What's new

I just ran into an active Scn on another message board

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
You've done a great job IO -- regardless of how it turns out. When it comes down to it we can only offer the 'out' but if a person really doesn't want it, that's their problem.

You can lead a horse to water...

HAB

Thanks, HA.

She knows how to find me, if she wants data. But I don't get that she wants any. She didn't have a single comment on "altered tech", etc. Oh, well, as she said - Live and let live.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
ImOut you've planted the seed.

This will all rattle around in her brain. After the first seed was planted with me it took me 2 years to take any action at all. I had to get to the point where I could confront the idea that all may not be well with Scientology.

The advantage here is that she knows you're no SP; you're already friends. And she will have to notice how stupid it is if the COS tells her that she can't be in comm with you. And you're right, it would be very difficult to explain how the COS dictates who she can be friends with.:eyeroll:

I agree about the karma thing. And anyway, you should be able to communicate with anyone on any subject, right? :wink2:

Good job!
-TL

That was the EP of whatever grade - ability to communicate with anybody about any subject - or however it's worded. LOL!!!

I don't fit the definition of SP, even tho the CofS deems I am one. LOL!!!

It was a fun adventure yesterday. And I'm all for fun adventures. LOL!!!

Wisened One

Crusader
And wouldn't that be a strange explanation - well, you see, Kathy is a Declared SP, and I'm still active in her prior church and so I can't talk to her anymore, due to the rules of the church. I'd love to see her explain Declared SP and the rules of Scn. LOL!!!

:hysterical: THIS is a perfect example of the LIES that Tommy Davis, etc have said to the Media/the non-scn world about disconnection! See? :laugh:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love these stories

Now let's hope she makes the connection to Hubbard making rules about declaring people for silly reasons. :D

Well done!!

airhead

Patron with Honors
Did you give her any thinks, I mean, links?

Possibly, if you wish to start her "chain of deconversion", a good tactic might be to pique her curiosity about something and give links.

Maybe, if she's health conscious, tell her that LRH's death was not the nice fairy tale that the Church tells. Tell her that LRH died with a psychiatric drug inside him, and give her a couple of links.

Just thinking...

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Imout is doing a great job. The Scientologist has already admitted the justice system is broken in the church.
Going to Hubbard has to be done with great care. In fact it's better to let them find that stuff out on their own.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron

Possibly, if you wish to start her "chain of deconversion", a good tactic might be to pique her curiosity about something and give links.

Maybe, if she's health conscious, tell her that LRH's death was not the nice fairy tale that the Church tells. Tell her that LRH died with a psychiatric drug inside him, and give her a couple of links.

Just thinking...

No. She's not pushing to recover me. I'm not pushing to uncover the truths. She will or will not realize in her own time. Not for me to do. Otherwise she can pull the reverse on me.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Imout is doing a great job. The Scientologist has already admitted the justice system is broken in the church.
Going to Hubbard has to be done with great care. In fact it's better to let them find that stuff out on their own.

Thank you. And exactly!

Feral

Rogue male
On the subject of liberation

Just thinking...

I would never start there. LRH and the tech are NOT the first area to get a scio to look at. It is a very touchy area. You would never get a Christian to question their faith by telling them God was a bastard, would you?

The lies told by current management, abuses within the SO, lack of 10,000,000 scios or the lack of books in the libraries and of course the questionable state of 'justice' tech.

These are the first areas a person can look at, if you approach people like that with respect and love you will kick far more goals than you could believe!

Herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J0kJKPOc74

airhead

Patron with Honors
I would never start there. LRH and the tech are NOT the first area to get a scio to look at. It is a very touchy area. You would never get a Christian to question their faith by telling them God was a bastard, would you?

The lies told by current management, abuses within the SO, lack of 10,000,000 scios or the lack of books in the libraries and of course the questionable state of 'justice' tech.

These are the first areas a person can look at, if you approach people like that with respect and love you will kick far more goals than you could believe!

Herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J0kJKPOc74

Cool video!!

Hmmmm, well, I'm kinda new to this. :duh: I'll definitely keep this in mind for when I'm next having that kind of conversation.

The coroner's report was the link that broke the final straw for me, but then, that was just me. :eyeroll:

Terril park

Sponsor
No. She's not pushing to recover me. I'm not pushing to uncover the truths. She will or will not realize in her own time. Not for me to do. Otherwise she can pull the reverse on me.

I think that's the most effective strategy.

Seeds have been planted.

Heavy regging is a no-no yes?

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors

Exactumondo!!!

Like Terril and Feral (that rhymes) pointed out, it's a delicate matter and the seeds have been planted -- that's a big step.

When I was still "in" and angry with church out-points, seeing just a peek of 'real stuff' about LRH made me feel sick. It would have been like if Elvis wasn't really the King! I'd be all shook up...

Your doing great IO!

HAB

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactumondo!!!

Like Terril and Feral (that rhymes) pointed out, it's a delicate matter and the seeds have been planted -- that's a big step.

When I was still "in" and angry with church out-points, seeing just a peek of 'real stuff' about LRH made me feel sick. It would have been like if Elvis wasn't really the King! I'd be all shook up...

Your doing great IO!

HAB

Thanks, HA.

I mentioned altered tech, didn't want OSA hassling me for leaving, and horrible auditing after GAT.

She said she was "intrigued". So, she'll bite when she's ready and not a moment before.

At this point - it's not an issue - we're staying friends, per her and we'll see where it goes from there. And that's all I can do.

End of story.

No more to discuss.

I appreciate all the kudos.

I really only started this thread because I was so shocked. :omg: I truly never expected to run into a Scn on any message board. But since I've been on quite a few over the years, I was prepared - pretty much knew I'd "confess" to being a Declared SP. (Hell, I'm proud of my Declare. LOL!!!) As stated before - I so don't want bad Karma by keeping that to myself and the person committing an overt because they didn't know. I may not agree or believe, but I can respect that someone else still does and that they have rules to live by. And bad Karma scares the crap out of me. LOL!!!

If anything new comes up - such as her asking me where to look on the internet for the "truth", I'll be sure to let you all know. If she stops responding to my posts, I'll let you all know.

At this point, there is nothing new to report.

Thank you, again, for all your support.