What's new

TomKat Divorce

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is an article that I very much hope is accurate. If the body language on the other thread is any indication, I think it is. :)

http://www.ahlanlive.com/27640-tomkat-separated

Crest - Smile & Win
Have TomKat separated?
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

Katie dumps bully Tom and his sciento beliefs
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise
picture: WENN.com

* Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

Following years of speculation sources have confirmed that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are filing for divorce, citing his Scientology beliefs and bullying as the main reasons.

The couple were forced to announce their split after news of their separation was leaked on Tweeter by a reputable showbiz source who revealed, “Rumours spreading among the M:I:4 production office that Cruise will be single very soon.”

Sources claim the couple, who’ve been married for four years, are finally ending their relationship after Katie insisted she wouldn’t allow Tom to bully her anymore and refused to be ruled by his scientology beliefs.

“Katie says he’s not the man she married,” spilled a pal. “He’s a control freak and she can’t cope with his behaviour anymore. He has stopped her from living the life she wanted.” Adding, “And while she put up with that she couldn’t accept him doing the same to daughter Suri. That’s when she decided enough was enough.”

‘You Won’t Control Suri’
Katie’s desperate to escape the clutches of Scientology and is increasingly worried about the effects the lifestyle may have on Suri who she heavily relies on for comfort, something Tom condones. “According to Scientology belief you shouldn’t smother your children with attention,” revealed a source. “Katie is furious by this idea and refuses to listen. She hates how Tom is turning their child into a recluse.” Renowned for not having any friends Katie recently invited a small group of young girls to join Suri on a playdate aboard a crusie ship. “She wants Suri to be popular. She doesn’t want her to feel lonely like she does. And she certainly doesn’t want her adopting her dad’s Sciento beliefs,” insisted a pal.

Ex wife Nicole Kidman divorced Tom in 2001 for the same reason. “She didn’t like him forcing his strange beliefs on their adopted kids, Connor and Isabella,” spilled a source. “She also hated how he ruled her life.”

Katie Wants Control
“Tom is renowned for being in control in that relationship,” spilled an insider. “Katie thought marrying him would help launch her career, but after Suri was born Tom demanded she focused on being a mum.” Adding, “Katie was forced to take roles that wouldn’t keep her away from home for too long while Tom was constantly jetting off to various destinations for major blockbuster movies.”

“Katie feels Tom’s suffocating her,” insisted a pal. “The split is the best thing for her. It offers a new lease of life.”

Sources say, on hearing about Katie’s plans to divorce, Tom demanded the 32-year-old flew over to Vancouver where he was filming. Yet, it wasn’t to reconcile but put on a publciity stunt to throw off the press. “Tom likes to control what the press see. He’s actually quite smart when it comes to fooling them,” spilled a source.

He later flew Katie to New York to celebrate her 32nd birthday. Yet, while the couple tried to put on a front, the actress looked severely depressed. “Her face said it all,” insisted a source. “Though they were together she walked ahead on her own. She didn’t want to be near him. She can’t stand him anymore.” Adding, “She’s given up. She can’t fake it. The constant pretence is taking its toll.”
“The spilt will be immediate,” added a pal. “Katie will spend Christmas at home with her own family where she plans to iron out divorce strategies with her dad who’s a divorce lawyer.”

Fresh Start Like Nicole
Taking control of her life again, Katie has accepted an offer to return to Broadway. “This is a big dig at Tom,” revealed a source. “It’s a major role that jealous Tom wouldn’t have allowed.” Adding, “She’s getting extra helpers to look after Suri and is starting a new life. She’s seen how successful Nicole has done without Tom and she wants that too.

And, with the star taking on a new role in the drama Extremities, in which she plays a woman who tranforms from a victim to the tormentor, it seems life could be imitating art...

Sleazy Husbands' Club
The news of Tomkat’s separation comes hot on the heels of news of Tom Cruise and David Beckham’s illicit secret boys club, which the wives are banned from.

As club members, the Hollywood hotties are regularly cruising around LA late at night – and we all know what happened when Hugh Grant was caught doing that!

Victoria, who originally encouraged David’s friendship with Tom, now fears the newly singleton may become a bad influence on her man. “David has become far more dominant in the relationship since hanging out with Tom,” spilled a member of the Beckham entourage. “Victoria wants David to spend less time with Tom, but David is insisting he needs less time from her.”

Far from cruising for women, the men apparently claimed the club is just a way for them to spend time on their motorbikes away from the prying lights of the paparazzi, but Vic feels desperately insecure about her hubby cavorting around late-night LA’s sleazy underbelly, particularly with Beck’s track record. “David has been distancing himself from Victoria for quite some time. She is never seen out with him and the boys anymore,” insisted an insider. “Tom has given David advice on how not to be controlled by his wife and finally it seems the footballer has the upper hand.” But could the boys new covert club be the final straw for dominant Vic?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
illicit secret boys club?

The idea of these dweebs trundling around in tight, form fitting leathers in their all-male secret club makes me wonder if they now feel free to enlist in the military?

the idea of these vertically challenged little boys led (presumably) by little boy supremo DM (?) totally cracks me up. Hope they run into some real bikers.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Congratulations to Katie and Suri!!
Oppression does not rule!
I do hope this is true!!

Her dad is a divorce lawyer!!:happydance:

Ummm....maybe Tom will begin to think it really is him.:unsure:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Congratulations to Katie and Suri!!
Oppression does not rule!
I do hope this is true!!

Her dad is a divorce lawyer!!:happydance:

Ummm....maybe Tom will begin to think it really is him.:unsure:

Lol, Oooooh no ... it's never them.

When the inevitable eventuates (and it will, one day) I expect him to just give her the standard scio "I'm in full control here" flick and move on, but his next target will be very, very wary I would imagine.

:yes:

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Me too, hope it's true. So close to Christmas is really ridiculous, though, unless this is just the first in the long list of declarations. Though I don't recall a bunch of speculation before the Nicole and Tom split. Not that I was looking.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh God

Never thought I'd think of divorce as a good thing, but this is great news - I only hope it is true. You go, Katie - and take Suri with you. :thumbsup:
Let those boys play with themselves - each other. You don't need no stinkin' scno/co$. Let that one play itself out too . . .

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
I'm glad that Katie is opening her eyes and walking away! Like him okay as an actor. Not a big fan of the ecclesiastical supreme rulers right hand man.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Except that he IS the husband she married. He was like that from the beginning from everything I've read. In fact, didn't BFG say that the marriage was arranged? She's nothing but a beard for this guy.

I'm not saying don't dump him or that she's wrong, but the statement that he's not the man she married rings hollow.

Wisened One

Crusader
I also hope this turns out to be true, for Katie and Suri's sake! :yes:

And....I don't remember all what Child Dianetics, etc said regarding not lavishing attention on the child...(not spoiling the child). Can someone point that out again for me, please?

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
"The couple were forced to announce their split after news of their separation was leaked on Tweeter by a reputable showbiz source"

I stopped after that. Must be a slow news day.