What's new

John Travolta Snubbed by KFC

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
From the local paper: http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/John-Travolta-turned-away-KFC/story-13608984-detail/story.html

HOLLYWOOD superstar John Travolta appears to have been inadvertently turned away from KFC in East Grinstead – after apparently trying to book a table at the restaurant.

Staff working at the fast food chain's London Road branch received what they thought was a prank call requesting a table in his name on Friday.

The caller was told the restaurant did not take bookings for anyone and that Mr Travolta would have to join the back of the queue like everyone else.

But it later emerged the Saturday Night Fever and Grease star was in fact in East Grinstead at the weekend, when he attended the Saint Hill gala charity event.

A KFC spokesman said: "In hindsight, of course, we would have reserved a table for him.

"It's not every day you get a Hollywood star eating in your restaurant. I have heard he pops into East Grinstead every year." The owner of the East Grinstead branch originally backed his employee's decision to deny the unexpected request and there was no sign of Mr Travolta in the town on Friday.

But he later discovered through a friend that Top Gun star Tom Cruise was also at the event at the Church of Scientology over the weekend.

The KFC worker who took the call did not wish to be named, but said: "To me, customers are customers, no matter who they are. It doesn't make a difference (if someone is famous).

"The lady who called didn't give me her name, she just said it will be for a Mr Travolta.

"That threw me a little bit. I thought it might be a load of nonsense, but she seemed pretty serious."

A guest who attended the charity concert told the Courier & Observer: "John Travolta was at the dinner on Saturday night, but not at the concert on Sunday.

"He's very sociable, but because it was a formal dinner, he was given his space."

Axiom142

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
don't forget that Cruise stated quite clearly in his famous video that he only uses KSW and KFC tech.
I heard there was a car accident in East Grinstead and he also applied the KFC tech, as they were the only ones who could help.:yes:
a bit like:
"feel my finger licking finger"
"thank you":dancer:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Huh? You can book tables at KFC? What is the world coming to?

Paul

EDIT. Oh. I see the article says they don't. Never mind.

Slappy

Patron
was watching a Youtube clip of Travolta on Letterman earlier.

what a seriously fuckin nice guy.

It pained me to watch. He speaks of 'his church' helping Haiti etc.
Totally fucking clueless of the soul-less parasite on his back, feeding off his credibility and great nature.

There's a lot more to be said for being nice than being smart.

JT's string pullers are, I'm sure, well aware of the value of "nice". It is not a matter
of nice vs smart.

Being nice while being an international promoter/image tool for the scientology cult doesn't have much to be said for it. If JT is smart then he should be aware of what he's promoting. If he is aware of it he's a horrible person. If he isn't aware of it he is dim. The longer he goes on doing it the nastier, or the dimmer he looks.

He can only get a certain amount of mileage out of being MR Nice, while promoting the scientology cult, IMO.

Purple Rain

Crusader
JT's string pullers are, I'm sure, well aware of the value of "nice". It is not a matter
of nice vs smart.

Being nice while being an international promoter/image tool for the scientology cult doesn't have much to be said for it. If JT is smart then he should be aware of what he's promoting. If he is aware of it he's a horrible person. If he isn't aware of it he is dim. The longer he goes on doing it the nastier, or the dimmer he looks.

He can only get a certain amount of mileage out of being MR Nice, while promoting the scientology cult, IMO.

Yes, that is certainly true.

There are many times I've wished I could ask them whether they know about some of the abuses, or that I could challenge them to use their acting ability to go 'undercover' and find out for themselves how Sea Org and staff members are really treated, as high-powered Scientology executives were rumoured to have done.

It's probably just a rumour but at my org we were told that various senior management "terminals" would sometimes turn up at an org out of uniform and unrecognised and pretend to be a new public. Then they would try to route onto staff or services and see how the org was run.

So I've always thought, "If only those celebrities could experience the treatment on staff for themselves they would see an entirely different side of Scientology." They are so protected from the real world as celebrities anyway, let alone Scientology celebrities.

It seems such a shame that it is so hard to expose them to the truth, although if people like Paul Haggis can figure it out I would hope some of the others will too.

I really hope that John Travolta and Kelly Preston can escape from the brainwashing. I felt so bad for them losing their son, and even all the heartbreak they went through as parents of a child with a disability. I think that he genuinely wants to help the people of Haiti, but he is just so misguided.

Yes, that is certainly true.

There are many times I've wished I could ask them whether they know about some of the abuses, or that I could challenge them to use their acting ability to go 'undercover' and find out for themselves how Sea Org and staff members are really treated, as high-powered Scientology executives were rumoured to have done.

It's probably just a rumour but at my org we were told that various senior management "terminals" would sometimes turn up at an org out of uniform and unrecognised and pretend to be a new public. Then they would try to route onto staff or services and see how the org was run.

So I've always thought, "If only those celebrities could experience the treatment on staff for themselves they would see an entirely different side of Scientology." They are so protected from the real world as celebrities anyway, let alone Scientology celebrities.

It seems such a shame that it is so hard to expose them to the truth, although if people like Paul Haggis can figure it out I would hope some of the others will too.

I really hope that John Travolta and Kelly Preston can escape from the brainwashing. I felt so bad for them losing their son, and even all the heartbreak they went through as parents of a child with a disability. I think that he genuinely wants to help the people of Haiti, but he is just so misguided.

The JT thing frustrates me a bit so I was moved to type....

In the last 3 years there has been a huge amount of publicy about the cult.
Prior to that, and at the beginning of anon, culties in general, and celebs could be kept ignorant. These days it would be much harder for them to be kept ignorant.
The "nobodies" (not intended as a put-down) at the bottom, who just go and do services and get on with their lives would not have too many reasons to break through their own bubble of ignorance, imposed by the cult but these days requires more and more active, repeat ACTIVE self censoring. They must have to grab the remote and switch channels when scientology is mentioned. They must have to take detours whenever "scientology" pops up when they are on the net. I am guessing they have to avoid casual converstaions about scientology anywhere and everywhere these days, because the public is much more armed with entheta. So little "dissem" opportunities must surely be avoided nowadays and not hoped for, as they were in the past. There is less "excuse" (not wanting to sound judgemental)
than their used to be for shutting down one's own simple questions, like "why is this happening? What are they saying about us?" And there are probably quite a few actually trying to answer those questions now.

The people who have mega thousands to spend have less "excuse" IMO. The financial outlay is much more, so it is more reckless to sacrifice awareness/knowledge for gratification. I expect more from the wealthy because I assume they have to value smartness, astuteness, business sense, as a way to accummulate wealth and so I expect them to more independent in their thinking. I seem to be wrong there.

Then there are the very rich and the celebs. The celebs entire lives are lived as public figures and so I expect they are really going to want to have "intelligence" on all the good and bad information that is out there about them. I can imagine a celeb being a committed Catholic and being known as such (though they would not pimp for their church as scientologists do), but such a person would I imagine
read the newspapers and watch TV reports about the sex abuse within the church. They would just want to know what's going on, and what's being said, true or not.
A question could be thrown at them some time in an interview - not to threaten them, but just to say "As a committed Catholic, what do you think of this?"

So that makes me wonder how scientology celebs could be shut down, and shut themselves down so much. And I don't think the COS just leaves them unprepared for the random "attack" (question) by a journalist or by people they bump into? That is unthinkable. So the COS OSA must surley be giving them a hand on what to say and what not to say. How specific do they get.? Surely they have to present the actual questions and accusations being made.

And the celebs who are more aware of themselves as a figure-in-society than any of us probably, and more sensitive about of what people might be saying about them and how that may affect future do no independent search? Out of all the lunatic things in the cult that is the most lunatic IMO.

They don't have to know that people are coerced to have abortions, and other such things by being in scientology IMO. But they do have to know that such things are claimed, by reading it on the internet. "I am brainwashed" or "I was brainwashed" doesn't cut it for me as an excuse for celebs for the reasons pointed out here.

The 'nice button' seems to work wonders for JT. When it is poked, JT as a cult pimp looks like something he can't really help. Poor JT, such a nice guy he can't really help it. TC is not nice in people's eyes so he gets harsher treatment, and he is not helpess, because he has told us he has the tech to handle evrything. Kirsty Alley, apart from being ridiculed for her weight, seems to be liked, but not in the soft teddy bear way JT is, and she tells people to 'fuck off" when she needs to so, she is not seen as being quite as helpess as JT.

I hope TC is more open about why he stays in the cult and promotes it. It's the tech to handle the whole world. I want him to use the tone scale as LRH intended and tell us with Tone 40 to fuck off. So everyone can see that he is not nice-and-helpless but nice-and-a-scientologist-promoting-the-cult

Purple Rain

Crusader
The JT thing frustrates me a bit so I was moved to type....

In the last 3 years there has been a huge amount of publicy about the cult.
Prior to that, and at the beginning of anon, culties in general, and celebs could be kept ignorant. These days it would be much harder for them to be kept ignorant.
The "nobodies" (not intended as a put-down) at the bottom, who just go and do services and get on with their lives would not have too many reasons to break through their own bubble of ignorance, imposed by the cult but these days requires more and more active, repeat ACTIVE self censoring. They must have to grab the remote and switch channels when scientology is mentioned. They must have to take detours whenever "scientology" pops up when they are on the net. I am guessing they have to avoid casual converstaions about scientology anywhere and everywhere these days, because the public is much more armed with entheta. So little "dissem" opportunities must surely be avoided nowadays and not hoped for, as they were in the past. There is less "excuse" (not wanting to sound judgemental)
than their used to be for shutting down one's own simple questions, like "why is this happening? What are they saying about us?" And there are probably quite a few actually trying to answer those questions now.

The people who have mega thousands to spend have less "excuse" IMO. The financial outlay is much more, so it is more reckless to sacrifice awareness/knowledge for gratification. I expect more from the wealthy because I assume they have to value smartness, astuteness, business sense, as a way to accummulate wealth and so I expect them to more independent in their thinking. I seem to be wrong there.

Then there are the very rich and the celebs. The celebs entire lives are lived as public figures and so I expect they are really going to want to have "intelligence" on all the good and bad information that is out there about them. I can imagine a celeb being a committed Catholic and being known as such (though they would not pimp for their church as scientologists do), but such a person would I imagine
read the newspapers and watch TV reports about the sex abuse within the church. They would just want to know what's going on, and what's being said, true or not.
A question could be thrown at them some time in an interview - not to threaten them, but just to say "As a committed Catholic, what do you think of this?"

So that makes me wonder how scientology celebs could be shut down, and shut themselves down so much. And I don't think the COS just leaves them unprepared for the random "attack" (question) by a journalist or by people they bump into? That is unthinkable. So the COS OSA must surley be giving them a hand on what to say and what not to say. How specific do they get.? Surely they have to present the actual questions and accusations being made.

And the celebs who are more aware of themselves as a figure-in-society than any of us probably, and more sensitive about of what people might be saying about them and how that may affect future do no independent search? Out of all the lunatic things in the cult that is the most lunatic IMO.

They don't have to know that people are coerced to have abortions, and other such things by being in scientology IMO. But they do have to know that such things are claimed, by reading it on the internet. "I am brainwashed" or "I was brainwashed" doesn't cut it for me as an excuse for celebs for the reasons pointed out here.

The 'nice button' seems to work wonders for JT. When it is poked, JT as a cult pimp looks like something he can't really help. Poor JT, such a nice guy he can't really help it. TC is not nice in people's eyes so he gets harsher treatment, and he is not helpess, because he has told us he has the tech to handle evrything. Kirsty Alley, apart from being ridiculed for her weight, seems to be liked, but not in the soft teddy bear way JT is, and she tells people to 'fuck off" when she needs to so, she is not seen as being quite as helpess as JT.

I hope TC is more open about why he stays in the cult and promotes it. It's the tech to handle the whole world. I want him to use the tone scale as LRH intended and tell us with Tone 40 to fuck off. So everyone can see that he is not nice-and-helpless but nice-and-a-scientologist-promoting-the-cult

I'm not stupid. I do get the message. There are people I like on this board, so I'm not going away.

Being kind is far more important than being smart. I'm sorry you can't see that. You can take the Scientologist out of Scientology, but you obviously can't always do the reverse.

This board used to be a place I could come to for healing and encouragement, not spiteful mockery - no matter how plausibly deniable.

I will keep away from those who don't like me and hope that others will show me the same consideration. You can easily ignore what I have to say if my style of communication upsets or annoys you. Please do put me on your ignore list. I can't change who I am, but at least I know that I am not actively trying to hurt anybody.

I'm not stupid. I do get the message. There are people I like on this board, so I'm not going away.

Being kind is far more important than being smart. I'm sorry you can't see that. You can take the Scientologist out of Scientology, but you obviously can't always do the reverse.

This board used to be a place I could come to for healing and encouragement, not spiteful mockery - no matter how plausibly deniable.

I will keep away from those who don't like me and hope that others will show me the same consideration. You can easily ignore what I have to say if my style of communication upsets or annoys you. Please do put me on your ignore list. I can't change who I am, but at least I know that I am not actively trying to hurt anybody.

I am genuinely surprised that I caused that reaction. I did not intend to offend you. I was not even challenging you. In fact, I thought that you gave me a friendly response to my last post, so I just felt like saying more. I have been trying to put some thoughts into words about JT and my perspective on his role as a scientology promoter and felt that I was finally able to put it into words. I thought that although my perspective is a bit different from yours, that we don't have very conflicting views. I could be wrong about that, but the main thing was that I felt I could express my own after not being able get my head around it, so if your view differs at least I have been able to work out how to express mine.

I think I had a different point of view to you on another thread recently, about Marty R I thnk. That is the only time I know of that I have not agreed with you, and I only remember that because it was recent and other people also seemed to have differences of opinion.But regardless of that, I like you -as far as it is possible to know someone online -. My last post was not mockery. It was "straight". I'm sorry if it appeared to be to be a personal attack. I was just trying to work out why I get frustrated about JT. I just want to repeat, I like you as far as I know you as an esmb poster.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am genuinely surprised that I caused that reaction.
I am surprised as well. I've gone back over both posts and it still escapes me. I don't like to butt in to other peoples' business, nevertheless, I hope that the misunderstanding gets resolved.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I am genuinely surprised that I caused that reaction. I did not intend to offend you. I was not even challenging you. In fact, I thought that you gave me a friendly response to my last post, so I just felt like saying more. I have been trying to put some thoughts into words about JT and my perspective on his role as a scientology promoter and felt that I was finally able to put it into words. I thought that although my perspective is a bit different from yours, that we don't have very conflicting views. I could be wrong about that, but the main thing was that I felt I could express my own after not being able get my head around it, so if your view differs at least I have been able to work out how to express mine.

I think I had a different point of view to you on another thread recently, about Marty R I thnk. That is the only time I know of that I have not agreed with you, and I only remember that because it was recent and other people also seemed to have differences of opinion.But regardless of that, I like you -as far as it is possible to know someone online -. My last post was not mockery. It was "straight". I'm sorry if it appeared to be to be a personal attack. I was just trying to work out why I get frustrated about JT. I just want to repeat, I like you as far as I know you as an esmb poster.

I'm really sorry. I thought you were making fun of me. I'm probably overly sensitive at the moment. I'm going through a really hard time. Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding. I'm really happy that's not the case, mostly because I always liked everybody here so much and looked up to you all. I guess since the Moscow thread I've felt shaken, and the grammar thread made it worse. So whatever happens it's nice to know that I was mistaken and you are not being mean, and that you are the type of person I originally thought.

I'm really sorry. I thought you were making fun of me. I'm probably overly sensitive at the moment. I'm going through a really hard time. Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding. I'm really happy that's not the case, mostly because I always liked everybody here so much and looked up to you all. I guess since the Moscow thread I've felt shaken, and the grammar thread made it worse. So whatever happens it's nice to know that I was mistaken and you are not being mean, and that you are the type of person I originally thought.

Thanks Purple Rain, FWIW, I am sure you are well liked here, despite the polarised views on the Moscow thread. I can't speak for others but I am sure others felt strongly about their opinions and not (negatively) about you. Not to go on too much about it, but when I finished that last post I was actually quite grateful to you.
I have also been grateful to you for other things, for example when I wanted to check on the scientology/white house petition I made a habit of just going to your posts with the embedded url and clicking on it. I have misread/misunderstood countless posts myself, so no worries there. :)

Purple Rain

Crusader
Thanks Purple Rain, FWIW, I am sure you are well liked here, despite the polarised views on the Moscow thread. I can't speak for others but I am sure others felt strongly about their opinions and not (negatively) about you. Not to go on too much about it, but when I finished that last post I was actually quite grateful to you.
I have also been grateful to you for other things, for example when I wanted to check on the scientology/white house petition I made a habit of just going to your posts with the embedded url and clicking on it. I have misread/misunderstood countless posts myself, so no worries there. :)

Thanks, degraded being. That is very big of you. My rejection issues seem to be evolving into some kind of paranoia. I think I am not well. Once again thank you so very much for your kind thoughts and understanding - they mean a lot to me right now. Take care and do good things.

Last edited:

Feral

Rogue male
On another note regarding JT; there's a lot I really like about him, always has been. I remember he was quoted in a Rolling Stone interview once saying he didn't feel that the management of the church deserved defending, IIRC that was just after the Mission Holders massacre. I bet they beat the shit out of him for that, ethics, cramming and a specialised training line up till he had the "right" cogntions.

If he was able to previously see the abuse he will surely again see it, seeing how it's only gotten worse. The only thing I know doubt is his willingness to stand up and say something. That takes courage from where he stands and I'm not sure if he has that kind of grit.