What's new

Katie Holmes to tell all: 12 month contract over!

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/cel...katie-holmes-tells-all-12-month-contract-over

Tom Cruise’s closely guarded secrets are set to be laid bare by the woman who knows him best – his ex-wife, Katie Holmes. Tom’s obsession with Scientology, his three marriages and subsequent divorces, and even his sexuality have all been the subject of intense speculation for as long as he has been a superstar.

Now Woman’s Day can reveal Katie is preparing to blow the lid off all this and more in a $10 million book deal. A publishing insider from the company leading the bidding on her biography tells us the sure-fire bestseller has the working title Katie Holmes: Living A Lie – but can only speculate about what exactly will be revealed.

“The two biggest stories out there in Hollywood right now are Jennifer Aniston telling the story of how Brad Pitt left home for Angelina, and Katie Holmes giving us the warts-and-all truth of what Tom Cruise is really like in private, in the bedroom, and when he is with his Scientology friends at these secret get-togethers,” says James Alexander, who has brokered several multi-million dollar deals for tell-all books.

“Everyone wants to know if their relationship was a marriage of convenience, whether she was asked to sign a contract like the one Nicole Kidman allegedly signed, whether Tom is Suri’s real father, her experiences regarding Tom’s sexuality and why she suddenly snapped and fled with Suri.” With the first anniversary of their 2012 split looming, the time is almost ripe for Katie, 34, to finally open up about the most spectacular marriage fallout in recent Hollywood history. “The moment the 12-month confidentiality clause from their divorce proceedings is up, Katie can sign the deal and make it official and she’ll be $10 million richer,” says James.

Read more Tom and Katie's contract in this week's Woman’s Day, on sale Monday, June 17 2013

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Katie Holmes to tell all

(Rumour) She wants to get the book out before Tommy Davis gets out of RPF RPF

:omg:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Will $10 million cover the inevitable fees to defend against a defamation suit? Or is she insured for that?

And anyway, forget Tom - we want the tell-all about his BF(F).

Well, of to Costco for moar popcorn to go with this delicious caek!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
After cross-posting this to WWP, I'll say that same thing that I said there. Katie will not trash Tom for one reason -- Suri. She is not going to trash the father of her young child.

I agree and hope she doesn't do it ... also, if she trashes him when Suri is 'old enough' to handle it (ie tells her the truth about his cultic crazyness and tries to shield her from it all) she'll risk losing her ... forever.

That's scientology indoctrination and thinking for ya ...

Been there ... got the [STRIKE]cardigan[/STRIKE] FOAD emails.

:tobed:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Maybe she's watched and learned and hired a certain San Antonio
attorney to cut an even better end-deal for herself . . . without even
having to write an outline. Everything is negotiable in life, isn't it?
ImageProxy.mvc

Well, there's plenty of lawyers in New York too that could hammer out
that deal, if a certain someone didn't want to see the book get written.

paragon_85_oz.jpg
paragon_85_oz.jpg
186.gif
paragon_85_oz.jpg
paragon_85_oz.jpg

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
First off, if Katie were willing to truly write a tell all it would fetch far more than a $10 mil advance.

Second, she's not hard up for money.

Third, there is no way possible she and Tom both didn't agree to maintaining confidentiaitly about their personal life as part of the divorce agreement.

Four, tell all books totally derail serious careers in Hollywood and reek of desperation, Tom still has powerful people investing in his project. Katie tarnishing his earning power would create powerful enemies (cult non-withstanding) in Hollywood for no discernable reason.

Five, Tom is the father of her beloved daughter and everything she says will one day be read by Suri and Katie appears to be a very good mother so she would extremely careful about any public statements concerning Suri's dad.

Six,Katie's dad is a lawyer and his advice would be to keep your mouth shut and Katie takes her father's advice to heart - as was seen when he was her foremost ally in the divorce.

Seven, I regularly see some pretty explosive headlines posted here from this Australian tabloid and I can't recall any of the juicy ones EVER panning out or shown to be true - they just cause a bubble of gossip and fade away never to be mentioned again.

(Really and tab on the other side of the world is going to scoop the US tabloids who have contacts all over Hollywood?)

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Katie Holmes

Woman's Day is not a tabloid seek publicity as they have a large market

Putting up on exscn so everybody can keep it on their wish list of books.

Bunny Skull u r making the mistake of "Strawman fallacy"
Misrepresentation of an opponent's position To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition without ever having actually refuted the original position.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Katie Holmes

Woman's Day is not a tabloid seek publicity as they have a large market

Putting up on exscn so everybody can keep it on their wish list of books.

Bunny Skull u r making the mistake of "Strawman fallacy"
Misrepresentation of an opponent's position To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition without ever having actually refuted the original position.

How in the world am I misrepresenting my supposed "opponent's" position? Their position is Katie is publishing a tell-all and I detailed why that's utter bullshit in my post. I refuted the premise behind their statement with reasons why Katie would never do such a thing, big difference.

Whether its an official tabloid or not doesn't matter (Tabliod tech is just paper print size) the fact is they publish utter rubbish all the time that never comes true. The idea its readership means anything is laughable - the national enquirer - the US biggest tabloid can claim the title of America's most read newspaper for many years over the past three decades.

I only know of this publication at all due to salicious posts here that are taken from it and repeated here which never come true and are never published outside of Australia. Haven't heard a peep about Katie's big American publishing deal here in the states. in fact I remember the name only because every time I see a interesting post headline story and then to go on to read its from "Woman's Day" in Australia I sigh and chalk it up to bullshit.

The imaginary book will definitely stay on a "wish list" because it will never happen - even though I personally would love her to expose every bit of Tom's bizarre bullshit and his involvement with the cult and DM. Anyway, time will tell. I'll be sure to bump the thread in 6 months.

(BTW there was, maybe it still exists, a Woman's Day publication in the US it was mostly badly writtenromance stories,weight loss tips, celebrity gossip, cooking tips, 1st person "it happened to me" stories and advice columns. It was in no way considered a source for anything except typical formuliac entertainment for bored middle age housewives waiting in the check out line. I have no idea if the Austrlian publication is related but they sure seem to share some traits)

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hmm.. FWIW, I find it highly unlikely that Katie would 'tell all'.. First off, she ain't stupid (I think..).. Secondly, while we would like to 'hear all', that would not be one of Katies priorities.

But there's gonna be a book? - My guess is that she'll tell 'some' in that.

:yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Katie won't write a tell-all book on Tom & it's funny that only Women's Day is reporting this? How did they get the exclusive? Some other rags are reporting it, but they're getting their info from the Aussie mag?

Katie has shown alot of class since her divorce & been very protective of Suri. Katie may write a book & discuss her marriage & divorce, but it won't be a salacious account to throw Tom under the bus.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I could do without celebrity gossip, it's totally irrelevant to me who is gay, straight, satanist, paedophile unconvincing tranny or whatever.

I do not believe in the false celebrity image, people are people and they have faults. Pretending to be something they are not goes along with being actors. Tom Cruse does not interest me at all, he is not attractive, not a brilliant actor and I don't need any tiny swash buckling testosterone soaked heroes. My only interest would be the exposure of the lie that he is anything but raw meat, he's no OT, just a victim of a cult. His addiction to admiration will be his undoing. The truth will eventually set him free, but it might be a bumpy road.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Katie won't write a tell-all book on Tom & it's funny that only Women's Day is reporting this? How did they get the exclusive? Some other rags are reporting it, but they're getting their info from the Aussie mag?

Katie has shown alot of class since her divorce & been very protective of Suri. Katie may write a book & discuss her marriage & divorce, but it won't be a salacious account to throw Tom under the bus.

Womens Day has been known to purchase exclusives in the past but remember "tell all" to a tabloid could be just one little fact.:coolwink:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
After reading and seeing these and other related articles, I highly doubt this rumor in Woman's Day is true.

Katie Holmes ‘Disappointed’ In Salacious New Tell-All Book, Doesn’t Want Her Past Drudged Up!
Posted on Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:46AM | By Amber Ryland, News Editor -RADAR ONLINE

Katie Holmes has certainly come out of her shell since her split with Tom Cruise but RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that a salacious new tell-all book is drudging up all the old memories the actress is so desperately trying to forget.

Who Is Katie Holmes? An Unauthorized Biography by New York Times best-selling celebrity biographer Marc Shapiro was released on Wednesday and insiders tell Radar that Katie, 34, isn’t worried about what’s in the book, but is just annoyed that her life — including her childhood, her involvement with the controversial Church of Scientology and of course her relationship with Tom — is being rehashed for public consumption.

“Katie has been so focused on Suri and getting her career back on track, that she just doesn’t see the point in someone publishing a book with stories that have already been reported in the past,” the source told Radar.

“She’s disappointed that people try to capitalize on her life…especially when it’s certain things from the past she’s been trying to let go of or forget.”

With 22 chapters, the biography doesn’t reveal any new information on Katie or her life but is supposed to be something the reader can “relate to.” ......
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/03/katie-holmes-tell-all-book-upsetting/

Funny that I didn't see anything posted about this book release.

It has 2 reviews and is Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,620,500 in Books

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
First off, if Katie were willing to truly write a tell all it would fetch far more than a $10 mil advance.

Second, she's not hard up for money.

Third, there is no way possible she and Tom both didn't agree to maintaining confidentiaitly about their personal life as part of the divorce agreement.

Four, tell all books totally derail serious careers in Hollywood and reek of desperation, Tom still has powerful people investing in his project. Katie tarnishing his earning power would create powerful enemies (cult non-withstanding) in Hollywood for no discernible reason.

Five, Tom is the father of her beloved daughter and everything she says will one day be read by Suri and Katie appears to be a very good mother so she would extremely careful about any public statements concerning Suri's dad.

Six,Katie's dad is a lawyer and his advice would be to keep your mouth shut and Katie takes her father's advice to heart - as was seen when he was her foremost ally in the divorce.

Seven, I regularly see some pretty explosive headlines posted here from this Australian tabloid and I can't recall any of the juicy ones EVER panning out or shown to be true - they just cause a bubble of gossip and fade away never to be mentioned again.

I agree with all your points. However, some pretty strange things have happened such as the first Morton book on Diana which in its own way, was a lot more shocking. Of course, Diana felt trapped and was going through personal turmoil and had reasons to let it all out. Among other things, she was pissed that she was being treated as insane for knowing/suspecting Charles was getting it on with Camilla Parker Bowles.

So, it's hard to figure out what kind of motivation Katie would have for writing a tell-all about Cruise but I've thought of a few:

1. She may have been pissed at being characterized by the cult and some press as a gold digger or opportunist at the time of divorce, although the press was largely sympathetic to her plight.

2. Since the divorce, she may have read books by Wright and Jenna etc., and now feels that she bears some moral responsibility for what Scientology does to young children. She could even feel guilty about her involvement in such a fascist and controlling organization.

3. She could be seething about some things Tom did to her -- let's take installing Jessica Feshbach to spy on her. Katie and Jessica did become new best friends, for a while at least. But now she knows what that was really all about. Jessica was spying on her to make sure that she wasn't doing anything to disrupt Tom's feelings about Sciloontology, and Jessica was on this Operation, probably with Tom's approval. That kind of betrayal could motivate her.

However, I don't expect a tell-all book. I think it is just a build-up for a fluff piece.

smartone

My Own Boss
I don't believe she will tell all. First she doesn't need the money and secondly she wouldn't endanger Suri in that way. Best she keeps her mouth shut and gets on with her freedom.

I agree with all your points. However, some pretty strange things have happened such as the first Morton book on Diana which in its own way, was a lot more shocking. Of course, Diana felt trapped and was going through personal turmoil and had reasons to let it all out. Among other things, she was pissed that she was being treated as insane for knowing/suspecting Charles was getting it on with Camilla Parker Bowles.

So, it's hard to figure out what kind of motivation Katie would have for writing a tell-all about Cruise but I've thought of a few:

1. She may have been pissed at being characterized by the cult and some press as a gold digger or opportunist at the time of divorce, although the press was largely sympathetic to her plight.

2. Since the divorce, she may have read books by Wright and Jenna etc., and now feels that she bears some moral responsibility for what Scientology does to young children. She could even feel guilty about her involvement in such a fascist and controlling organization.

3. She could be seething about some things Tom did to her -- let's take installing Jessica Feshbach to spy on her. Katie and Jessica did become new best friends, for a while at least. But now she knows what that was really all about. Jessica was spying on her to make sure that she wasn't doing anything to disrupt Tom's feelings about Sciloontology, and Jessica was on this Operation, probably with Tom's approval. That kind of betrayal could motivate her.

However, I don't expect a tell-all book. I think it is just a build-up for a fluff piece.

If she was thinking of going ahead with it, which I doubt, another possible motivation could be that she thinks she needs it as some sort of counter-measure to whatever OSA has done, is doing, or thinking of doing. That is; OSA or Tom. A message to them not to get too tricky with her.

Last edited: