What's new

Carmen Llewellyn: Scientology "ruined my life and my career.........."

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
New York, 7:04 PM
Sat Apr 3

Jason Lee's Ex-Wife Blasts Scientology, Travoltas, and Cruises

340x_carmen.jpg

Carmen Llewellyn says Scientology "ruined my life and my career. I ended up addicted to painkillers." She blames Scientology for Tom Cruise's divorce from "Suppressive Person" Nicole Kidman and says the Travoltas hid their son Jett from the church.
Carmen joined the church in 1995 when she married Lee, and left when she divorced him in 2002. In an interview with the Naitonal Enquirer she says Jason "was a drunk who beat me up" and forced her to join Scientology. "I foolishly allowed it to take root in me," she says. She describes hanging out at the Hollywood Scientology Center with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, and says Scientology is why the pair divorced:
Jason and I were talking to Tom, and we told him that we went to the CoS center in LA. He said brightly, ‘Oh yeah? Well, me and Nicole are Scientologists too! Right, Nic?' But she turned and gave Tom the most evil look. She stared at him for about 10 seconds, and Tom looked at her like he was throwing daggers with his eyes. I interpreted her look to mean, ‘I am not a Scientologist, and I will not be a Scientologist.' She was clearly mad at Tom for saying she was. And the next thing you know, they're getting a divorce!
At the time, the word went around all the Scientologists that ‘Nicole is an S.P. so Tom has to divorce her.' An S.P. is a Suppressive Person, which is CoS jargon for the devil.

Read entire article here:

http://gawker.com/5508855/jason-lees-ex+wife-blasts-scientology-travoltas-and-cruises

ladymarinii3

Well, I really love Tom Cruise and look forward to seeing him in his new movie "Knight and Day" along with Cameron Diaz, too. It looks really like a good fun movie and hope it is even more fun than the carol Burnett show that I saw last weekend when I was sick.
Why did Jason Lees ex-wife become addicted to pain killers just by following her religious belief? I thought that that is a bit odd but the main thing is that she is happy and she looks really great too.
Feel sorry for her that Jason Lee beat her up. It is good she is divorced now and is out of that but perhaps the pain killers were from being beaten up by Jason Lee? I wonder why so many women get beaten up by their husbands - it must be really terrible to love someone who beats you up.

Carmen looks really great for her age by the way - love her yellow shirt.
By the way, John Travolta was really great in his last movie "from Paris with Love" where he played an undercover roque agent. Great fun to see him in a totally different type of role and with a different loo, too. I didnt actually know that it was John Travolta who played that guy until in the mid of the movie when my gf told me it was him.

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
looks good

Looks good - for her age.

tap tap tap

Snarky !

Whoa there, girl. Where did you learn that?
Mean Girls?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Looks good - for her age.

tap tap tap

Snarky !

Whoa there, girl. Where did you learn that?
Mean Girls?

Here's another pic of her I believe from about 9 years ago. How old IS she anyways?

Carmen, if you're lurking on this board please join us! :yes:
We've got a seat reserved for you.

MV5BMTE5MDYwNzA4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzk4NzQ1._V1._SX266_SY400_.jpg

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Thank you Type 4_PTS. I hope she does come forward to our board, I'm sure she has a story or two to tell.:happydance:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Carmen's age

Carmen is probably approx same age as Jason Lee, who is around 40.

I think she looks younger in the photos, and 40 ain't that old, so I don't get the comment, Looks good - for her age. That is a snide comment some women make about other women, when they do not mean it - as a compliment. At least in my part of the world. Thus, my comment, Mean Girls - movie / book. New book out, Mean Girls Grow Up to be (ta da) Mean Women.

No offense, LadyM, but that comment comes off very badly - on you, not her. Switch it out please, for something like, Oh wow, she is pretty. Much better reflection on you - and her.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
This is off topic, but I sure hope Sharron Angle's win in the Nevada primary does not bring out the long knives exposing her Scn involvement. She is a solid conservative, perhaps too far right, but no one can say Harry Reid is not wacko too too far left. So there is a polar opposite race brewing in NV. But the Scn angle (pun intented) may come to bite Sharron.

This is a little bit on topic because the article exposes the nut job organization Scn. SO I don't feel too bad.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Div6 - Help me !

Learn to spot the sock puppies............

I don't understand this. :unsure: Can you explain it for me. I sort of get 'sock puppet' - that's like a cover for some other person, right? So who is the sock puppet here? :confused2: Are you talking Carmen - or LadyM - or me? Can't mean me :lol:. :blush: But I do not get what you mean. Please explain. Thanks.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Lurker, a sock puppet is a false identity created by an Internet user, who usually then tries to draw attention to themselves. Div6 was referring to LadyM, probably because of the enthusiastic drivel about the wonderful Scientology celebrities -- but I would have said "troll" rather than sock puppet.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The way she blames Scientology for all the bads in her life makes her look silly.

The CoS has attempted to destroy many people via their Fair Game Policy (that was never canceled). I don't doubt the things she alleged the CoS did, as they did many others that way.

Dukat

Patron with Honors
..and after the fail attempt at 'thread derail' I'm wondering what happened after Gawker picked up Carmen's story.

I never heard anything further after this story came out. Only saw Jason Lee's points go down on IMDB and other similar sites and a few comments here and there in magazines.

Dukat

Patron with Honors
Thanks for those sites. My the Internets is a big place!

I hope she isn't being quiet because of bullying tactics from the evil cult. I bet this story isn't over yet.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I hope she isn't being quiet because of bullying tactics from the evil cult.

I hope that that isn't the case either. But if she needed help there's certainly some people on this board that would be more than willing to help her. :yes:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
You pussys just need to start kicking ass. Take a fucking martial art and learn how to fight. Hell, I'll come over and throw you around if you like, just post your email address and I'll be on my way with a good ass kicking for you.

I know who you are Troll.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks

Lurker, a sock puppet is a false identity created by an Internet user, who usually then tries to draw attention to themselves. Div6 was referring to LadyM, probably because of the enthusiastic drivel about the wonderful Scientology celebrities -- but I would have said "troll" rather than sock puppet.

Thank you, Finally Me. :yes: That helps.