What's new

Ruthie Silverman died

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I saw a post on ARS this morning that Ruthie, the long time reg at ASHO, just died.

Didin't say why she died. But it was written in a way that gave the impression that people knew it was going to happen. I'd say it was almost certainly cancer. Arnie Lerma said she was the same age as him; I think he said she was 56.

Some of you may know her under one of her other names. Ruthie Wasserman or Harvey or Discher.

She was a funny, sharp lady. She will be missed.

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Changing names for staff members

Lulu,just curious

Do some staff members actually change their names in COS?SO?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Lulu,just curious

Do some staff members actually change their names in COS?SO?

Not really.

But Sea Org members tend to get married and divorced a lot.

Ruthie was married at least 3 times in the SO that I know if. That's why all the different names.

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
yeah I was just curious Lulu whether there was a policy somewhere
about people using their real names and whether they used a name
that wasn't their real name when they were on staff.

thanks

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Lulu,

Was she married to Paul Discher?

Did you know Jean Discher? She was a friend of mine from Boston.

I don't know if she's still in or not, but I'm hoping she's out.

Patty P

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Lulu,

Was she married to Paul Discher?

Did you know Jean Discher? She was a friend of mine from Boston.

I don't know if she's still in or not, but I'm hoping she's out.

Patty P

Yes, Ruthie apparently married Paul after I left the SO. Previous to that she was married to Mike Silverman but obviously she had to divorce him when he got declared and left the Sea Org.

I knew Jean when I was in. She was CO SMI at one time. I remember she got busted from that post and I kind of think she went to the RPF but I don't really remember.

Jean was still in the SO last I knew, but that was a while ago.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Paul's wife divorced him after he did a Freewinds event in Texas and was spotted in a bar a few hours later by public from the event impersonating a female.

He got sent to the RPF.

He was having a rough time and of course ridiculed and humiliated to no end.

The last time I saw him there was no light left in his eyes.

Just a haunted hunted look of a war prisoner.

That was after he graduated from the RPF!

I felt very bad for him as there was always something very special about him.

But once you strip a man of his pride he may as well be dead.

I barely recognized him, he seemed to be on the verge of a psycotic break.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
This is sad. I knew Ruthie and met her when my tech altering awakening started.

She was always very nice towards me and yes she was the reg at ASHO.

Barb

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
I also new Ruthie. She was a very bright, funny lady. She had the ability to really connect with others and as far as being a reg goes, was one of the very best.

oudeis

Patron
Was she also known as Ruthie Weissberg? I met her a few times at events.
Short lady with red hair? Sorry to learn of her passing.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I knew Ruthie too. I remember when I was in ASHO, there was some trouble brewing medically with her. I think it was uterus type thing. That was 2 years ago. It likely turned into something more serious. They don't catch things there early enough to treat them. Sea Org members are trained into no case on post and pain is case. A sad thing when you are dying and ignoring it to be on post that day.

Ruthie, may you rest in peace.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
I knew Ruthie too. I remember when I was in ASHO, there was some trouble brewing medically with her. I think it was uterus type thing. That was 2 years ago. It likely turned into something more serious. They don't catch things there early enough to treat them. Sea Org members are trained into no case on post and pain is case. A sad thing when you are dying and ignoring it to be on post that day.

Ruthie, may you rest in peace.

For some it's the only way out.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
No she was not a pretty lady but was a nice lady and that was what counted.

Good Journey Ruthie come back again.

Barb

wolfright

Patron
I knew Ruthie for most of my life. I'm sorry to hear that she died, I think. I'm not really surprised, she smoked at least a pack a day of unfiltered cigarettes. At the end of a rather nasty cycle of me routing out, she told some people I was NCG and an SP (based on nothing, actually) but mostly I feel sorry for her. Paul, too.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw her around towards the end with a wig on so I assumed the end was near. Then not too long after she died I saw Paul her widower holding hands with Phyllis the absent minded DofP. Didn't take long.

ThisIsIt

Patron with Honors
Ruthie was such a neat lady. I got a sort of memorial type email about a year ago from LA saying she had died. She did smoke like crazy, remember a few reg cycles that were even smoky. :ohmy:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I saw her around towards the end with a wig on so I assumed the end was near. Then not too long after she died I saw Paul her widower holding hands with Phyllis the absent minded DofP. Didn't take long.

Emotional attachment to a person, in Scientology, is called HE&R. Once they are dead, bury them, and start fucking whoever's closest.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Emotional attachment to a person, in Scientology, is called HE&R. Once they are dead, bury them, and start fucking whoever's closest.

I never heard of emotional attachment to a person being called HE&R.

HE&R is "human emotion and reaction" and the prohibition against that pertains to blathering about feelings while writing up KRs or doing actual WORK ON POST because that gets in the way of doing one's job. Nowhere does it say in Scn one cannot like or care about other people in general.