What's new

Rinder argues "It Sucks to be Miscavige." Do you agree?

I believe in karma and that DM and scientology are experiencing it right now. If you kick a dog and he bites you, thats karma. If you treat people like crap and they come back to make your life hard, thats karma. If you become an alcoholic and you get a disease from it, thats karma. One the other hand if you treat people well they will usually return the good treatment, thats karma.

Are other diseases, not from alcoholism, karma?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
tumblr_m0fw9f9y2N1qcu4d9o1_500.jpg

apple

Patron Meritorious
Are other diseases, not from alcoholism, karma?

I dont know, maybe some. Spock attributed his poor health to smoking and he quit smoking 30 year before. Maybe that is karma. It caught up to him. Maybe some diseases are from just bad luck, genetic and old age.

freethinker

Sponsor
If you kick a dog and he doesn't bite you he is probably dead. If you treat people like crap and they retaliate I call it you reap what you sow. I think alcoholism is an inability to live with yourself or just to live. DM has a little pirates and Bums going on but the truth is he has to defend his lies with massive amounts of money and more lies and frequently hurt people.

He thinks this is all justified because he is single handedly saving Scientology for his flock, but if he was, then he could do it with nothing in his pockets and I think he fears running out of money more than anything else because without it he couldn't single handedly blow out a match.

I believe in karma and that DM and scientology are experiencing it right now. If you kick a dog and he bites you, thats karma. If you treat people like crap and they come back to make your life hard, thats karma. If you become an alcoholic and you get a disease from it, thats karma. One the other hand if you treat people well they will usually return the good treatment, thats karma.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Think there's a difference between karma and what John Lennon would describe as, 'instant karma...'

My view is that if you are arrogant and abuse people, well, eventually it will catch up with you.

Maybe not because of karma, which I've always viewed as rather passive, but because people actually take action.

Sindy

Crusader
" confirm " karma ? Nah.

I tend to believe in the law of attraction in that the way one 'thinks' is what they manage to attract to themselves.

The law of attraction is a bit first-world centric. Someone in the US is more likely to think about getting a BMW and then purchasing one after working to get it (the most likely means of acquiring it) than someone who lives in the Congo or Zimbabwe.

Is someone born in Zimbabwe due to "bad Karma"? That's pretty hard to prove.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The law of attraction is a bit first-world centric. Someone in the US is more likely to think about getting a BMW and then purchasing one after working to get it (the most likely means of acquiring it) than someone who lives in the Congo or Zimbabwe.

Is someone born in Zimbabwe due to "bad Karma"? That's pretty hard to prove.

Wow! You assume being born in Zimbabwe is " bad " ? Perhaps it is to you - but you are now going to speak for the peoples of Zimbabwe ? Really.

When I was in poorest of poor parts of Africa as in no electricity, no running water, so sewage system, no doctors, no law & order & rampart starvation.... I tell I thought was awful, deplorable, horrible beyond belief. A piece of corrugated sheet metal leaned against a tree a home ?

Guess what ? Those people were incredibly happy ! There had just been a war & devastation was everywhere yet they adjusted & were HAPPY PEOPLE.

Hard or us to wrap our US mind set against what other people do without. I watched gasoline sold & carried in gallon jugs. I never saw a child without that swollen belly of the horrors of that kind of life from our eyes.

So, no, I have seen a new BMW is not really what every person thinks they need to be happy.

The law of attaction is a law, not a law of the US. It's like gravity, you don't have to believe the law of gravity applies outside the US, but, no matter where you go on earth it is unlikely you will fall up just because you don't believe in gravity.

Did you skip where I said " Nah " to Karma ? Karma might be a manifestation - or result - of the law of attraction.

( We aren't going to get into why some people chose to be born in Africa & some in Beverly Hills ; but, you can have it be by 'accident' if you prefer ).

Sindy

Crusader
Wow! You assume being born in Zimbabwe is " bad " ? Perhaps it is to you - but you are now going to speak for the peoples of Zimbabwe ? Really.

When I was in poorest of poor parts of Africa as in no electricity, no running water, so sewage system, no doctors, no law & order & rampart starvation.... I tell I thought was awful, deplorable, horrible beyond belief. A piece of corrugated sheet metal leaned against a tree a home ?

Guess what ? Those people were incredibly happy ! There had just been a war & devastation was everywhere yet they adjusted & were HAPPY PEOPLE.

Hard or us to wrap our US mind set against what other people do without. I watched gasoline sold & carried in gallon jugs. I never saw a child without that swollen belly of the horrors of that kind of life from our eyes.

So, no, I have seen a new BMW is not really what every person thinks they need to be happy.

The law of attaction is a law, not a law of the US. It's like gravity, you don't have to believe the law of gravity applies outside the US, but, no matter where you go on earth it is unlikely you will fall up just because you don't believe in gravity.

Did you skip where I said " Nah " to Karma ? Karma might be a manifestation - or result - of the law of attraction.

( We aren't going to get into why some people chose to be born in Africa & some in Beverly Hills ; but, you can have it be by 'accident' if you prefer ).

No, I don't. Actually, I suppose I did that exercise a bit mechanically and superficially and simply chose a least financially wealthy country, on the world scene, as I see people use the law of attraction (at least what I see floated on the Internet) in the "think and grow rich" sense, making vision boards with pictures of expensive cars, mansions, etc.

So, we're not comparing apple to oranges and I'll stand corrected -- sort of, as I really think I didn't make my point.

The "law" of attraction is not a law.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Originally Posted by Gizmo
The law of attraction is a law....It's like gravity, you don't have to believe the law of gravity...

--snipped--

The "law" of attraction is not a law.

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

Whoa, that actually made me pause a moment to consider the fact that so many clever "New Age" rhetorical marketing gimmicks pass into one's thought process, fully unnoticed. In fact "New Age", itself, is another one of them.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I guess Rhonda Byrne like so much the ''law of $ attraction'' :yes:

The more [STRIKE]followers readers[/STRIKE]
the more
$$$$$$$$$$
:drool:

Same for [STRIKE]Oprah [/STRIKE] harpo productions
$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader

Whoa, that actually made me pause a moment to consider the fact that so many clever "New Age" marketing gimmicks pass, fully unnoticed. In fact "New Age", itself, is another one of them.

They co-opted quantum physics (something too complex for most non-physists to fully understand to the degree that anyone understands it currently) and so attached it to science.

Nobody we know has ever done anything like that before. :faceslap:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Whoa, that actually made me pause a moment to consider the fact that so many clever "New Age" marketing gimmicks pass, fully unnoticed. In fact "New Age", itself, is another one of them.

The 'New Age' is not a new age.

The 'New Age' is a new age.

I can't decide between them.

Maybe I need a Chakra lube and realignment and change my psychic debris filters.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
They co-opted quantum physics (something too complex for most non-physists to fully understand to the degree that anyone understands it currently) and so attached it to science.

My God, that is sooo last week. It's all about miniature black holes in Chakras now.

Keep up!

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sindy they think they (new age including scn) co-opted it, actually that too was a fail.:biggrin:
Scientology is quite far from Science, logic, and truth. I am an expert and in philosophy. It fails as philosophy and it fails as science too.
Since scientologists won't examine their own logic structures then there is no way of course to show them why it's a fail. How convenient.