What's new

Oh no - it's here again already - regging time!!!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi guys,

Unfortunately another year has rolled by, we are all a bit older, and ESMB has to pay for its hosting for another year.

The good news is that it won't be so bad this year. I have already received some donations before today (a big thanks to Lohan especially) and also have some $$ left over from the legal defence money. I did send out emails to all donors asking what they wanted to do with their donation but I still haven't heard from everyone. Most people were happy to donate to Nick Xenophon so I sent $2000 a few months ago. For those who didn't reply this is your last chance to either get it back or give it to Nick. If I don't hear from you I'll be using it to help fund ESMB for 2012.

I'm currently negotiating with Siteground to see what deal they will offer me and once I know what the costs will be, and what I've already got to put towards it, I'll give you the details & put up a pledgie button as usual.

It's usually around USD $2500 per year. This year I'll have close to $1000 already so I we'll only need to raise around $1500 I think.

More later.

BTW....I freaking HATE doing this. Every year I hate it and it never gets easier. :nervous:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
BTW....I freaking HATE doing this. Every year I hate it and it never gets easier.

It's never easy to ask for $$$---However, in your case,
due to the vast majority of us soooo happy to be here, I don't
think it's out of line to say most of us understand.

These are times when I really wish I had tons of money. I don't...so perhaps
a basic $20/each would do? If you have 125 people, that'd do it, right?
If you have half---$40. Just a suggestion....you know what works best.
(Any xtra you can use for things like to Nick, etc). My 2 cents...

Lots of love----:rose:

Tory/Magoo

Purple Rain

Crusader
Don't feel bad. People wouldn't support it if they didn't find it valuable. A free service would never cope with the kind of traffic that ESMB gets. I can't do much, but I'm more than happy to chip in - $10-$20 would be quite affordable.

:rose:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Count me in for $100. Thats what I donated last year and compared
to what I "donated" to the COS it's a drop in the bucket.

Thank you for all of your effort and time in maintaining this board.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
It might be easier on you and the board if some sort of fund was set up for year round giving. I mean after this cycle another will be upon us. I forgot, where do we send money?

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi guys,

-snip-
BTW....I freaking HATE doing this. Every year I hate it and it never gets easier. :nervous:

And we love you for the reason you need to do it. I like Winston's idea of just having a year-round way to donate. I also would like to see you, say, put the money into an interest bearing account and AT LEAST take the interest for yourself. Probably wouldn't make you a millionaire, but.... Thanks Emma!

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
:yes:Worth Every Penny!!!! I need my ESMB addiction. Let us know where to send money! Again and Again, Thank you for doing all this Emma!:wink2:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yah, payday is next week for both John and myself. Kinda skimpy week due to property taxes being due, but I will definitely contribute then. I'll see how much I can do.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ems,

You shouldn’t feel embarrassed about this, most of us love the chance to give something back.

And, as Panda said, it is worth every cent. I mean, where else could you get hour after hour of such thrilling entertainment for a handful of cents a day? HH witticisms alone are worth more than the admission price!

If everyone paid at least $10, we would only need a couple of hundred to chip in. Surely everyone who hangs out here can afford that?

Axiom142

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ok, so I've heard back from the hosting company. Here is their reply to me:

emailsiteground.jpg

They have a newer range of servers now, and a better one than we are on for the same price of $219 per month. The details are here:

http://www.siteground.com/dedicated_server_details.htm?dedt=22

I've decided to pay the $99 set up fee because I think it's worth going on to a faster server.

I have about USD $1250 left over from the legal donations & also what has been donated recently by ESMBers.

So the cost is $2595 - $1250 = $1345 (plus paypal fees 3.5%) totals $1392.

I'll set up a pledgie and put a button on the site.

One thing to remember with Pledgie - If you want to remain anonymous (i.e if you don't remain anonymous your paypal name will appear as a donor on the list) PLEASE remember to tick the box or change the appropriate details. It's been a year since I used Pledgie and it looks like they might have improved this part of the service. I'll add more about his when I've tested it.

Let me know if you run into any problems and thank you all for your amazing support.

Edit: In setting up the Pledgie I notice that they now take 3% (it used to be free). This adds an additional $40 so the total will be $1434.00

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
It might be easier on you and the board if some sort of fund was set up for year round giving. I mean after this cycle another will be upon us. I forgot, where do we send money?

To us @ Apocalyptic Bank Account # 342715490382659. And do it generously (& quickly), please. Thank you. Lol.

Apocalyptic