What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two Explains Buddhism

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Milestone Two Explains Buddhism.

With regard to the NOTE highlighted below, is its purpose to defend against a charge of other practices?

Milestone Two: Going Clear and beyond

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/going-clear-and-beyond/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Posted by Lana M.

October 19, 2015

by Jim Logan

Along with studying the St. Hill Special Briefing Course tapes and materials, I have been studying various “data of comparable magnitude” (see NOTE below) including now, Buddhist texts. One body of work, the Abhidamma (translated variously as “abhi” – higher, about, and “dhamma/dharma” – basic truths, phenomena, ideas, data*), has extensive descriptions of the “citta” – the mind and goes to great lengths to delineate the many discrete moments of thinking or being conscious of some object, either mental or physical.

Within this particular Abhidamma recension **, there is posited a sort of basic consciousness that runs along more or less continually that is conscious of existence as it is manifested, what can be described in Scientology in the Axioms as the first few actions of beingness in putting out points to view eg., bringing about a “duality” of view point and dimension point and subsequently establishing the continuous awareness of things to experience in the universe thus created and agreed upon that is available as the “time-track”. In 8-80 Ron describes this as follows:

“Life is a static, according to the Axioms. A static has no motion. It has no wave length. The proofs and details of this are elsewhere in Scientology.

“This static has the peculiarity of acting as a “mirror”. It records and holds the images of motion. It even can create motion and record and hold the image of that. It records also space and time in order to record motion which is, after all, only “change in space through time”. Played against motion as a kinetic, the static can produce live energy.

“In a mind, any mind, the basic beingness is found to be a static on which motion can be recorded, and which, acting against motion, produces energy.

“A memory is a recording of the physical universe. It contains—any memory—a time index (when it happened) and a pattern of motion. As a lake reflects the trees and moving clouds, so does a memory reflect the physical universe. Sight, sound, pain, emotion, effort, conclusions, and many other things are recorded in this static for any given instant of observation.

“Such a memory we call a “facsimile”. The mind, examining a facsimile it has made, can see it, feel it, hear it, re-experience the pain in it, the effort, the emotion.

“There are billions of facsimiles available to any mind. Billions of billions. These facsimiles can be brought into present time by the environment, and “unseen” or “unknown” by the awareness of awareness of the mind, can reimpress their pains, efforts, and aberrations upon the being, thus making one less liable to survive. All unknowingnesses, confusions, aberrations, psychosomatic ills are traceable to facsimiles.

“One believes he can use any facsimile he has ever received. He has been hurt. He uses the facsimile of being hurt to hurt another. But since one survives as well as everything else survives, to hurt another is wrong. One regrets the injury, seeking to turn back time (which is regret). Thus the facsimile he used becomes interlocked with his facsimile of trying to use it and both facsimiles “hang up” and travel with present time. One even gets the pain he seeks to inflict on another, this being the action against him of the facsimile he sought to give, by action, to another. It startles the preclear, when run through a boyhood fight, wherein he hit another boy in the eye, to feel the pain in his own eye at the instant of the blow. And so it is with all inflicted injuries.

“This is a simple matter of the interaction of the pictures of energy.”

In the Buddhist materials there are mental “fabrications” described by the term “sankhara” (Pali and samskhara in Sanskrit. From “sam” prefix meaning “with, together” and krti – construct, make i.e., “put together” or “formations/constructions”). These “fabrications”, aside from the ones made as in a facsimile of one type or another, are the various fabrications that fabricate as well. These, both aspects, are the items including automaticities, valences, circuits, ridges, mental MEST, pictures, facsimiles, machinery of the mind, that behind-the-thetan-shoulder little “deposit” made up to let one know if they are being attacked by weevils, etcetera. You have sankhara that make up stuff, record stuff, perceive stuff that is made up to perceive (eg. A tree is a fabrication and there are fabrications (senses) made up to perceive the tree). Dianetically/Scientologically speaking – the various things a thetan creates either individually or in agreement that are there to experience as well as the means to experience them including all the pictures and machinery that sum up to the various aspects of “mind”.

Aside from the “basic consciousness” and its running record, in the Buddhist theory there are other categories of consciousness that are defined in relationship to their operations as a being goes along involved with its created life. These different aspects of the consciousness/mind/thinking come up in a sequence of “thought moments” which is described in detail with so many “thought moments” at this stage and so many at that, all being concerned with the awareness and consideration/mind-ing of some thing one is “mind-ing” such as an object, circumstance and so on. That is, the moment to moment activity of the mind as it senses and computes existence either objectively or subjectively.

Part of the sequence of moments of thinking is described by a term “javana” (derived from “impel” – go forward, push out – and described as “running swiftly”, that is, these moments go by pretty quick). These moments come after the object has been discerned and determined as some particular thing and are the moments when an “impulse” (a postulate/consideration) towards the item is made. Those impulses can be “good” or “bad”. That is, in Buddhist terms, one can have a good thought about the item (it’s nice, it’s beautiful, etc.) or a bad impulse such as hatred, anger, ill-will and so on. These are patterned-response impulses. Earlier postulates about something become fixed as “seeds of habit-energy”, that is, consideration or continuing postulates, held down 5’s in the computer, fixed ideas in the mind, etc.

In Dianetics/Scientology terms; a being experiences an occurrence and records it as a mental image picture as part of the time track. Those experiences that are impactful, that is, engrams, contain all perceptics of the incident as well as decisions, postulates, considerations that are part of the recording and reside as re-creatable “stores of energy”. Secondary Engrams are intense emotional incidents and also contain decisions, postulates or restimulate earlier ones, as do locks. One behaves according to these recorded pictures, by decision, by postulate and dramatizes earlier conclusions (fixed as patterns of energy) that are not applicable to the present circumstance in lieu of present-time observation and a direct view of is-ness.

(Note: This last is another category of javana that a being who is well advanced on the road to enlightenment has which is a calm equanimity toward the thing but there is no added idea or consideration from some past. He looks at it as it is. One could say he’s at “Lookingness” or higher on the Not-Know to Mystery Scale. It is also interesting to note that Not-Know as the First Postulate is indicated in the Buddhist theories as “ignorance”. Taking some license, one such scale might be described as the Ignorance to Mud scale, or, translated using the Scientology one, the entire series of steps from Native State, through Not-Know (“ignorance”) as the First Postulate to the Second Postulate of Know giving a “duality” and to gain persistence, all the way down to Mystery).

The materials of the Abhidamma concerning the manifestations of mind are a compendium of the Buddhist theory of consciousness and the sundry creations and operations of mind. An important aspect of the work is towards gaining cause over mind, liberation and an exteriorization from the stimulus-response characteristics of an “effect” sort of life and living. A realization and being cause/source as essence of mind and all of its manifestations. (In some schools the aim of return to Native State, that is, no contact, no ARC, no extended points to view, thus no view point, no game, thus no mind to pose and resolve problems, no particles put out so no need to know of them via perception, etc.)

“A very cursory glance at the Dharma discovers that it embraces these facts.

‘All that we are is the result of what we have thought; it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts.’ ‘By oneself evil is done; by oneself one suffers; by oneself evil is left undone; by oneself one is purified. Purity and impurity belong to oneself; no one can purify another.’ ‘You yourself must make an effort; the Buddhas are only preachers. The thoughtful who enter the way are freed from the bondage of sin.’ ‘He who does not rouse himself when it is time to rise, who, though young and strong, is full of sloth, whose will and thoughts are weak, that lazy and idle man will never find the way to enlightenment.’ ‘Strenuousness is the path of immortality, sloth the path of death. Those who are strenuous do not die; those who are slothful are as if dead already.’” LRH, Professional Auditors Bulletin 32 ***

From Advanced Procedure and Axioms under Self-Determinism Processing:

“Each and every aberration of the human mind and the human body has an initial postulate to be so aberrated. Engrams are effective only when the individual himself determines that they will be effective.”

The Definition of Clear: A being who no longer has his own reactive mind. Clear is a state of being and as is obvious from the Buddhist texts that are more or less some 2,500 years old it has been an aim of beings on Earth alone, for quite some time.

Discoveries by Ron Hubbard, keen insights, evaluations of importances, the establishing of the various points where the time-track gets charged up, snaggled, obscured, the resolution of the various factors that result in not only aberration, but the mind itself, and the developing and refining of a technology of application of principles all make the attainment of the state of Clear a reality for beings.

We are rich in knowledge and have a positive methodology to attain the goals of so many, including ourselves.

Finally, it is also interesting to remark that both Siddhartha and Ron Hubbard stated that it is not enough to practice the “dhyana” (the various stages, ways of “looking/knowing” ) or get auditing but one must study the materials and understand the subjects, that is, get trained and audit others, to make a complete Bridge to the Ultimate Realms. Fit “study time” into your schedule along with getting in sessions, making a life, creating and managing the household, mixing in compost for the garden, fly-fishing for trout, painting, getting the DVD and postulating time to watch Season 5 of Game of Thrones, climbing Everest or K2 for the really adventurous and all the other stuff one may do while living.

As a hat tip and small token of admiration and humble appreciation- in- emulation to ancient rishis (“poet sages” who composed the Vedas), a hymn for my fellow Scientologists:

Study, audit, get auditing,

Learn, know, with certainty,

Be, free.

Uncover your Buddha-nature,

Mind-Essence,

Static,

The Ultimate Truth.

Go Clear, regain OT,

Know you,

Without valence,

And again,

Be, free.

FOOTNOTES:

*Dhamma (Pali)/dharma (Sanskrit) derived from Sanskrit “dhr” – hold, keep, maintain – “what is established”, hence “law”, has various meanings depending on context and ranging from an entire body of knowledge to a specific datum or phenomena. If one looks at the Logics 1-4 defining what is knowledge these meanings apply to “dhamma/dharma”.

LOGIC 1. KNOWLEDGE IS A WHOLE GROUP OR SUB-DIVISION OF A GROUP OF DATA OR SPECULATIONS OR CONCLUSIONS ON DATA OR METHODS OF GAINING DATA.

LOGIC 2. A BODY OF KNOWLEDGE IS A BODY OF DATA, ALIGNED OR UNALIGNED, OR METHODS OF GAINING DATA.

LOGIC 3. ANY KNOWLEDGE WHICH CAN BE SENSED, MEASURED OR EXPERIENCED BY ANY ENTITY IS CAPABLE OF INFLUENCING THAT ENTITY.

COROLLARY – THAT KNOWLEDGE WHICH CANNOT BE SENSED, MEASURED OR EXPERIENCED BY ANY ENTITY OR TYPE OF ENTITY CANNOT INFLUENCE THAT ENTITY OR TYPE OF ENTITY.

LOGIC 4. A DATUM IS A FACSIMILE OF STATES OF BEING, STATES OF NOT BEING, ACTIONS OR INACTIONS, CONCLUSIONS, OR SUPPOSITIONS IN THE PHYSICAL OR ANY OTHER UNIVERSE.

** Buddhist texts are voluminous and different branches of the overall religion have different canons. I am referring in this instance to a section of the Abhidamma of the Pali Canon which is one collection of materials. This part of the texts, the Abhidamma (Pali spelling of dharma), is an example of exegetical commentary on what are considered the words of the Buddha. Since Siddhartha, the Buddha, didn’t actually write down any of his words they were carried on in an oral tradition and eventually compilations of the oral materials were put in writing. This leads to differences, some small, some significant, in both the written words and especially in the interpretations and commentarial additions to the store of knowledge, among the many schools of thought within Buddhism.

*** various quotes from various Buddhist texts, taken from Professional Auditor’s Bulletin 32, 7 August 1954.

NOTE: My own personal reason for studying these subjects of comparable magnitude and at this time the Vedas, Upanishads, the various Buddhist texts, is based on the idea of “data of comparable magnitude” and the evaluation of things as described in the materials of Scientology. Also, L. Ron Hubbard in many places acknowledges the wisdom he gleaned from these same bodies of knowledge. One place in particular is in a 3 June1955 taped lecture, The Hope of Man, (published as an Ability mag article in June 55 and available in the 91 Tech Vol III) where in reference to the sages of the east he states:

“Don’t think for a moment that when I put together Dianetics I was not completely aware of practically everything any one of these men said in his own district and on his own home ground. If I had not had that information we would never have had Dianetics. But, what did I, a Western engineer, do? I said, ‘Well, these men are too sold on the spiritual side of life, they’re overboard. Nothing practical. We want everything workable. We want wheels. We want cogwheels.We want a standard procedure by which we can take a look at somebody on a couch and say, ‘Zip, zip, rip!’’. I was persuaded into this to some degree by my engineering friends-to some degree.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh my good lord - Jesus christ , buddha Sakyamuni :nervous:

Posted by Lana M.

October 19, 2015

by Jim Logan

Snip all the mental agitation to attempt to make sens of $cientology mindfuck with ancient oriental wisdom tradition

As a hat tip and small token of admiration and humble appreciation- in- emulation to ancient rishis (“poet sages” who composed the Vedas), a hymn for my fellow Scientologists:

Study, audit, get auditing,

Learn, know, with certainty,

Be, free.

Uncover your Buddha-nature,

Mind-Essence,

Static,

The Ultimate Truth.

Go Clear, regain OT,

Know you,

Without valence,

And again,

Be, free.

Circa 1955
Hymns of Asia

Circa 2015
Hymns for my fellow $cientologists

LRH get out of this body! :roflmao:
:omg:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Seriously Jim Logan attempt to make $cientology ''IN'' with ancient buddhism wisdom tradition is a fail.

1) None of his pseudo-teachings can be proofed with even 1 of the 4 dharma sceals to ensure the genuiness of teachings.

Attempt to grasp with his own mental\intellect the written teachings to get the essence of buddhism - not at tall the path to enlightment!

True essence of buddhism is not in it's writings - they are only poems and pieces of wisdom to help the seeker on his\her path.

The true essence of buddhism sits in one's dedication in meditation practice to the mindfulness meditation - in order to end ignorance and suffering - nothing else
One could find the enlightment in a cave, without any book\teaching writings - Many did

The nature of mind, per buddhism, can only be grasp with hours of meditation which allows one to become an observer of it's mind and be enlightened about it's true nature. Seing the true nature of the mind is the key component of buddhism way to end suffering. There is none concept of knowledge , truth neither power or cause - such thought are ego creation - to the opposite the true nature doesn't seek anything - as when the being reach moment of awareness, there is the realization that everything is fine here and now - even pain doen't morph into suffering.

While browsing writingg from people here, I am certain many have reached those moments and are living there life according to these simple beautiful encountering with their true nature, I can see it while they forgive and grew a tremendous amount of patience and empathy despite the harm that the cult had done to them. They are teachers by their example and I am learning the same essence of buddhism (reaching our true nature) from them, including the jokers and degraders

I've received teachings of many , including the Dalai-Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh, Lama Neten Rimpoché, Lama Sogyal Rimpoché, ( Since me pretty much got what they they talk about.. you can imagine it doesn't take that much of brain...)
Also the esotheric tantric initiations to the buddhas
Studied basic sutras
and never ever got a teaching that would ressemble what he is talking about.
IMHO, It doesn't make sens and way too much complicate to even approach a piece of any ancient wisdom :confused2:

And after all those years of meditations, and studies, I still am stupid, have no wisdom, no power, no knowledge, don't have a clue about truth.....My knowledge of life is less than before...I only know that I know just a very little..

but Jim does get it with just a few readings ????

:grouch:

I'll ask for a refund, as the bodhisattvas will!
:p

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I'd bet a 100$ bill that someone (I wont name here)
won't resist to publish very soon, his own hymns :unsure:
(jealousy)

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Jim Logan says:
October 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Paul,
The more “commentaries” and “interpretations” of the basic Buddhist texts, the more I can see the MUs on guys proliferating all sorts of odd ideas about “mind-essence”. It is just a dang Static after all, but that’s a tough one for a number of beings it would appear.

In Scientology we have a Bridge, bagloads of processes, all kinds of tech, to help raise the awareness levels, peel off the “defilements” and alas, sometimes soon, sometimes after a long while…

:blush:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
October 21, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Metteya/ Maitreya – I suggest you look this up online and in this case Wikipedia seems to be pretty straight about it, with other refs given.

The difference between Gautama “the” Buddha/Siddhartha and “a” Buddha is made clear. Buddhas is a more apt description for “Buddha”.

Jim Logan says:
Add in the def of Bodhisattva. One whose essence is bodhi – enlightenment. These refs, the one on Metteya/Maitreya and the meanings of these terms, Buddha, Bodhi, Bodhisattva, etc., minimally are needed to a grasp of the significance of A Hymn of Asia.

Buddha Sakyamuni embracing earth???
buddha-light-of-earth.jpg

Lord Metteya , embracing earth ????

lronhubbard_globe.jpg

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
After all that studying of Scientology and Buddhism he still holds onto this vital piece of information:

"The Definition of Clear: A being who no longer has his own reactive mind."

As most of us know, this is a completely meaningless piece of made-up nonsense that doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever yet some people still can't see it.:duh:

stanczyk

Patron
Has nobody seen this little gem buried in the comments under that post?

"I can say, with confidence and a lifetime of interest, study and participation in the world of “poetry” as it has existed here on Earth that: Hymn Of Asia is the single most skilled, aesthetic, important spiritual, poetic work to have been written, to date."

Milestone Two; batshit crazy but endlessly entertaining.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got two paragraphs into the OP and found myself lost in flowery obfuscation of the type that Hubbard favoured.:duh:

I fear Mr. (or should I say "Guru") Logan has disappeared up His own fundament in search of "enlightenment a la Hubbard.":screwy:

Does this mean that Millstone Too will offer "Levels of Nirvanha" comparable to Capt'n Bill's Excalibur stuff and nonsense?:roflmao:

Jump

Operating teatime

"I can say, with confidence and a lifetime of interest, study and participation in the world of “poetry” as it has existed here on Earth that: Hymn Of Asia is the single most skilled, aesthetic, important spiritual, poetic work to have been written, to date."

GoogleTranslate: Scio TO English...

I have no fricken idea, but listen to the confidence I can muster with these here TRs...
I read a few poems on this planet and I wish to assert that I am in awe of everything my erstwhile cult leader ever did. If Mr Sherman could come up with a greater superlative I would use it immediately to avoid risk of being declared.
ML

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey, don't knock it, this is progress for Jim Logan. The first step out of the "Hubbard is all-knowing" paradigm is to look at other stuff and compare, even if it is done from the viewpoint of how clever Hubbard is and how limited everyone else is. At least there is the possibility of other ideas sneaking through the fences. It takes a while, and some never get there.

I still have hopes for Lana. Maybe when her kids grow up a bit and start looking for themselves, and they have a few "But mom . . ." conversations. What's she going to do: disconnect from them?

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I would like to post 2 things at this time, on this planet:

1. The OP is hideous. Just..........hideous. A perfect balance of (mental) mass and insignificance.

2. I read Jim Logan's "comment" on the Milestone Two website:

Jim Logan says:
October 20, 2015 at 11:39 am
Right now I’m reading about the Buddhist description of “symbols” on the Not-Know to Mystery Scale. The tendency to assign significance and then hyper-associate with a proliferation of this means that, this is connected to that with the mind run amok in associative symbolism to the point of overwhelming the “worldling” and leaving them in a befuddled labyrinthine mess, walking around going “wog, wog, wog” in unintelligible gibberings.

This is an absolutely perfect example of Scientology. Mind-numbingly effete spiritual pretense and lecturing by means of mind/word fuckery.

On the positive side, the last two words of his post brought me profound relief.

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Independent Scientology Milestone Two Explains Buddhism.
Along with studying the St. Hill Special Briefing Course tapes and materials, I have been studying various “data of comparable magnitude” (see NOTE below) including now, Buddhist texts. One body of work, the Abhidamma (translated variously as “abhi” – higher, about, and “dhamma/dharma” – basic truths, phenomena, ideas, data*), has extensive descriptions of the “citta” – the mind and goes to great lengths to delineate the many discrete moments of thinking or being conscious of some object, either mental or physical.

<snip>

Seriously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yuoLkVG_c

Veda

Sponsor

Looks like Milestone Two, Lana, and Jim Logan are going a bit squirrelly.

That's a good sign.

It's not likely that Hubbard ever seriously studied Buddhism or practiced meditation. His preferred "tech" was hypnosis, of others and also self-hypnosis. He also engaged in "rising above the bank" with an assortment of psychoactive substances, most notably amphetamines and rum.

2i8kdtw-jpg.85226

In 1954, Hubbard had spoken publicly, respectfully, of Buddhism, and even of Taoism, and also of the Vedas.

He wanted to show that Scientology followed in the long tradition of these subjects, and even briefly spoke positively of Christianity. The 1954 'Creation of Human Ability' book opens with a quote from St. Luke of the Bible.

However, during the 1954 Phoenix Lectures, Hubbard couldn't resist depicting himself as being responsible (by implication) for the arrival of the Vedas on Earth, and at a much earlier date than usually recognized:

"It does happen that there are a set of [Vedic] hymns which as I recall were introduced into the societies of earth in about 8212 BC."

The next year, Hubbard wrote The 'Hymn of Asia', where he depicted himself as the re-incarnated Buddha. Seems as though not only did Hubbard originally bring this knowledge to Earth "in about 8212 BC," he also, as Gautama Buddha, continued to develop it and popularize it. However, such gloating and boasting was not meant for the "homo saps," as Hubbard called them, but for the "homo novis," the Scientologists, who were to regard it as special, whispered, inside information, meant only for the "elite of the elite" of Earth - namely themselves. In other words, while gratefully beholding the wonderfulness of Hubbard, Scientologists were allowed to respectfully participate in Hubbard's ego-bloat.

During 1955, Hubbard not only wrote his (meant for Scientologists' eyes only) "ruin utterly" and "always attack" 'Manual on Dissemination of Material'; he also wrote the fraudulent 'Russian Textbook on Psycho-politics' where he depicted Scientology as a target of the Russian Communists; and, also wrote the 'Hymn of Asia', where he depicted himself as the reincarnated Buddha.

It was quite a productive year.

By 1961, however, in a lecture (23 June 1961), Hubbard denounced Buddhism as a control mechanism devoted to keeping people quiet.

"And of course, how quiet can you get? Dead. And you just might say, it's a covert effort to kill everybody off," Hubbard told the Scientologists.

Yet, there was a back and forth on this, as Hubbard, when emphasizing his "religion angle," would abruptly mellow on ("wog") religions and become appropriately tolerant of them - when it suited his purposes.

Meanwhile, the 'Hymn of Asia' collected dust in a file cabinet or in a box somewhere, until, in the mid 1970s, it was revived and published.

An 'Advance!' magazine cover from 1974:

advance0026000.jpg

I can be addressed
But in our temples best
Address me and you address
Lord Buddha.
Address Lord Buddha
And you then address
Metteyya.

521253047.0.m.jpg

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Hymn of Asia'

As with his predecessor Crowley, Hubbard had expressed some critical views of Buddhism. The last was during the Dianetic Clear frenzy of the late 1970s/early 1980s, when some Scientologists, certain that they had "gone Clear" as disciples of the Buddha (of course, believing Hubbard to have been Buddha, thus making it OK), were rebuffed by Hubbard when he told them, in no uncertain terms, that one "does not go Clear by garbage eating," i.e. by being Buddhist monks (with begging bowls.)

The poor Scientologists. It's not easy being a Scientologist and being at the mercy of the whims of "Source."

Looking beneath Hubbard's various expressions of the religious cloaking PR, prior to his activation of the "religion angle," one finds Hubbard speaking to nascent Scientologists during the 1952 Philadelphia Doctorate Course:

"Our whole activity tends to make an individual completely independent of any limitation... Old Aleister Crowley had some interesting things to say about this. He wrote 'The Book of the Law'."

book-of-the-law-cr-160x200.jpg

All editions of 'The Book of the Law' are blood red,
which is, oddly, also the color of the 'Tech Volumes'.​

From Crowley's 'Magick in Theory and Practice':

"The whole and sole object of all true Magickal training is to become free from every kind of limitation."

More from the 'PDC':

"The old magical cults of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th centuries in the Middle East were fascinating. The only modern work that has anything to do with them is a trifle wild in spots, but a fascinating work by itself, and that's the work of Aleister Crowley... He signs himself 'the Beast', mark of the Beast 666..."

aleister_crowley2.jpg

Possibly the most honest moment, during the Philadelphia Lectures of late 1952, was at the very beginning of the first lecture, when Hubbard made an odd, non-sequitur, joke about being "the Prince of Darkness."

The audience of "thay-tans," listening attentively as they were promised God-like abilities and powers, chucked unsuspectingly.

__________​

From L. Ron Hubbard's 1947 'Affirmations':

Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write.

Your psychology is true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.

Poor Lana and Jim Logan - Still zapped by the hypnotic commands Hubbard made over a half century ago.

But they're getting a little bit itchy and scratchy.

So there is hope. :)

32C.png

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If you can take it, here's more hideous cringeology from Milestone Two. . .

scatjappers says:
October 20, 2015 at 1:39 pm
JL:
8-80 also more or less maps out frequencies and wavelengths (at least their magnitudes) of a variety of waves not known to physics, such as aesthetics.

Paul

054ad3270962740799c484e5a547f3fb
Jim Logan says:
It sure does.
It is interesting to note that some of the abilities to be regained with awareness of them, include the ability to communicate at finer wavelengths than are able to be measured on present time earth instruments.

OMG, they are so unbearably more knowledgeable than homo sap, on this planet!

QUESTION: Why do Scientologists adopt that superior-to-all-earthmen altitude & attitude, with the obligatory Hubbardesque arrogance, feigned-certainty and clownish condescension?

ANSWER: Because they are in L. Ron Hubbard's valence and there is no process on the Bridge to run that out. In fact, all Scientology processes are designed to ensure that happens!

JustSheila

Crusader

I would like to post 2 things at this time, on this planet:

1. The OP is hideous. Just..........hideous. A perfect balance of (mental) mass and insignificance.

2. I ready Jim Logan's "comment" on the Milestone Two website:

Jim Logan says:
October 20, 2015 at 11:39 am
Right now I’m reading about the Buddhist description of “symbols” on the Not-Know to Mystery Scale. The tendency to assign significance and then hyper-associate with a proliferation of this means that, this is connected to that with the mind run amok in associative symbolism to the point of overwhelming the “worldling” and leaving them in a befuddled labyrinthine mess, walking around going “wog, wog, wog” in unintelligible gibberings.

This is an absolutely perfect example of Scientology. Mind-numbingly effete spiritual pretense and lecturing by means of mind/word fuckery.

On the positive side, the last two words of his post brought me profound relief.

:giggle: With Jim Logan, I'm not sure he even does it intentionally. It may be some sort of learning disability, or maybe he's just drunk, but this is how drunks talk, or people high as a kite on amphetamines, cocaine or similar. They try to string together long statements containing as many words and phrases they like as possible - the bigger the better. One with a learning disability who does this might think it hides the fact he doesn't know scratch about any of the things he writes or talks about, or it's just a glitch in the literate section of their brain. But they do it. Drunks do it a lot. Those with little education or who are equally drunk might even be fooled to thinking, 'This guy is really smart. Look at all the words he uses.' Except what Jim writes is complete gibberish.

In this snipped comment, Jim apparently likes the words 'hyper', 'proliferation,' 'amok,' 'befuddled,' 'labyrinthine' and 'symbols.' He likes the phrases 'tendency to assign significance', 'unintelligible gibberings' 'associative symbolism' and 'Know to Mystery Scale.' He likes to make up words as he goes too, because he likes how they sound and then he can appear even more intelligent. So he makes up the 'Not Know to Mystery Scale' and 'worldling' to really boost this appearance of intelligence.

Right now I’m reading about the Buddhist description of “symbols” on the Not-Know to Mystery Scale.

TRANSLATION: I'm not reading anything, but I vaguely understand this is about Scientology and Buddhism so I'll throw in a Scientology term together with the word 'Buddhist' and change the Scientology term to sound smarter.

The tendency to assign significance and then hyper-associate with a proliferation of this means that, this is connected to that with the mind run amok in associative symbolism to the point of overwhelming the “worldling” and leaving them in a befuddled labyrinthine mess, walking around going “wog, wog, wog” in unintelligible gibberings.

(To find the true meaning, first take out the favored and made-up words and phrases added to sound intelligent):

The[STRIKE] tendency to assign significance[/STRIKE] and then [STRIKE]hyper-associate[/STRIKE] with a [STRIKE]proliferation[/STRIKE] of this means that, this is connected to that with the mind [STRIKE]run amok [/STRIKE]in [STRIKE]associative symbolism[/STRIKE] to the point of overwhelming the [STRIKE]“worldling[/STRIKE]” and leaving them in a [STRIKE]befuddled labyrinthine[/STRIKE] mess, walking around going “wog, wog, wog” in[STRIKE] unintelligible gibberings[/STRIKE].

TRANSLATION: I am making a vague reference to my literary disability and confused state of mind and accuse others of having my problem in order to keep people from noticing.