What's new

Ex or A.R.C. Broken

Pip

Patron with Honors
There's many useful reasons to inform people about the CoS, about some of the negative stuff that has happened to yourself and others, so at the very least it will increase their alertness and possibly increase their ability to defend themselves against some of the deceptive marketing as well as other wrongful practices (should they decide to check it out for themselves)

And since someone reading your website and blog could get interested in Scientology and as a result find themselves inside a CoS I am surprised that you don't see it as "useful" to alert your audience in any way.

Something seems wrong with this picture to me. :ohmy:
What if a friend of yours breaks her leg as a result of hiking a trail that you recommended. She fell into a deep hole that you were fully aware of before but failed to warn her about it as you didn't see it as useful information. What would you would think to yourself? "That was her destiny to break her leg - nothing I could do to alter it".

There is a scripture that says if you take a mad dog by the ear don’t be surprised if it bites you. I have just looked it up – it doesn’t quite say that but that‘s how I have always understood it. Proverbs 26:17.

In all honesty I can only say what my personal experience is, I don’t feel I am in a position to speak for other people.

Jesus tells us that we should not resist evil and I believe this is because it energizes it. What we should do is expose the lies for it is lies on which evil sits. One of the major lies in Scientology is to say soul and spirit are one and the same thing.

Unless one is “born again” what I am saying will not ‘seem right’, but the truth has to be spiritually discerned. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. In your example obviously it would be “useful information” and if anyone becomes interested in Scientology because of me, Iwill make sure their eyes are well open. As indeed is so with several of my friends. The Serenity Prayer comes to mind.

Pip

Patron with Honors
10. Australian Culture
9. Political science
8. Tight slacks
7. Definite maybe
6. Pretty ugly
5. Military Intelligence
4. Diet ice cream
3. Working vacation
2. Resident Alien
1.ChristianScientology

See my avatar, read my blog re oxymoron.

Pip

Patron with Honors
Well, shit, the dumb bitch pulled it in and obviously deserved it! Ron's wondrous "motivator" data at work.

Why warn people of potential dangers at all when knowing & applying Ron's PTS/SP data will render any person immune from accidents? :confused2:

Scientology contains a piece of data and tech for ANY SITUATION! :happydance:

(For the dim-witted and those with a tendency to interpret all things literally, the above is pure sarcasm)

I do believe that Scientology (properly applied) does indeed “contain a piece of data and tech for any situation.

Pip

Patron with Honors
A wonderful list of oxymorons.

Though, number 6 doesn't really fit in, because "pretty" means "somewhat" and not "attractive". But, you make your point well about the absurdity of any such thing as "Christian Scientology". Too many built-in contradictions.

Scientology: Never fear to harm another in a just cause.

Christianity: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Scientology: Always attack.

Christianity: Turn the other cheek.

Scientology: Agree (understand) with us.

Christianity: The truth will set you free.

The list of contradictions between these two is extensive. Please feel free to add your own.

Maybe Pip is a shill working to create the illusion for the C of S that Scientology actually CAN be consistent with "other religions". I really don't think he is, and he (sadly) is probably exactly what he appears to be (highly confused and mired in a sea of significance). And, Scientology has NEVER TRULY been "consistent" with any other belief system (ref: KSW).

But, as Hubbard corrrectly noted, a thetan can entertain ANY significance. In other words, a thetan (person) can, and often does, make sense of total nonsense. It is an "ability" of a thetan/person. Hubbard took great advantage of THAT "ability". Any human mind can create and entertain "realities" that have nothing to do with anything anywhere. There IS a "good side" to that (art, music, fiction, etc.), but there is a "down side" that many fail to notice. And, the demarcation line separating the "real" and "actual" from the imaginary and fictional is vague at best. Hubbard intentionally confused these two realms.

Of course there are too many contradictions between Christianity and Scientology but this is not Christianity AND Scientology, it is ChristianScientology.

Scientology: Never fear to hurt (not harm) another in a just cause. Seems a good stable datum for a dentist.

Christianity: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you – as above.

Scientology: Always attack Please quote source

Christianity: Turn the other cheek – be gentle and wise.

Scientology: What’s true for you is true – reality

Christianity: The truth (not reality) will set you free.

Just one more of my own: Relative truth will set you relatively free
Absolute truth will set you absolutely free.

I had not come across the word ‘shill’ before. I thought what on earth is he talking about, and decided it must be a typo and was meant to be “is still”, but I looked it up and bingo! It now makes sense, so much for the misunderstood word.

No emphatically no! Scientology is not compatible with any other religion. If you read the Bible carefully you will discover that the word Christian was not what the believers in Jesus called themselves. They saw themselves as “followers of the way”. The teachings of Jesus only became a “religion” when Constantine adopted Christianity as the official religion. I am not a Christian, I am a follower of the way. Jesus did not come to start a new religion but to restore a relationship first between you and your heavenly father and then between you and your neighbour. In the Word of God there is no room for confusing the truth with untruth, absolute and relative.

Pip

Patron with Honors
That is an interesting thought, but there've been apocalyptic prophecies and theories for millennia now. I don't incorporate them into my life.

As a non Christian, I suspect I'd have a different theory about what would happen during and after the end of the world than you would...

For me it is about moving from time to eternity, that is the essence of all the great teachers.

Pip

Patron with Honors
Me too. I do not incorporate ANY theories of apocalyptic prophecies into my life. Christian or otherwise. Why bother?

If it is all going to end, and end soon, if you "aren't ready", there isn't much you can now do about it. What I mean is that if the "end" will involve some transformation of us all into some "other dimension", then you current "spiritual state" won't change much between now and then. My advice is to be as generous and compassionate with your time and energy as possible, because in either case, THAT sets you up best, from a "karmic" viewpoint, for any "major changes".

And, if it is all going to end in some huge cataclysm, it will be over pretty fast. You really won't feel much.

Planning for the unknowable is dumb. And, planning in accordance with ARBITRARY BELIEFS about the unknowable is equally dumb. I consider ALL beliefs about "the end" to be arbitrary, and probably incorrect. And, if I am wrong, most likely it won't matter.

I have NEVER accepted the notion that "after the end" I will find myself standing before some "judging God" who will "punish me" for failing to "believe the right ideas".

It’s far more subtle than that, the choice is always before us time or eternity. Since I was in my teens the thought of everlasting life (time) has scared me half to death. Imagine being trapped in time for ever!

Pip

Patron with Honors
:lWasn't there a comedy routine one time where the premise was if one was told to live each day like it's the last before the world ends and the comedian goes, ok, here's what I'd do.

Then he runs around going

AHHHHHHH it's the end of the world!!! OMG!! OMG!!!

:lol:
And why not?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The abuser may not see it that way

Abusers rarely do. (an example would be people who've made rude comments about my monther, husband, personal life and then claim I abuse them.)

But thing is, I don't give abusers the same rights I give others, when it comes to their abuses.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
That is a very lovely remark ITYIWT. What came to mind was “A word in season” I had to look it up, it is Proverbs 15:23.

:giggle:

You mentioned somewhere that finding ESMB was like coming home and it went straight to the heart because that's exactly how I feel about ESMB.

You are completely mad though.

:carryon:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
"....... if anyone becomes interested in Scientology because of me, I will make sure their eyes are well open."

This looks like you're taking Claire's advice to "meet me halfway". :coolwink:

And what you said is just about halfway. :yes:
What you say is fine. The only problem is that someone may become interested in Scientology because of you and you might never know it, unless they contact you directly. They may not. :no: :ohmy:

But I'll take a win on just getting to this point. :)

Last edited:
Pip,

Could you please make you font a little larger. It is almost impossible for me to read your messages.

Oh wait, never mind.

(Just kidding. Please do make it larger. It is difficult to read)

The Anabaptist Jacques

Pip,

Could you please make you font a little larger. It is almost impossible for me to read your messages.

Oh wait, never mind.

(Just kidding. Please do make it larger. It is difficult to read)

The Anabaptist Jacques

Hitting the cntrl key and '+' key simultaneously will often serve to enlarge. Similarly the '-' key can be used to reduce text size. This does not work with graphical objects like .jpg files & .gifs, etc..

I have the same problem you report and use the key combo's to eliminate the difficulty.

Mark A. Baker

Jump

Operating teatime
Hitting the cntrl key and '+' key simultaneously will often serve to enlarge. Similarly the '-' key can be used to reduce text size. This does not work with graphical objects like .jpg files & .gifs, etc..

I have the same problem you report and use the key combo's to eliminate the difficulty.

Mark A. Baker

It does enlarge/reduce graphics in most modern browsers.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Mark A. Baker

Best not to try and hit the two keys simultaneously. Best to "press and hold" the CTRL key, and then press which ever switch keys you are intending. But, yeah, great handy hint. I was really squinting with some of the above posts . . . <sigh> . . . another sign I need to get spectacles.

Gadfly

Crusader
On Attacking

I am too lazy this morning to dig out and dig through my OEC Volumes, but Hubbard states the idea in more than a few places.

I will paraphrase and leave it to others to provide the exact references, though as you have been told before Pip, "Google is your friend". I found these in less than 10 seconds on Google (you can too if you actually wanted to LEARN SOMETHING):

Never Defend Always Attack

Fair Game

Hubbard notions:

Never give the press an audience. Their stories are already written. Attack back at them hard and fast.

Never discuss Scientology with anybody. We have the truth and we need not prove anything to anybody. If they are against us in any way, either as a critic, antagonist or enemy, then go after them with everything you have got. Destroy them.

Make any critic's life a living hell through the use of "noisy investigations" (24 hour private investigators, send loud PIs into critic's places of business to spread lies, etc), overwhelming lawsuits and if you can't find the crimes that we KNOW MUST EXIST, then MAKE UP the crimes.

The above are some of Hubbard's wonderful ideas and dictate standard Scientology practices. They are all outlined in exact LRH policies.

It is strict LRH policy to NOT EVER "talk about Scientology". It is a High Crime (suppressive act) to say ANYTHING less than wonderful about Scientology, Hubbard or any key Scientology officials. In other words, per exact LRH policy, it is MOST DEFINITELY a High Crime for ANY person to say or write ANYTHING bad about David Miscavige. Or the current Church. That is pure LRH! The same guy who provided a spiritual "road to freedom". That people don't have a problem with such horrendous contradictions is somewhat amazing to me.

It is very interesting that within a "religion" (coughing out loud) that plays lip service to the notion that "communication is the universal solvent", that Scientologists are heavily instructed to NEVER DISCUSS ANYTHING ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY. They are ordered to NEVER have a sane conversation about Scientology - other than 1) sending out endless flowery & exaggerated PR, or 2) running manipulative control operations on people (ruin-finding, regging, recruiter, hard sell, ethics handlings, severe R-factors, etc.). As an example I remember back in about 1978 that I was talking to a newbie about Scn, and I was crammed hard for "talking" instead of "handling". "Discussion" has no place in Hubbard's Scientology. Free speech does NOT exist in his world.

Pip

Patron with Honors
Abusers rarely do. (an example would be people who've made rude comments about my monther, husband, personal life and then claim I abuse them.)

But thing is, I don't give abusers the same rights I give others, when it comes to their abuses.

I can understand what you say about not giving abusers the same rights, but I hope that does not mean you love them less, although you may well like them less, dare I say have less ARC for them. A stance I try to take is “if they knew better they would do better”, similar to Jesus saying “Forgive them Father for they know not what they do”.