What's new

Mark Janicello - "Naked in the Spotlight" Swiss TV Interview with subtitles.

petervh

Patron
From Janicello's Blog:

Hello Everyone,

This is an interview that I did for Swiss Television with Patric Kees about my experiences with the Scientology Organization, my life, career and my new book : "Nackt im Rampenlicht" . The interview is in German with english subtitles.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76F0qVuq94

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
:hmm:

I never heard about Mark Janicello, but may be it isn't my Music.

He provides $cientologies Human Right Campaign in the public and because of singing "Ave Maria" he got arrested. Can't believe this. There must have happened more.

During I heard this Interview I had lots of :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: !

My opinion when a person makes advertising for $cientology and stands in the public, there should be lots of protests.... It was right how the people react.

...and BTW this is the (I guess) 6th Mark Janicello Thread, why not putting alltogether?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
How reassuring to see that protesting Scientology celebrities helps to wake them up as well countering whatever positive press they generate for the cult. Perhaps one day the irony of a Scientologist speaking up for human rights will give Mark a chuckle or two. In the meantime, it would appear he's still got the wrong WHO and the wrong WHY. Then again, perhaps he's being careful with his public statements. Either way, I'm pleased to see him out and hope he stays off the cans.

Nicole

How reassuring to see that protesting Scientology celebrities helps to wake them up as well countering whatever positive press they generate for the cult.Perhaps one day the irony of a Scientologist speaking up for human rights will give Mark a chuckle or two. In the meantime, it would appear he's still got the wrong WHO and the wrong WHY. Then again, perhaps he's being careful with his public statements. Either way, I'm pleased to see him out and hope he stays off the cans.

Way to go! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But he left in 2003, this wasn't Anonymous. Again a :hmm:

I don't think he's being too honest. He says he dealt with int management not ordinary Scientologists and then claims that he did not know he was being used as a poster boy. He must have at least known that he was some sort of publicity tool.
I suppose he has to sell the idea that he was naive, to get some damage control over the disaster it caused being a scientologist in Europe. Lovely to know that over there they refuse to play along with the cults publicity stunts. :thumbsup:
I suspect he was pushing the cult far more than he admits and the freedom of religion thing is just his revisionist history of his real previous purposes.
It sounds like he may have been fairgamed by the cult too, and that possibly he may be BSing about being let go so easily. He took a long time to give non-answers on couple of the questions. Great to hear how cult promotion is such a non starter over there.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Way to go! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But he left in 2003, this wasn't Anonymous. Again a :hmm:

Anonymous is the Johnny-Come-Lately to the anti-Scientology movement.

Ursula_Caberta_HA_B_483974c.jpg

L E G E N D

Ursula Caberta y Diaz (born 22 March 1950 in Hamburg) is a German politician, State of Hamburg government official and was the Commissioner for the Scientology Task Force of the Hamburg Interior Authority. She graduated in political economy. According to Deutsche Welle she was considered an expert on the subject of Scientology, and has observing the organization since 1992[1] to 2010.[2] Her book Schwarzbuch Scientology (The Black Book of Scientology) was published in 2007.[1] Caberta is also an official in Hamburg's authority for interior affairs.[3][4]

The Hamburg Scientology Task Force (AGS) was founded in 1992, to monitor the activities of Scientology, and educate the public on the activities and objectives of Scientology. Furthermore, the AGS provided advice to people wishing to leave the organization.[5] The Task Force was closed down in 2010 as a result of budget cuts. [6]

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_Caberta

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hmmm... This interview didn't really convince me - for example he mentioned several times that he felt (personally, financially, career-wise etc) threatened in several ways by the criticisms, but he never mentioned that he had ever tried to ask ... ugh... for example the people wearing the "Scientology kills" t-shirts, why they were wearing these shirts. I'm certain that the majority of the critics would have gladly told him what their beef with this cult was.

OK, he left the Cof$, because they didn't support him anymore when he had no more money, but if that is all, it's kinda disappointing. He still seems to have a loooong way to go.

EDIT
Also: He said the criticism came up in the nineties, which just shows his deliberate blindness. I've read the 1st critical book about that cult somewhen in the mid-70's.

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great hes out, saw behind scientologys mask.

Our reputation in europe affecting you is not our problem,

who would have guessed that?

Never support a friend in need or danger.

marjan

Patron with Honors
Hello, this is Mark Janicello. I heard about this Forum from one of my fans.
I see there have been a few posts about me here.

Regarding my video -- of COURSE I am being VERY careful about what I am saying.
I know how SCN works. I already spent 4,5 years in court dealing with the outfall of my years with SCN. I certainly don't want to be taken back into court by Mr. Miscavage and Co...

For those who don't believe that I could be arrested for singing the Ave maria,
you are very wrong. Take a look here:
http://www.markjanicello.net/nackt im rampenlicht FOTOS.htm

Although I am not speaking about the tech publicly, I have a very, VERY strong opinion about it - -but I am keeping that for myself. Like I say, me and my book are being VERY CAREFULLY watched.

I am walking a fine line... and will continue to do.

As to the rest of the comments, when the book comes out in English, you will get the full story.

Regards,
Mark

Nicole

<snip>for example the people wearing the "Scientology kills" t-shirts, why they were wearing these shirts. I'm certain that the majority of the critics would have gladly told him what their beef with this cult was.

OK, he left the Cof$, because they didn't support him anymore when he had no more money, but if that is all, it's kinda disappointing. He still seems to have a loooong way to go.

EDIT
Also: He said the criticism came up in the nineties, which just shows his deliberate blindness. I've read the 1st critical book about that cult somewhen in the mid-70's.

The first time I saw protesters with the "Scientology kills" T-Shirts where Anonymous... I wondered about this. Critcs did exists earlier, but I can't remember protests on the streets or in front of theaters etc. Imo Anonymous started with that.

In the 90's started the discussion about observing $cientology with the secret service. ...and in the 90's they started with the observing. OSA made big publicity work against this and the critics with eg Ursula Caberta did a great job against OSAs manipulations. Even some Exs eg Jeanette Schweitzer and Norbert Potthoff spoke out.... But they didn't protest on the streets with "Scientology kills" shirts.

Something is there wrong. ... or may be I lived really behind a curtain or something like that.

marjan

Patron with Honors
Hello to all of you, this is Mark Janicello. One of my fans told me about this website. I see that there have been quite a few postings about my book.

I read some of the comments here, and would like to answer some of you, if you are interested.

Number One, I am being extremely cautious about what I say publicly about SCN in my interviews. I spent more than 4 years in court cleaning up the mess that SCN brought into my life. I know how this organization works, as I was intimately involved with OSA, IAS, and a number of other Int. Level divisions.

Just because I do not criticize the philosophy publicly, does not mean that I do not have a very, very strong opinion. I do, but my opinion, I will keep to myself. I am being cautions. I don't want any more lawsuits. I have to walk a fine line.. and I am going to do that.

The Scientology Kills T-Shirts were being worn to my theatrical performances as early as 1998. Anonymous was NOT the first to use them.

Some of you don't "believe" my interview. That is of course your right to do so. However, if you'd like proof of my being arrested, check out the photos here:

Some of you think that I had to "know" about my being used by PR.
I knew that there was "internal" PR, yes. But I never saw any "external" PR. That was brought to my attention by a reporter, as I said in this interview.

One thing that most of you don't realize is that German-speaking Europe is not the USA. When I started to have major problems, I was literally fighting to survive. In the middle of a storm, you do not always see the shore.

However, most importantly, the press is concentrating only on certain aspects of my story. The whole story is in my book. The book will be coming out in english in the US and the UK. I am working on that.

For those of you who don't "buy it," "believe it" or "doubt my intentions" in writing this book and giving these interviews, I can only say "Walk a mile in my shoes"

I do not lie. I don't have to. The truth was terrible enough.

Regards,
Mark Janicello

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
The first time I saw protesters with the "Scientology kills" T-Shirts where Anonymous... I wondered about this. Critcs did exists earlier, but I can't remember protests on the streets or in front of theaters etc. Imo Anonymous started with that. <snip>

No, it was the old guard critics who came up with the shirts. Ask one of them when exactly that was, but as far as I can say, early or mid '90s is probably correct.

EDIT
You can see those shirts in some of Mark Bunker's old videos.

Also: Look for some old LMT- (Lisa McPherson Trust) stuff, I believe that's where these shirts stem from.

Last edited:

Nicole

Hello to all of you, this is Mark Janicello. One of my fans told me about this website. I see that there have been quite a few postings about my book.

I read some of the comments here, and would like to answer some of you, if you are interested.

Number One, I am being extremely cautious about what I say publicly about SCN in my interviews. I spent more than 4 years in court cleaning up the mess that SCN brought into my life. I know how this organization works, as I was intimately involved with OSA, IAS, and a number of other Int. Level divisions.

Just because I do not criticize the philosophy publicly, does not mean that I do not have a very, very strong opinion. I do, but my opinion, I will keep to myself. I am being cautions. I don't want any more lawsuits. I have to walk a fine line.. and I am going to do that.

The Scientology Kills T-Shirts were being worn to my theatrical performances as early as 1998. Anonymous was NOT the first to use them.

Some of you don't "believe" my interview. That is of course your right to do so. However, if you'd like proof of my being arrested, check out the photos here:

Some of you think that I had to "know" about my being used by PR.
I knew that there was "internal" PR, yes. But I never saw any "external" PR. That was brought to my attention by a reporter, as I said in this interview.

One thing that most of you don't realize is that German-speaking Europe is not the USA. When I started to have major problems, I was literally fighting to survive. In the middle of a storm, you do not always see the shore.

However, most importantly, the press is concentrating only on certain aspects of my story. The whole story is in my book. The book will be coming out in english in the US and the UK. I am working on that.

For those of you who don't "buy it," "believe it" or "doubt my intentions" in writing this book and giving these interviews, I can only say "Walk a mile in my shoes"

I do not lie. I don't have to. The truth was terrible enough.

Regards,
Mark Janicello

Hello and Welcome Marc,

I have doubts and I have them against lots of things and persons. Don't take it personal. :) It's a "gift" from Scientology.

A moment ago I read your "Stellungnahme" about Scientology and you wrote you are on a Black List from the "Verfasungsschutz" ("secret service"). Is it the Verfassungsschutz Bayern? I was in contact with the secret service (not Bayern), it were very nice persons and I never heard about this black list. They are lucky about every information. Don't understand this. Could I view this list? Can I call the Secret Service, and ask who is blacklisted? They were very carefull in giving me informations and things they know.

You wrote you sing "Ave Maria" and you got arrested. Imo you didn't get arrested because of singing "Ave Maria" and you didn't get arrested because of beeing a Scientologist. I can't believe this part. Something more must happened... May be you don't listen at the policeman advices or the demonstration was not allowed. It exists rules about demonstrations.

Anyway nice that you found your way on this board. :yes:

I would love to hear more...
:drama:

Nicole

Nicole

No, it was the old guard critics who came up with the shirts. Ask one of them when exactly that was, but as far as I can say, early or mid '90s is probably correct.

EDIT
You can see those shirts in some of Mark Bunker's old videos.

Also: Look for some old LMT- (Lisa McPherson Trust) stuff, I believe that's where these shirts stem from.

:ohmy:

I lived behind a curtain or wall or .... :nervous:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Mark,

You can pump out a gazillion of "PR & Cult damage control" threads, and spread them all over the internet and/or any media. That will not not change my skeptic point of view.

What might change my view, would be a few clear answers to these questions:

What do you know about Paulette Cooper and operation freakout?
What do you know about Lisa McPhearson?
What do you know about operation snowwhite?

(Please reply with a recent point of view, not one you might have had in the past)

If you have anything to answer to the above questions, then here's my last one for now: Did that change your personal opinion about the criticism that you had to deal with over the years in any way?

Outethicsofficer

Hello, this is Mark Janicello. I heard about this Forum from one of my fans.
I see there have been a few posts about me here.

Regarding my video -- of COURSE I am being VERY careful about what I am saying.
I know how SCN works. I already spent 4,5 years in court dealing with the outfall of my years with SCN. I certainly don't want to be taken back into court by Mr. Miscavage and Co...

For those who don't believe that I could be arrested for singing the Ave maria,
you are very wrong. Take a look here:

Although I am not speaking about the tech publicly, I have a very, VERY strong opinion about it - -but I am keeping that for myself. Like I say, me and my book are being VERY CAREFULLY watched.

I am walking a fine line... and will continue to do.

As to the rest of the comments, when the book comes out in English, you will get the full story.

Regards,
Mark

Welcome Mark,
I enjoyed the interview. When going from being in a cult to somewhere else we can be wobbly on our feet...making it hard to walk that fine line. I wish you the very best for the future.
Cheers
James

marjan

Patron with Honors
Hello Mr. Nobody and Nicole,

I am not here to change your points of view. That's your job, not mine.

I don't know who you are, or what your relationship with SCN is, or was.
Obviously, you are still quite angry about a lot of things, which I can understand.

The chapter about my being arrested in Munich is what opens my book.
I sang "Ave maria" a capella, in a legal demonstration for religious freedom and was taken into police custody. You can choose to believe that or not, but that is what happened.

As to the Verfassungschutz etc... Direct information was given to me from numerous record company executives, Concert Promoters and Theater Owners, who I know very well and trust. Whether the Verfassungschutz will admit to it or not, I know it existed. I saw it.

The facts are the facts. Just to give you one example, In June 1998, I had appeared 4 hours on different National TV stations in Germany in just that one month. I have NEVER appeared on national tv in Germany since then.

Tomorrow, I will be on "MDR um 12". That is my first national TV appearance since 1998.

Whatever you think you know, you don't have all the information.
I know MY story. I was there. I lived it, and I have the battle scars, the lawsuits and lived through the libel, slander and humiliation that went along with it.

I am not defending SCN in any way. I am just telling MY story, not yours, MINE.
However, you may continue to be as skeptical as you choose.

I have an opinion on ALL the legal issues you brought up, but that is not something I will comment on on a public forum. As I said, I have a very fine line to walk, and that is what I shall continue to do.

One last thing, I have no problem with criticism. I DO have a problem with death threats, slander, and public humiliation.
You CANNOT uphold the law by breaking it, or taking it into your own hands.

None of the Anti-Scientology protesters ever tried to contact me.
None of the press ever checked the veracity of the stories (mostly complete fabrications) they were writing.

If you want to criticize me, criticize me for something that I DID, not something imaginary.

While I can understand that many people want to destroy SCN, I had never broken any law.
Yet, I was treated as the worst criminal.
I had never enforced my opinion or beliefs on anyone.
I had NEVER mis-used one of my audiences to make PR or Advertising for SCN.
What happened to me was simply not OK. You can say whatever you want.
It was neither legal nor moral.

Regards, Mark

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hello Mr. Nobody and Nicole,

I am not here to change your points of view. That's your job, not mine.

I don't know who you are, or what your relationship with SCN is, or was.
Obviously, you are still quite angry about a lot of things, which I can understand.

The chapter about my being arrested in Munich is what opens my book.
I sang "Ave maria" a capella, in a legal demonstration for religious freedom and was taken into police custody. You can choose to believe that or not, but that is what happened.

As to the Verfassungschutz etc... Direct information was given to me from numerous record company executives, Concert Promoters and Theater Owners, who I know very well and trust. Whether the Verfassungschutz will admit to it or not, I know it existed. I saw it.

The facts are the facts, Mr. Nobody. Just to give you one example, In June 1998, I had appeared 4 hours on different National TV stations in Germany in just that one month. I have NEVER appeared on national tv in Germany since then.

Tomorrow, I will be on "MDR um 12". That is my first national TV appearance since 1998.

Whatever you think you know, you don't have all the information.
I know MY story. I was there. I lived it, and I have the battle scars, the lawsuits and lived through the libel, slander and humiliation that went along with it.

I am not defending SCN in any way. I am just telling MY story, not yours, MINE.
However, you may continue to be as skeptical as you choose.

I have an opinion on ALL the legal issues you brought up, but that is not something I will comment on on a public forum. As I said, I have a very fine line to walk, and that is what I shall continue to do.

Regards, Mark

I notice that none of my questions has been addressed in any way, shape or form, let alone been answered. I think that settles it for me ATM.

marjan

Patron with Honors
I notice that none of my questions has been addressed in any way, shape or form, let alone been answered. I think that settles it for me ATM.

I re-edited my answer, as I hit the send button too early.
Read it again.

Regards, Mark