What's new

the two topics the press can't ask tom cruise

Here's the 2 topics press aren't allowed to ask Tom Cruise about while he promotes the new 'Mission: Impossible'

Just saw this - Mimsey

Tom Cruise's publicity team has enforced a strict no personal questions mandate for access to the star during the "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" publicity tour, an individual with knowledge told The Wrap.

Cruise has done everything this week from taking on Jimmy Fallon in a lip synch battle to sharing workout tips with Jon Stewart, but none of the hosts have asked Cruise's thoughts on the explosive HBO documentary "Going Clear," which highlights the alleged abuses that goes on at The Church of Scientology, which Cruise is a devout member of.

According to The Wrap story, Cruise's camp has banned any personal life questions or mention of "Going Clear" in his interviews.

An individual who worked closely with Cruise in 2006 on press and appearances told The Wrap that Cruise has been increasingly mum about Scientology over the last ten years. However, that was not the case in '06.

"Around the third 'Mission: Impossible' we had journalists who took Scientology orientations just so they could speak intelligently with Tom about it," the person told The Wrap.
"Going Clear," directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney, portrays Cruise and John Travolta, who is also a Scientologist, as the church's most prized possessions who cannot leave even if they wanted to because Scientology has hours of their deepest secrets reported in "audits." The film even alleges that Crusie is aware of the abuses suffered by Sea Organization members, the clergy of Scientology.

Cruise's reps have not yet responded to requests for comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/scientology-dating-questions-banned-during-195805455.html

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Making sure that Cruise doesn't talk about his personal life and/or scientology at all is one of the smarter moves. It's not what the media wants but it's certainly what the CofS would want at this point.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Making sure that Cruise doesn't talk about his personal life and/or scientology at all is one of the smarter moves. It's not what the media wants but it's certainly what the CofS would want at this point.

and there you go. Scientology is supposedly all about communication, increase thereof. :roflmao::roflmao:

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's not about affinity or reality either.

You sure have a point there. Xenu, whole track implants, H Bombs 75 million years ago blowing up billions of beings on Teegeeack, complete and utter hatred for anything having to do with Psychology or the field of mental health, Tom's statement that a Scientologist is the only one who can do anything about an accident, enforced disconnection of families, abortions of Sea Org women, David Miscavige punching, slapping, choking and kicking his staff members, etc. Not much reality or affinity.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
It's not about affinity or reality either.

Sure it is, what do you think Love Bombing is all about, but to increase Affinity, and Reality flows along with it, getting ones agreement, to be shiny happy people.

As Nora explains in her video, over on Tony O blog, one has to be Tone 4, enthusiast all the time, what is that but Affinity, and trying to create the reality that life in the SO or Scientology is Tone 4.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I think it is re-e-e-eal nice that Tom Cruise has been SHUT UP! No more of his public yammerings is fine with me.

And I still think Jon Stewart was pretty damn clever, while discussing future Mission Impossible movies, with Cruise, to get the "Why don't they drop you into a volcano?" question in.

Leland

Crusader
I think it is re-e-e-eal nice that Tom Cruise has been SHUT UP! No more of his public yammerings is fine with me.

And I still think Jon Stewart was pretty damn clever, while discussing future Mission Impossible movies, with Cruise, to get the "Why don't they drop you into a volcano?" question in.

Yes, if Jon Stewart said that....it is brilliant!

I'd like to see a YouTube vid of that for sure...!!

Did you see it, and did you see any reaction from TC....to the question?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tom Cruise either didn't register any Scientology reference to the volcano question or pretended not to. Stewart made no attempt to steer it in that direction and just went along with Cruise talking about what a "great idea", "rappelling" in and on volcanoes.