What's new

A further hello

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
:welcome: to ESMB Bone

What a great post! I cant even imagine a world run by $cientology...freaks me out. :faint:

Again, welcome aboard :happydance:

Whitedove

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I tried to write a novel about it in 1991, and failed. My problem was that I was writing as if "ethics tech" worked, and therefore everyone was ethical. The story became very boring.

Bone

Patron
I tried to write a novel about it in 1991, and failed. My problem was that I was writing as if "ethics tech" worked, and therefore everyone was ethical. The story became very boring.

Indeed. I came to the same conclusion when I was trying to think of a story based around them. One thought was to stage it in a Scientology-run world, and have there be a few areas resisting "assimilation." Even though I was "in" at the time, I thought the "rebels" would end up the heroes (whether they won or not), for a variety of reasons. Eventually I realized that I would never be able to share such a story with my fellows, and would probably get in trouble for it if I were to do it honestly. Maybe it was my examination of what would be the "rebel's" motivations that put me on the road out. ;)