What's new

We're not done with the Church of Scientology yet.

Gadfly

Crusader
OK everybody, it is SHOOP time. Download this picture of CBR (CowBoy Ron), and come up with your own original creation.

Be creative. Splurge on it!

Put him in cakes. Put him up in clouds. Put him as decoration on hubcaps. The possibilities are endless! :thumbsup:

ron22.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't know why, but seeing Ron the Cowpoke's picture everywhere is just too funny!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The Anabaptist Jacques

I know! Same feeling I have too. And Gadfly.

That's why a few days ago the Church of Hoaxology started a grassroots campaign to replace all known self-portrait depictions of the Founder with that stupid OFFICIAL ICONIC LRH TRIBUTE meme.

SNA0732K4-_1543101a.jpg

It's like "Kilroy was Here" graffiti posted by servicemen everywhere during World War II. . .

350px-Kilroy_Was_Here_-_Washington_DC_WWII_Memorial.jpg

Or any of the other countless viral meme images (internet or cultural) like.......Chuck Norris, LOLcats, Alfred E. Neuman ("What me worry?"), RickRoll, etc...

I am still thinking if there should be a caption on it or just the stupid Cowboy/Buddha alone. LOL.

Don't know if it will go viral but wouldn't it be cool if that became the internationally recognized symbol for Hubbard, Scn, Cults, Brainwashing, Science of Stupid, et al?

Bobdobbs.png

Anybody think that CowBuddha photo of Ron would be cool as a grainy, pixelated 50's B&W like Bob Dobbs? LOL.

Shit, how does this relate to the thread. Ummmmm. Well I guess...."WE'RE NOT DONE WITH....L. Ron Hubbard" yet either.

T_Shirt_Template_by_sekmoR_miTjpgpagespeedceQ5M6fVFwRi-1.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader
And, here's the newest Metallica T-Shirt! Wow, send me 20!

metallica3.jpg

Damn, I have to knock this off or I am going to piss my pants.

:roflmao:

HelluvaHoax!

OK everybody, it is SHOOP time. Download this picture of CBR (CowBoy Ron), and come up with your own original creation.

Be creative. Splurge on it!

Put him in cakes. Put him up in clouds. Put him as decoration on hubcaps. The possibilities are endless! :thumbsup:

accessories_calculator_coloring_book_colouring-555px-1.jpg

or possibly.......

accessories_calculator_coloring_book_colouring-555px-1-1.jpg

ummmm...i better go over to the stupid thread lololololol.

accessories_calculator_coloring_book_colouring-555px-1-1-1.jpg

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I disagree too, as I always do when Mark says this same stupid shit.

Of course, people are responsible for what they do with ideas. One can take a neutral idea, and bend it to become harmful.

But some ideas contain the seed, mold, pattern or model for the bad behavior. Some ideas cannot be applied in any way other than "badly".

For example, one can't really take Hubbard's policy on Hard Sell and apply decently in ANY context? The IDEA itself cannot be applied in any way except INSANELY. The IDEA contains the notions that 1) "only Scientology can deliver total freedom", 2) "the reactive mind aims to STOP progress up the Bridge", and 3) "all concerns other than getting the Bridge are secondary and distractions to attaining the state of OT". These ideas themselves are DUMB.

The Muslim idea, "if one kills a bunch of heathens in a suicide bombing, then one will go to Heaven and be with Allah and the 71 virgins" is NUTS. It is NUTS regardless of any MIND that accepts and thinks with such nonsense. It is NUTS way before any person comes along to "responsibly" accept, adopt and use such an idea.

Take the idea inherent to KSW that "we have the only workable spiritual tech in existence". THAT idea sets the stage for a great many nasty and toxic related ideas and behaviors. How can that idea EVER be applied sanely? It can't. The IDEA itself is oof-the-wall. And , people who accept the idea also end up acting off-the-wall.

Take Hubbard's idea that "a person who attacks Scientology MUST be a suppressive person" and this "person MUST have hidden crimes and overts". This is based on OTHER nutty ideas such as "an SP attacks any and all betterment activities", and that "Scientology is the ONLY valid betterment activity on planet Earth". The idea contains the seed of the insanity that ALWAYS follows the acceptance of such an idea.

Take the Scientology IDEA that "survival" is the BASIC key goal of any organism, and that the basis of ethics is the "survival and expansion" of any organism or group. Take the idea of how the EXPANSION & SURVIVAL of Scientology is the MOST important concern of Scientology. How can anyone accept and adopt THAT idea and NOT have it be totally NUTS?

See, there is no amount of responsibility that can be enacted to make such ideas anything other than toxicly STUPID. There is no possible application or practice that can be anything other than harmful and abusive.

The ONLY option is to DISCARD the IDEAS. That is the ONLY responsible behavior regarding a great many Scientology "ideas".

Too often the IDEA itself contains the PATTERN of abuse and harm.

Hubbard's policies on "lying", "telling acceptable truths", and "garnering agreement to manipulate realities" delineates along NASTY lines. These are defined in ways that cannot be used in any other way except deceitfully and surreptitiously.

I could go on and on providing examples of IDEAS of Hubbard's that cannot be applied in any way except abusively or harmfully.

How about, "always attack and never discuss"? That is a really STUPID idea. :yes: :ohmy:

The idea itself, applied in just about ANY context, results in asinine behavior. Again, the idea itself contains the pattern of idiocy.

All idea are not created equal, and while people ARE responsible for how they interpret and use any IDEA, some ideas cannot be used in any other way except harmfully. THAT is the problem with a great many ideas of Scientology.

This is all true only when you take the subject bit by bit and evaluate them in isolation. But that is not how it is - one looks at the entire subject of what Hubbard presented and it is here that the individual applying it becomes inseparable from what he does. He alone picks what to use and what to set aside, and he makes his choices based on his own evaluations and responsibility for what he is doing. Nobody ever applies ALL of what Hubbard said.

Gadfly

Crusader
This is all true only when you take the subject bit by bit and evaluate them in isolation. But that is not how it is - one looks at the entire subject of what Hubbard presented and it is here that the individual applying it becomes inseparable from what he does. He alone picks what to use and what to set aside, and he makes his choices based on his own evaluations and responsibility for what he is doing. Nobody ever applies ALL of what Hubbard said.

Well, a person IN the Church of Scientology is disallowed form "picking and choosing". All of the insanely stupid pieces MUST be accepted and applied. If not, you are "corrected" via Qual or Ethics, and if you fail to come around, you get tossed out (expelled and declared). These actions and this sequence is based on VERY exact and specific LRH organizational instructions based on management and ethics/justice policies. The Scientoogy orgnanization didn't just make up all of this absurd stupid behavior. It comes directly from Hubbard. They follow it closely and exactly.

hubbard_bt1.jpg

There is no "setting aside" when involved in organized Scientology, and there are NO "evaluations" tolerated outside of the strict party line. It was that way in 1976 when I got first involved, and it is that way now, some 30+ years later. THAT exists based on the most complete application of ALL the LRH data in print and on tapes. The Church of Scientology exhibits a fundamentalistic interpretation and application of the Scientology subject materials - basically no interpretation is alowed per exact LRH orders.

Now, yes, an individual operating OUTSIDE of the confines and control of the organized Church of Scientology can pick what to use, and can also set aside whatever large amount of Hubbardian shit one chooses.

But, most people equate "Scientology" with the "Church of Scientology". There is no doubt that the great majority of harm, abuse and craziness associated with the subject and practices of Scientology occur in the context of the organized Church of Scientology. Most of what anyone on this discussion board abhors is associated with effects created by the organized Church of Scientology, which has been operating on EXACT LRH policies and orders for a great many years now. Hubbard set it up to function a certain way, and that is largely how it has functioned right from the start. He made sure that it could and would not be "altered" or deviated from.

If you don't operate within the organized Church of Scientology then YOU are deviating from Ron's exact instructions on how to clear this planet and how to salvage this sector. Hubbard is very explict about a great many things, and he NEVER tolerated a "pick and choose" approach to his subject.

Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't. But then, you are not really practicing "Scientology" at all. You are practicing some subset or limited aspect of the larger subject.

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who gives a stuff what the church is doing or what it demands of you? Completely irrelevant.

I doubt it.

Define ARC=U for us in your own words, really dfine it, but without using any other of Hubbard's concepts.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Gadfly

Crusader
I doubt it.

Define ARC=U for us in your own words, really dfine it, but without using any other of Hubbard's concepts.

The Anabaptist Jacques

But TAJ, Ron examined phenomena and realities that NOBODY else before him ever had!

There were no existing words or symbols that adequately defined such things. Ron HAD to come up with "new ideas" and new "terms" to be able to correctly delineate the OBSERVATIONS that he had made. As a briliiant researcher, Ron observed MANY behaviors of the mind and spirit that no others before him had. Sometimes new scientific observations require a whole new language. THAT was the case with Scientology. :yes:

There is no way to define ARC=U without using those related concepts because ONLY Ron had observed the subtle realities that these concepts defined and explained. There are no other words that even come close to explaining these realities. And, of course, as we well know, each of A (affinity), R (reality) and C (communication) work together, affect each other and are in a constant dynamic interaction, and as a whole result in U (understanding).

ARC=U is the basis of all human understanding. You use it, whether you know it or not, to understand what I just wrote above.

It would be like trying to explain this algebraic equation without resorting to the concepts and realities of Algebra:

2X + 4Y = 24

It can't be done.

Ha-ha-ha-ha

Had you going there for a second, huh?

:roflmao:

Note: The above is pure SARCASM. The strange part is that to many Scientologists, what I said above would make "total sense"! :duh:

ARC=U is manipulation "tech". By playing with agreements, by carefully planning the content of communications, and by feigning affinity, one can mold and birng about various "understandings" in other people. There is not necessarily any value or truth in these "understanding", but using Hubbard's manipulation tech, one can form beliefs and viewpoints in others by molding agreements (reality).

A concern for ARC is NUTS, because it has no necessary connection to TRUTH. All too often, what people agree with (reality) and understand to be true IS TOTAL HOGWASH. That statement is true whether talking about a Muslim fanatic, a Stalinist communist, or a Scientologist.

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
Let me try to define it using non-Scio terms and concepts.

Brainwashing & Trickery 101

If you fake liking somebody, and shower him or her with love, positive comments, and affection, and thus get them to like you back, then they will be more apt to listen to what you have to say.

Once they are in THAT state, then tell them all sorts of things that are not too far from what they already think and believe. Slowly bring them to accepting new beliefs and ideas.

Once you have done all of that they will end up in a state of mind, or have an understanding, that is different from what they had at first. It will be the understanding that YOU wanted them to have.

This is all about controlling and forming beliefs in OTHERS.

The understandings that you want to cause in others need not have anything to do with any sort of "truth". In fact, what many people "understand to be true" is often very much incorrect, exaggerated or flawed. Take advantage of people's tendencies for such stupidity when manipulating them. :thumbsup:

START!

themadhair

Patron Meritorious
ARC=U in non-Hubbardese:

If you like certain material, agree with the contents of that material and you read that material you will believe that you understand said material.

HelluvaHoax!

As per 1965 HCEB (Helluva Cool Eric Burton) song "We've Gotta Get Out Off This Place", I really gotta get out of this thread. LOL.

Becuz when Scientologists show up on threads and start talking about the tech, I get bad ideas in my head.

[video=youtube;6SgCaGzPpW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SgCaGzPpW0[/video]

So I will go now, before I start saying some really naughty things about people talking about Scientology like it actually does something to elevate the human condition.

Wait, I am suddenly going earlier similar--and nobody gave me a command! Oh yeah, it's an earlier similar incident. When I was a little kid and watched Flash Gordon on TV they had an evil overlord too, just like Xenu. His name was screwed up also, something like Ming The Merciless. I think he was French and 'Merci-less' has something to do with a person who doesn't use TR-2 and say 'Thank You' each time someone originates something. Anyways...

Every time I hear Scientologists suddenly emerge and talk tech, it restimulates the scenes in Flash Gordon where those "Clay People" start emerging out of the clay cave walls--

clay1.jpg

Wait a minute! I just cognited and the charge has blown!

Clay People....Flash Gordon.

Clay People.....Scientologists using study tech.

See what I mean about getting some bad thoughts in my head? :hysterical:

I gotta get out of this thread before I really start to say bad things.

Ciao everyone!