What's new

URSULA CABERTA RETIRES FROM THE STATE OF HAMBURG GOVERNMENT

Graham Berry

Patron with Honors
IMPORTANT NEWS. On February 1, 2013 Fr. Ursula Caberta of the State of Hamburg Working Group on Scientology is retiring after more than twenty years of being one of the biggest thorns in the side of the Church of Scientology. She has been a heroic fighter and seeker of the truth who has endured some of the worst imaginable "fair game" from the Church's Office of Special Affairs and it's covert agents. Wikipedia has a good page on her but I was not able to share it. I want to thank Ursula from her wonderful friendship to me over the years and what she has done to expose the human rights and civil rights abuses of the corporate Church of Scientology and it's leader David Miscavige. Ursula is now writing what she claims is her final book on the Church and its sordid history of blackmail, bribery and secular fraud.

Graham Berry

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

caberta_HA_Heimat_H_879102c.jpg

L E G E N D​

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
We met in 1996, had a drink at the Watergate Bar, talked about a few things, then sat with Rennate Rennenbach (pardon spelling) and two other party leaders, one of which I believe was Ms Angela Merkle. Meanwhile Thierry Duchanac - Talon Investigations, a working extension of OSA DC, was outside taking pictures through the glass walls.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:confused2: Is this the EP of hanging with Marty Rathbun? :runaway:

[video=youtube;ku4swevIwdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4swevIwdk[/video]

I know she's been through much and appreciate all that she had done. And feel terrible that she's been put through the ringer by the cult, but I was never comfortable with her enjoining with Marty last year. Her office was closed down by cult efforts and then she's got him on the podium and now she's retiring. I do hope it's of her own free will. And I applaud her writing a book. I just wonder....

Danger Mouse

Patron with Honors
Since Borders went bankrupt a year or so ago, let's hope there is an anti-Scientology section at Barnes & Noble instead. (Actually, on the release date, B&N didn't stock Sweeney's book but they had Wright's available in both print and audiobook.) And let's hope that the Church of Dave joins Borders in the dustbin of history.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors

[video=youtube;ku4swevIwdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4swevIwdk[/video]

I know she's been through much and appreciate all that she had done. And feel terrible that she's been put through the ringer by the cult, but I was never comfortable with her enjoining with Marty last year. Her office was closed down by cult efforts and then she's got him on the podium and now she's retiring. I do hope it's of her own free will. And I applaud her writing a book. I just wonder....

I agree. I really wish that she would look into cult mechanics (and hopefully come to the conclusion that Marty's cult juice is still cult juice that is harmful) before she gives any credence to what the Indies are doing.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious

No, it's the EP called retirement :)
In Germany women are able to enter retirement at 63 instead of 65, with little deductions on their pensions.

Now come on, it's not that she went to bed with him.

AnonyMary

No, it's the EP called retirement :)
In Germany women are able to enter retirement at 63 instead of 65, with little deductions on their pensions.

Now come on, it's not that she went to bed with him.

One doesn't have to sleep with the enemy if they already got what they wanted. She was already semi-retired after the cult got her office closed down. Perhaps her thoughts were that having Rathbun on the podium was her last shot at sticking it to the cult. But in doing so, she gave credibility to someone who hurt many people in the past and was not being accountable for those acts. My point being that it was not a smart move on her part at the time.

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
One doesn't have to sleep with the enemy if they already got what they wanted. She was already semi-retired after the cult got her office closed down. Perhaps her thoughts were that having Rathbun on the podium was her last shot at sticking it to the cult. But in doing so, she gave credibility to someone who hurt many people in the past and was not being accountable for those acts. My point being that it was not a smart move on her part at the time.

I don't think that gave Marty much credibility. I think that despite Marty's efforts, most people who don't know much about Scientology would look at what he said and say, "Scientology is crazy."

I kind of agree with the CoS in that Marty has done a lot more to harm the Scientology and Hubbard brands than he has to help them.

Unlike the CoS, I think this is a good thing. :)

AnonyMary

I don't think that gave Marty much credibility. I think that despite Marty's efforts, most people who don't know much about Scientology would look at what he said and say, "Scientology is crazy."

I kind of agree with the CoS in that Marty has done a lot more to harm the Scientology and Hubbard brands than he has to help them.

Unlike the CoS, I think this is a good thing. :)

It lent credibility. That Marty was a good guy. To the Germans, the media and to others watching it unawares. There was her allegiance to Marty on camera, which was a slap in the face to quite a few people who deserved better. But it was her decision. One that dismayed many.

It doesn't matter now because it's over. And so is her government career, which was held hostage to the cult. I hope she has a blockbuster best selling book. I hope it helps Germany keep the cult out of Germany.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Tony Ortega posted on this earlier today:
http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/31/ur...cientology-in-germany-for-20-years/#more-3384

Ursula Caberta Retiring: Her Thoughts On Fighting Scientology in Germany for 20 Years
Tomorrow, Ursula Caberta will retire from her post with the Hamburg state government after spending more than 20 years investigating Scientology’s influence in Germany.
Yesterday, we had a lengthy telephone conversation with her, and reviewed some of the highlights of her career, which was one of the most troublesome for Scientology in Europe.

“I’m done with my work for Hamburg. I’m free to do other things, including finishing my final book on Scientology,” she says.

In 1992, she began working with the Hamburg Scientology Task Force, and began spreading word about the alleged abuses in Scientology. She says that one of her main activities was assisting people who wanted to leave the church. Her efforts became well known in the country and in 2007, she was part of a failed push to have Germany’s federal government ban Scientology outright. In 2010, budget cuts ended the Hamburg task force, and now, without more government support, Caberta says it’s time for her to move on as well. She worries that it will mean a resurgence for the church, even with all of the bad publicity Scientology is enduring around the world.

“The state of Hamburg will stop its work on Scientology. In Germany we led the fight that they are a business, that they have nothing to do with religion. But if you’re not working always, day by day, to watch what they’re doing, then you know, in three or four months they’ll be back again,” she says.

And she’s worried about that?

Read Full Post Here: http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/31/ur...cientology-in-germany-for-20-years/#more-3384

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ursula Carberta was a government Minister that many Germans turned to after the "Church" has spiritually raped their $$$$
disconnected and disrupted the family unit and created venom and hate in the family unit.

She took up the cause.

My dear friend Mike Laws attended her retirement ceremony which just occurred in Hamburg.
Lots of images but I will let a little preview occur which Mike said to go ahead on...
Ursula1.jpg

Ursula6.jpg

Ursula7.jpg

Mike Laws wrote:

The ceremony was presented by a state senator, people attended from all over Germany including a minister for children and abuse or violence from Bavaria. At least a dozen accomplished journalists from as far away as Turkey. though I know Ursula very well personally I was startled at how well respected and accomplished she was professionally. One of her books, written only in German, the Scientology Black book has been printed 5 times in two years.
A state minister told me a story, he may have been the gentlest and kindest soul I met there, that when he was inquiring about child neglect the Cult of Scientology sent out agents dressed as nazis in front of his personal house to demonstrate. It is hard to know how offensive this is to Germans unless you are German or have lived in Germany. 5 others said that the same happened to them. Journalists spoke, in the private after party about how their news agencies vetted stories in fear of Scientology. The consensus seemed to be that if Scientology would do this to them, influential people with government protection and authority, then what would they do to everyone else? They all felt they had no choice, they must use their authority to end abuse.

(Mike will tell lots more on return.)

Even though Scientology Inc has been warned many times that their over-the-top rhetoric back fires and does them no good, they continue it.

When Ursula came to the USA, OSA bots met her at the airport screaming "Go home Nazi" with Nazi Swastikas.
Ursula has the book on FAIR GAME documented, available to Governments of the world, and will leave a legacy that is a wealth of knowledge for time immemorial.

I salute you Ursula !
Take a bow.