What's new

Spiritual Rescue Technology: "Sending your LRH library to the dump is a good start"

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Spiritual Rescue Technology: "Sending your LRH library to the dump is a good star

No, they "evolve".... as you can see here:
spiritual-rescue-technology.com/?page_id=57

They evolve.... from being primitive Elron-Elray-worshipping-BT-Hunters towards the real thing:

the-exorcist.jpg

* "put ethics in on upset spirituals (occasionally called BT´s)"

the-exorcist_zpsessnbbd1.jpg

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Spiritual Rescue Technology: "Sending your LRH library to the dump is a good star

We were cleaning out our garage last weekend, and finally put our (unopened) boxes of The Basics out to the curb for trash pickup. My wife had a little difficulty with the idea of tossing them, because of their cost, but sanity finally prevailed.

Funny but just this weekend we had a "discussion" about where all this basics crap was . You know it is getting that time of year,DEER SEASON, and I was getting bitched at for leaning a couple of rifles in the corner of the kitchen. I said if all that basics LRH stuff wasn't in that little closet I would put them in there. They have been there since 2007 and only a couple have even been opened. I didn't get them to the trash but I did get them to an out buliding.

Wonder what Ron would think, being bumped to shed by a 7MM magnum. Hopefully someday I can show them the business end of it, about the right size for a target.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

The church wants all this stuff to get tossed also, doesn't it? The older material isn't consistent with the revisionism and it competes with new sales.

The problem with selling it is you might inadvertently contribute to another person's misfortune.

Is there a way to donate it to legitimate anti-cult activists or lawyers who could put it to good use.

Jump

Operating teatime

The church wants all this stuff to get tossed also, doesn't it? The older material isn't consistent with the revisionism and it competes with new sales.

The problem with selling it is you might inadvertently contribute to another person's misfortune.

Is there a way to donate it to legitimate anti-cult activists or lawyers who could put it to good use.

Professor Stephen A Kent has had an interest in that kind of thing in the past

https://skent.ualberta.ca/

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors

The church wants all this stuff to get tossed also, doesn't it?

Yes, absolutely!!

I tried to I offered a un-opened complete set of ACCs to the local OT and local Ideal Org Committees. I thought they could raffle off these materials and pay me a little "something".

At first, they were all super keen on this as all proceeds( except a little for me) would be donated to the local Ideal Org. Alas, someone up lines shot this plan down as, wait for it, this raffle would have placed the committees in a position of out-exchange with the Church.

At least all these useless materials are in my lock-up garage an are slowly making their way to the thrash heap.

Ironic, I originally thought that I could sell them to a scientologist at a fraction of their original retail price, pass on a bargain, so to speak.

Now, I think it will be better to throw them out. This would be the humane thing to do.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

I saved all my books and lecture series' for about 20 years. Boxes and boxes:I don't want to think how many thousands of dollars worth but certainly could have paid for a year of my kid's college. I even moved them thinking that I could recoup some of my investment if I could just find the right place to sell them. But no such place exists, Scn stuff is utterly worthless -- you can't give it away. When it came time to move again, I sent them out for the garbage man and watched as they were dumped into the truck and drove off toward the landfill. I thought it would be painful but it was the best feeling in the world; the room was brighter, I felt lighter :coolwink: and I had this big "cog" that the best place for them was at the dump where nobody else could be misled by them. Now the albatross is gone and it no longer haunts me every time I go into the storage room.

Would I want someone else to have the wins I had? Absolutely! :yes:

-TL

P.S. I miss Alanzo

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, absolutely!!

I tried to I offered a un-opened complete set of ACCs to the local OT and local Ideal Org Committees. I thought they could raffle off these materials and pay me a little "something".

At first, they were all super keen on this as all proceeds( except a little for me) would be donated to the local Ideal Org. Alas, someone up lines shot this plan down as, wait for it, this raffle would have placed the committees in a position of out-exchange with the Church.

At least all these useless materials are in my lock-up garage an are slowly making their way to the thrash heap.

Ironic, I originally thought that I could sell them to a scientologist at a fraction of their original retail price, pass on a bargain, so to speak.

Now, I think it will be better to throw them out. This would be the humane thing to do.

It is entirely possible we have found something that the Ex community and Miscavige fully agree upon:

Scientology material should be thrown away and not sold or regifted.

It is an overt to spread the contagion and it is an overt to deny the church the exclusive opportunity to spread the contagion.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious

it's an evolution of ksw

ksrtw

1 steal technology from scientology and then take it to the dump, crap doesn't even sell on ebay
2 make up your own technology and sell it on amazon
3 be bff with the billions of body thetans they like using skype
4 hammer out of existence bullcrap
5 start sub threads for rons org and whoever else wants one and let them do their own thing ffs
6 hammer two hammers together till they break and you might go exterior
7 actually communicate on any subject
8 don't take it too seriously

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

In the past few years there have been several non-Mac examples of this concept, generically called "mini PCs." Intel has a range called NUC. I saw a review a month or so ago of one coming out in 2016 that is modular, maybe three or four slices that stack together, and you can slot together different slices depending on the configuration you want (and are willing to pay for). These come without an operating system :))) too. I have been thinking of getting one of these to replace the groaning tower by my "desk", but thought I'd wait until this modular thing came out. I quite like the old Mac Mini I have (with 8GB of non-Apple RAM), but I would prefer not to be locked into Apple's ecosystem.

Hah! Just came across the article.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/acers-little-modular-pc-snaps-together-like-legos/

Acer’s Little Modular PC Snaps Together Like Legos

acer-mod-story-582x436.jpg

Acer just announced a little modular desktop computer, the Revo Build Mini PC, that starts out as a little 5x5x2-inch box running on a lower-end Intel Celeron or Pentium processor with integrated graphics. Also in the base brick are 8GB RAM, 32 gigs of solid-state storage, and plenty of I/O on the back and around the side of the unit: 3 USB ports, HDMI-out, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and an SD card slot.

<snip>​

It's supposed to arrive in Europe in October, but it doesn't seem to have reached the UK yet.

I've gone off the idea a bit now, neat as it first seemed. A Celeron or Pentium processor! Reminds me of, when, 1995? Plus who knows how long Acer will support this baby. If they drop it after two years, or bring out a different size base or something, that obsoletes what one has. At least with the current tower setup, huge and ugly as it may be, there's no worry about not being able to get a new hard drive to slot in the appropriate bay, even if the floppy bay doesn't get too much use these days [I don't actually have one]. :)

Paul

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Hah! Just came across the article.

Acer just announced a little modular desktop computer, the Revo Build Mini PC, that starts out as a little 5x5x2-inch box running on a lower-end Intel Celeron or Pentium processor with integrated graphics. Also in the base brick are 8GB RAM, 32 gigs of solid-state storage, and plenty of I/O on the back and around the side of the unit: 3 USB ports, HDMI-out, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and an SD card slot.

<snip>

It's supposed to arrive in Europe in October, but it doesn't seem to have reached the UK yet.

I've gone off the idea a bit now, neat as it first seemed. A Celeron or Pentium processor! Reminds me of, when, 1995? Plus who knows how long Acer will support this baby. If they drop it after two years, or bring out a different size base or something, that obsoletes what one has. At least with the current tower setup, huge and ugly as it may be, there's no worry about not being able to get a new hard drive to slot in the appropriate bay, even if the floppy bay doesn't get too much use these days [I don't actually have one]. :)

Paul

When I first read your post, all I could see was the text in blue, and I was going to comment on the 'Celeron or Pentium processor' isssue. There's no point in having 8 GB RAM and 32 GB storage if you have a fucking useless processor. That is precisely my problem, I have an Intel Celeron CPU in my machine and I'm practically growing a beard waiting for pages to load these days. It's odd that this kit includes such a thing.

Gib

Crusader

When I first read your post, all I could see was the text in blue, and I was going to comment on the 'Celeron or Pentium processor' isssue. There's no point in having 8 GB RAM and 32 GB storage if you have a fucking useless processor. That is precisely my problem, I have an Intel Celeron CPU in my machine and I'm practically growing a beard waiting for pages to load these days. It's odd that this kit includes such a thing.

Your problem isn't the CPU, it's the amount of RAM memory you have. All browsers are RAM memory hogs these days, one needs a minimum 4GB of RAM.

I have the same problem as you in that pages take long to open. I only have 512k of RAM for my Intel P4 CPU.

A couple of years ago, all browsers became memory hogs. Here's an article or google search.

http://lifehacker.com/why-chrome-uses-so-much-freaking-ram-1702537477

If you can, increase your RAM memory and that will help, You have to check your computer if you can do this, once again google search your computer + memory upgrade, check EBAY for prices of memory sticks. Otherwise buy a new computer with a min of 4GB RAM, but better to get 8GB or higher.

------------------------------------

You can also try running Hubbard's Self Analysis lists on your PC to help it with it's memory, lack of. :laugh::laugh:

ie: Recall a time when you opened web pages fast? Recall a time when you took too long to open a web page.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Hi gals, :biggrin:

You favorite boy's locker girl here :biggrin:

You're both right

1) These intel celeron cpu were very slow - no performance at all
(also Acer is know to be cheap stuff and break very soon)
2) the amount of RAM makes the difference to process info:yes:
4 GB will be soon out dated - better go with 6-8 GB

GIB
I have the same problem as you in that pages take long to open. I only have 512k of RAM for my Intel P4 CPU.

:duh:

How about you guys enter the modern age of computer ???? :unsure:
Anyway, nothing can work fine on those old machines - too old tech to support updated apps :unsure:
and you will have fun with more performing machine! :biggrin: (Icore 5 to 7 or AMD quad core)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yeah, go buy a new computer Stratty, for God's sake! It's not like you have to save up for two years and don't dare make a mistake and get the wrong one, is it? Almost anything you get will be an improvement unless you're hellbent on not spending more than £25 or something.

I'd suggest 8 GB of RAM to future-proof it for a few years, 16 GB if you can get it. Treat yourself! You deserve it, don't you? Quality of life, old chap.

Paul

Gib

Crusader

Hi gals, :biggrin:

You favorite boy's locker girl here :biggrin:

You're both right

1) These intel celeron cpu were very slow - no performance at all
(also Acer is know to be cheap stuff and break very soon)
2) the amount of RAM makes the difference to process info:yes:
4 GB will be soon out dated - better go with 6-8 GB

:duh:

How about you guys enter the modern age of computer ???? :unsure:
Anyway, nothing can work fine on those old machines - too old tech to support updated apps :unsure:
and you will have fun! :biggrin:

yah, I know. But I luv my computer, I build it from scratch 10 years ago, for cheap at the time. I increased my virtual memory so that helps to load pages since I lack RAM. And I still have XP, laughing at myself.

strativarius

Your problem isn't the CPU, it's the amount of RAM memory you have.

You don't say!

All browsers are RAM memory hogs these days, one needs a minimum 4GB of RAM.

Ok.

I have 632 MB RAM. When I bought the machine it had about 128 MB so I went on Amazon and bought 2 sticks. I thought it would make a huge difference but I hardly notice the extra memory. I don't have any more slots, so I'm at the max now.

You can also try running Hubbard's Self Analysis lists on your PC to help it with it's memory, lack of. :laugh::laugh:

ie: Recall a time when you opened web pages fast? Recall a time when you took too long to open a web page.

LOL!

strativarius

Yeah, go buy a new computer Stratty, for God's sake! It's not like you have to save up for two years and don't dare make a mistake and get the wrong one, is it? Almost anything you get will be an improvement unless you're hellbent on not spending more than £25 or something.

Oh, I think my days of buying computers for a tenner are well and truly over. Yes, anything would be a step up from the museum-piece I'm using at the moment.

I'd suggest 8 GB of RAM to future-proof it for a few years, 16 GB if you can get it. Treat yourself! You deserve it, don't you? Quality of life, old chap.

I've noted what you say re. RAM etc. Christmas is coming so perhaps I'll treat meself to a new(er) machine. Yes, I do deserve it :biggrin:, thanks for reminding me.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

You can find a good (second end) laptop - let's say 17'' to allow a good viewing, for approx 250$US on e-bay.
(a new one, out-dated 1-2 years models may cost +or- 500$US)

can be lenovo, toshiba, HP, dell, sony, :confused2:
Stratty, in the event you want a second hand machin, and need a little guidance, Lotus may guide you to a good cheap machine. Come on...browsing web will be a totally new experience and you deserve it :biggrin:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

You both must be commanded for succeding to make such dinosoriaus computer softwares to still make their way on internet up to ESMB

This is an unprecedented order of magnitude of achievement on an antique show!

:happydance::biggrin:

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader

Your problem isn't the CPU, it's the amount of RAM memory you have. All browsers are RAM memory hogs these days, one needs a minimum 4GB of RAM.

A couple of years ago, all browsers became memory hogs. Here's an article or google search.

http://lifehacker.com/why-chrome-uses-so-much-freaking-ram-1702537477

If you can, increase your RAM memory and that will help, You have to check your computer if you can do this, once again google search your computer + memory upgrade, check EBAY for prices of memory sticks. Otherwise buy a new computer with a min of 4GB RAM, but better to get 8GB or higher.

------------------------------------

Mozilla Foxfire isn't a demanding browser, and it's the best one around, too.

strativarius

You can find a good (second end) laptop - let's say 17'' to allow a good viewing, for approx 250$US on e-bay.
(a new one, out-dated 1-2 years models may cost +or- 500$US)

can be lenovo, toshiba, HP, dell, sony, :confused2:

Stratty, in the event you want a second hand machin, and need a little guidance, Lotus may guide you to a good cheap machine. Come on...browsing web will be a totally new experience and you deserve it :biggrin:

That's so nice of you lotus. I have a Toshiba TV that I bought new (wonders will never cease!) and that's given me no trouble for three years so far. (It plays YouTube vids on a USB stick much better than my PC). Dell I'm not too sure about, I've seen off a couple of Dell monitors over the last couple of years. :-( Sony usually turns out good stuff, so maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a laptop of that make.

I don't mind spending £150 - £200 ($230 - $300) for a second-hand machine and maybe a bit more if necessary.

Then there's the OS of course. I've yet to hear anyone say anything good about Windoze 7 or 8. Maybe I'll install XP Pro along with Ubuntu when I get my next machine, despite the so-called security issues.

Anyway, thanks for your help. xxx

Last edited: