What's new

Lermanet.com's great finds Re Scientology

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
IMHO, much of the topic here is old hat to many of us who have been around. I think it's the fact that Mockingbird posts about this stuff as if no one knows about it. As if no one knows who Arnie is and what he's accomplished or written about in the past. That it's the best thing since sliced bread when it's been around and considered for many years. As if we are all ignorant here when many of us aren't. It does get tiring after a while to have this all repeated and repeated over and over again as if it's the sole solution to all that ails a scientologist.

What was written by ITYIWT in a tad bit of frustration with a sense of humor is being blown up to make it appear as if she's OSA and she certainly is not OSA or forwarding OSA agenda. The idea is to read the internet. What is being posted on ESMB recently about this hypnosis stuff can be found already on the internet. Particularly over at Lermanet.com IMHO, often a simple summary with a link to the referenced info would suffice.

I used to own a bulletin board that dealt with challenging life events of a completely different ilk. My mods, who were long time members drafted into thankless service, would often complain about newbies who didn't read existing posts or other (non-drafted into thankless service) old timers who seemed stuck in explaining the same things over and over again. It's possible I may have complained as well ...... But I digress. One of our best mods who exemplified patience and kindness repeatedly reminded us that not everyone has the skills/patience/desire to search old posts for pertinent info on [fill in the blank topic]. She also pointed out a lot of newbies won't even know some of those topics exist unless the old timers continue to raise them.

I didn't really understand what she was getting at until now. In fact, now that I think about it, I see posts here, now and then, that I think - well shoot, that's old news, old info, old whatever, and I remind myself (like my mod had to hit me over the head with) that there are new people who lurk every day who might not otherwise see it. There are many threads I just don't read. Either they don't interest me all that much or I feel like it's old info I think I have a fair grasp of.

I admit I don't read every word of what MB posts. The earlier ones I did. Now I either understand it and don't need to re-read or I need to find a way to use what I've learned before I try to cram something else into my limited head space.

What I'm trying to say, and rambling all over to do it, is I really appreciate the (re) posting of information that's been around for years. Because I didn't know any of this -- or -- who Arnie is or what he's done. I have to believe there are others, like me, who are seeing old things-newly posted for the first time and who are having their own ah-ha! moments.

Conversely, there's nothing compelling folks who already read this stuff (any topic!) years ago and who understand it to even click into a post about it. Don't like MB's posts? Maybe don't open them?

Oh, and FWIW, there's no way ITYIWT could possibly be OSA - the screen name itself is far too humorous and charming.

Blanky

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Well.....we are here on ESMB.

So, I figure we have all, to some degree, figured out we were duped my Clamology...and La Fatty.....and the Xenu story....

But to then come here and have to be bombarded (on occasion) with the fact that we are or were duped by, and "hypnotised," basically, by our upbringing in the US....and our schooling....and Governments....and CIA....and the Rothchilds.....and TV.....and .....and.....

It gets to be a bit much.

I agree.

Just don't look at Arnie's avatar too long.....especially the eyes....:unsure:

:lol:

But I kid the Lerma.

Last edited:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
^^^^

Very well said....and diplomatic too....:)

A couple years ago I was having lunch with a good friend. We, oldsters that we are, were ....ok ..... gossiping if you must know ..... about how some of the youngsters in our family of friends like to air their dirty laundry all over social media. Tsk tsking and thinking ourselves better, we sipped our wineand thanked the internet gods that social media did not exist when we were in our 20's and 30's when we might have caused more of a ..... stir. I made some self-congratulatory comment about not putting my foot into it on facebook and my friend smiled and said, "Oh yes, Blanky, you are always well behaved ....................................online." :hysterical:

Lone Star

Crusader

Arnie,

Only you know how and why you got so badly sucked in and why you can't (or won't) now start to let it go.

:blowkiss:

"Badly sucked in" to what?

"
1. Make outrageous comments designed to distract or frustrate: An Alinsky tactic used to make people emotional, although less effective because of the impersonal nature of the Web." LINK

I was never sucked into anything.. except the pursuit of truth with a passion.

Only those living in a false comfort zone of delusion might object to learning how the trick was done,

Since I was a little kid my biggest thrill was taking things apart to see how they worked. In THAT way I never grew up, to accept things as the way they are, pretentious, petty, with a fixation on the next shiny trinket.

My mother encouraged me...I never watched sports. I still rarely watch TV at all. That leaves a great deal of time to read. And I've read so much by now, than any additional information aligns so much other information, that there is a consummate thrill to reading any non fiction. And despite your fallacious posturing, there is nothing wrong with having a passion for knowledge, or taking $cientology completely apart to see how it works...

I would ask that those who are incapable of doing something or unwilling to do something, be considerate and try to at least to stay out of the way of those who don't think doing that something is impossible.

Arnie Lerma

:confused2:

First, it's not an accusation, and second, I can't see anyone other than you who's mentioned Alinsky, here or anywhere else recently.

On second thoughts, maybe it's not a discussion worth having.

I didn't say you made the accusation. Apparently you are too lazy to go back and catch up so I did the leg work for you. You're welcome.

ITYIWT made a comment to Arnie. Well...just read Arnie's reply above. And if you have any more questions about it then ask him.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't say you made the accusation. Apparently you are too lazy to go back and catch up so I did the leg work for you. You're welcome.

ITYIWT made a comment to Arnie. Well...just read Arnie's reply above. And if you have any more questions about it then ask him.

Or, I might have an eyesight problem, or (as is the case) the search function here didn't work very well when I typed in "Alinsky" after Arnie's name after an admittedly cursory trawl through the thread. There are other explanations.

I'm getting tired of the way all roads on this board seem to end in people getting nasty with each other.

Lone Star

Crusader
Or, I might have an eyesight problem, or (as is the case) the search function here didn't work very well when I typed in "Alinsky" after Arnie's name after an admittedly cursory trawl through the thread. There are other explanations.

I'm getting tired of the way all roads on this board seem to end in people getting nasty with each other.

My sincere apologies for the crankiness. It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd1ciPnTGKg

Lone Star

Crusader
Not a problem. Thanks for finding the reference for me anyway.

Sure. I truly am sorry for being so short with you.

Obviously, other than the 'sniffing glue' habit...LOL...I am on edge because Arnie figured out that both ITYIWT and myself employ Alinski tactics on ESMB in an overall effort to belittle and silence him. DAMN!! How does he do it? :melodramatic:

JustSheila

Crusader
There are plenty of threads on ESMB to cover everyone's interests for every point of leaving Scn. If there isn't a thread covering what someone might want to discuss, then start it.

I don't see there's an issue and besides, they were just comments. No need to blow it all out of proportion. :carryon:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
"When I speak of a control system for planet earth I do not want my words to be misunderstood: I do not mean that some higher order of beings has locked us inside the constraints of a space-bound jail, closely monitored by psychic entities we might call angels or demons. I do not propose to redefine God. What I do mean is that mythology rules at a level of our social reality over which normal political and intellectual action has no real power.… Myths define the set of things scholars, politicians, and scientists can think about. They are operated upon by symbols, and the language these symbols form constitutes a complete system. This system is metalogical, but not metaphysical. It violates no laws because it is the substance of which laws are made. Jacques Vallée, The Invisible College, 201–202.

JustSheila

Crusader
Good quote, Arnie. Joseph Campbell would concur - and he was an atheist. So would Carl Jung. Both would conclude that myths are the basis of human imagination and ambition from entirely different views and fields of knowledge - mythology and psychology, respectively.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Quite right Arnie ... BTW I'm actually OSA and I'm having big fun playing with your head and watching you (and your mate) trying to keep everyone else well stirred up.

Happy Christmas.

:melodramatic:

Roger, Your scientology is showing.

I'd get your arse back "into session" if I were you, your "spiritual teammates" are screaming blue murder and hanging for their daily chat.

:biggrin:

I'm just reeling that you employ Alinsky tactics! :omg:

Learn something everyday.

What Alinsky tactics? Please explain.

(I know who Saul Alinsky was btw).

Here you go...

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals
Here is the complete list from Alinsky.
http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah; if she wouldn't mind commenting here I'd like to hear what Sheila thinks of Saul Alinsky because she's from his home city (Chicago).

IMO, he was a very great man with a lot of wisdom about both people and politics. If memory serves, Hillary Rodham (as she was before she married Bill Clinton) did her master's thesis about him.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
"When I speak of a control system for planet earth I do not want my words to be misunderstood: I do not mean that some higher order of beings has locked us inside the constraints of a space-bound jail, closely monitored by psychic entities we might call angels or demons. I do not propose to redefine God. What I do mean is that mythology rules at a level of our social reality over which normal political and intellectual action has no real power.… Myths define the set of things scholars, politicians, and scientists can think about. They are operated upon by symbols, and the language these symbols form constitutes a complete system. This system is metalogical, but not metaphysical. It violates no laws because it is the substance of which laws are made. Jacques Vallée, The Invisible College, 201–202.

I do like this quote! Yes, believe it or not. I truly do. It just so happens that a few weeks ago I re-read 'The War in Heaven-The Invisible College' by Kyle Griffith. (I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago).

It is at this link here. Arnie you will notice at the bottom right hand under 'Related Reports' there is a link to a favorite book of yours.

BTW....All kidding and J & Ding aside I do have a high regard for you Arnie. I just get a bit 'kerfuffled' whenever you occasionally accuse someone of having a 'nefarious agenda' just for expressing a disagreement with you. But, that aside, I highly value the work you've done over the many years. I even agree with you quite often. Not all of the time. But quite often.

You too Rog. :yes:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
My favourite Alinsky quote is one I think I've probably mentioned here before.

It comes from the ill-fated Democratic convention of 1968, when some of the more radical Democrats were frustrated by the party's refusal to disengage from Vietnam under Lyndon Johnson, and came to Alinsky in tears, asking what they should do when the party refused to listen to them or the other grass roots activists.

He said;

"You have three choices. One, find a wailing wall and feel sorry for yourselves. Two, go psycho and start bombing - but you'll only swing the country to the right. Three, go home, organise, build power and, when the next election comes round, you be the candidates."