What's new

John Travolta Investigated for Crimes Against Scientology by Marty Rathbun

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
http://nypost.com/2010/03/28/i-penned-the-suckiest-movie-ever-sorry/. The screen writer has apologized. No evidence that the director has apologized. Also no evidence that the director has ever worked on anything meaningful ever again.

He might just be semi-retired as he is close to 70 now. But he does have a decent resume, winning an Academy Award and was nominated for another.

I tend to believe Marty and Mike with regards to DM's interference with Battlefield Earth.

RogerB

Crusader
Cruise has been more arrogant in public. On that interview where he criticized Brook Sheilds for use of medication, the leaked cult in-house promo video, all that crap about how superior he is, the Drama he cooked up with Steven Speilberg and his wife, people reading between the lines about what marriage to him was like with Nicole and Katie, the wife-to-be job interviews etc. All publically staged arrogance or almost publically staged arrogance which became public.

JT has never done that AFAIK. He is not in everyone's face telling them he knows better than EVERYBODY!!! His nice guy image -which probably reflects him in reality has saved him from being ridiculed as Cruise has been, but to me it looks like people are now thinking "nice" is not good enough, if it is nice-but-unbelievably stupid, or even nice-but willing to hide the facts , even from himself. After a while that becomes so unbelievable it becomes nice-but-NOBODY-can be-THAT-ficken-stoopid-so-it-must-be-nice-but-actually-really-not-so-nice-after-all.
YMMV

DB, you said it well :yes:

JT has been both civil and polite.

Yah, all we "superior Beings" who have exited the cult might criticize those still in, but I think that is disingenuous. I like many here was devoted to my belief in it when in . . . and it would be indecent for me to criticize another for holding, as I once did, to what he believed to be true.

JT is not out there ramming his thing down the throats of others and nor is he out there making others wrong for what they believe.

And nor is he saluting the dwarf or sucking up to him. JT simply buys the services he believes in and gets on with his private life.

While it is true that some time ago he revealed he believed in Scn . . . it not now him that is promoting the wizardry of it . . . . but the Cof$ using his name as some sort of credential of validity.

I say, John, get your arse out of there :yes::biggrin:

Last edited:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
One thing that is conspicuously absent in the Marty/Mike recollection of Battlefield Earth is that they probably thought it was the best movie ever made, too, even after they saw it. Hey, it had Travolta in it and it was based on Hubbard's novel, it had to be huge.

Sure, a little "entheta" seeped in when they discovered the public thought it was unwatchable, but Dianutty is unreadable, so this is what their cult was all about -- revering anything connected with Hubbard that has the potential to draw more raw meat into the trap. The thing is, Dianutty gave people hope. There was no placebo effect in Battlefield Earth at all -- it was pure poison.:omg: