What's new

I just ran into an active Scn on another message board

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, this is too strange - it's such a small world we live in. I'm on a health message board - natural healing, etc.

Well, one poster wrote something the other day that sounded very much like LRH. I didn't think much of it.

Today she posts that she works as a consultant. OK, could be a fluke, but what's the likelihood that it's not a Scn owned company? I decided to PM her and ask who she works for. Yep, a Scn owned management company. It's possible my 2nd husband worked for the same company for a short time. So, I reply and ask if she's a Scn. She most certainly is. 35 years and going strong. (OK, whatever.)

I let her know that I'm declared and that it's up to her if she still wants to communicate via the message board. We do a lot of quoting on that board, so it nearly becomes a private conversation, even tho it's on the public forum.

Any comments?

I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I just couldn't pretend that I hadn't been one, but knew all about it. I didn't want to get "preached to". But I didn't feel right about her "committing an overt against her group" without her knowledge.

I just popped over to that board to read her latest PM. She wants the skinny. Oh boy, she asked for it. LOL!!! I'll keep you all posted. Maybe she'll be here soon. LOL!!!

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
:yes:

You did the right thing. Natural curiosity led to communication with her. And she will either try to encourage you to come back into the fold, or she may learn a few things. And show-up here. :)

One thing, please be cautious about what you share with her, o.k.? You know who she says she is. But this person may not even be a "she".

Just err on the side of caution, 'k? :thumbsup:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cool!

OK, this is too strange - it's such a small world we live in. I'm on a health message board - natural healing, etc.

Well, one poster wrote something the other day that sounded very much like LRH. I didn't think much of it.

Today she posts that she works as a consultant. OK, could be a fluke, but what's the likelihood that it's not a Scn owned company? I decided to PM her and ask who she works for. Yep, a Scn owned management company. It's possible my 2nd husband worked for the same company for a short time. So, I reply and ask if she's a Scn. She most certainly is. 35 years and going strong. (OK, whatever.)

I let her know that I'm declared and that it's up to her if she still wants to communicate via the message board. We do a lot of quoting on that board, so it nearly becomes a private conversation, even tho it's on the public forum.

Any comments?

I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I just couldn't pretend that I hadn't been one, but knew all about it. I didn't want to get "preached to". But I didn't feel right about her "committing an overt against her group" without her knowledge.

I just popped over to that board to read her latest PM. She wants the skinny. Oh boy, she asked for it. LOL!!! I'll keep you all posted. Maybe she'll be here soon. LOL!!!

:thumbsup: I suggest trying to find out her grade and level beforehand, and bein' a bit selective about dumpin' the "skinny" on her! :coolwink:

EP...(another ESMB'r...) :confused2: :yes:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow ImOut! I just popped in here between laundry loads and saw your post. This could be really fun! Can't wait to hear about it :)

You did the right thing to let her know your status -- can't accuse you of being "fabian" (hee hee, got to use my new vocab word!) :dance:. I'm sure she's suprised already that you aren't insane and that you haven't caved in because of your overts agains the COS! And what's she going to think when she finds out you're nice and you can communicate?! Her head's probably already spinning! :dizzy:

Have fun!
-TL

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
:yes:

You did the right thing. Natural curiosity led to communication with her. And she will either try to encourage you to come back into the fold, or she may learn a few things. And show-up here. :)

One thing, please be cautious about what you share with her, o.k.? You know who she says she is. But this person may not even be a "she".

Just err on the side of caution, 'k? :thumbsup:

I already searched the Scn completions list. I know "who" she is, more than she knows who I am. And the funny thing is, I only had a first name to go by to find her on the completion list. Pat myself on the back for such great detective work. LOL!!!

So far she's only gotten the short version - altered tech, shitty auditing. Not the deep down dirt. Don't want to overwhelm the poor girl. Besides, I thinks she's on OT VII.

Wisened One

Crusader
:thumbsup: I suggest trying to find out her grade and level beforehand, and bein' a bit selective about dumpin' the "skinny" on her! :coolwink: EP...(another ESMB'r...) :confused2: :yes:

I agree, feel her out more before giving her too much info (just mho tho).

But regardless, EMAIL me what goes on, k? :drama:

Oh goody, hopefully this will last the next day or 2...:p

Wisened One

Crusader
I already searched the Scn completions list. I know "who" she is, more than she knows who I am. And the funny thing is, I only had a first name to go by to find her on the completion list. Pat myself on the back for such great detective work. LOL!!!

So far she's only gotten the short version - altered tech, shitty auditing. Not the deep down dirt. Don't want to overwhelm the poor girl. Besides, I thinks she's on OT VII.

Cool work, ImOut! I love doing detective work like that! :thumbsup:

Cool on what ya told her so far....she'll probably chalk it all up to you left scn cuz of bein' arcx'd. :eyeroll: And offer to 'fix' ya or some such crap.

How long have ya posted with her before this new development? It'll be interesting to see how her manner may change (or not)...

Keep us updated! (via email to me once the board goes down).

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cool work, ImOut! I love doing detective work like that! :thumbsup:

Cool on what ya told her so far....she'll probably chalk it all up to you left scn cuz of bein' arcx'd. :eyeroll: And offer to 'fix' ya or some such crap.

How long have ya posted with her before this new development? It'll be interesting to see how her manner may change (or not)...

Keep us updated! (via email to me once the board goes down).

Yea, or try to sell you the new basics!!:duh:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow ImOut! I just popped in here between laundry loads and saw your post. This could be really fun! Can't wait to hear about it :)

You did the right thing to let her know your status -- can't accuse you of being "fabian" (hee hee, got to use my new vocab word!) :dance:. I'm sure she's suprised already that you aren't insane and that you haven't caved in because of your overts agains the COS! And what's she going to think when she finds out you're nice and you can communicate?! Her head's probably already spinning! :dizzy:

Have fun!
-TL

Her response was that she "knows my declare is BS, because I'm too uptone and in comm to be an SP". She already got it. She's a wild gal and I really like her. And she writes some very funny stories - we have a laugh section on that board and she's sharing her adventures in dating with us. I nearly piss myself when reading them. LOL!!!

klidov

See my response to Klidov.

very good investigative work!:thumbsup:

btw-I didn't mean to imply anything. It was only a month (or so) ago a newbie (who wanted to remain nameless) had her Husband called at work.

The Husband did not know she belonged to ESMB & was asking questions.

So, good intentions behind the word(s) of caution...

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Me too!

I agree, feel her out more before giving her too much info (just mho tho).

But regardless, EMAIL me what goes on, k? :drama:

Oh goody, hopefully this will last the next day or 2...:p

Hey Michelle - you have my e-mail. Feel free to share it and please cc me too willya?

And hey, Feral's "Christmas Letter" might be the ticket! :confused2:

Love,

Mike

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Latest update: she has NOT responded to my short version of why I left. We'll see what she has to say. She does have my ex-husband's name and she knows I was really good friends with one particular gal where she lives. This is the other strange part - I used to live where she lives and don't think I ever met her. But, as I've said before, my claim to fame while in Scn, was NOT knowing anyone. LOL!!!

OSA won't be bothering me. I've so outted myself with my story. And if they harass her, maybe she'll get a clue. LOL!!!

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thought...

Latest update: she has NOT responded to my short version of why I left. We'll see what she has to say. She does have my ex-husband's name and she knows I was really good friends with one particular gal where she lives. This is the other strange part - I used to live where she lives and don't think I ever met her. But, as I've said before, my claim to fame while in Scn, was NOT knowing anyone. LOL!!!

OSA won't be bothering me. I've so outted myself with my story. And if they harass her, maybe she'll get a clue. LOL!!!

If ya wanna use Feral's "Christmas Letter" maybe you should grab a copy and save it somewhere in case the board disappears on us...

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
If ya wanna use Feral's "Christmas Letter" maybe you should grab a copy and save it somewhere in case the board disappears on us...

I have my own story to share. I think I'll be fine. But I'm not PMing her with my story - it's too long. Also, the only email address I have for her is her work email. Certainly not sending my story there. LOL!!!

Thanks for the idea, tho.

31 minutes since I responded to her. Still counting down. LOL!!!

Just checked that board - she's apparently still on line. This suspense is killing me. LOL!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep, she was offering herself as my terminal to get my Declare lifted. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry, my declare is my badge of honor. Ain't no one taking that away from me. LOL!!!

I let it rip - not too much information. Just some truths that she can't see. I'll probably get the "nice to know you" PM shortly.

I'll catch everyone up when the board is back up in a day or two. I'd post our PMs here, but I don't want to give away too much data to OSA about who she is.

klidov

Yep, she was offering herself as my terminal to get my Declare lifted. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry, my declare is my badge of honor. Ain't no one taking that away from me. LOL!!!

I let it rip - not too much information. Just some truths that she can't see. I'll probably get the "nice to know you" PM shortly.

I'll catch everyone up when the board is back up in a day or two. I'd post our PMs here, but I don't want to give away too much data to OSA about who she is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: