What's new

Sea Org music group on Britain's Got alent

johnAnchovie

Still raging
They aren't actually Sea Org, are they?

I might try to fill out some of the background to these guys. It may or may not be of any use, but since I know it first hand, I may as well share it.

The Jives Joined the SO at CLO UK in 1994 or so from London Org on Tottenham Court Road. I think Ian or John was recruited first as a public on the HDA.

They joined the Sea Org that same year on the condition that they could remain as a functioning band within Div 6 to promote, recruit and forward the cult's regressive efforts to bring down civilization.

They impressed Miscavige and Cruise at some event, maybe in 1997, I am a bit vague as to precisely when that happed. They were involved in the recruitment of a couple of fairly important celebs (I was not given the names, but we were briefed) I did a lot of work with them over the years on artwork, printing, logistics and helped them miss a plane once! :coolwink:

They were a nice bunch of fun, happy, lively guys back in the first half of the 1990s, they giged in UK and Europe supporting the big crusades and doing events. They eventually were taken up lines and made into robots - sorry, warrant officers.

They went through a tortuous six months on the int clearance lines in either 1999 or 2000, I was with them in LA while that was going on. Watching it was a bit like seeing people's personalities dismantled and then reassembled with new parts, kind of scary to observe I must say. Ian's wife (the Jive Ace PR, booking agent and backing singer) could not believe what she was experiencing on this lines and blew. Smart woman. (Rumor has it that she was pregnant and resisted efforts to persuade her to get an abortion, I buy into that having known her and seeing her worsening state of mind while these clearances were ongoing) The others were not so fortunate.

Once they got clearances, they went to Hemet and for a good six months worked with DM, DM's old man, who is or was a jazz trumpet player, and the Golden Era Musicians. They recorded an album with Chick Corea at Mad Hatter Studios and came back to UK as a bunch of arrogant, stuck up pigs. We of the lower ranks had become scum.

They have a fairly complicated admin scale, strat plan and the like all signed off by DM and so really operate as their own little org despite operating out of CLO UK. They make their own income from gigs and album sales and pay berthing, food and other support costs to CLO Estates Financial Planning.

No one below RTC level is allowed to mess with the band, they are never sent on missions unless it is part of their very own or an IMPR/CC int linked celeb recruitment program. Everything that they do is tightly focused to recruit for, disseminate for and PR front for Scientology.

It is a bit of a PR coup to have gotten on BGT, it will act as a huge moral boost to the last remnants of kool aide drinking culties in the UK, and it forwards their PR strategic Plan to rebuild the cult's reputation in the UK. I sense that they must have had some fairly influential back up to get onto the show.

I don't know if Simon Cowel has met them before, but I will say that the Jives are very aggressive and single minded about getting their products. (I touched on this in 'The Complex' with regard to their efforts to re-recruit Van Morrison into the fold back in the late 1990's).

Be good idea to keep an eye on these fellows.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
They were a nice bunch of fun, happy, lively guys back in the first half of the 1990s, they giged in UK and Europe supporting the big crusades and doing events. They eventually were taken up lines and made into robots - sorry, warrant officers.

They went through a tortuous six months on the int clearance lines in either 1999 or 2000, I was with them in LA while that was going on. Watching it was a bit like seeing people's personalities dismantled and then reassembled with new parts, kind of scary to observe I must say. Ian's wife (the Jive Ace PR, booking agent and backing singer) could not believe what she was experiencing on this lines and blew. Smart woman. (Rumor has it that she was pregnant and resisted efforts to persuade her to get an abortion, I buy into that having known her and seeing her worsening state of mind while these clearances were ongoing) The others were not so fortunate.

Once they got clearances, they went to Hemet and for a good six months worked with DM, DM's old man, who is or was a jazz trumpet player, and the Golden Era Musicians. They recorded an album with Chick Corea at Mad Hatter Studios and came back to UK as a bunch of arrogant, stuck up pigs. We of the lower ranks had become scum.

Oh my god. I saw this exact thing happen so many times to people I knew who were being "prepped" to go uplines. Especially the ones DM was "grooming" for something. Griffee Blythe and Bill Brugger are two I can name right off the top of my head.

Just like this.

You did a great job of describing it.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

smartone

My Own Boss
I tell you what. Last time I was at SH in 2008, empty, empty, empty. Two thirds of the bums on seats at Graduations were SO.

The Jive Aces can't be doing a good job in the UK then.

StickbyMe

Patron with Honors
A buddy of mine used to tour with them as sort of a manager role. Don't know what his post was exactly. I met up with him and the band in NY and hung out while they played a gig at Windows on the World (at the top of the WTC) went on the Joe Franklin radio show. Epic night.

My perception of the Jive Aces was that they were really great guys who'd figured out a hell of a way to make a living as a band. I've already posted here about how much better it was being a Sea Org member off-base at an org. I can't even imagine how awesome it must be touring all the time and making music videos and being on TV shows.

Does anybody know what they do when not gigging? I mean, they don't play 365 days per year. What are their stats?

Veda

Sponsor
I attempted to talk to them in Hastings when they were doing an outside gig in the middle of town.. They were doing their 'say no to drugs' campaign, for Narconon ,St. Leonards. I had quite a long conversation with one of them, he basically did not want to hear anything I had to say. He was polite enough and admitted to being a scientologist, but could not believe anything I said because as he kept saying "that is not my experience", I find a lot of scientologists say that when they don't want to answer questions.My parting shot to him was "so what's true for you is true for you", he replied "Exactly!"

Funnily enough their woman on a stand handing out Narconon booklets tried to deny they were scientologists, she was quite adamant at first that they had nothing to do with scientology what so ever, by the time I ran my schpeel, she admitted she had been a scientologist for twenty two years and started defending it. What I thought was quite telling was none of them had ever met me before and thought I was just another member of the unsuspecting public, when it became apparent that I wasn't that was when she changed tactics.

Easy to see how the unsuspecting public can get drawn in, when they are blatantly lied to from the get go.

Yesterday when I spoke to whichever Jive Ace i spoke to, he was quite happy to talk to me all the while we discussed the show, then I mentioned 'Sea Org'. He clammed up.

Mmmm... They've become liars for RON. That's unfortunate.

L. Ron Hubbard, on "inventing facts," from an April 1955 'HCOB':

"A datum is an invention which has become agreed upon and solidified... When it is thoroughly agreed upon it becomes, then, a truth.

"The word 'lie' is simply 'an invention with a bad connotation'... Thus society frowns upon the invention of facts."

Another notable quote, this from the cocaine-inspired loose-lipped 'PDC' lectures, "It's a trap not being able to prevaricate."

And then there's the old reliable, 'TR-L', the Training Routine for Lying.

And, of course, there's the first half of the Fair Game Law, "Trick and lie to."

These things are as much a part of subject as the "auditing comm cycle," "ARC," and discharging tension by finding "earlier similars" (wording is Korzybski's), and these ingredients, along with others, combine - per the founder's design - to making Scientology.

In Scientology, lying is only supposed to flow downward, with Hubbard, and his senior representatives - inside or outside the CofS - free to lie to other Scientologists, while Scientologists are expected to open their minds completely to inspection by those above them.

It shouldn't be surprising that a 'Good Scientologist' is willing to lie to those he sees as below him: the "SPs," "DBs," "Homo Saps," and "Wogs," and also less "aware" fellow Scientologists.

It's quite a system: an "applied philosophy" that make liars out of good people - lying to others, and also lying to themselves.

And the first step to unraveling the mess is to describe it:

http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRKvpZ7PjE

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
Oh no...now I'm stuck on a word chain...

Until I get it cleared up won't be able to decide which definition applies..

jive (dictionary.com)

noun
1. swing music or early jazz.
2. the jargon associated with swing music and early jazz.
3. Slang. deceptive, exaggerated, or meaningless talk: Don't give me any of that jive!

verb (used without object)
4. to play jive.
5. to dance to jive; jitterbug.
6. Slang. to engage in kidding, teasing, or exaggeration.

verb (used with object)
7. Slang. to tease; fool; kid: Stop jiving me!

adjective
8. Slang. insincere, pretentious, or deceptive.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh no...now I'm stuck on a word chain...

Until I get it cleared up won't be able to decide which definition applies..

jive (dictionary.com)

noun
1. swing music or early jazz.

None of the ones you gave. It is the noun meaning above, but used as an adjective.

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
THE SUN

Jive Aces tried to lure me into cult
Ex-member tells
of 'brainwashing' bid

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...734/Jive-Aces-tried-to-lure-me-into-cult.html

From the article:

A FORMER member of Britain’s Got Talent stars Jive Aces claims the band tried to “brainwash” him into becoming a Scientologist.

Guitarist Johnny Gunner says the other members tried to control his behaviour after they joined the religion — and he felt relieved to leave the band.

etc, and a link to the Debbie Cook torture story.

Oh noes, who could have predicted that this would create bad publicity for the cult?

Oh wait…

This will, of course generate adverse publicity and they will probably get booed off stage next time…

Axiom142

You never learn, do you?

The whole world hates you. The more you start trying to ‘disseminate’ the more the world gets to hear about the sordid truth of your nasty little cult.

Axiom142

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
A FORMER member of Britain’s Got Talent stars Jive Aces claims the band tried to “brainwash” him into becoming a Scientologist.

Guitarist Johnny Gunner says the other members tried to control his behaviour after they joined the religion — and he felt relieved to leave the band.

According to this April 2011 release, Ian Clarkson founded the Jive Aces in 1989, before he & others walked into a Scientology center, and joined a year later.

http://scientologyandme.wordpress.c...ys-second-fiddle-to-none—bass-fiddle-that-is/

That would conflict with Gunner's story where he claimed the "brainwashing" attempts occurred in 1990. The link was published long before The Sun's article on Johnny Gunner, so the article may well be an imaginative piece of tabloid journalism.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
No I’ve never brainwashed anyone...I’m just a geezer from Essex – Says BGT singer Ian Clarkson

The Scientology victim goes on to say...
"Brainwashing is planting something into you. It’s like hypnotism. We’re doing the opposite."

A classic, classic footbullet, that. He could have stuck to the old 'shore story' about Scientology being some kind of religious philosophy, but no: he admits that it's for tinkering with your brain. We're doing the opposite. We don't put things in your brain... we remove them.

Brilliant. If that doesn't sound creepy and cultish, I don't know what does. Also, the photo they showed of the guy... gawd, they made him look such a loony!

Perhaps, like Australia, Britain has finally had enough of Scientology. The cult seems incapable of generating positive press, now.