What's new

Hamburg Symposium 2010 26th-27th

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just wanted to say that this three days were so very important for me.

My wife and me had a wonderful time with all the wonderful people at this Symposium. And we both fell in love with this marvelous city.
We will sure come back to spend some holidays there.
All the speakers are very special intelligent and caring people - it was like meeting old friends. Well Mark and Bruce I knew allready from my trip to California. It was so much fun to talk with all of them in the little breaks between the hard work that was done there. All did a very great job and I hope it will help to bring organized Scientology down.
I had some very tough moments there too but it helped me to fight the beast and I have the feeling that LOVE will win this fight very soon:happydance:

And to the Anons who were there I want to say: I'm so proud that we still have such intelligent, brave and friendly young people in our country who are fighting for our freedom of speech. I hope we can meet again one time too in your wonderful city - and my wife and me are planning to do a journey to the United states to meet all the friends again who we met in Hamburg. We will go buy some shoes in Denver or LA then - right Bruce? ;-)
Just the two of us - it is our turn now:coolwink:
We will not forget to visit Amy and Jesse then and we will be carefull with the current there because we will remember that it is different - isn't it Amy:)
And we found some very nice people from Vienna and Berlin too - so we have our holidays planned for the next three years allready.

Thank you to all the people who managed this great weekend - thank you Ursula and thank you Engelchen :wink2:

Much love and a :bighug: to you all

Markus

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
My wife and me had a wonderful time with all the wonderful people at this Symposium. And we both fell in love with this marvelous city.
We will sure come back to spend some holidays there.
All the speakers are very special intelligent and caring people - it was like meeting old friends. Well Mark and Bruce I knew allready from my trip to California. It was so much fun to talk with all of them in the little breaks between the hard work that was done there. All did a very great job and I hope it will help to bring organized Scientology down.
i had some very tough moments too there but it helped me to fight the beast and I have the feeling that LOVE will win this fight very soon:happydance:

And to the Anons who were there I want to say: I'm so proud that we still have such intelligent, brave and friendly young people in our country who are fighting for our freedom of speech. I hope we can meet again one time too in your wonderful city - and my wife and me are planning to do a journey to the United states to meet all the friends again who we met in Hamburg. We will go buy some shoes in Denver or LA then - right Bruce? ;-)
Just the two of us - it is our turn now:coolwink:
We will not forget to visit Amy and Jesse then and we will be carefull with the current there because we will remember that it is different - isn't it Amy:)
And we found some very nice people from Vienna and Berlin too - so we have our holidays planned for the next three years allready.

Thank you to all the people who managed this great weekend - thank you Ursula and thank you Engelchen :wink2:

Much love and a :bighug: to you all

Markus

Glad you liked it in good old Hamburg. It really is a fun town isn't it? I'm looking forward to your speech and I'm sure it'll be interesting what you and the other German speakers have to say.

Markus

A cup of coffee in Hamburg....

Glad you liked it in good old Hamburg. It really is a fun town isn't it? I'm looking forward to your speech and I'm sure it'll be interesting what you and the other German speakers have to say.

Yes Hamburg is a funtown indeed! Next time we go up there we could meet too. I think I promised you to have some good coffee together.
I'm looking forward to this:happydance:

Love
Markus

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Yes Hamburg is a funtown indeed! Next time we go up there we could meet too. I think I promised you to have some good coffee together.
I'm looking forward to this:happydance:

Love
Markus

I lived in Hamburg for a couple of years, but right now I live about 400 km south of it. (I still consider it "north" Germany, although the "real" northerners say "Everything south of the Elbe is north Italy." :) ) Since it's not too far away from the regular Stuttgart/Hamburg road, (somewhere between Osnabrück and Hannover), you could make a little intermediate stop when on your way from/to Hamburg. Coffee's ready when you are. :)

Since I haven't seen any videos from German speakers yet, will they be in English or German? German would be great, because then I could send them to a bunch of people who don't speak English, without having to wait for a translation or having to translate them.

:coffee: and :morecoffee:

Markus

I lived in Hamburg for a couple of years, but right now I live about 400 km south of it. (I still consider it "north" Germany, although the "real" northerners say "Everything south of the Elbe is north Italy." :) ) Since it's not too far away from the regular Stuttgart/Hamburg road, (somewhere between Osnabrück and Hannover), you could make a little intermediate stop when on your way from/to Hamburg. Coffee's ready when you are. :)

Since I haven't seen any videos from German speakers yet, will they be in English or German? German would be great, because then I could send them to a bunch of people who don't speak English, without having to wait for a translation or having to translate them.

:coffee: and :morecoffee:

As far as I know all the speeches are posted in both languages.

Love
Markus

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I was just about to do that myself.

It seems that Germany has more freedom of speech than the US these days when it comes to discussing the crimes and abuses of the Cult of Scientology. Anderson Cooper, while he produced a very entertaining series of shows, which were informative to the un-initiated, still seemed unwilling to say TOO much that might "get him in trouble" with the Cult of Scientology.

No such back-off exists in Germany.

Thank god.

I especially suggest the videos by Bruce Hines for the full Moaist Re-Education Camp experience that Ronny devised for all of us with his Rehabilitation Project Force.

Here's the youtube channel where all the videos are being stored. There are a LOT of them. (woo-hoo!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/liekmudkip

Many, many thanks to Anonymous Hamburg and Ursula Caberta for sponsoring the Hamburg Symposium.

Germany has clearly learned the lessons of history, and is now very watchful for totalitarian groups like the Nazis and the Cult of Scientology.

We in the United States could grow a pair by learning a thing or two from Germany. :thumbsup:

Markus

Right!

"Many, many thanks to Anonymous Hamburg and Ursula Caberta for sponsoring the Hamburg Symposium.

Germany has clearly learned the lessons of history, and is now very watchful for totalitarian groups like the Nazis the GDR and the Cult of Scientology.

We in the United States could grow a pair by learning a thing or two from Germany. "

Love
Markus

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
"Many, many thanks to Anonymous Hamburg and Ursula Caberta for sponsoring the Hamburg Symposium.

Germany has clearly learned the lessons of history, and is now very watchful for totalitarian groups like the Nazis the GDR and the Cult of Scientology.

We in the United States could grow a pair by learning a thing or two from Germany. "

Love
Markus

Whoops!

See?

Americans are learning already.

janisgrady

Patron
distance for overboards

Maybe what you read what what I heard are two different things. Again clip #2 she says 4 stories down 92 to 95 meters down. I wish I could have some confirmation on this subject from someone else that was there. I love Hana but this is a bit hard for me to believe especially with the bound feet and hands. Yes it was probably 30 to 40 feet that may be about 4 stories.

I watched many overboards from the prom deck looking down on the aft well deck. I do not recall any from the flying bridge nor bridge wing - throwing someone from those locations would be pretty hard, though my brother and Captain Bill were known for diving off the roof of the bridge wing.

As for the overboards, they were standardly done from the Aft well deck. The side doors were opened so one could be easily swung out, away from the ship side into the water. There was 1 1/4 deck levels from where people were thrown from. The well deck was level with B deck, the Tween decks were level with C deck, then about 3 feet of D deck was not under water.
So I would estimate about 10-12 feet. When swimming off the side of the ship,
this is the area we mostly jumped from by climbing over the railing onto the upper rubbing strait.

I never saw anyone tied nor blind folded, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen - I personally did not see it.

I do recall a few people that could not swim wearing life vests, which is stupid
as the vest does not go underwater and would jolt the head when stopping the motion of going underwater. A couple of overboards for those that could not swim were done from the cattle doors which is about 3 feet above the water.

Hope this clarifies the information.

Markus

Thank you.....

I watched many overboards from the prom deck looking down on the aft well deck. I do not recall any from the flying bridge nor bridge wing - throwing someone from those locations would be pretty hard, though my brother and Captain Bill were known for diving off the roof of the bridge wing.

As for the overboards, they were standardly done from the Aft well deck. The side doors were opened so one could be easily swung out, away from the ship side into the water. There was 1 1/4 deck levels from where people were thrown from. The well deck was level with B deck, the Tween decks were level with C deck, then about 3 feet of D deck was not under water.
this is the area we mostly jumped from by climbing over the railing onto the upper rubbing strait.

I never saw anyone tied nor blind folded, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen - I personally did not see it.

I do recall a few people that could not swim wearing life vests, which is stupid
as the vest does not go underwater and would jolt the head when stopping the motion of going underwater. A couple of overboards for those that could not swim were done from the cattle doors which is about 3 feet above the water.

.....for contributing your observations.

Love
Markus

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

Here's a pdf I found with a description of the Apollo decks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2U4E3OXF

Also a couple of links with pictures:
http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/HandWStandards3-BandL.html
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/historical/apollo.html
The lifeboats give a sense of scale.