating that his folders had been destroyed as demanded. But... they were discovered during the raid. :happydance:

This alone can cause some problems to the church and its overall credibility, especially in view of an official recognition as a religion in my country.

Mr. Poma was quite a Scientology's opinion leader and a VIP when I firstly met him in 2005, and I think much of the problems he had with the church, his SP declare included, is due to the fact that he refused to disconnect from me. Scn Italy doesn't particularly appreciate my website :bigcry:
www.allarmescientology.it

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sounds like the secret files were on pcs. I wouldn't have guessed that there'd be a lot of Italian VIP pcs in CofS, given its bad rep.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You don't harass a Catholic nun in Italy. Really bad idea. Major foot-bullet.

A bigger foot-bullet is having it be revealed that you are collecting blackmail material on public officials.

True! That's like a nuclear-tipped foot-bullet! :yes:

A-non-non-anon

Patron with Honors
The funny thing is that the person interviewed by La Stampa today, Mr. Poma, got an official letter from the Turin DSA stating that his folders had been destroyed as demanded. But... they were discovered during the raid. :happydance:

This alone can cause some problems to the church and its overall credibility, especially in view of an official recognition as a religion in my country.

What? You mean Scientology *lied* to somebody? Surely not!

Seriously, though, nothing beats concrete evidence of criminal lies... Except concrete evidence of multiple criminal lies!

Hope the Turin police have a Fair Game-proof evidence lockup...

Chess

Patron with Honors
What happens when the government gets our own personal
"confidential" confessional files ?

Yeah, something to think about, but not really - it was all written by another, often many, many others - you didn't sign your auditor's worksheets in front of witnesses did you? To quote, do what Scn always does when it's cornered - lie. Tell 'em it's a load of horse shit interpreted to discredit you by a bunch of easily proven greedy blackmailing whackos.
How in the world would someone's PC or ethics folder stand up in a court of law. Surely any lawyer worth his salt would supena the auditor or EO to swear on a stack on Auditor's Codes and cross examine them on what was written - "were you actually there when my client kicked the cat as you so stated in writing, 12 years 6 mths & 8 days ago? The credibility of the Co$ has been flushed down the drain quite effectively some time ago.
Just what sort of weight would data from a $cn confessional have in a wog court of law? The dirty tricks of using PC data rests solely on its restimualtive effects of scandal.
Surely libel suits and slander will be ripe for the picking as to where the actual source of data comes from = it was written by another, ordered by another (C/S) and for what purpose? It would quickly get very messy. This is all my opinion but I'd reckon people like TC & Johnny boy would be the first to pioneer the legal precedent that data in the hands of $cn will become inadmissible in a court of law or made public for fear of libel when the great house of cards tumbles down with its mgn members facing criminal investigation/charges.
The tide has changed & the Church is tied to a very short anchor line.
Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.
Don't worry about your PC data, don't give 'em that hold on you.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
i havent seen it mentioned yet - forgive me if i missed it... but what class of org was Turin? anybody know? Please oh please tell me it was the eyetalian equivalent of flag or advanced org?

Mystic

Crusader
Oh the nice Raiders of the Dying Church also carried off computers. I like that!

It is a criminal activity to not attack the church of hubbardfaggOTry.

i havent seen it mentioned yet - forgive me if i missed it... but what class of org was Turin? anybody know? Please oh please tell me it was the eyetalian equivalent of flag or advanced org?

Class V. They purchased a huuuuge decaying property in 2006, to be turned into an Ideal Org. No news since then.

As far as I know, in the past few years there was a rush of staffers, exec people. Turin org has a reputation of being very strict, much more than Milan.

Class V. They purchased a huuuuge decaying property in 2006, to be turned into an Ideal Org. No news since then.

As far as I know, in the past few years there was a rush of staffers, exec people. Turin org has a reputation of being very strict, much more than Milan.

BTW, the two biggest orgs in Italy are Milan and Padua. Turin is one of the biggest cities in Italy and the most industrialized after Milan, and the Turin Org should cover quite a piece of very industrial land, Piedmont, Liguria (Genoa) and Val d'Aosta. But actually the org itself is small.
The big police investigation of the '80s (the trial ended in 2000 with the acquittal of the remaining 40 or so execs, who were indicted for criminal association) centered on the activities of Milan an Turin orgs.