What's new

Caliwog Blog: Do the upper OT levels cause cancer?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do the upper OT levels cause cancer?

Be careful...if you admit that the OT levels can cause cancer you then are admiting that auditing actually does something. And if it does something then it may even have the ability to cure something.....

So does it do something or does it do nothing?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Of course it "does" something. Well, to be more accurate, it allows the recipient to do something.
Whether or not the recipient fully understands what that something is, is another matter.

... You will die from pnuemonia? Pnuemonia is relatively easily resolved these days. More '50s hogwash. ...

Not all that long ago an engineer at my workplace died from pneumonia. He was mid-30s and had full medical coverage. He left behind wife & kids. Uniquemand has spoken on this board about his own severe medical crisis wherein he nearly died as a result of pneumonia brought on by Legionnaire's disease.

People still die from pneumonia. Even those who receive treatment. And here in the u.s., as in parts of the third world, not everyone does.

Mark A. Baker

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
I seriously doubt it. Chain smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet, sleep deprivation and stress, however, probably do. Especially in billion year doses.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Not all that long ago an engineer at my workplace died from pneumonia. He was mid-30s and had full medical coverage. He left behind wife & kids. Uniquemand has spoken on this board about his own severe medical crisis wherein he nearly died as a result of pneumonia brought on by Legionnaire's disease.

People still die from pneumonia. Even those who receive treatment. And here in the u.s., as in parts of the third world, not everyone does.

Mark A. Baker

Keyword here was relatively. There are always exceptions. But your point is noted.

People can die from a common cold too, although it is rare.

Doing scientology, particulary upper levels, is a risk factor for dying of cancers that occur.

There are many who would have not died of their cancers, if they had not been in scientology. I very much doubt that that is an untrue statement.

The families of some of those who died of cancer, and the deceased (if they could),
would probably argue that for them, it makes little difference whether scientology caused the cancer or scientology prevented proper treatment and recovery/cure. (in cancers that can be treated to recovery/cure).

It looks to me like this statement:
'Scientology may not cause cancer but does cause death by cancer', is true.

The chances of an OT developing Cancer are probably statistically the same as someone who never even heard of Scientology, but the chances of the cancer turning fatal are probably quite a bit greater for an OT Scientologist than they are for someone who is not, because of Hubbard's mindfuck preventing the OT from acting rational enough to seeking medical treatment for the condition immediately

I'm going to venture a guess that it's higher, because of the smoking thing.

And that indeed may be the case, but as far as the fatality rate, there is no doubt in my mind that that actual deaths attributed to cancer are higher because of the indoctrination of irrational beliefs regarding physical illness.

Time and time again I hear of Scientologists thinking Hubbard's con game is going to cure them of their illnesses,

in the case of an illness that tends to run it course and is not fatal, a Scientologist can convince themselves that Hubbard's Con game cured them,

but in the case of a serious illness, it's usually a death sentence.

G

Gottabrain

And that indeed may be the case, but as far as the fatality rate, there is no doubt in my mind that that actual deaths attributed to cancer are higher because of the indoctrination of irrational beliefs regarding physical illness.

Time and time again I hear of Scientologists thinking Hubbard's con game is going to cure them of their illnesses,

in the case of an illness that tends to run it course and is not fatal, a Scientologist can convince themselves that Hubbard's Con game cured them,

but in the case of a serious illness, it's usually a death sentence.

:yes: They die sooner of cancer than others. Younger. More painfully. Lack of standard medical checkups and lack of using available medical treatments that can detect and eliminate many cancers in early stages and unwillingness to undergo more radical treatments with lower success rates for terminal cancers are all problems with Scientologists.

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious

I *completely* agree.

Although we all know that Scientology is purely a spiritual technology, and does not promise nor warrant to diagnose, cure, or treat any disease. After all, it sez that right in the front of the books.

Oh, shit, I just cut my finger on the edge of the desk. I hope my E-Meter is still in the medicine cabinet.