What's new

My Friend is Trying To Reconnect

sglanz

My friend is an ex-scientologist who would like to connect to other ex-scientologists. She does not use a computer or smart phone, so has asked me to post this on her behalf. To protect her privacy, I am not disclosing her name, etc. on this post. If anyone feels so inclined, please send me a private message through this board, and I will discuss further details, including how to contact my friend by phone or mail if appropriate. Thanks!

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
My friend is an ex-scientologist who would like to connect to other ex-scientologists. She does not use a computer or smart phone, so has asked me to post this on her behalf. To protect her privacy, I am not disclosing her name, etc. on this post. If anyone feels so inclined, please send me a private message through this board, and I will discuss further details, including how to contact my friend by phone or mail if appropriate. Thanks!

You do understand that scientology is a worldwide group that's been around for 60 years, right? The cult is pretty famous for trolling for information on exes so just posting a generic, "if you're an ex contact me and I promise via proxy I will let my anonymous friend know about it" post probably won't get much of a response.

Maybe your friend should at least frame her request by saying the country and approximate time period she was involved. There are plenty of public exes who write blogs and it might be best to contact them rather than ask a board full of many other anonymous exes to faithfully divulge their contact details to you in hopes of speaking with another mysterious ex who doesn't use a computer.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Not to be negative or anything but not how it's done.

When she is using a computer or a smart phone and has done some reading on the internet tell her to join esmb and post some of her stuff.

Most of us are exes and some new "ex" coming along does not get to make the rules .

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry if this is cynical but - I take this as another sign the cult is close to total collapse.

Even the trolling has been farmed out to clueless non-English speaking slave labour

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I tried to PM you but I was unable to get through.

Send me a private message and I will help her.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry if this is cynical but - I take this as another sign the cult is close to total collapse.

Even the trolling has been farmed out to clueless non-English speaking slave labour

Agreed. I though it could be because membership/activity here is up, but I don't know that OSA is switched on enough to be able to figure that out. It is more likely they are shedding people, or worried that people who are onlines are browsing here.

Any newbies here, we get threads like these often and they are probably OSA trying to snare new people to the board. If you are onlines or if you have family that are in, don't respond to this.

Not sure what Knows situation is, but he/she has been here for ages and knows what he/she is doing.

Hypatia

Pagan

She'd like to connect but isn't providing any identifying info and doesn't use technology that's been around for twenty years and you want the reader's information first. Sure- what could possibly go wrong? :duh:

Adam7986

Declared SP

NRkwE97.jpg

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors

I'm curious as to how you found this message board. I'm guessing you are not or never have been a member of the church ? Is this the first and only place where you've left a message? Don't take this as an interrogation, just a couple of questions.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dude. I'm a never-in and I don't hand out my ID to strangers. I'm as cautious as any Ex in that regard, and the handful of people on this board who know who I am IRL have proven themselves to be extremely trustworthy over years of interactions. That's what it takes to gain trust in the realm of $cientology criticism.

OSA still has enough teeth to troll the license plate numbers of people parked on a private street attending the party of a known Ex so they can (and did!) kick out people flying under the radar to maintain family connections. So forgive us if you're for real. Everyone here has reason to be suspicious.

What you just did is so spectacularly naive (asking for confidential data) in a forum that's been trolled many times, that Occam's Razor says you're most likely an agent of the Kult. If you don't like the results you're getting, you need to change your MO post haste.

Adam7986

Declared SP

"hello. I am someone on planet earth. Do you know me? Do I know you? Send me every detail about your life, all your pictures and a few nudes please, with your social security number and credit cards. Then I might contact you."

sglanz

You do understand that scientology is a worldwide group that's been around for 60 years, right? The cult is pretty famous for trolling for information on exes so just posting a generic, "if you're an ex contact me and I promise via proxy I will let my anonymous friend know about it" post probably won't get much of a response.

Maybe your friend should at least frame her request by saying the country and approximate time period she was involved. There are plenty of public exes who write blogs and it might be best to contact them rather than ask a board full of many other anonymous exes to faithfully divulge their contact details to you in hopes of speaking with another mysterious ex who doesn't use a computer.

That makes sense. She was in Scientology USA. I have an idea about where and when, but not precisely. Will have to ask her.

I'm curious as to how you found this message board. I'm guessing you are not or never have been a member of the church ? Is this the first and only place where you've left a message? Don't take this as an interrogation, just a couple of questions.

Correct. I have never been a member. This is the only place I left a message.

Dude. I'm a never-in and I don't hand out my ID to strangers. I'm as cautious as any Ex in that regard, and the handful of people on this board who know who I am IRL have proven themselves to be extremely trustworthy over years of interactions. That's what it takes to gain trust in the realm of $cientology criticism.

OSA still has enough teeth to troll the license plate numbers of people parked on a private street attending the party of a known Ex so they can (and did!) kick out people flying under the radar to maintain family connections. So forgive us if you're for real. Everyone here has reason to be suspicious.

What you just did is so spectacularly naive (asking for confidential data) in a forum that's been trolled many times, that Occam's Razor says you're most likely an agent of the Kult. If you don't like the results you're getting, you need to change your MO post haste.

I'm for real and so is my friend. But I totally understand your logic. So yes, my post was a bit naive. Thanks for explaining.

Send me a fax with your post office box number. I'll send over some floppy disks.

I will try to send you a private message, but I don't think I have a floppy disk reader.

Thanks for the links. My friend is not well, and I think her protest days have long passed. But these sites lists the names of some protesters, so maybe she can find some of her old friends there.

Here's an opportunity to meet many ex-scientologists:
http://www.howdycon.com/

If that's not an option I would recommend that she do get a smart phone or Tablet computer and have a friend or family member show her how to use it. She can meet Ex'es online all over the world that way. :yes:

She can get an Amazon Fire for $49.99 over here:
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-...F8&qid=1465516254&sr=8-3&keywords=amazon+fire

I wish she was technical, but she's not. She cannot use tablet or computer, and only uses phone for calls. Thanks for the ex link.

That was uncalled for.

I tried to PM you but I was unable to get through.

Send me a private message and I will help her.

Thanks, will do.

She'd like to connect but isn't providing any identifying info and doesn't use technology that's been around for twenty years and you want the reader's information first. Sure- what could possibly go wrong? :duh:

Makes sense. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
It really is a shame that your friend can't get an iPad, or a smartphone. It would be much easier for your friend to connect with ex-Scientologists, as you are doing.
Can't you help your friend get one?
You have been posting here for 3 months and your friend is...?

ethercat

Cat in flight
sglanz, I have merged your latest posts into one.

Let me introduce you to the "Multi-quote" feature. If you click the quote symbol (speech bubble with ") with the plus sign (+) on it, at the lower right of each post you want to quote, then select "Reply to thread", it will give you a posting window with all of the posts you selected quoted in one message. Cool, huh?

sglanz

It really is a shame that your friend can't get an iPad, or a smartphone. It would be much easier for your friend to connect with ex-Scientologists, as you are doing.
Can't you help your friend get one?
You have been posting here for 3 months and your friend is...?

I will not disclose her name and contact information publicly. So far, nobody has sent me a private message from this board, even after I sent them private messages. Maybe I'm getting them but don't see them. My friend has a disability and cannot use an iPad, computer or smart phone. She can only talk by phone.