What's new

Were you a "Scientologist" when you did the Purification Rundown?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
The "Church" claims that the Purification Rundown is a spiritual activity but I would contend that people doing the Purification Rundown do it so early in their Scientology involvement that they do not consider themselves to be Scientologists at the time of doing it but do it because of the claimed health benefits.

If you did the Purification Rundown then did you consider yourself to be a Scientologist when you embarked on it and why did you do it?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
The "Church" claims that the Purification Rundown is a spiritual activity but I would contend that people doing the Purification Rundown do it so early in their Scientology involvement that they do not consider themselves to be Scientologists at the time of doing it but do it because of the claimed health benefits.

If you did the Purification Rundown then did you consider yourself to be a Scientologist when you embarked on it and why did you do it?

I was early in my Scientology life but I did consider myself a Scientologist becasue i had bought into the idea that I was doing this so that I could see my mental image pictures better so I could do auditing and regain my immortality. The health benifits were not so importatnt be casue my health was really good.

I do have to say that I loved the Purif. I physically felt amazing for a long time afterwards and I also had a huge blowout release when I accidntaly over ran it then had a "rehab auditing process done" It was one of those things where I felt I was looking down from the top of the room and I was laughing for days afterward.
I wanted more blowouts like that but they never happened.
I did have other good experiences with auditing but nothing like that.

But that win kept me going for a long time. I thought going OT you would feel like that all the time.

i don't care what anyone says . I would do the purif again. but the human rights criminal issues of Scientology can't be overlooked and that is why they must be reformed or dissolved

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I blew after a couple of courses, so I never got to Purif. But two things.....

1. I was starting to consider myself a clam because I agreed with a lot of the LRH mind over matter type world view.

2. Isn't the EP of Purif seeing LRH? How does that work if you're not a Scientologist? What is the EP for the secular version of Purif (by which I mean Narconon or those Scno detox clinics that claim to be secular)?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Yeah, I was one then, cuz I'd been in a while, long enough to think of myself as being that label.

But you're right. A lot of n00bs are put on it, just about first thing. So your question's a good one.

Gadfly

Crusader
I was in the Sea Org. In 1980 an INT/WDC mission came to the Toronto Org where I was a Flag Rep. They had me "run" the "sweat out program", where it was being run as a "pilot". It was in the testing stage. Basically the Toronto staff were the guinea pigs!

The results were being sent uplines, and Hubbard was readjusting the program as we did it. I don't know if the same thing was being done in other orgs.

First, we started in those rubber sweat suits. But at some point that was cancelled. I had to arrange saunas at various hotels, fitness centers, apartment buildings and YMCAs, so that ALL the staff could do the program.

It was interesting watching it evolve into the "Purification Rundown". I was ordered to do surveys on both staff and raw public, to find out the best "buttons" and "images" for such a "rundown".

I think I did it for about 67 days! Ugggghhhhh! Drinking all that disgusting OIL! Cups of it at a time.

Later in life I did various "clean me out programs", such as a "colon cleanse" (ref: Jensen, Anderson), and I found them to be MUCH more valuable than Hubbard's "purification" nonsense.