What's new

Oh no - it's here again already - regging time!!!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Update on using Pledgie

I've just mucked around with it a bit and they have changed it from last year. Now you can log in with Facebook or Twitter if you want your name & donation amount on the list. If you don't log in you remain anonymous (automatically YEAH) but so does your donation amount.

However, when Paypal sends me a notification of the donation, your paypal details come through to me...i.e your real name etc. (Obviously I don't publish those).

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Yarr, that time again.. I'm actually surprised none of the Ex's have justed hosted this wonderful site for 5-10 years, what, nobody's ever been helped? OMG peoples!

<3 <3 <3 to Emma and All, iffin I could do more, than I would, I would, hey if some hates me here thaen maybe they could host and I'll go away! Open to suggestions! :p
:shrug:

:heartflower: :heart: :hug:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Yarr, that time again.. I'm actually surprised none of the Ex's have justed hosted this wonderful site for 5-10 years, what, nobody's ever been helped? OMG peoples!

<3 <3 <3 to Emma and All, iffin I could do more, than I would, I would, hey if some hates me here thaen maybe they could host and I'll go away! Open to suggestions! :p
:shrug:

:heartflower: :heart: :hug:

Who could possibly hate you Ogs???? :confused2:

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
Donation done.

Thanks, Emma. This Forum was a huge help when I got the hell out of Dodge a year ago. I still read it almost daily. In fact, I go to it before I go to the Drudge Report - that's sayin' somethin'!!

Go Texas Rangers!!
Roiger

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'll be able to send something a week from today. If the target is already met which I'm sure It will be, than please apply my donation towards alcohol, food, or any worthwhile purpose. :yes:

BTW....I freaking HATE doing this.

I hate this as well - because what I've been able to afford in the past (and present) is only the tiniest of fractions of what ESMB is actually worth to me.
I so much would like to put more zero's at the end of my donation amount.

OK, I figured it out.

Is the answer "42"? :unsure:

~snip~

Is the answer "42"? :unsure:

YES!!!

You win a Kewpie doll! :biggrin:

images

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
That pledgie went too damn fast! We sent some anyway so you'll have a bit extra for technical support or whatever you might need it for.

I'd suggest that anyone else who was waiting for a payday or whatever do the same, so Emma will have a comfortable reserve to keep things going.

Emma, thank-you for all your hard work in keeping ESMB going.

:thankyou:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
A day or so ago I made a donation to ESMB. Emma may use my donation for whatever she wishes.

While I was in the process of making my donation I got to thinking about all that ESMB and all Y’all have meant to me over this last 18 months or so and all that has been given, so freely, by others here that has taught me, encouraged me, touched my heart and made me laugh, cry, angry, frustrated, pensive, shocked, amazed, happy, disturbed, silly, warm, thoughtful…in short, enriched my life beyond words.

I got to thinking that 25 Cents a day (US) can’t even buy a candy bar, a soft drink, a beer, a bottle of water, etc, etc.

25 Cents each day for 365 days is $91.25. If just 50 of Us donated $91.25 to ESMB that would equal $4,562.50.

If 100 of Us donated 12.5 Cents a day for 365 days it would be $45.63 each to equal $4,562.50.

If 150 of Us donated 8.3 Cents a day for 365 days it would be $30.41 each to equal $4,562.50.

$4,526.50 is 3 times what Emma needs to cover the “Hard Costs” for ESMB for another year.

As I write this I see that the donations have passed the $1,500 mark.

So, what’s the point of this post?

ESMB--unlike the CofS--has no “measure" of your "value”. What you post and how much you post is not a "measure" of your “value” on ESMB. Reading, reflecting, learning, and going forward with and having your life back cannot be measured by a monetary or capricious and arbitrarily assigned "value". I think Emma knows that--if I may be so bold as to proffer an opinion of what I think Emma knows--and I think all of Us know that, as well.

$1,500 is the “Hard Costs” for ESMB for the next year.

What about the “Soft Costs”? What about the “Soft Costs” over all these years? Years and years of all of Us freely speaking our Hearts...permanently, for the record...what is that worth?

Emma’s never ever gonna say nothin’ ‘bout that folks…you know that and I know that…she’s not doing this for the “dough”…she’s doing it for all of Us.

I’m not here for the “dough” and you’re not here for the “dough” and Emma, sure as Hades, ain’t here for the “dough”.

I’m just sayin’ that for a few pennies a day a hundred of Us, more or less, could give Emma a little “breathing Room”.

“And, that’s all I have to say ‘bout that.” Forrest Gump

Face :)

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
WOW! All done in just over 24 hours. :omg:

You guys are amazing. Thanks a million! :happydance:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Since you have more than enough for this year's hosting, Emma, feel free to spend my small donation too on beer or cigs etc. instead of ESMB's hosting for this year or next. :)

Paul

Jump

Operating teatime
That pledgie went too damn fast! We sent some anyway so you'll have a bit extra for technical support or whatever you might need it for.

I'd suggest that anyone else who was waiting for a payday or whatever do the same, so Emma will have a comfortable reserve to keep things going.

:thumbsup: :coolwink:

Osiris

Patron with Honors

Hi Michelle,

I have just donated, I totally agree with Kookaburra,

Thank you for the Great Forum,

It will always be worth supporting :yes:

Cheers :clap:

Osiris

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Update

The new server is up & running. The software & databases were all transferred yesterday. I haven't really noticed any difference in the speed or snappiness of the site but maybe some of you have?

There are some issues with some people logging in & being told they have tried to login 5 times & to wait 15 mins etc. I'm not sure why that is happening. It's only affecting some folks and it doesn't seem to care where you are from (one Aussie, one American, One Dane & one Brit that I'm aware of). If this happens to you please don't panic - it doesn't mean you've been hacked. Just wait the 15 minutes, clear your cache & cookies and refresh your browser by hitting the F5 button before you try to log in again. If this still doesn't work email me.