What's new

Source for what Hubbard called "TOUCH ASSISTS"

gbuck

oxymoron
I'm not completely sure if that is the case. I can't or haven't learnt all the possible techniques let's say. When a question or command is thrown at me and my reaction is confusion, then I don't fall for it. I know I'm confused. I don't need to have an understanding of the techniques to know that I am confused. I know it immediately. At that point I am not confused. Does this make any sense to you?

gbuck

oxymoron
Confusion is not a 'bad' state to be in, it is an honest state if it is recognised. It means that I am questioning, and not running away to find a solution to my confusion. Confusion is a reminder if recognised and lived with.
It needs to given it's rightful place. It's a warning sign.

ps wish I knew that back in the day!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not completely sure if that is the case. I can't or haven't learnt all the possible techniques let's say. When a question or command is thrown at me and my reaction is confusion, then I don't fall for it. I know I'm confused. I don't need to have an understanding of the techniques to know that I am confused. I know it immediately. At that point I am not confused. Does this make any sense to you?

Yes, and.... I was sitting here re-reading my last reply and thought whether I should stress that this (Confusion Technique) is just ONE TECHNIQUE, of many...But when it is encountered, when used as means to relieve you of the contents of your wallet.... the bulk of which you keep in THE BANK, it should not surprise you that may be why he called the Reactive Mind by the term YOUR BANK...

Now, after reading Dianetics, you are convinced that you simply must get rid of your reactive mind, your bank... This is also an example of what could be called Black Dianetics...the use of hypnosis for evil.. for fraud...to steal your money! A few of the early Dianeticists did notice this..and leave.... And here is a letter from one of them:

Excerpt: ""I heard the two tapes, "Black Dianetics I and II" before I left the United States to go to Morocco. Can you imagine my horror and shock on my return to the U.S., to find that these two tapes were the major armamentarium of Scientology? Can you understand how I felt when I realized that the very Mind Control and Brainwashing technology which Hubbard said NO reputable Dianeticist would ever use were the means by which you bastards enslaved people and got them to release large quantities of MONEY? "
"I am afraid that I deep-sixed all of my Scn. publications a long time ago; I only keep Science Fiction I like to re-read."
Full Letter HERE

Last edited:

gbuck

oxymoron
Yes, and.... I was sitting here re-reading my last reply and thought whether I should stress that this (Confusion Technique) is just ONE TECHNIQUE, of many...But when it is encountered, when used as means to relieve you of the contents of your wallet.... the bulk of which you keep in THE BANK, it should not surprise you that may be why he called the Reactive Mind by the term YOUR BANK...

Now, after reading Dianetics, you are convinced that you simply must get rid of your reactive mind, your bank... This is also an example of what could be called Black Dianetics...the use of hypnosis for evil.. for fraud...to steal your money! A few of the early Dianeticists did notice this..and leave.... And here is a letter from one of them:

Excerpt: ""I heard the two tapes, "Black Dianetics I and II" before I left the United States to go to Morocco. Can you imagine my horror and shock on my return to the U.S., to find that these two tapes were the major armamentarium of Scientology? Can you understand how I felt when I realized that the very Mind Control and Brainwashing technology which Hubbard said NO reputable Dianeticist would ever use were the means by which you bastards enslaved people and got them to release large quantities of MONEY? "
"I am afraid that I deep-sixed all of my Scn. publications a long time ago; I only keep Science Fiction I like to re-read."
Full Letter HERE

That looks like too big a meal for tonight I'll read and digest it tomorrow.

Confusion techniques are part and parcel of society today everywhere from the ordering of a coffee to trying to understand international relations so it's more than scientology we are discussing, it is the way we are living
and manipulation has become the norm, and unnoticed. That is a challenge.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Confusion techniques are part and parcel of society today everywhere from the ordering of a coffee to trying to understand international relations so it's more than scientology we are discussing, it is the way we are living

Heh... yes... and for your information, it took me almost two decades to reach that point of grasping the social implications of this material. Our repartee gives me great hope for the future. This thread link got 3 shares on Facebook, including shares by Graham Berry and Ursula Caberta...

Thank you for being exactly as you are!

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON since 1993

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Arnie, what role if any do you think confusion plays within the process of a touch assist?
Confusion is a great, if thats the proper description, part of many other techniques. I have some ideas about this but would appreciate your input. Thanks

shit left the room came back, posted the question and you answered it already!

The confusion technique is used by pickpockets. If you bump against enough parts of the body all at once, you distract the brain and you can lift a person's wallet without the signals of the sensation being in the conscious view of the brain.

Essentially, pickpockets use a 'touch assist' to distract you while they take your money.

You can also use the same thing to pick a person's mind. Milton Erikson did it all the time. As Arnie has pointed out for years, Hubbard was aware of this technique and uses it repeatedly.

Scientologists use the 'touch assist' to distract you while they take your money.

As Hubbard would say, 'it's very simple.'

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The confusion technique is used by pickpockets. If you bump against enough parts of the body all at once, you distract the brain and you can lift a person's wallet without the signals of the sensation being in the conscious view of the brain.

Essentially, pickpockets use a 'touch assist' to distract you while they take your money.

You can also use the same thing to pick a person's mind. Milton Erikson did it all the time. As Arnie has pointed out for years, Hubbard was aware of this technique and uses it repeatedly.

Scientologists use the 'touch assist' to distract you while they take your money.

As Hubbard would say, 'it's very simple.'

True, and it's been confirmed that this duck was a scientologist in a previous lifetime.

pickpocketduck.jpg

gbuck

oxymoron
Heh... yes... and for your information, it took me almost two decades to reach that point of grasping the social implications of this material. Our repartee gives me great hope for the future. This thread link got 3 shares on Facebook, including shares by Graham Berry and Ursula Caberta...

Arnie Lerma

The social implications are me you my gran my kids your kids basically speaking us, this is not academic, I'm not academic for starters and as for my gran well draw your own [STRIKE]confusions[/STRIKE] conclusions,

Gib pointed out links to Boris Sidis who over 120 years ago seems to have had an insight into social implications which blew my socks off. A real gent [both of them] This is our knowledge if we only knew it. :)

My gran says people today don't even know they've been born :ohmy:

gbuck

oxymoron

Arnie Lerma

Attempting to understand what is actually occurring socially is extremely confusing, and reading or hearing opinions [msmedia, blogs, online chatrooms,the guy at the bus stop] about what is really happening is even more

confusing. There's a lot of confusion about, or certainty which is the same thing. So confuse society sufficiently and the demand for solutions increases,and confusion abounds, now. In a bigger field than the one scientology

occupies. But it is the same old shit being perpetuated. I would like my kids able to spot shit a mile off and not tread in it at all.

Arnie Lerma

Just thinking out loud here.
First, on confusion and Hubbard. All that spacey shite he spoke in his lectures could have been the confusion to prepare for the delivery of the lies.
Second. I have wondered why in Idenics they look for a "prior confusion" - AFAIK, and maybe I have gotten it wrong there. But if they do look for a "prior confusion" then they are looking for the confusion within which a person found some fact, or part of reality that they grasped onto, and then sort of became 'hypnotised' or 'entranced' with an idea that they used from then on; an idea that in Idenics theory (if they have one) relates to identity. So Idenics could be seen as un-hypnotizing a person, and even if they go on about how it "all comes from the client..blah blah blah", if they really do look for a prior confusion then they are doing some directing. If I am talking outta my arse an Idenics person can let me know, please. Anyway, I am following a logical line of reasoning here, whether or not the overall theories are true or not. If the Idenics "find the prior confusion" thing is actually what they do, and if the hypnotism theory is true, then a person doing Idenics could be said to be finding instances, or origins of "self hypnosis" where the confusion technique was not used by another on them but was just an outcome of "grabbing onto" ideas to make sense out of a difficult situation. Inadvertent self hypnosis.

As far as hypnotism or entrancement goes, I think virtually everyone does it to everyone.
IDGAF if people don't like the words "hypnotism" or "trance". I deal with people in trance every day. And they deal with me. :biggrin:

gbuck

oxymoron
Just thinking out loud here.
First, on confusion and Hubbard. All that spacey shite he spoke in his lectures could have been the confusion to prepare for the delivery of the lies.
Second. I have wondered why in Idenics they look for a "prior confusion" - AFAIK, and maybe I have gotten it wrong there. But if they do look for a "prior confusion" then they are looking for the confusion within which a person found some fact, or part of reality that they grasped onto, and then sort of became 'hypnotised' or 'entranced' with an idea that they used from then on; an idea that in Idenics theory (if they have one) relates to identity. So Idenics could be seen as un-hypnotizing a person, and even if they go on about how it "all comes from the client..blah blah blah", if they really do look for a prior confusion then they are doing some directing. If I am talking outta my arse an Idenics person can let me know, please. Anyway, I am following a logical line of reasoning here, whether or not the overall theories are true or not. If the Idenics "find the prior confusion" thing is actually what they do, and if the hypnotism theory is true, then a person doing Idenics could be said to be finding instances, or origins of "self hypnosis" where the confusion technique was not used by another on them but was just an outcome of "grabbing onto" ideas to make sense out of a difficult situation. Inadvertent self hypnosis.

As far as hypnotism or entrancement goes, I think virtually everyone does it to everyone.
IDGAF if people don't like the words "hypnotism" or "trance". I deal with people in trance every day. And they deal with me. :biggrin:

some of you best customers :biggrin:

I think that the past is confusing territory :unsure:

some of you best customers :biggrin:

I think that the past is confusing territory :unsure:

territory. It is all assigned space. "Back there" for the past. Where is your past? is it behind you? Is that where you usually think of it being it it was in space? Or do you think it's to the side of you (bodywise) or in front of you?

I don't have customers. i encounter people who think they are chickens, figuratively speaking.
If I knew what kind of chickens, that would be a start. I could learn chicken whispering.
About the past, I thought it was interesting when Rog said it's in the present. That seems true enough but it made a penny drop further then it had before.
I'm a bit tired. Wonder how this post will look on the morrow.

It's a Denise day really, whatever else happens. Tony Ortgea has a good page up about Denise.

PTS

Elliott
I wonder if this is what Elron had in mind?
It is always the first place I go now when I am reminded of elron's touchy feely tek.
[video=youtube;9ZC9D2NeTEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZC9D2NeTEM[/video]

gbuck

oxymoron
bold emphasis mine:

Confusing operator.... now THAT is a link to The Confusion Technique - a covert hypnotic technique(1) that had no links on google, until Lermanet put up two pages on it... now there are 21 million links... but guess whose pages are #1 and #2?

thanks Arnie I checked out some of the links and The Anderson Report detailing the hypnotic techniques used by scientology, is bang on, clear concise and a jolly good read :yes: I wasn't drowsy at all :thumbsup: wtf happened with that understanding! was it

not accepted? obviously not it seems, and written in 1965 before I went and got myself well and truly mesmerised :duh: and lured by the glamor of it all :)

gbuck

oxymoron

Arnie Lerma
Society is now in a state of confusion.

The social implications are me you my gran my kids your kids basically speaking us, this is not academic, I'm not academic for starters and as for my gran well draw your own [STRIKE]confusions[/STRIKE] conclusions,

Gib pointed out links to Boris Sidis who over 120 years ago seems to have had an insight into social implications which blew my socks off. A real gent [both of them] This is our knowledge if we only knew it. :)

My gran says people today don't even know they've been born :ohmy:

Thanks for that link to Boris' works! :thumbsup:

I would like to meet your Gran, Bucky! :happydance:

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Arnie Lerma is right about the assist .

I read the book Hypnotism comes of Age ( which LRH recommended ) and in it is detailed MANY basic principles of how hypnotism , and in particular forms and techniques LRH took and renamed for auditing.

AND as much of the basis for study tech. The intention of the hypnotist is actually irrelevant ; it is a mechanistic phenomena .

All that matters is the right actions are done to produce the result . Intention is cause is a big lie to fool auditors and students into thinking they can INTEND good results , and when they fail instead of questioning the technology or LRH they doubt themselves and their own sincerity.

Hypnotism has worked reportedly for THOUSANDS of years under other names and with practitioners ruled over by superstition , not understanding what or how they were doing things .

Your intention is irrelevant ,that is a controlling lie.

It is like if I drive a car and don't understand the engine , computer etc, although it is a little different in that rapport is often built with sincere trust , it can be built on a lie.

You can even be hypnotized by a book , with the exact right circumstances , with hypnotic writing patterns.

I have seen several books from the " hypnotism can't do anything wrong " school of thought that have hidden suggestions and even variations of the confusion technique to influence the reader !

This is to me unethical , BUT here's the kicker - hypothetical hypnosis student John reads hypnotism book X , and believes hypnotism can do no wrong or create undue influence , then writes a book , Thinking he can do no wrong and perpetuates the lie - unknowingly!!!

See ,superstition and bias have influenced the subject of influence very probably since before the time of Christ .:duh: