What's new

Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money back

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Re: Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money bac

I hope he does! Maybe some will ask why in hell she, the former captain of FSO was declared and pull the string....

Mimsey

Jeezus Mimsey, the next bona-fide, believing scientologist who pulls a string on anything will be the first!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Marty gives account of Debbie Cook donations, and says you can get your money bac

The problem with this is the lack of consistence will kill any interest in Debbie Cook as far as the media is concerned. They will see her as old news now, since she can't exude further on her maltreatment in Scientology.

The media will look for other events to report on.

Yupperz Smurf, Debbie is just a flash-in-the-pan media-wise imho.

Media is about stories, as far as cult goes they'll be waiting with the net for the next installment to an on-going story.
More and more speak out is a given, DC is still drinketh the koolaid isn't as interesting as what is still unspoken by so many, give it time.
The drama of Marty? OMFG! I am trying to imagine why the fuck I'd even care about his 'pedestal projections' and needs for stroking.
Its a frikken scam, and if those who've escaped scilon-land still want to hold the thoughts of a demented retard ( LRon), then so be it, may they find their ways out in time.
I am not meaning this to get into a ranty thingie, but holy-hell, and imma gonna Godwin here, just because Hitler's experiments produced some usable scientific data, doesn't mean he had something on the ball :angry:
Hubbard produced nothing but grief and stupid, if people want to laud his 'accomplishments', then the derp is deep, a viral wart in the minds of mankind.
Thankfully the human spirit is made of tougher stuff and I think will endure most anything, just a cryin' shame that it gets so thusly tested.
*sigh*

:cheers:

Lone Star

Crusader

Scott Pilutik made an interesting analysis of the agreement

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/how_debbie_cook_exposed_scientology.php

[snips]
"Debbie Cook signed a mean-as-hell non-disclosure agreement when she left her job with Scientology. She got to violate it, once carefully (her New Year's Eve e-mail), another time in court (her February 9 testimony), and one more time on national television (on Nightline). Then, instead of paying possibly millions of dollars in damages, she paid the church nothing and turned the clock back to December 31 as if none of it had happened. "

[snips]

Very insightful article. It answered my questions. I'm more convinced now that DC did not receive any money prior to this agreement. Of course many will believe the largely Marty fed conspiracy that she did. Marty....what a maroon. Move on to your next scheme MRs. You'll have to find other ways to pay for airline tickets.

Terril park

Sponsor

Very insightful article. It answered my questions. I'm more convinced now that DC did not receive any money prior to this agreement. Of course many will believe the largely Marty fed conspiracy that she did. Marty....what a maroon. Move on to your next scheme MRs. You'll have to find other ways to pay for airline tickets.

I don't think that has been resolved. Scott gave a lawyers viewpoint, and is no doubt an informed legal viewpoint. However we are dealing with a paranoid dwarf who is insane and desparate to avoid being subpoened.

The traditional working of OSA bureaus are once intel, PR and legal fails
one handles with finance. Buys the result.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Re: Debbie does...?

Yes, I agree with everything you posted here. But what you are talking about is the effect that the entire situation from Debbie's email forward had on the cult. I was responding in particular to the notion that Ray Jeffreys gave DM and the cult an "ass whupping". Again, he did a great job of representing the interests of his client. His direction to have DC testify about her experience in 'the hole' was a brilliant move. It forced the cult to the negotiating table and effectively took the wind out of DM's lawsuit going forward.

But perhaps it would've been a bigger ass whupping if it had gone forward and she had oppurtunity to testify even more.
. . .
True. I can, however, understand why a person might not want to martyr herself for the cause, especially when she's got some good licks in and is then offered a chance to get away scot free. Some people would fight to the end, for a principle... but expecting moral courage from a person whose role model continues to be L Ron Hubbard is generally going to lead to disappointment.

There is also some value in still having more evidence to give, just to make sure that Miscavige's goon squad stays honest. If Cook had said everything she possibly could about abuses within Scientology, she has no real defense against future harassment. This way, she has a tactical nuclear response that prevents the Church of Scientology stalking her. Heck, if she died in mysterious circumstances I'm sure Ray Jeffreys' files could be examined, to see what else she knew. That might seem extreme, but I think there have been altogether too many mysterious deaths among Scientologists.

. . .
If she did get money it will be terrific if it somehow leaks out and becomes widely known as fact. That will definitely help to wake more members up. Because we know that DM is telling them that this was a total victory, and that Debbie's case had no merit, and she is just a disgruntled SP. Most of them will nod their heads in agreement for the time being.
A point to note here is that what DM is telling them matters less and less with each passing day. Within the Scientology microcosm, doublethink allows the victims to believe a lot of strange things, or at least to reach some kind of accommodation with the lies. People get past it, though. They get tired of the "all hands" bullshit, or of endless recruitment and fundraising that does nothing towards what they were promised. When the time is right to wake up, they do so. A re-examination of a prominent story, reading the information in the public domain, does a lot to turn the minor rebellion of looking at stuff on the Internet into a major rebellion... and then there's one more ex, and one less clam.