What's new

Volunteer Ministers targeting Aboriginals.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
This looks like a Scilon Press Release

http://www.literacynews.com/2010/08...-tour-promotes-literacy-and-drug-free-living/

A team of Scientology Volunteer Ministers, a community service organization, whose work includes disaster relief and emergency response, is traveling through Australia’s Outback to provide individual assistance based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard.

While Scientology churches reach out to help people in their own communities, Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tours, such as the one in the Outback, travel to remote locations to bring help everywhere and anywhere.

In February 2008, the Australian Government formally apologized to the Aboriginal people, many of whom live in the Outback, for the highly discriminatory actions of previous governments. One of the worst—known as the “Stolen Generation”—was a state-sanctioned policy in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries through which many Aboriginal children were taken from their homes and placed in foster care.

In his 2008 apology, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd stated his government’s commitment to creating “a future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country.”

The Scientology Volunteer Ministers Outback Goodwill tour is helping to accomplish this goal, with effective solutions for the most serious challenges facing people in this region, including courses, seminars and one-on-one help to bring an end to illiteracy and substance abuse.

There are Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tours in the South Pacific, Eastern Europe, Africa, South America, Russia and Asia.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

From the way they connect two totally unrelated facts,

A team of Scientology Volunteer Ministers, <...> whose work includes disaster relief and emergency response, is traveling through Australia’s Outback to provide individual assistance based on the works of < :puke: >.

In February 2008, the Australian Government formally apologized to the Aboriginal people

... it really seems to be one of their press releases.

Feral

Rogue male
I wouldn't worry about it.

Scientology runs dead against black feller culture, they won't be herded into those dangerous beliefs like the white man might.

I remember when Narconon and Erin Stewart were disseminationg to some Koori people, one elder had had enough and he told any one that would listen that they were stealing their spirit. They all heeded him and left.

How right he was.

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very ironic, somewhat sad and most likely true. Nothing to worry about.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe they are targetting aboriginals because they assume they won't have read about Scientology on the Internet. :)

I guess it's simply a PR caper.

Paul

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
They may want to rethink that strategy.

r320675_1428644.jpg

namaste

Not to stereotype, but generally speaking the Aboriginal people, by nature, are more OT than L. Ron Hubbard ever was. I do hope that the scientologists are able to learn a thing or two from them.

Sharone Stainforth

What I mean by kinda sad is;

Throughout history the world has had missionaires going out to help third world countries and in the process inflicting their religious beliefs on native peoples, and not just religious beliefs but also values and customs. It's something I have always been strongly opposed to, even as a little girl.

There is a vast array of culture and diversity out there in the world, white man and technology tend to change all of that. Don't get me wrong some of these missionaires do good works, but to totally change/destroy a culture and tell them "our way is the only way", is wrong.

Gary123

Yes there is a mission thats going to start from Alice Springs.They are using Their SO member Michael Callope who is an Aborigine. He has been use to open a lot of doors that will not open to white people. He has sent into the Pacific islands, Cook Island and Fiji etc. The only disadvantage they have is that he has not been give the ceremonial manhood to be clase as a man. So in some elders eyes he is a still a boy.