What's new

Conrado Vico ex Sea Org member ~ RIP

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was recently discovered that Conrado Vico, 55, of Los Angeles, a former member of the Sea Organization, an elite Church of Scientology organization, died after jumping from the Bixby Creek Bridge, in Big Sur, Monterey County California, last year. According to a detective from the Monterey County Sheriffs Department, Vico likely jumped from the Bixby Bridge on June 11 or 12, 2015, but his remains were not discovered by hikers until June 13.

Vico’s rental car was found nearby, with some personal effects locked in the trunk. Vico’s death was ruled a suicide by the Monterey Country Coroner’s Office. Conrado Vico was born on February 28, 1960, in Argentina. He came to Los Angeles in 1990, and joined the Church of Scientology’s Sea Organization. He worked as an accountant at the “Citizens Commission on Human Rights” (CCHR), whose website describes itself as “a nonprofit mental health watchdog” organization. The group is known for opposition for the profession of psychiatry as practiced in the US. Less known is that CCHR is staffed by Church of Scientology Sea Org members, and adheres to the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the controversial science-fiction author who founded the Church of Scientology in the 1950’s. Vico began to voice disagreement with the Church as he felt it diverged from the original teachings of L. Ron Hubbard in its current state. Vico cut ties with the Sea Organization and exited the SO in the late 1990’s.

After his death, family members discovered documents indicating Vico was preparing to file a lawsuit against the Church of Scientology, along with copies of letters Vico wrote to his congresswoman, complaining of harassment and surveillance by COS, and a police report, again in which Vico had complained about harassment of him by the Church of Scientology.

Interestingly, an acquaintance of Vico’s, Mr. Steve Brackett, of Clearwater FL, (also a member of the Church of Scientology) similarly leaped to his death from the same Highway 1 Bixby Bridge on the Big Sur Coast, six years previously, on May 28, 2009. Conrado Vico's father is a very high military official in Argentina.
Conrado is survived by two sisters and one brother.
Great that he exited the cult before he passed.

Fly High Conrado. Vaya Con Dios.
OB.conrado.smile.jpg

OB.Conrado.jpg

Adam7986

Declared SP
Conrado worked with my dad and he was treated like shit around Wiseman & Burke. I only saw him once after I left Scientology. This is so disheartening. I am so sorry Conrado.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I shared a dorm with Conrado in Leb Hall for a couple of years, late 80s or early 90s. I forget the dates.

Later, we worked in the same office at Wiseman & Burke, 1996-1999 I think. I hadn't seen him between leaving the SO and W&B.

Here are three pix, and a ten-second video I took of him at W&B. I waive any copyright claims I hold if anyone wants to publish them elsewhere.

conrado-vico-1.jpg

conrado-vico-2.jpg

conrado-vico-3.jpg

http://fzglobal.org/miscpix/conrado-vico.mpg

Paul

Last edited:

Adam7986

Declared SP
Did you ever meet my dad, DOF? I can't remember what year he started working at Wiseman & Burke, but I think there might have been a small overlap.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the bridge.

It is quite a way down to hurl one's self over.

How very odd that Nancy Cartright's (voice of Bart) fiance Steve Brackett killed himself a few years earlier from that same bridge.
(Google Steve Brackett OT 8 Scientology suicide.)

Bridge.Bixby.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Did you ever meet my dad, DOF? I can't remember what year he started working at Wiseman & Burke, but I think there might have been a small overlap.

Yeah, we overlapped for a year or more. I even met you once when he brought you to the office, but remember nothing about it other than that.

Paul

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is Conrado's last letter to the cult before he killed himself.
Conrado believed that the technology of the Cult was his salvation.
They had used him for slave labor, but they now declared him "illegal pc."

(Part 1)

8/20/12
To: Pam Shannon OSA, LA Day
Church of Scientology
4810 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
cc: Dir I&R Wise Int.
6331 Hollywood Blvd., Ste. 701
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Re: My Illegal Pc Petition and my status as a member of the Church of Scientology

This is to inform you that due to a number of events that have transpired in the last few years since I last petitioned you, I do no longer support nor I consider myself a member of the Church of Scientology.
My reasons are as follows:
• The Church of Scientology suppressive Management was the only entity that stopped me cold on my way up the bridge. This was done while in the Sea Org and after I had been thoroughly security checked, effectively completing grade two and after having attained the EP of the PTS Rundown, with my father totally handled in session.

• The idiots that run the tech lines at AO and Snr. C/S Int, had nothing better to do than to declared me illegal Pc based on my father’s Intelligence career. It did no matter that I was already disconnected and living 5000 miles away in another country. It did not matter that I have removed myself, on my own determinism from all association with the Argentinean Navy Intelligence and my family, becoming a semi homeless expatriate in Los Angeles.
More importantly, it did no matter that neither my father nor any member of my family ever dared to interfere with me in my adult life, let alone with Scientology.

• No, the Squirrels had to reverse every gain that I had made with Scientology and end My Grade II by kicking me out of the Bridge and effectively parking me in limbo for the next 20 years of my life.

• No, you had to make sure that I was guilty of having being born in the wrong’ family, and to paraphrase Sonya, the corrupt EO of LA DAY, I was responsible by “agreement”.

• Then while I was spun in by the sudden, arbitrary and capricious denial of scientology, one degrade being pretending to be the Supercargo at Wise Int., refused to put me on a routing out form, while the idiot that called himself CO Wise Int (Quentin Strub) attempted to manhandle me into remaining in the Sea Org (while being illegal pc of course). Quentin and his robots at Wise Int tried to top that up with an unsuccessful attempt at having me redo all of my recently done confessionals. Those were the actions of a cult, clearly intended to reverse Scientology tech on me, with the sole intention of forcefully keeping me as a body for your own benefit.
Apparently the highest tone level that is attained in the Sea Organization is between owning and controlling bodies.

• It gets even better. Gary Jacobs the MAA at AOLA in 1989 justified my being declared illegal pc because he saw my father as a “dangerous psychotic”.
Irony of Ironies I was stopped cold and thrown out of the Bridge, because by all accounts, my
father acted very much like one sociopath, also known as COB RTC, David Miscavige, the self-appointed Leader of Scientology.

• In defense of my father. He was from a time and place where violence and intolerance for political view was the norm. In my country, people have been regularly killing and beating them self up for over half a century just for daring to express a different ideology. My father was a member of a group whose avowed goals and purposes were to violently attack and suppress any perceived enemy of the state. He did not pretend to be the leader of a religion that brings a new age of spiritual freedom and understanding to the people of earth, as David Miscavage does. While pretending to be the successor of LRH, David Miscavige beats tortures and incarcerates any unlucky Sea Org member that has fallen within his poisonous influence.

• No, the only people that have ever denied Scientology to me have been Sea Org members, and the International Management of Scientology. It was all done quoting LRH, of course, and for my “own good” mind you.

• I have no doubt in my mind that the Sea Org under David Miscavage, given the opportunity, would turn the entire planet into a control operation nightmare, which would make the Argentinean Junta’s repression apparatus look like child’s play.

Believe me; I’m not looking forward to a future where forced confessions, sleep deprivation, and coercion are the “Road to Total Freedom”. Where forced detention in The Hole, and RPF reeducation camps are exported to the world as the technologies for the mind. It sounds like Black Dianetics to me.

~~~to be continued

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
This is the bridge.

It is quite a way down to hurl one's self over.

How very odd that Nancy Cartright's (voice of Bart) fiance Steve Brackett killed himself a few years earlier from that same bridge.
(Google Steve Brackett OT 8 Scientology suicide.)

Bridge.Bixby.jpg

Wow - Nancy Cartwright is guzzling that koolaide - no wonder. Steve Brackett's death drove her INTO the cult.

I can't imagine how much pain those people were in. RIP to all of the suicide victims of Scientology.

May this year be the year we take down this evil entity.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

This is Conrado's last letter to the cult before he killed himself.
Conrado believed that the technology of the Cult was his salvation.
They had used him for slave labor, but they now declared him "illegal pc."

(Part 1)

8/20/12
Church of Scientology
4810 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Re: My Illegal Pc Petition and my status as a member of the Church of Scientology

This is to inform you that due to a number of events that have transpired in the last few years since I last petitioned you, I do no longer support nor I consider myself a member of the Church of Scientology.
My reasons are as follows:
• The Church of Scientology suppressive Management was the only entity that stopped me cold on my way up the bridge. This was done while in the Sea Org and after I had been thoroughly security checked, effectively completing grade two and after having attained the EP of the PTS Rundown, with my father totally handled in session.

• The idiots that run the tech lines at AO and Snr. C/S Int, had nothing better to do than to declared me illegal Pc based on my father’s Intelligence career. It did no matter that I was already disconnected and living 5000 miles away in another country. It did not matter that I have removed myself, on my own determinism from all association with the Argentinean Navy Intelligence and my family, becoming a semi homeless expatriate in Los Angeles.
More importantly, it did no matter that neither my father nor any member of my family ever dared to interfere with me in my adult life, let alone with Scientology.

• No, the Squirrels had to reverse every gain that I had made with Scientology and end My Grade II by kicking me out of the Bridge and effectively parking me in limbo for the next 20 years of my life.

• No, you had to make sure that I was guilty of having being born in the wrong’ family, and to paraphrase Sonya, the corrupt EO of LA DAY, I was responsible by “agreement”.

• Then while I was spun in by the sudden, arbitrary and capricious denial of scientology, one degrade being pretending to be the Supercargo at Wise Int., refused to put me on a routing out form, while the idiot that called himself CO Wise Int (Quentin Strub) attempted to manhandle me into remaining in the Sea Org (while being illegal pc of course). Quentin and his robots at Wise Int tried to top that up with an unsuccessful attempt at having me redo all of my recently done confessionals. Those were the actions of a cult, clearly intended to reverse Scientology tech on me, with the sole intention of forcefully keeping me as a body for your own benefit.
Apparently the highest tone level that is attained in the Sea Organization is between owning and controlling bodies.

• It gets even better. Gary Jacobs the MAA at AOLA in 1989 justified my being declared illegal pc because he saw my father as a “dangerous psychotic”.
Irony of Ironies I was stopped cold and thrown out of the Bridge, because by all accounts, my
father acted very much like one sociopath, also known as COB RTC, David Miscavige, the self-appointed Leader of Scientology.

• In defense of my father. He was from a time and place where violence and intolerance for political view was the norm. In my country, people have been regularly killing and beating them self up for over half a century just for daring to express a different ideology. My father was a member of a group whose avowed goals and purposes were to violently attack and suppress any perceived enemy of the state. He did not pretend to be the leader of a religion that brings a new age of spiritual freedom and understanding to the people of earth, as David Miscavage does. While pretending to be the successor of LRH, David Miscavige beats tortures and incarcerates any unlucky Sea Org member that has fallen within his poisonous influence.

• No, the only people that have ever denied Scientology to me have been Sea Org members, and the International Management of Scientology. It was all done quoting LRH, of course, and for my “own good” mind you.

• I have no doubt in my mind that the Sea Org under David Miscavage, given the opportunity, would turn the entire planet into a control operation nightmare, which would make the Argentinean Junta’s repression apparatus look like child’s play.

Believe me; I’m not looking forward to a future where forced confessions, sleep deprivation, and coercion are the “Road to Total Freedom”. Where forced detention in The Hole, and RPF reeducation camps are exported to the world as the technologies for the mind. It sounds like Black Dianetics to me.

~~~to be continued

The ILLEGAL PC scam is a very clever trick the Church of Scientology has pulled on hundreds of thousands of its victims.

Helluvahoax nailed it when he describes Scientology's / Hubbard's "LAW OF COMMOTION"

You see - they collect money up front, get you to sign legal dox so you can't get it back and then LABEL you so you "can't have" the Bridge to Total Freedom.

Everyone is an illegal PC - one way or another. So they hold this card and use it if you don't toe the line.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Conrado ~ last letter to cult before suicide.
See last line "Your Black enchantment has ended."
He had his paradigm shift !

8/20/12

Church of Scientology

4810 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90027

Los Angeles, CA 90028

Last letter to cult before suicicde (Part 2)

· Last year I watched in total shock how a bunch of so called “OTs”, carrying head mounted cameras laid siege to Marty Rathbuns’s house for months. They were publicly harassing Marty, his wife, and the public they were ministering to. These imbeciles were attempting to carry out a modern inquisition, making a spectacle for the entire world to see. Marty’s crime? To audit people that had been abused by the squirreled practices of your cult.

· Are these fanatic robots the products that Scientology generates these days? Are these idiots your OTs?

· Then, January this year I watched in disbelief how the legal arm of the church was in the process of annihilating Debbie Cook, one of the most productive and loyal Scientologist that have served the Church. Her sole crime? To have witnessed and personally suffered David Miscavige numerous assaults and battery on herself and other executives. This is now a matter of public record.

· Scientology has morphed from a cool Spiritual Philosophy, founded on LRH’s emphasis on self determinism and personal freedom, into some modern caricature of the Christian medieval cult that brought us the Dark Ages and the Inquisition.

You are riding on the back of thousands of years of the great Eastern traditions, the immortal Vedas, Buddhism and Taoism, and your Executives and OT ambassadors, act like greedy TV evangelists and cheap car salesman.

You have the tools to finally make enlightenment a reality for most of the people of earth, and all you can do is extort money, own and control the lives of your parishioners.

You were trusted by LRH with running out “The Christ implant” off the people of earth, not to restimulate everybody back into the mud again.

You have turned gold into black water, freedom into entrapment, and trust into betrayal.

You have taken advantage of the weakest points for a human being: our chronic amnesia and oblivion of our true nature, and shamelessly exploited them against us with a never ending mystery sandwich and a cleverly constructed maze of conflicting and contradictory LRH policies and tech.

In the same vein as the corrupt priest of old, you pretend to stand at the Gates of Heaven, as arrogant, self appointed arbiters of all maters spiritual, sanctimonious zealots with a mission to save the world.

Incidentally, I can report to you, that by my personal inspection, I have found “Heaven” alive and well, untouched by your efforts, its installation fully functioning and busy as ever. My guess is that at the abysmal rate and manner by which you are applying Scientology, “Heaven” will most likely remain so for many thousands of years to come.

So to Pam Shannon, Snr C/S Int, Church of Scientology, et al:

I can’t care less if you approve or disapprove of me. You can take all my petitions and wipe your asses with them for all I care.

You have lost all credibility and have no further relevance to me.

I’m clear, well audited and well trained; I achieved that very easily, once I effectively removed myself from your suppressive influence.

The majority of LRH materials are free and available to anyone on the internet.

The OT levels are also available outside of your walls. Your monopoly of the tech has been broken, and I plan to take full advantage of that.

I began this adventure 30 years ago, by very reluctantly allowing myself to enter into your Church.

I used then, an LRH quote of the Buddha from the Creation of Human Ability, to convince myself that this “religion” was not going to become the nefarious cult that I knew it will become.

I think it is only fair that I use the same quote to leave this cult:

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made

up of our thoughts.

By oneself evil is done; by oneself one suffers; by oneself evil is left undone; by oneself one is purified. Purity and impurity belong to oneself; no one can purify another.”

Your black enchantment has ended.

Conrado Vico

P.S. Do not bother to respond if you are a Church of Scientology staff or an eager beaver cult member, as I do not wish to have any further communication with you.

Friends and anybody with their critical thinking abilities intact are welcome.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you, Karen.

It is sad and dare I say it, suspicious as hell.

RIP Conrado. :heartflower:

I agree, just a TAD suspicious.

We can only speculate what actually happened to induce him to go off that bridge. I give it 50/50 chance he was helped? At the same time, his letter reads like that of many "true believers" and they are often unstable and therefore MAY be more prone to suicide. Again, we don't know for sure what happened. But it was no doubt he was labeled an enemy, and we all know what the policy is on those.

JustSheila

Crusader

We can only speculate what actually happened to induce him to go off that bridge. I give it 50/50 chance he was helped? At the same time, his letter reads like that of many "true believers" and they are often unstable and therefore MAY be more prone to suicide. Again, we don't know for sure what happened. But it was no doubt he was labeled an enemy, and we all know what the policy is on those.

Yeh, I know what you mean. :yes:

What really raises my suspicions, besides the fact this is the second apparent scientology suicide from that bridge and he was about to file a lawsuit against COS, is that once you read past the scientologese, the letter is quite coherent and organized. It is not something a crazy person would write. Someone frustrated and angry, sure, but not crazy. He is detailed, descriptive, specific and fairly sequential. Even his punctuation isn't bad. This is not the statement of a crazy person:

"In defense of my father. He was from a time and place where violence and intolerance for political view was the norm. In my country, people have been regularly killing and beating them self up for over half a century just for daring to express a different ideology. My father was a member of a group whose avowed goals and purposes were to violently attack and suppress any perceived enemy of the state. He did not pretend to be the leader of a religion that brings a new age of spiritual freedom and understanding to the people of earth, as David Miscavage does. While pretending to be the successor of LRH, David Miscavige beats tortures and incarcerates any unlucky Sea Org member that has fallen within his poisonous influence."

A frustrated man who felt cheated and depressed, definitely, but not crazy.

Then there is Karen's statement on Post #1:

"After his death, family members discovered documents indicating Vico was preparing to file a lawsuit against the Church of Scientology, along with copies of letters Vico wrote to his congresswoman, complaining of harassment and surveillance by COS, and a police report, again in which Vico had complained about harassment of him by the Church of Scientology."

Harassment and surveillance. They pushed him to the edge, one way or the other. Everything else is clearly written, there is no reason to believe he imagined this - it really happened.:angry:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

We can only speculate what actually happened to induce him to go off that bridge. I give it 50/50 chance he was helped?

Oh, that is silly. While it might not be beyond the cult to consider offing some huge enemy, and maybe even doing it, why with him? He wasn't about to testify against DM or something, as far as I know. He had no famous TV show etc. Plus, he rented a car to get to the bridge. Did someone force him to drive there at gunpoint?

Personally, while never seriously contemplating actually doing it, I've toyed with the idea of committing suicide (not recently!). Jumping from a great height is a non-wishy-washy way of doing it -- no backing out halfway down. And the aesthetics of that particular bridge are hard to beat.

As for why, who knows? Just because we don't know more doesn't make it likely that the cult killed him.

Paul

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, that is silly. While it might not be beyond the cult to consider offing some huge enemy, and maybe even doing it, why with him? He wasn't about to testify against DM or something, as far as I know. He had no famous TV show etc. Plus, he rented a car to get to the bridge. Did someone force him to drive there at gunpoint?

Personally, while never seriously contemplating actually doing it, I've toyed with the idea of committing suicide (not recently!). Jumping from a great height is a non-wishy-washy way of doing it -- no backing out halfway down. And the aesthetics of that particular bridge are hard to beat.

As for why, who knows? Just because we don't know more doesn't make it likely that the cult killed him.

Paul

I didn't mean to imply by saying "50/50 chance" that that means it was "likely". Fact is, we don't know. But I could see either possibility happening, and even chances of both. Nothing "likely".

Look at what happened with Paulette Cooper. Church operatives tried to encourage her suicide. They do things like that. They are operating off a playbook that has NOT changed, "greatest good", ruin the enemy utterly, etc.

I see nothing silly about pointing out the possibility (not likelihood) that it happened that way.

moontaco

Patron with Honors
Wow - Nancy Cartwright is guzzling that koolaide - no wonder. Steve Brackett's death drove her INTO the cult.

She had been quite solidly entrenched in the cult for years before Brackett died. I suppose it's possible she became even more entrenched afterward, but I haven't heard that.