What's new

xhsol

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I'd just like to say thank you to all who submitted 'likes' etc. re. this thread yesterday. I posted the main article last Sunday and there was a deafening silence for the next 24 hours and I went to bed the night before last thinking to myself 'Why did you post it? Nobody is interested in reading your crummy story'.

Then yesterday afternoon things went completely insane. Over a period of about 4/5 hours I received a torrent of 'thanks' and 'likes'. Every time I went to the top of a page there were another half a dozen new notifications.

I've now had my brief fifteen minutes of fame here on ESMB and it won't be repeated since I have told my story and there's not a lot more to come, but it was great while it lasted so thanks again!

Apart from enjoying reading the contributions of certain others here, I will now have to be satisfied with making the odd lame joke or posting an appropriately caustic comment if any 'true believers' come here to try and sell me the Connodore's rubbish philosophy!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Don't be shy on us, please! I am hoping you will have more than a bit to say on some topics... We love stories, especially from the early days. Your experiences are important :yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I'd just like to say thank you to all who submitted 'likes' etc. re. this thread yesterday. I posted the main article last Sunday and there was a deafening silence for the next 24 hours and I went to bed the night before last thinking to myself 'Why did you post it? Nobody is interested in reading your crummy story'.

Then yesterday afternoon things went completely insane. Over a period of about 4/5 hours I received a torrent of 'thanks' and 'likes'. Every time I went to the top of a page there were another half a dozen new notifications.

I've now had my brief fifteen minutes of fame here on ESMB and it won't be repeated since I have told my story and there's not a lot more to come, but it was great while it lasted so thanks again!

Apart from enjoying reading the contributions of certain others here, I will now have to be satisfied with making the odd lame joke or posting an appropriately caustic comment if any 'true believers' come here to try and sell me the Connodore's rubbish philosophy!

I like Connodore!
Don't worry you have a lot to contribute. I have a feeling that you will entertain us with memories for a while yet. I want to hear more about building the castle, work that could have been done by a machine in an hour or two done by many hard working RPFers with months of pain and suffering. What an amazing science/religion!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
25-11-74

MAA RPF <---
Bosun RPF

Commendation
strativarius

strativarius is highly commended for the work he has done on the RPF.

As a c/s he did care very much to deliver the best tech to his fellow RPFers.

He trained the auditors and showed great concern to each of the pc's
cases. During his time as c/s there was high completions and gains
in the RPF.

This is also true when he became Tech I/C.

As MAA he showed up to be a ruthless product officer that got things
done but also did care about the actuality of the products.

All in all he has been a great asset to the RPF as a unit.

Signed: (Can't read his sig and fucked if I can remember his name but it wasn't Dart.)
RPF Bosun

Having received similar complimentary commendations from Mick Parkee and others, I graduated off of the RPF in February 1975. When I got back to HSOL I found that my Clear, HAA, HDA and HDG certs had vanished from my auditing room and I never saw them (and an ancient bonsai Acer (Maple) I'd had for years) again.

Since I was contracted to HSOL and my old lady was working at FOLO UK I then started a tiresome cycle with John Harry W. about getting transferred to Saint Hill, but, in June I think it was, I decided I'd had it with the CofS and, along with my wife, fucked off to Ivybridge in Devon to work for a strange man who owned a manufacturing company near Plymouth. How he, as a Scientologist, managed to employ two blown Sea Org staff members and still remain in good standing I'll never know, but it could be because he, his wife and his entourage were paying hard cash for goods and services from the Church. That's my guess anyway.

My goldenrod was issued in June 1975.

PS: One final note. It probably took about 15 years before I felt fully 'decontaminated', and I've rarely given Scientology a thought since about 1990. Until now. There are some extraordinarily gifted writers here, so posting can be a bit intimidating, but I just post in the hope that anyone reading anything I've written (or supported), who is thinking of getting involved with the CofS, will think again.

S.

You know something? You were probably one of the last people on Earth to get a commendation while on the RPF :biggrin:

strativarius

You know something? You were probably one of the last people on Earth to get a commendation while on the RPF :biggrin:

Well, I haven't got much of the paperwork from those days anymore to refer to, it was stolen (along with a whole lot of other stuff) in a break-in, but when I did the RPF, collecting such commendations were a part of being allowed to graduate. I know things are radically different now.

Even La La Lou Lou (who was on it with me) says he was on it for years after I left. What a nightmare!

strativarius

I like Connodore!
<snip> I want to hear more about building the castle, work that could have been done by a machine in an hour or two done by many hard working RPFers with months of pain and suffering.

I'm always apalled when I see these football fans on TV in the middle of winter in some freezing northern city stripped to the waist waving their shirts, but there I was, December, minus 4 degrees, half-naked while digging those castle foundations and smiling like a fucking Cheshire cat.

Maybe that was what the Connodore called the 'Glee of Insanity'.

Last edited:

strativarius

<snip>I want to hear more about building the castle<snip>

Remind me La La, your memory is so much better than mine and I'm sure there are lots of never-ins out there who would be appalled to learn what went on under the umbrella of 'The Science of Knowing how to Know'.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some staffers I worked with during my time at HSOL:

Geoff Brewer
Peter Buttery
Sue Finer/Loder
Alan & Barbara Gilbertson
Bruce & Anne Glushakow
Ron Hopkins
Paul Humphries
Nicky (thousand-yard-stare) Mendoza
Tom Morgan
Mike Oram
John Parselle
Alan Saint
Chris Speer
Pam Thorne/Hurwitz
John Harry Watson

Geoff Brewer - any relation to Kevin Brewer? I knew Kevin for a time. A Brit who rented a house in town.

strativarius

Geoff Brewer - any relation to Kevin Brewer? I knew Kevin for a time. A Brit who rented a house in town.

I honestly couldn't tell you if Geoff B. was related to Kevin. Geoff was a tall, dark-haired, well-spoken man with a mischevous sense of humour. I really don't know much more about him.

By mischevous I mean that he put his right foot on a chair and then bent down and fiddled with his left foot and told us that that was how an Irishman, Polishman...( name your own nationality) tied his shoelaces. Now I remember him doing that 40 years ago but I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. Ahh, the mind is a funny thing to be sure...

Last edited:

strativarius

I like Connodore!<snip>
Re. (Better late than never I always say.) 'the Connodore'. You may use it La La, I haven't taken a patent out on it so you won't be charged a royalty fee. I've not seen it used before, so at the moment I'm labouring under the delusion that I thought of it first, but I'm sure that can't be the case and that someone will find an earlier use of it and put me straight on that score. I've tried a search, but so far nothing!

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re. (Better late than never I always say.) 'the connodore'. You may use it La La, I haven't taken a patent out on it so you won't be charged a royalty fee. I've not seen it used before, so at the moment I'm labouring under the delusion that I thought of it first, but I'm sure that can't be the case and that someone will find an earlier use of it and put me straight on that score. I've tried a search, but so far nothing!

There s a strong possibility that you coined the word.

Stratty, you've only 14 more posts to go! Then you will be a word coiner and a higher status EX. It is the word coining that impresses me most. I never did like the wide lapels smug grinning pictures of the Connodore. There I even used it in a sentence.

strativarius

I'll send an IOU by PM. No, not David Cameron.
C'mon La La, you don't really think I'd charge an old buddy who stood beside me diggin' those trenches on the RPF a fiver for using a word I made up do ya? Make it a tenner!

(Keep goin' LL, only a few more posts to go! ) :)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
C'mon La La, you don't really think I'd charge an old buddy who stood beside me diggin' those trenches on the RPF a fiver for using a word I made up do ya? Make it a tenner!

(Keep goin' LL, only a few more posts to go! ) :)

I presume the payment will be in skimpy hand rolled salmon and trout. (Got to use loveable cockerney rhyming slang if the subject is London).

strativarius

ok ok ok....

and the answer to the mystery puzzle is.....
Geoff Brewer
Peter Buttery
Sue Finer/Loder
Alan & Barbara Gilbertson
Bruce & Anne Glushakow
Ron Hopkins
Paul Humphries
Nicky (thousand-yard-stare) Mendoza
Tom Morgan
Mike Oram
John Parselle
Alan Saint
Chris Speer
Pam Thorne/Hurwitz
John Harry Watson

Just for the record, as a result of HelluvaHoax!'s post I managed to get in touch with my great friend of old Chris Speer. He told me he'd spent years trying to find me on the Internet, which was quite touching. I didn't join ESMB to hook up with old pals but it's great when it happens!

Last edited: