What's new

Any Aussies know this woman?

freethinker

Sponsor
g.html

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]SUCCESS![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]CAUSE OVER LIFE![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What an exciting time to complete New OT VII on my 82[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]nd[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] birthday![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Having been on The Bridge for over 60 years, having been on it since the pioneer days of Dianetics to the new era of the Golden Age of Tech, this is so thrilling![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We have 5 generations of Scientologists in my family. My father, brother and I actually round-robin co-audited Dianetics in Melbourne in 1951. It’s been such a privilege to have been on The Bridge all these years, experiencing all of LRH’s technical releases.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And over the past 60 years on The Bridge, I’ve never stopped changing. Physically, I’ve never been so well, even at this age. Wherever I go, things become calmer. I have this sphere of influence. Just being somewhere, things become happier and people become uptone. Life is a lot of fun. [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I’m enjoying now getting my grandchildren on The Bridge. In my family, we now have four generations of staff members, with my grand-daughter becoming an EstO in the Melbourne Ideal Org. This happened when I was on OT VII. I selected her three years ago to Melbourne Org, and she’s obviously a great product. And I will definitely be there when the Ideal Org opens.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OT VII has kept me alive and uptone (and definitely compared to other people at my age). My doctor says that I’m a miracle grandma. My dentist is always intrigued by my youthful outlook. And for me, this is the natural progression—what should happen on OT VII, compared to people who don’t have that privilege.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Despite my age, I can do whatever I want to do. I can still travel long distances, I don’t have to wear glasses anymore, I can play games and sports with my grandchildren… I am [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cause over Life![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I want to thank everyone who has been part of my progress over the years. I want to thank the staffs of Perth and Melbourne orgs for supporting me and for the many great friends that I have in the field. I felt I owed it to them to complete the level because of that comradeship. I actually want to thank all the staff members around the world in whatever org they’re working. I really want to acknowledge LRH for the technology to free beings and for the inspiration to make this planet sane for future generations. And I want to stress that OT VII is for eternity. Thank you LRH!” — [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]R.L.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ruth Lennie

www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/ruth-lennie.html

Ruth Lennie NEW OT VII SOLO NOTS COMPLETION Source 55 1987-01-01
Ruth Lennie HUBBARD DISSEMINATION COURSE Celebrity 204 1987-01-01
Ruth Lennie NEW OT VIII Freewinds 1 1989-12-01
Ruth Lennie ANATOMY OF CAUSE COURSE Freewinds 1 1989-12-01
Ruth Lennie FALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWN BASIC FORM Source 145 2003-04-01
Ruth Lennie NEW OT VI HUBBARD SOLO NOTS AUDITING COURSE Source 159 2004-10-01

The_Fixer

Class Clown
g.html

“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What an exciting time to complete New OT VII on my 82[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]nd[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] birthday![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Having been on The Bridge for over 60 years, having been on it since the pioneer days of Dianetics to the new era of the Golden Age of Tech, this is so thrilling![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We have 5 generations of Scientologists in my family. My father, brother and I actually round-robin co-audited Dianetics in Melbourne in 1951. It’s been such a privilege to have been on The Bridge all these years, experiencing all of LRH’s technical releases.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And over the past 60 years on The Bridge, I’ve never stopped changing. Physically, I’ve never been so well, even at this age. Wherever I go, things become calmer. I have this sphere of influence. Just being somewhere, things become happier and people become uptone. Life is a lot of fun. [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I’m enjoying now getting my grandchildren on The Bridge. In my family, we now have four generations of staff members, with my grand-daughter becoming an EstO in the Melbourne Ideal Org. This happened when I was on OT VII. I selected her three years ago to Melbourne Org, and she’s obviously a great product. And I will definitely be there when the Ideal Org opens.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OT VII has kept me alive and uptone (and definitely compared to other people at my age). My doctor says that I’m a miracle grandma. My dentist is always intrigued by my youthful outlook. And for me, this is the natural progression—what should happen on OT VII, compared to people who don’t have that privilege.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Despite my age, I can do whatever I want to do. I can still travel long distances, I don’t have to wear glasses anymore, I can play games and sports with my grandchildren… I am [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cause over Life![/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I want to thank everyone who has been part of my progress over the years. I want to thank the staffs of Perth and Melbourne orgs for supporting me and for the many great friends that I have in the field. I felt I owed it to them to complete the level because of that comradeship. I actually want to thank all the staff members around the world in whatever org they’re working. I really want to acknowledge LRH for the technology to free beings and for the inspiration to make this planet sane for future generations. And I want to stress that OT VII is for eternity. Thank you LRH!” — [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]R.L.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Does she hold the MA degree for Dr. of Bullshit? Or the eternal sucker award? 60 years in the game? You gotta be kidding me. What a slow learner.

Er,....sorry. Can't help myself sometimes.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I’m enjoying now getting my grandchildren on The Bridge. with my grand-daughter becoming an EstO in the Melbourne Ideal Org.
I selected her three years ago to Melbourne Org, and she’s obviously a great product.
[/FONT]

“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OT VII has kept me alive and uptone (and definitely compared to other people at my age).[/FONT]

No # solo NOTS completion Betty Filisky gave THE VERY same "success story", no one was able to hear her FAIL story. Like gambling you only hear about the "WINS" from the tech, the fail is your fault.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It's kinda funny how we each see some things so differently.

With the benefit of knowing what it actually takes to do the Level, my instantaneous thought when I first saw this OP was "Wow! An 82 year old getting through Solo NOTs is a miracle! She's obviously quite an exceptional person."

tina1000

Patron
g.html

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

This made me realize the perils of being too positive.
This woman is like Mr mago petting a lion, but calling it
A kitty cat. Also hanging off the wing of an airplane in midair
Thinking he's at the beach on a windy day.
How is it possible for someone to be in that for 60 years
Without noticing she's in a CULT. Come on lady. Really.
60 years? Now she's getting her grand kids mixed up in this
Too! She wins the worlds record for being oblivious for the
Longest amount of time.

tina1000

Patron
I feel really bad. I thought the podium had the word hag written on it.
I thought it was a joke at first and felt bad for the lady. Then I realized that it says
Flag. I don't think she's a hag at all, but they should have made
The letters more readable so as not to get the wrong idea.

With the benefit of knowing what it actually takes to do the Level, my instantaneous thought when I first saw this OP was "Wow! An 82 year old getting through Solo NOTs is a miracle! She's obviously quite an exceptional person."

Panda,

I'm 60. I walked away from Scientology when I was 25. I had done the briefing course, OT3, and started a center (that is an org today).

I don't know what it takes to get to OT 7 these days. This may sound cynical, it isn't. Would you give a short description of what you look at in regard to the woman. She looks happy to me. Much more I can't say.

I know any number of OT 7 and 8s. I'm highly underwhelmed with that product.

I have a former girlfriend, who was born 84 years ago, who looks much younger and prettier than the woman pictured. My friend sails, skis, travels, and goes to the gym regularly. She did the briefing course and through OT6 in the 70s. Most of us from that period don't have a great respect for OT levels, but the Clearing Course and below, we value highly.

Just the six month check ins, alone, make my blood boil.

What is your perspective?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Panda as an OT8 im sure you do have a different pesrspective.

Im not doubting how exceptional Ruth Lennie must be ,to do what she has done and run the gauntlet at flag, 6 month checks etc, but that is her as an individual which is totally separate to the tech and in spite of it in my opinion.

My own point is that ,its her moment in the spotlight, which passes, if Ruth acquires cancer, it wont be broadly published and it will be deemed her overts that caused it to any who query, and the other 90% of the audience will retain her in memory as someone who is proof the tech works.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
My perspective is that it's a always a mistake to judge others without knowing wtf you're talking about. When that judgement is based on a lack of actual understanding and prejudice it sometimes inspires me to voice an opinion. My perspective is that very few who so blithely criticise her and belittle her accomplishment would be able to persevere and overcome the barriers which Ruth Lennie has obviously overcome to successfully complete Solo NOTs.

Carmello, The CofS of today is in no way comparable to the CofS you experienced. You are, in effect, a former member of a different "church".

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
My perspective is that it's a always a mistake to judge others without knowing wtf you're talking about. When that judgement is based on a lack of actual understanding and prejudice it sometimes inspires me to voice an opinion. My perspective is that very few who so blithely criticise her and belittle her accomplishment would be able to persevere and overcome the barriers which Ruth Lennie has obviously overcome to successfully complete Solo NOTs.

Carmello, The CofS of today is in no way comparable to the CofS you experienced. You are, in effect, a former member of a different "church".

:clap: :clap: Well said, Panda!~

Best and Happy week-end to all :hattip:

Tory/Magoo

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious

I agree Panda. Having completed New OTVII and New OTVIII myself, I also know what it takes to get through it. Even if she hasn't done OTVIII, it is a MAJOR win to get through all the hoops imposed by the "church" to attest to New OTVII and at the age of 82 at that! It's quite an accomplishment.

Just because a person does OTVII and/or OTVIII doesn't mean that they are smiling and happy all the time. I can attest to the fact that there were many times I just wanted to throw in the towel and give it up. The barriers are great: time, money, health issues, ethics, contributions, body ruds, metabolism, on and on. There were many times I was not smiling and all happy about my life. It would be silly to think that a person was stuck in any emotion from day to day, hour to hour.

I've seen many older people trying to get on the level or who were on the level trying to get through it. It gets harder as one's body ages and it was very sad for me to see them going through what they felt they had to.

There is no slack cut for a person with disabilities or for a person of an older age. The standards must be met, period.

I'm sure she is relieved to be done with it. I've met her. She is a good person.

"sucessfully complete..."

She is probably not the target of the belittling and I am wondering if she is not the target of your defense either.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
"sucessfully complete..."

She is probably not the target of the belittling and I am wondering if she is not the target of your defense either.
Read the post which prompted my response... here...
Does she hold the MA degree for Dr. of Bullshit? Or the eternal sucker award? 60 years in the game? You gotta be kidding me. What a slow learner.

Er,....sorry. Can't help myself sometimes.
there's no need to invent scenarios, it's right there on the thread.

I agree Panda. Having completed New OTVII and New OTVIII myself, I also know what it takes to get through it. Even if she hasn't done OTVIII, it is a MAJOR win to get through all the hoops imposed by the "church" to attest to New OTVII and at the age of 82 at that! It's quite an accomplishment.

Just because a person does OTVII and/or OTVIII doesn't mean that they are smiling and happy all the time. I can attest to the fact that there were many times I just wanted to throw in the towel and give it up. The barriers are great: time, money, health issues, ethics, contributions, body ruds, metabolism, on and on. There were many times I was not smiling and all happy about my life. It would be silly to think that a person was stuck in any emotion from day to day, hour to hour.

I've seen many older people trying to get on the level or who were on the level trying to get through it. It gets harder as one's body ages and it was very sad for me to see them going through what they felt they had to.

There is no slack cut for a person with disabilities or for a person of an older age. The standards must be met, period.

I'm sure she is relieved to be done with it. I've met her. She is a good person.

If you got something worthwhile from it I can see how you might be proud of getting through it. If the pain was more than the gain, why the pride on it? There are a few things in life I have gotten through, but don't feel like retro-reconstructing them as worthwhile just because they were difficult.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
If you got something worthwhile from it I can see how you might be proud of getting through it. If the pain was more than the gain, why the pride on it? There are a few things in life I have gotten through, but don't feel like retro-reconstructing them as worthwhile just because they were difficult.

I'm not sure where the pride thing comes in here or why that is brought up.

It would be like running in a marathon and completing, or going to college and getting the degree you want, or playing a game of chess and winning. It's an accomplishment, an overcoming of barriers. Maybe at some point after the accomplishment one changes their mind about whether it was worth the effort, but at that moment, it is still an accomplishment.

I'm not sure where the pride thing comes in here or why that is brought up.

It would be like running in a marathon and completing, or going to college and getting the degree you want, or playing a game of chess and winning. It's an accomplishment, an overcoming of barriers. Maybe at some point after the accomplishment one changes their mind about whether it was worth the effort, but at that moment, it is still an accomplishment.

FTS said something like "I just feel sorry for her". I get that.

I don't get Panda's or your feel good thing about successfully completing. Panda mentioned "successfully" completing, which seems ironic, since people who leave before they "successfully complete" are probably the ones to feel happier for, not the ones who endure till the bitter end. Unless you consider the "wins" worth having.

In your last post you mentioned difficulties which come with age and how that would make it harder (paraphrasing as I remember your post). Well she said scientology helped her to be well, regardless of her age, so no problems there, unless she was telling porkies. I get what you are saying about *at the time she completes* she would feel acomplishment too, even though she may reassess later. You say "it is still an accomplishment". Well no, it isn't if she looks back and realises she's wasted more time by completing than not completing. If she doesn't reasses and goes on thinking it's all lovely then for her, it probably is lovely, but onlookers don't have to rejoice about her completion whichever scenario is the one she is living.
Do you feel the same happiness for people who complete there high level admin course? Or low level admin courses for that matter?
If, in your opinion, there are wins, then of course you might feel it's good that she completed. If not, then her completions probably means she's already started on OT8. The next part of the soul hacking.