What's new

[Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
The following is from Marty. It is very techy, "inside baseball," and much more appropriate for ESMB than WWP, which of course will not stop me from cross-posting it on WWP also. I think it is interesting and, properly understood, can tell us a lot.

OT VIIIs to Objectives – the latest in Reverse Scientology:
Our wonderful multiple viewpoint system tells us that DM has been ordering OT VIIIs back to objectives, one hundred hours of them no less. For the bots who scoff at Steve Hall, Amy Scobee and others telling of DM blanket ordering of SO OTs back to six month Purification Rundowns, tortuous Cause Resugence Rundowns (running program as punishment), and arbitrary re-dos of Grades and NED – I’ve got one bit of advice for you: [SNIP MARTIN NIEMÖLLER QUOTE]
I think this is important because many Scientologists, and particularly Scientologists who take the tech seriously, will think this is insane. Absolutely nuts. I believe it will serve to drive more OT8s and "tech serious" Scientologists out of the COS.

Consider the Grade Chart:

grdcharts.gif

OT VIII is the highest released level on the right, "Processing" side of the chart. Objectives and the Purification Rundowns are at the the bottom of the right, "Processing" side of the chart. So, after achieving the highest possible processing level, OT VIIIs are being ordered to start over at the bottom of the "Bridge to Total Freedom" for at least 100 hours of Objectives? What?

I'm trying to think of a good non-Scientology analogy. Is the above like completing your Ph.D. in physics, and then being ordered to re-take algebra? No, that is not sufficiently stupid.

Is the above like completing your Ph.D. in physics, and then being ordered to re-take junior high school physical education? Closer.

Perhaps the above is like completing your Doctor of Divinity and becoming a Christian minister, only to have your denomination order you to re-take junior high school physical education -- and threaten to excommunicate you if you don't.

And consider the "Ability Gained" on completion of Objectives: "Oriented in the present time of the physical universe." So the COS is admitting that after reaching the top of the available processing grade chart OT8s are not "Oriented in the present time of the physical universe?"

Another important factor is that the OT8 are being ordered to do this. [Keep in mind that these OT8s are not in the SO and very few of them are Class V staff.] This is consistent with at least one prior report that OT8s are being told they "work for the Church" and must "be there on the same terms as the SO." If Scientology and the level of OT8 are supposed to (officially) provide any benefit or ability, it is self-determinism. Yet, here we have people who have achieved OT8 being ordered to start over and do book and bottle for at least 100 hours.

One obvious reason for the COS to do this is to keep the OT8s around and to get more money from them. Mike Rinder explained it well in the comment thread when he said:
I think it is a different problem.

Nothing to deliver to OT VIIIs, so they slide off into the sunset and avoid registrars. With the promised OT IX and X nothing more than a figment of his imagination and Super Power still “near” to release after 20 years, what do you do with an OT VIII?

Send them back to start over. Keeps them in line. Keeps them “moving on the [circular] Bridge” and keeps them handy for the IAS, Ideal Org, Super Power, Complete Your Library, CCHR, ABLE and DM Birthday Fund Drive vultures to grab each time they come out of session.
I think Mike may be right -- the COS has now created the Circular Bridge (tm) back to where you started from.

Another commentator observed:
Well, this latest strategy makes perfect sense given the situation that the money is drying up big time. The Idle Orgs truly are idle. I received a report not two minutes ago about how one allegedly “Ideal Org” was empty in the middle of the day.

So, let me ask you this: if YOU were the head of a worldwide movement that was cratering like the US housing market and your one remaining public were the wealthy Kool-Aid drinkers what would YOU do if your stable datum in life was to ALWAYS take the path of LEAST resistance to the MOST money?

First, he set up the RTC stat (and thus his own personal stat and pay and bonuses) based on the smallest flow of public, i.e., those at the very top of the Bridge who require the least amount of work for the most return in GI.

Then, as things began to dry up at Flag, he delivered a stake to the heart of the Class V Orgs (and pc’s cases) by pulling Grades pcs to Flag for “new, faster Grades,” while reportedly blaming me for assembling the 1987 Expanded Grades Process Checklists which are the “Why” for pcs taking overlong on Grades. (Of course, DM never admits that HE was the one hammering RTRC to find every single process the length and breadth of LRH materials to include on those checklists or that he personally nitpicked each process requiring late one night that I write 50 individual CSWs for a batch of processes being proposed for addition and that he personally signed off each CSW. But that’s a story for another day.)

Now we find OT VIIIs being programmed for Objectives and I assume they are going to be paying Flag rates for these. Objectives that were once the heart and soul of the $75 HQS Course that brand new public co-audited to great results.
Another commentator noted the issue of ego:
In addition to squeezing more money out of these OT VIIs, this seems to be about DM showing all the C of M OTs who is the Big Boss in his “church.” He must sit there and laugh and laugh at how these OTs actually do what he orders them to do. What a greedy control freak.
Finally, one last comment that shows how sensitive the COS is about refunds these days:
beebercat // June 8, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Reply

A couple of weeks ago I spoke to a ship reg about my account, just had a question, no big deal, and he suddenly originated that I wouldn’t be able to get a refund. This was totally out of the blue, as I hadn’t mentioned refund, and I wasn’t upset about anything, just had an innocent question. I’ve never been to the ship, haven’t spoken to any reg in years, I’ve been off lines but I’m in good standing.

Isn’t that totally weird? This personn must get the refund subject coming up often in order to just casualy mention it out of the blue. Maybe the OT 8′s are waking up?
Like I said in the beginning, this is all very techy and "inside baseball." But I can't help but think this will drive more OT8s and "tech serious" Scientologists out of the COS. Even within the world of Scientology, it is just too weird, too contrary to what everyone has been taught and believed for years, too inconsistent.

ADDED:

A confirming story:
Ann Howe // June 8, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Reply

LOL, Sad but true. I had a pair from AO come knocking on my door with Great News from the C/S and wouldn’t I just come in for a D of P to get it. I had heard about this so stated loudly that I hoped it wasn’t something like redoing my objectives or something really stupid like that. Instant silence and blanched faces. I told them to mail it to me instead. NO word as yet.

Amazing-What’s next, mocking up more case for them to run out- oops! that’s already being done.

And a tale of RPF and the Objectives... for the third time around:
OLD CUFF // June 8, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Reply

I don’t know about OT VIIIs, but I recently spoke with a fellow I know very well who has been in the S.O. all his life (he’s 36 years old). He’s been at RTC and Gold for 20 years. In all that time he has been audited up to Grade 0. 5 years ago his wife was sent to the RPF. She’s still there with no end in sight.

Instead of continuing UP the Grade Chart, he is on his THIRD time through 100 + of Objectives….with no hope in sight. He routinely works 3 days straight with no sleep and has taken only one week of vacation in the past 20 years.

Tragically, no one could make this stuff up. It’s happening.

WWP Post: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

/

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Ordering people to do so MANY hours of objectives doesn't surprise me.

IMO, the EXTREMELY repetitive "objectives" are meant to produce a trance state.
With much practice on this, over and over and over, a person is more suggestible.

Where are "objectives" even mentioned in DMSMH?

Let the conversation continue...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
But I can't help but think this will drive more OT8s and "tech serious" Scientologists out of the COS. Even within the world of Scientology, it is just too weird, too contrary to what everyone has been taught and believed for years, too inconsistent.

I tend to agree with you on this point, and while it will drive out *some*, it should drive out ALL. It's so insane and such a departure from the way things are supposed to be. For these OT's to go into agreement with this new circular bridge they must be in horrible condition. When they eventually find out they've been duped it's going to be devastating to many of them. They're going to need alot of help when they eventually do leave.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think it's probably another DM "wrong why" for "there no OTs" but "no/insufficient or quickied Objectives" has often been noted as a major tech outness by those who think such things mean anything.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
What business does that stupid little shit have ordering any type of tech actions, anyway?

That's like the manager at the Ponderosa Steak House over-ruling LRH in the tech division. What makes DM think he's qualified for that job?

I can't believe that so many scientologists fall for it. And "OT"s at that.

:duh:

Spirited

Patron with Honors
How ridiculous!
I agree with programmer guy.
Maybe the method in the madness is simple. If what we hear about OT8s being disaffected etc is right. DM would be having a problem "controlling" them and thinks that if they have objectives run on them it will raise their "willingness" to be 8C'd to the bank, the reg, etc. I mean geez if the OTs arent doing as they are told, then their ability to be 8C'd must be out!! right??? :duh: lol

Where are "objectives" even mentioned in DMSMH? you ask programmer guy? they arent but maybe he is applying the commands from it "go back to the beginning and go over it, pick up any additional........................ :D

FoTi

Crusader
I can't even imagine anyone who has made it all the way to and thru OT8 agreeing with this. I just can't. :no:

Baloo

Patron
It's called the bridge to total enslavement, many have made it to OT8 they just never realized it.