What's new

Trolling for Business on ESMB

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You only ask questions? How about answering a few?

Or is there a double standard operating here? You demand "honesty" that you do not afford others....

I'm not the one trolling for business on ESMB, Div6.

You are.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
What kind of marketing do you do?

websites, newsletters, FDA pre-market agreements, VA contracts, brochures, etc.

For clients.

Do you go for subliminal contexts?

No.

Are you trying to sway an opinion or sell a piece of MEST?

Both. That's basically what marketing is all about, isn't it?

Please answer openly and honestly.

Done.

Have you ever FSMed for other Freezone of Scientology offshoots here on ESMB, as in made referrals to those groups and got a commission?

How many people have you gotten auditing from here?

Div6

Crusader
websites, newsletters, FDA pre-market agreements, VA contracts, brochures, etc.

<Snip>

Both. That's basically what marketing is all about, isn't it?

Do you vet your clients for the honesty, integrity and value of their claims, services and\or products, or are you just a hired gun?

Have you ever marketed an overt product or service?

websites
Have you ever FSMed for other Freezone of Scientology offshoots here on ESMB, as in made referrals to those groups and got a commission?

How many people have you gotten auditing from here?

No.

Zero.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
"Who's willing to talk about hypnosis and the vulnerability of suggestible states that their pcs go into during session, and the safeguards they have developed to ensure that those vulnerabilities are safeguarded for their pcs?"

Alanzo, with the title of this tread and your questions you imply something that is not necessarily there. How do you expect people to answer?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Do you vet your clients for the honesty, integrity and value of their claims, services and\or products, or are you just a hired gun?

Of course I'm a "hired gun". That's what an marketing consultant is.

Have you ever marketed an overt product or service?
Yes. I was working for a physician in LA once who had lost 8 malpractice suits. One of them he lost because he performed a surgery on a patient on his kitchen table to save himself money, and she became infected and died.

I found out about it because his case was the lead article in a multi-part expose in the Daily News about how the California Medical Board hides the malpractice records of its physicians.

I saw the newspaper, looked down and saw my client on the front page, and thought, "What's he doing on there? Did he hire someone else to do marketing for him?"

When I read the article I actually vomited. I physically ran to the bathroom and threw up. All I could think about was all the new patients I had gotten him.

I quit that day. It was a very powerful lesson for me. It makes me nauseous still to this day.

You can run into a lot of things as a marketing consultant. You have to be able to live with yourself, and what you do, with every client you take on.

No.

Zero.
I see.

Thanks.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo, with the title of this tread and your questions you imply something that is not necessarily there. How do you expect people to answer?

If you'll notice - no one is even addressing the concept.

It may not necessarily be there in all instances.

But that certainly does not mean it is never there.

So where are these guys?

Why do none of them even address the concept?

I'll tell you why I think: If you've ever studied hypnosis, you see the vast opportunity for exploiting others it offers. And the power it gives you over others. It is a standard temptation for anyone who is in the hypnosis business.

Hubbard was sucked in by this temptation, and I believe that messing with other people's minds, and exploiting them in this way, was one of the things that drove him insane toward the end of his life.

It is a very hot subject for these guys.

But it is one that I believe should be addressed.

Div6

Crusader
<snip>

You can run into a lot of things as a marketing consultant. You have to be able to live with yourself, and what you do, with every client you take on.

That's what the BrightEnden Film Company said when they took on Xenu as a client.....:duh:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I don't know why it's debated, or even why it's relevant.

Yes, it's hypnosis. Then again, so is asking someone to answer your question. You are directing their attention.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
It's practically impossible (only practically :)) to convince a Scientologist that Scientology has anything to do with hypnotism.

That's because one of the first post-hypnotic suggestions left by The Tech is that 'Scientology is not hypnotism; Scientology is *anti-hypnotism*!!!'

Zinj

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yes, Zinj, everything said in a book by Hubbard is a hypnotic suggestion, whereas when it's said by someone else, it's just a suggestion. Please tell me the difference?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Allright, everygoddamnthing is hypnosis, so the subject is moot...

I don't think so!

This would be the difference: Hubbardology caused women to have abortions. Made people 'accept' imprisonment and abuse.

And made them feel like they were 'Homo Novis' and had a moral obligation to take control of the whole world.

The way my own 'horse sense' took a hike convinced me... But only a decade later.. Some sort of fooling the mind went on. Not something I would ever accept, had I known about it.

:hattip:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Yes, Zinj, everything said in a book by Hubbard is a hypnotic suggestion, whereas when it's said by someone else, it's just a suggestion. Please tell me the difference?

That's not what I said, which I'm sure you're aware of, but, there is some truth to that. The dianetics or Scientology 'session' is the actually hypnotic 'session' (which is why one must be 'sessionable') but, the books, tapes, lectures and general social mileau are a collection of pre-loaded 'suggestions' that are installed in the 'session'.

Zinj

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

How often do you think you can get away with taking what people say and then changing it into something completely absurd, and then arguing how absurd what you said was?

Do you really think anyone is fooled by this?

I've actually not seen you do this, except on this subject of hypnosis, U.

And you are a "Trauma Incident Reduction" therapist.

Interesting....

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here is my price list:

A listening ear-no charge

Compassion-no charge

Spiritual discussion/debate-no charge

Prayers/Petitions-no charge

Putting A Name On My Altar-no charge

Lighting a candle-no charge

Holding someone's hand-no charge

Fighting for the rights of others-no charge

Trying to heal a heart (non-medical)-no charge

*PRICES ARE REFLECTED IN US DOLLAR & POUND STERLING (UK)

please message me if you have questions.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Strange how Alanzo does Marketing for a living - and yet attempts to accuse people and groups of committing overts of marketing for a living!

Yuk! Yuk!

Alan

But isn't it great that we can all be here and disagree without fairgaming each other?

If your stuff works,who cares what Alanso says.

I never had much use for critics until I left the "church!"

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Fluffy speaks sooth

I find all this rather amusing. Firstly, there were and remain many posts on various forums calling CofS on the carpet for its predatory practices including its pricing, regging and recruiting techniques. Many of those posting in that vein said they didn't care what people believed as long as they weren't part of the criminal cult. Fair enough.

Then came the anti FZ anti indie hysteria. Some of those posting along those lines were some of those who'd said they didn't care what people believed as long as they weren't part of the criminal cult. Some people were accused of selling FZ and indie Scn whether they were doing so or not. Those who were offering it as an alternative and were truly advertising it were excoriated by many, even when they complied with everything the admins on OCMB and ESMB required. The commentary was often emotional, vicious and just plain stupid, with people going to the FZ section of ESMB or Terril's thread on OCMB and scolding, scolding, scolding. When the OCMB thread was discontinued, the recriminations occasionally were still posted.

Then, oh look- now we have people who were obviously greatly influenced by their time in Scn and who either became creators or adherents of other methods that plainly and evidently had their genus in Scn but which are now different and very much their own thing. Some of those individuals have no qualms about advertising. I have no problem with that. However, it appears to me that some of those same people don't feel people should be Freezoners or Indie Scn'ists and should not advertise it but they themselves can tout Knowledgism, Idenics, TIR, etc, to their hearts' content.

Actually, touting is touting, proselytizing is proselytizing. If someone wants to tell people how kewl Idenics is or Kn is, or TIR or Freezone Scn areor anything else- great. Just don't point fingers at others for doing what you are doing.

The FZ and Independent Field sections are helpful to have. But don't anybody wander in there and get all pissed off when people in there tout their various method of choice. Like, get real already.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
How often do you think you can get away with taking what people say and then changing it into something completely absurd, and then arguing how absurd what you said was?

Do you really think anyone is fooled by this?

I've actually not seen you do this, except on this subject of hypnosis, U.

And you are a "Trauma Incident Reduction" therapist.

Interesting....

You know, this does not deserve an answer Alanzo, but you are going to get one anyway.

UM helped me once with a traumatic incident. And guess what?

IT WORKED

And he didn't ask me for anything. Not one thin dime.

I am a strong-willed Woman, not easily led. (He did not hypnotize me.)

I am sorry you had a tough time with $cientology. But you know, sometimes programs work. And it is not up to you to cry "Foul!".

Questions? Message Emma, or an Admin.