What's new

Rock Center Narconon Deaths Report 16th August

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I would have liked to have seen a lot more factual details in the investigative journalism, but there is no arguing that the Co$ and NN came across as frauds.

I don't follow a lot of TV news, so I really don't know what more to expect from Rock Center. They gave highlights and left a lot of questions, but that was true for all of their stories.

I hope this is the tip of the iceburg as far as investigation goes.

The iceberg has done hit the Titanic already. . .

DAD
Timmy, we are sending you to Narconon.

TIMMY
But Dad I heard bad things about them.

DAD
Timmy, they have a 75% success rate.

TIMMY
But I heard really bad things.

MOM
And only 4 people have died there recently!

TIMMY
Jeez. Maybe I am being too critical.
That sounds great, when can I go?​

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wonder if Dr. David Root is a Scientologist.

I also wonder how much fsm commision the graduates get for recruiting others to the Narconon program. Anybody know?

A direct referral to NN = up to 10% ($3,000)

A referral to a Reg at NN who closes the Reach = up to 5% ($1,500)

Much of this is done through Fake Referral websites that don't mention NN,
but have a bed available NOW!

I was a Reg at NN TR for a short time -

FoTi

Crusader
Neither he or his wife, Mary, are Scientologists. He owns a number of medical clinics throughout the Sacramento, CA area.

If he has clinics in the Sacramento area, how can he be Narconon's doctor in Oklahoma?

Re: Reminder: Watch NBC @10:00pm TONIGHT-Rock Center w/Brian Williams-Narconon EXPOSE

May we have a thread combo please?

Can I get fries with that? :biggrin:

Seriously now, a hearty "well done" to the reporters! :thumbsup: Every single facility needs to be shut down, for public safety.

I irks me that they call their in-patients "students", instead of patients. Anybody going through drug or alcohol withdrawal and re-hab needs careful, sometimes very close medical supervision.

My heart goes out to the families of those who died. I hope they sue, sue, sue COS for redress in wrongful death cases.

Any decent licensed rehab counselors wouldn't touch this voodoo treatment with a ten foot pole.

The staff passing out drugs to the patients in exchange for sexual favors needs to be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! :no: That is just depraved.

And since when do Scientologists pray? To whom would they pray? There is no God in Scientology! :grouch:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
"You know Tony, my husband, 35 years clean, I think you know Robert Hernandez and Bobbie Wiggins, Patty Schwartz, all NN graduates all clean for decades"

Ugh! I recruited both Bobby Wiggins and Patty O'Neill Schwartz into Scn via Narconon Connecticut. My heart aches that I did it and that they are both still in.

For me... This is why.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Reminder: Watch NBC @10:00pm TONIGHT-Rock Center w/Brian Williams-Narconon EXPOSE

Seriously now, a hearty "well done" to the reporters! :thumbsup: Every single facility needs to be shut down, for public safety.

I irks me that they call their in-patients "students", instead of patients. Anybody going through drug or alcohol withdrawal and re-hab needs careful, sometimes very close medical supervision.

My heart goes out to the families of those who died. I hope they sue, sue, sue COS for redress in wrongful death cases.

Any decent licensed rehab counselors wouldn't touch this voodoo treatment with a ten foot pole.

The staff passing out drugs to the patients in exchange for sexual favors needs to be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! :no: That is just depraved.

And since when do Scientologists pray? To whom would they pray? There is no God in Scientology! :grouch:

I didn't see this show but I can comment on the above bolded.

In the 1970's in NN Vancouver, it was staffed primarily by ex druggies who had done the program. Kinda bottom of the barrel recruitment, and it showed in the way the place was run.

They had a prison program going on in which they ran the TR's course in both the men's and women's prison. At one point the supervisor of the women's course was smuggling drugs into the prison.

There was also a death there. Someone on withdrawals was sleeping in a bed next to a heater in an upstairs room. The heater set the bedclothes on fire.

Blues Mama

Patron
If he has clinics in the Sacramento area, how can he be Narconon's doctor in Oklahoma?

That's the point - he isn't! He is not a doctor on staff there, and he is the only doctor anywhere that can be quoted as supportive of Narconon and its quackery. Anywhere, any time that a 'contrasting' opinion is needed to 'balance' the overwhelming empirical evidence that Narconon's approach is completely batsh** crazy, old reliable Dr. Root is there to assert with a straight face that megadoses of niacin can 'flush the toxins' out of fat cells, and that drug residue lives in those fat cells for years.

Needless to say, his field of expertise is NOT addiction, nor does he treat addicts. His field is workplace health.

He can also be relied upon to give £Ron major props as the creator of the program.

Who you gonna call?

ethercat

Cat in flight
A direct referral to NN = up to 10% ($3,000)

A referral to a Reg at NN who closes the Reach = up to 5% ($1,500)

Much of this is done through Fake Referral websites that don't mention NN,
but have a bed available NOW!

I was a Reg at NN TR for a short time -

We have a poster on Tipping Point who states:
"Yes, beyond hotlines and referral websites are the Field Staff Members. When I went through the program at Sunshine Summit, the way I understood things, the Field Staff "hat" had once been optional for students but had been made a requirement for all students prior to graduation."

Then: "Narconon graduates, most of whom will relapse, at home among their drug abusing friends and family, with the motivation of what appears to be a fairly quick way to make a big check. I imagine that word gets around."

more of this post: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11250.msg24924.html#msg24924

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
This (not verbatim) final comment made by Harry Smith is going to shock many viewers 'people that google drug rehab will get a lot sites with a lot of 1800 numbers and if they ring they will probably be connected to a recent narconon graduate ... and if the graduate succeeds in getting the person onto the narconon program, they will receive a commission' ... that is beyond tacky.

:whistling:

Lone Star

Crusader
This (not verbatim) final comment made by Harry Smith is going to shock many viewers 'people that google drug rehab will get a lot sites with a lot of 1800 numbers and if they ring they will probably be connected to a recent narconon graduate ... and if the graduate succeeds in getting the person onto the narconon program, they will receive a commission' ... that is beyond tacky.

:whistling:

Yes I am so glad he said that. It ended the show on a very damning note.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

I think we have a mu. They don't "pray" but rather they "prey". Obviously, there was a typeo in the letter, and since Brian Williams is new to the critic scene he didn't catch it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

The treatment is Sauna 5 hours a day for weeks and weeks. High doses of Niacin and mega vitamins.

Its like the Purif on steroids.

Isn't that the normal Purif? (Serious question.)

Paul

phenomanon

Canyon

Paul

Yup.
I audited for Narconon LA for a short time. The filth in their Org turned me off. I couldn't audit with cockroaches scurrying across my meter and paperwork.
They do the Scn "Bridge" at Narconon. More humiliation for those who are already self-humiliating.

phenomanon

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

In order to get at the Cof$ thru a NarcoNut lawsuit, the NarcoNut corporate veil would have to be pierced. NarcoNut is a separate entity as far as the world of legal fictions go. Usually, in order to pierce a corporate veil, there needs to be evidence of something like co-mingling of funds. For instance ... you run a plumbing business, and, in order to insulate yourself from liabilities, you form Whackjob Plumbing. As far as the system goes, Whackjob Plumbing is a person separate from Joe the plumber who formed it. BUT ... if Joe uses the WhackJob Plumbing corporate expense account to, say, buy his daughter a car for her highschool graduation present ... and if this were to become known to a client of WhackJob Plumbing who now has a flooded basement due to a mistake that Joe made on the job, Joe the Plumber is now screwed because of the co-mingling of funds. In otherwords, WhackJob is no longer a separate person from Joe and therefore Joe can be held personally liable, not just the corporate entity WhackJob Plumbing.

It's not just co-mingling of funds, either. If you were to find the right reference book within the subject matter of corporation law, you would probably find a long list of things that compromise the corporate veil ... HOWEVER ... I seriously doubt that membership in some religious fraternal order would be included, and that is what the Sea Org is, at least on paper. Now we all know what the real deal is ... NarcoNut is a front for the Cof$, is used for recruiting, has stats that are counted by the upper management of the Cof$, etc. But don't think for a moment that all of these things haven't been reviewed by Cof$ high priced legal help and approved.

In addition to NarcoNut being legally separate from the Cof$, it goes further ... the OK facility is probably a corporate entity unto itself, and, even a highly successful legal attack on it would not bring down the rest of the network. Yes, there would be a shitload of bad PR, true enough. But here is how it will probably go down ... the law team will use every possible delaying tactic, and, about the time that these tragic deaths are out of the public eye, there will be a quiet settlement with lots of gag orders as part of the deal. Hopefully, the Cof$ will go belly up in the meantime.

Pete

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Radar: Scientology Followers Told To Protest NBC 'Rock Center' Report On Narconon

Radar Online: Scientology Followers Told To Protest NBC 'Rock Center' Report On Narconon

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-told-protest-nbc-rock-center-narconon-report

Excerpt:
According to the e-mail, which was published on Marty Rathbun, a former high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology, "Narconon is about to get a big attack on NBC news tonight. Same old crap, we¹ve survived it before and will again but your help is needed. This is of course a Scientology attack as well. We got instructions from up the line to have everyone call in and complain about this one sided biased show and say that they personally know people whose lives have been saved by NN. So you are not going to lie because you do know people who did the Narconon program. But you are pissed that they would portray a program that helps people every day and staff who bust their ass working 12-16 hours days to save people¹s lives in such a bad light."

Recipients of the e-mail were asked to "Now comes your part, we need you to call the station and leave a message for the producer. Anna (REDACTED). It is getting harder and harder to reach her (email full, voice mail full) so that is why I need someone like you, tone 40 who won't back off by a couple of barriers. You call 212-(REDACTED) ask for Rock Center (that is her show), you want to talk to Anna, she won't be there, you want to talk to her secretary, you do not want to leave a comment in the general mail box, you want to talk to someone in her office or talk to her personally. Don¹t use Scientology lingo. Leave a message and let me know when done."

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

I was wondering that too. It certainly sounds that way, but there are two things I'm wondering.

1. I thought with Purif there was some flexibility in scheduling. Like if you don't have 5 hrs/day you can do more days in a row for fewer hours. Or is that deference only for celebs?

2. What is the EP for Purif? When I heard that people were seeing LRH and he was talking to them as the ep, that was when I realized it was a cult and I took off. Sit in a sauna until I hallucinate I'm talking to a dead cult leader? Um, no!