What's new

Katie quits Scientology!!! WTF??? WOMAN'S DAY REPORTS

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Katie quits Scientology

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=640960

Katie quits Scientology
Katie Holmes has reportedly dropped a bombshell on her husband Tom Cruise by announcing her intention to quit Scientology.

Buoyed by her new-found independence in New York, Katie finally took the plunge and told Tom of her plans to turn her back on the religion after beginning to question some of its rules and practices.

Now friends say that the star couple's marriage may be facing a crisis as strict Scientologist Tom contemplates having to tone down the rules he has reportedly laid down to raise daughter Suri, 2.

"Katie got bold and told Tom that she's ready to leave the religion," claims a friend. "Tom is worried and now their marriage may have to change in a lot of ways."

According to some former Scientology members, anyone who leaves the church must be disconnected from current members, including their spouses and children…

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I really, really hope it's true!
I imagine it would have been a shock to her to have picketers saying "Save Katie!".

(KV it's best to keep info on the same subject on the one thread. You can ask Emma to merge the threads.)

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
Katie quits Scientology

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=640960

Katie quits Scientology
Katie Holmes has reportedly dropped a bombshell on her husband Tom Cruise by announcing her intention to quit Scientology.

Buoyed by her new-found independence in New York, Katie finally took the plunge and told Tom of her plans to turn her back on the religion after beginning to question some of its rules and practices.

Now friends say that the star couple's marriage may be facing a crisis as strict Scientologist Tom contemplates having to tone down the rules he has reportedly laid down to raise daughter Suri, 2.

"Katie got bold and told Tom that she's ready to leave the religion," claims a friend. "Tom is worried and now their marriage may have to change in a lot of ways."

According to some former Scientology members, anyone who leaves the church must be disconnected from current members, including their spouses and children…

not everyone who leaves the CoS has to be disconnected from. Only the ones that leave "not in good standing" are disconnected from.

:confused2:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
not everyone who leaves the CoS has to be disconnected from. Only the ones that leave "not in good standing" are disconnected from.

:confused2:

Celebrities get special treatment, sure. But everyone else who leaves is NOT in good standing. It's all there in the Introduction to Scientology Ethics book.

Neo

Terril park

Sponsor
Celebrities get special treatment, sure. But everyone else who leaves is NOT in good standing. It's all there in the Introduction to Scientology Ethics book.

Neo

Wrong. In Islam leaving is a big no no.

To publically leave or disavow scn , forgotten which is a suppressive act.

To have some magazine, or PR assistent say so is a different kettle of fish.
No policy on that.

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
Oh my gawd !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE let this be true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sent correspondence to her family and others months back, one influential person said they would reach out to her parents...whether they rec'd the comm or not, whether they talked to kate or not....I am glad I sent the letters anyway.

I would imagine that everyone that loves katie (non scn) have all read up on scn and at least are armed with some truth....maybe enough people she respects and listens to told her horrible she looks and how utterly unhappy she looks....maybe she listened to them !

We need confirmation !!!!!!!!! This will be freedom for katie and another perk would be the demise of tom cruise hopefully to rock bottom in the hopes that he will wake up and leave scn.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
Where is Katie "on lines"

I can't picture setting down to get her services at NY Org Or NY celebrity center. If so, it means that every day she is in New York, somone is freaking out at Celebrity Center in LA, or at Flag, or wherever, tying to get Katie back on course.

She probably just wants to be left alone to focus on her play and her child.
Who wants to be pressured all the friggin time. If Tom is like any other card-carrying Scientologists, he's probably being a real jerk about all this.

The don't give a crap about your schedule in the church. You could have an important job, or a meeting or class finals and they freak out if you need to take some time off course. Like you are expected to CSW to "make-up" the time you need off course.

By the way, what is Katie's next Bridge action?

Either way, I be ready to "comfort" katie when she needs it.

Neo

Wrong. In Islam leaving is a big no no.

To publically leave or disavow scn , forgotten which is a suppressive act.

To have some magazine, or PR assistent say so is a different kettle of fish.
No policy on that.

Terril when did I mention Islam? :confused2:

Reread my post, I think you'll find that I, and this thread, are talking about Scientology.

Neo

Anne Ominous

Patron with Honors
She's gonna need some serious support. And will be getting some serious handling. Again, if this is true.

Anyone who poasts or lurks here who knows Katie, send her our way!!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
This is the only chance that little Suri has to become sane; let alone Katie. Poor little rich girl ......

Oh, let it be true

Wisened One

Crusader
YES!!!!

Whoohooooo! We must also HUG Anon for this, I bet it's partly or even mostly due to THEIR picketing/protesting that's gotten Katie to 'wake up'! :happydance:

Now, I KNOW she'll be ok! And I bet her and Nicole will be fast friends and Nicole will help her with making sure Suri's not taken from her, etc...

Oh, and don'tcha ya'll know about the other Ethics Book?

Ya! It's called 'Scientology Celebrity Ethics'. Ya see, they're conditions are different and everything! :p

WOW, this is the BEST news! Maybe she (or her friends) read here, and our info has helped her, too!

:happydance:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah for "serious handling" there is a limit to how tight they can turn the screws with her. Everything will be with kid gloves and she's probably seen all she needs to see to make up her mind. She's had DM hang out on the honey moon, been around TC's sisters, been to all the events and faked the applause, lived with "handlers" and all the other nonsense of living with a brain washed geek. I'd bet not being in the new Batman, all the protests at her play, and all the tabloids have been more than she could take.

klidov

Please let this be true!

When I was in the grocery store the other day, I saw one of the weekly rags that had a picture of Suri on the cover, and it said something like "Suri's Lonely Life".

She is a beautiful child! And I hope she AND her Mom (Katie) get the hell away from TC as soon as possible!

(He is one crazy MF'r.)