What's new

Really scared

Feral

Rogue male
You sir have been spending altogether too much time of your life (in terms of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or even years) responding to the lives of individuals here on the ESMB (on a computer screen) as opposed to spending a little more time with people in the real world. Which statement though harsh, is at some level true.

For your human/spiritual sensitivities (as a consequence of your physical/social touch, or absence of it) have apparently been lacking in water. So to speak.

If you are simply paranoid that is one thing. But I do not believe you are.

Your condition (based on your statement above) may be worse.

Lol.

Lighten up man. For goodness sake.

mm&i

You obviously see something in Zinj's post that no one else sees, but what?

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
You sir have been spending altogether too much time of your life (in terms of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or even years) responding to the lives of individuals here on the ESMB (on a computer screen) as opposed to spending a little more time with people in the real world. Which statement though harsh, is at some level true.

For your human/spiritual sensitivities (as a consequence of your physical/social touch, or absence of it) have apparently been lacking in water. So to speak.

If you are simply paranoid that is one thing. But I do not believe you are.

Your condition (based on your statement above) may be worse.

Lol.

Lighten up man. For goodness sake.

mm&i

Goodness that pattern of speech is awfully familiar. Could it be-Mojo?

I hope so!

byte301

Crusader
Have we gotten or stayed that paranoid since leaving the CofS? What happened to trust? I know we all lost some or all of our trust since the CofS. But haven't we gotten any trust back at all? I see (read) a person in need, I'm gonna help them if I can. I'm tired of not trusting. I'm tired of thinking someone or some group is out to get me (CofS, OSA). Since being out I've made a few mistakes in trusting people/groups. But at least I put myself out there and learned from those mistakes. And now I think I've grown back into my old trusting self. Who I was before the CofS.

And maybe I'm just brave since I live in TX and if anyone threatens me I can shoot their ass and be protected by the laws of TX.

I'm with you ImOut. Give them the benefit of the doubt. It they turn out to be false nothing was lost but some time typing words on a keyboard anyway. I don't give out personal info to anyone so how could I be harmed?

And for everyone lurking there is some valuable advice on this thread imo.

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
mm&i

Step away from the keyboard and let the thread go!:D

I believe the default on this board should be to accept and believe, then only start doubting once outpoints accumulate. I think SS is genuine.

It's a HUGE deal for someone to post here for the first time. I imagine others are as skittish as I was. I would hate to inadvertently wave off a genuine soul out of paranoia.:no:

To SS:

You've gotten some amazing advice. Just trust you heart and instincts. Things will work out.:yes:

BDH

EastAnon

Patron with Honors
ScaredStiff,

first of all, welcome !

I have taken the liberty of copying your message to WWP.

WWP is the board for Anonymous, the people fighting the cult by ridiculing them. They are quite good at finding stuff.

I understand this is no joke to you. There are people out there who will treat everything as a joke, and you might find answers reflecting that.

I have never been in Scientology, so i cannot advise you regarding that. The only advise i can give you: call 2 friends or relatives and keep them informed of everything that happens.

The advise given here sounds very good. One warning; Scientology reads these boards. If they can track this info down to you and your husband, they will accelerate their efforts. So act quick. Have you secured a lawyer?

I really wish you all the best. Being on the other side of the world makes it hard to help you, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that things work out for you.

For an interesting insight in how these companies operate, look here

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
ScaredStiff,

Here's some info that may be helpful. I know that attorney Ford Greene is still active.

http://stop-wise.biz/lawyer.html

It is possible to retrieve funds from Scientology, it's much more do-able if prompt action is taken. Put your intentions in writing, have it notarized. Do everything you can to protect yourself, and your children, legally and financially.

Historical note. Here's a full page ad, placed by publisher Lyle Stuart in the 'New York Times' from January 1988:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/nytimes/lyle-stewart.htm

It's remarkable that Scientology is still at it. With the Internet, now, and more and more information accumulating, hopefully, things will start changing.

small steps

Patron with Honors
scared stiff

I'm new here and have been what the guys here seem to call "lurking". The advice you've been given here seems to be spot on!!! I don't know any of these guys and they don't yet know me, I'm just not ready to talk about my own experiences yet, but they seem like the good guys to me and they REALLY know what they are talking about! Ihave no advise for you because it's all been said on here already. but I do wish you all the best and I really hope you can keep your family together through this - I didn't. Keep strong!!!!!!!!!

EastAnon

Patron with Honors
Michelle, fear does nothing but criple you.

Take a deep breath and take action. Try to steer.

This is the right place. But you have to know who you are up against and what they do.
Have you contacted a lawyer? Do you have friends or relatives who will stand by YOU?
You want this nightmare to end. So do we. But we can not do what you can do (have to do).

There is no certain path to follow. List your priorities and see what you can do to keep what you value most.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have been reading through all of the post's. Where and to whom am I supposed to turn to? I thought thay by asking for help from people who understand the game I could find a clear path through this nightmare. I realize that I've probablly said too much and maybe it's too late but I guess I didn't think this was the wrong place to look. Now, I'm even more...whatever.
Michelle

Michelle,

You did the right thing by posting here for help/assistance/encouragement. Just ignore the ones that don't think you're real (a troll in message board language). As someone else said, if you're not real, someone will benefit from the words of experience shared here. I have no problem believing you are real. You asked for help, I'll will help whatever way I can. If you do turn out to be a "troll" - oh well.

Take the advice and act on it. Make sure you and your kids are safe financially. You have a hard road ahead of you. Keep your eye on the end result - that you and your kids are safe. And that your husband only suffers minor damage.

God Speed.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
The path is yours to choose...

I have been reading through all of the post's. Where and to whom am I supposed to turn to? I thought thay by asking for help from people who understand the game I could find a clear path through this nightmare. I realize that I've probablly said too much and maybe it's too late but I guess I didn't think this was the wrong place to look. Now, I'm even more...whatever.
Michelle

Michelle, fear does nothing but criple you.

Take a deep breath and take action. Try to steer.

This is the right place. But you have to know who you are up against and what they do.
Have you contacted a lawyer? Do you have friends or relatives who will stand by YOU?
You want this nightmare to end. So do we. But we can not do what you can do (have to do).

There is no certain path to follow. List your priorities and see what you can do to keep what you value most.

It is YOU that has to traverse the path(s) you choose, Michelle. That is the fact of the matter.

There are multiple paths that lead out.

Get started. A marathon runner once told me that the most difficult part of running was to put your shorts on.

Love,

EP

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Michelle

Not sure what you mean Michelle.

This is a public forum you are going to get responses from a wide spectrum of views and that is what you need.

There is no clear path. There is no magical formula or silver bullet that will alleviate your situation - we all wish that there was.

You are the only one who has the information about YOUR situation. None of us know anything about your family, your relationships or what sort of situation you are all in so there is very little specifically any of us can say.

I have laid out for you what your husband is currently going through and how he is being manipulated. YOU need to secure your own position FIRST before you think about doing anything else.

Not sure what it is you are expecting.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I understand. This is my choice. I just was not expecting to see the replies asking if I was a "troll".

I have contacted the Bar Association and they have given me a name of 2 people I can contact. I have set up a P.O. Box in another town.

The scary thing is that while I was getting the referal- MGE beeped in. I did not click over.

Sorry for all the emotions I'm showing to everyone. This IS a bad dream and I thought today I'de wake up and it'll all be gone.

M.

It's all right.

Believe me - we understand!

Div6

Crusader
I understand. This is my choice. I just was not expecting to see the replies asking if I was a "troll".

I have contacted the Bar Association and they have given me a name of 2 people I can contact. I have set up a P.O. Box in another town.

The scary thing is that while I was getting the referal- MGE beeped in. I did not click over.

Sorry for all the emotions I'm showing to everyone. This IS a bad dream and I thought today I'de wake up and it'll all be gone.

M.

Through all of this, you should not get down on yourself about this. You are the one performing "due diligence", and trying to act for the good of all, and not just based on some escapist whim.

So do small nice things for yourself. It's a lot of stress you are taking on by bucking this trend. Blow bubbles.....take a long warm bath. Whatever.

Should your husband come to his senses, there are people here that have been "up" the Bridge.....and are more than willing to discuss any and all aspects of this

Please keep us informed.

M.
Hi Michelle,

I'm glad to hear that you're making plans to protect yourself in case things get worse with the marriage. Your husband might very well wake up and get out, but as you've read from the many ex-Scientologists, they know full well the depth and strength and persistence the Scientologist salesmen will go to obtain your husband's money and to keep him "in" and delusionally happy.

It doesn't hurt to make "be safe" plans while you also work to keep your marriage together in the face of the MGE foe.

As for the "troll" references... Scientology is very sneaky and will send in "plants" to find out information. Many people here are suspicious about people they don't believe. Also, those who make such comments may be Scientologists (pretending to be non-Scientologists) who want to upset you.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGE hasn't already found your posts and figured out who you are. They're probably already "working on" your husband to get him to "handle you" or "disconnect from you".

It's all very sad and I feel for you. Scientology and Scientologists are some of the most heartless family-destroying people in the world.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Michelle

You are naturally going to get different responses. Scientology has OSA which does some seriously shady shit. Many exscientologists are familiar with their tactics and tend to be defensive about it.
Take the posts that help you and run with them.
You can't expect everyone of us to be a bleeding heart and believe everything you say.
If your story is true, I wish you the best. And I hope your husband wakes up soon than later.
This is exactly what happenes with new Scientologists. They get hooked and end up wasting their lives till they finally realize it was all bullshit. Good luck.