What's new

LRH best single lectures, what do you suggest?

Ali.G

Patron
To go off the topic a little here, I used to listen to lectures on my long country car trips, All the congress lectures, and all the ACC lectures that I had (about 5 or 6 sets) But I dont listen to LRH any more. My fav congress was Games and ACC was Games of OT.

Recently been listening to this series:

http://www.unfetteredmind.org/audio/podretreat.php?code=WS#here

Lecture 3 of the Warrior's Solution put ethics into a whole new light for me. Was very interesting after the scientological viewpoint. All these lectures are freely available and distributable with attribution, so no copyright infringements here. Id stack this one up against any favs of LRH. Sound quality is a bit iffy unfortunately, and best to listen to with headphones or earplugs on.

Cheers
Min

I guess I will give a glimpse to games lectures, games are one of the most important parts of life for me as well. It's nice to see you quote some lectures from people different from LRH. I'm actually listening to Robbins Personal Power 2, the way he lets you see how the mind is based on simple concepts like getting pleasure and avoiding pain, and the way he lets you see you can play on these factors and easily change your life is awesome.
I've just heard 6 lectures and I don't know if he talks of that as well, but to me Robbins is awesome on the mind side, but he may be lacking some of the spiritual stuff I'd like to work on as well. So he is one that tells you something and which gives you awesome tech to apply to improve your life, but I feel for myself I need something complimentary which talks about the facts of spiritual life. On this subject to me Ron does have something to say. I'm always looking for other references. Alan here seems to be a pretty advanced guy on this stuff as well.

Ali.G

Patron
Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker
Two tapes I enjoy very much are auditor training tapes on "Missed Withholds" and "Missed Missed Withholds".

PDCs are often entertaining.
Mark A. Baker
Me too, Mark! (at least, at the time :coolwink: )

A lot of it made sense, and it was kinda like a "right indication" after seeing and copping it from Execs, who used that 'tech' to make wrong when they clearly didn't know what that tech or a 'missed withold' was about. :giggle:

Mark and Carmel, I really hope one day I'll be able to get through PDC. The bad thing about these long series is you need a lot of committment. Usually Ron doesn't start immediately with the powerful stuff, he does what tech would call "Q&A". Which is not question and answer, it just means he loses his time on not very important things. This sets me off. It's the trap which makes good tech not readily available.
If SCN only made available those Golden Age binders where the key answers are condensed, we could make much faster advances in our spiritual life.
Unfortunately they have to sell expensive courses on Freewinds, so if the stuff doesn't leak, we have no option other than listening to 100 hours of tapes when key concepts are 20 hours and you could have 100% of what Ron says in 45.

Ali.G

Patron
No one particular lecture. I liked his 1954 period lectures (Phoenix). Later, through Scientology old timers, I discovered that Hubbard had added Peyote to his usual drug cocktail mix at that time. I would agree with ex-Scientologist and editor of many of Hubbard's 1950s books, John Sanborn, that Hubbard reached "peak brilliance" in Phoenix. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=137009&postcount=58

When I first listened to the PDC lectures, I had been collecting and reading books by Aleister Crowley for about a year. I was surprised to hear Hubbard repeating phrases and entire lines from Crowley's writings.

A few years later, I did a fairly thorough review of many of Hubbard's lectures (I had access to a large reel to reel tape collection at a break away Mission), and Hubbard sounded different than he did when I was was IN Scientology.

There's a confidential taped briefing (1969) where he described his marshall arts skills to a bunch of private investigators he had hired, and it was odd that he wanted to appear "manly" - odd for a "Clear" and "OT," at least. Around the same period, in another confidential briefing, he described his 2nd wife Sara as a Russian spy named Sara Komkosadamanov.

And Hubbard's Class 8 lectures, from a year earlier, are notable. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177122&postcount=41

An interesting fellow. He sure talked a lot. :)

Veda I've read the first link you've put, interesting stuff. Do you have any references for the peyote and drug-mix you are referring to? All of what you write doesn't really sound bogus, Hubbard definitely had some very different personalities. And, at times, a very powerful and dreadful subconscious mind.

It looks like he never solved his own case, some Evil Purposes were not addressed or he couldn't key them out.

I sometimes ask myself whether all processing, or even some processing can be good or whether it actually is all potentially harmful. The past should be cleared if possible, but without working tech though you could just restimulate bad stuff, and become maybe a more powerful man working under bad influences. Or maybe totally cave-in.

That's why to me the Scientology organization with a new humanitarian management, reduced prices and the cleaning of false data could be helpful for mankind. At Flag you can find some awesome auditors and C/Ss, the case crackers as far as I know are very powerful. And they strive for perfection.

I don't know of any other organization which, run under a reasonable management philosophy, could be on par with flag. Or does anybody of you have some suggestions?

No one particular lecture. I liked his 1954 period lectures (Phoenix). Later, through Scientology old timers, I discovered that Hubbard had added Peyote to his usual drug cocktail mix at that time. I would agree with ex-Scientologist and editor of many of Hubbard's 1950s books, John Sanborn, that Hubbard reached "peak brilliance" in Phoenix. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=137009&postcount=58

When I first listened to the PDC lectures, I had been collecting and reading books by Aleister Crowley for about a year. I was surprised to hear Hubbard repeating phrases and entire lines from Crowley's writings.

A few years later, I did a fairly thorough review of many of Hubbard's lectures (I had access to a large reel to reel tape collection at a break away Mission), and Hubbard sounded different than he did when I was was IN Scientology.

There's a confidential taped briefing (1969) where he described his marshall arts skills to a bunch of private investigators he had hired, and it was odd that he wanted to appear "manly" - odd for a "Clear" and "OT," at least. Around the same period, in another confidential briefing, he described his 2nd wife Sara as a Russian spy named Sara Komkosadamanov.

And Hubbard's Class 8 lectures, from a year earlier, are notable. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177122&postcount=41

An interesting fellow. He sure talked a lot. :)

I don't know about Peyote, in this 1954 lecture he sounds like a typical tweaker who is so jacked up on speed he hasn't slept for days. A coherent person could have explained the mind control technique Hubbard was trying to describe in a few sentences, where Hubbard's incoherent babbling goes on for over twenty minutes. It's pure comedy gold

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqliyweym12

Ali.G

Patron
First of all they are not spoofs, they may seem like spoofs since Hubbard was batshit crazy, but they are Hubbard in his own words.

You asked for L. Ron Hubbard lectures and I gave you the only ones I felt are worth listening to. If your intentions were to have the members of this message board "cherry pick" through Hubbard's lectures and use out OT powers to guess which one of Hubbard's lectures happen to be agreeable with you. You should have just went through them yourself, instead of asking for opinions on a subject you are clearly not capable of handling.

Hey Chuck, I don't mind you posting your ideas, may I just ask you to edit your post and putting links instead of embedding videos?

The opening images to me are revolting, if I want to ckeck the videos let me do it, just don't impose me to see Hubbard the way you like, let me decide what I want to see and what not.

On your other post, I'm downloading the lecture, and I do believe you can be totally right... I sometimes get angry with the lectures, "Hubbard, can't you get to the point? Can't you tell your ideas in an easy and understandable way?"

That's what sucks about lectures. And that's what makes and will make people blow in SCN. They want knowledge and instead get knowledge and a lot of nonsense. And they make you pay gold for every word of Hubbard, be it gold or complete shit.
That's the dishonesty of management.
Still to me some concepts work, they are just not correctly condensed, that's what is missing.

Hey Chuck, I don't mind you posting your ideas, may I just ask you to edit your post and putting links instead of embedding videos?

The opening images to me are revolting, if I want to ckeck the videos let me do it, just don't impose me to see Hubbard the way you like, let me decide what I want to see and what not.

On your other post, I'm downloading the lecture, and I do believe you can be totally right... I sometimes get angry with the lectures, "Hubbard, can't you get to the point? Can't you tell your ideas in an easy and understandable way?"

That's what sucks about lectures. And that's what makes and will make people blow in SCN. They want knowledge and instead get knowledge and a lot of nonsense. And they make you pay gold for every word of Hubbard, be it gold or complete shit.
That's the dishonesty of management.
Still to me some concepts work, they are just not correctly condensed, that's what is missing.

This board embeds youtube videos by default when you post the link, I'm not sure if there is a way around this, if so let me know and I will edit it

Ali.G

Patron
This board embeds youtube videos by default when you post the link, I'm not sure if there is a way around this, if so let me know and I will edit it

I hate it when technology to simplify things just makes them more complex on some occasions... I guess you could put links without the URL] /URL], this solutions sucks though, so you are free to decide... the thread anyway moved on to a new page, so it is no longer as irritating as it was before...

You are free to decide, no longer a huge issue to me :)
Cheers
Ali.G

Ali.G

Patron
I don't know about Peyote, in this 1954 lecture he sounds like a typical tweaker who is so jacked up on speed he hasn't slept for days. A coherent person could have explained the mind control technique Hubbard was trying to describe in a few sentences, where Hubbard's incoherent babbling goes on for over twenty minutes. It's pure comedy gold

I've heard the first few minutes of the tape, as far as the babbling goes, I can tell you he was almost understandable in this lecture, there are many more lectures which are much worse!
Still at times it seemed he spoke strange and a couple of times I've heard some "hic", maybe he was for real under the influence of something.
If there are more evidences which tell in 1954 he used a drug-mix, I'd like to know more.

I hate it when technology to simplify things just makes them more complex on some occasions... I guess you could put links without the URL] /URL], this solutions sucks though, so you are free to decide... the thread anyway moved on to a new page, so it is no longer as irritating as it was before...

You are free to decide, no longer a huge issue to me :)
Cheers
Ali.G

I found a way around it, I changed the youtube links to tinyurl links

ocean12

Patron

Can you reup ^^ link down--thanks