What's new

Time For Me Share My Story

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup. I probably could have sued at one time for back pay but what the hell, I got out with my life and past of my sanity.

Goog to have you here. I look forwars to hearing more from you.

Love and Respect

Bob

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Glad your out Free2dream! I have a couple questions:
(1) What is the PV&I Course?
(2) You mention your roomie was expecting a financial windfall from his supposedly dying boyfriend with visions of dollar signs and FLB in his eyes. Is FLB "Flag Land Base?"
(3) It's apparent that your roomie is gay with a boyfriend and is in Scientology? Isn't that out-ethics in the church's eyes? Especially at FLB. ???

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
(2) You mention your roomie was expecting a financial windfall from his supposedly dying boyfriend with visions of dollar signs and FLB in his eyes. Is FLB "Flag Land Base?"
(3) It's apparent that your roomie is gay with a boyfriend and is in Scientology? Isn't that out-ethics in the church's eyes? Especially at FLB. ???

(1) The PV&I Course is the Personal Values & Integrity Course. It was a very basic course on the different types of "PTS-ness", "right actions" vs. "wrong actions", and defined SP's. It was followed by doing O/W write-ups until EP.

(2) Yes. FLB is Flag Land Base. All he could talk about was getting this $100,000, going Clear, and moving to Clearwater. He swore up and down his homosexuality was an engram and Scientology would help him get rid of it. I thought the whole idea, including this supposed windfall, sounded ridiculous. He had a job when this ex-lover came back into the picture, but went on a "leave of absence" when he found out this person was dying and planning on leaving all of his money to him. When it looked like there was going to be trouble getting the money (the IRS froze his ex-lover's accounts), he packed up 50lbs of Scientology books, convinced his then boyfriend (also a Scientologist) to get him a plane ticket, and flew to Ohio to try and handle it. It didn't work and he came back empty handed. He didn't bother to go back to the job he had, and didn't bother to find another one until we were almost evicted from our house.

(3) Yes. His homosexuality made him out-ethics, as well as being 1.1 on the Tone Scale. You couldn't tell him that, though. He was convinced that Scientology would handle it. He even talked about looking forward to the day when he could have a "normal" relationship and father children. Gods forbid.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron

While I was in, one of my friends was a "recovering gay". As long as he wasn't having sex with men, he could be on service. Auditing and training. He was hoping that the auditing would handle him being gay. I don't know if it ever did.

I remember when I first moved to Flag there was a guy getting auditing that was very obvious about his gayness. He attested to Clear.

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
While I was in, one of my friends was a "recovering gay". As long as he wasn't having sex with men, he could be on service. Auditing and training. He was hoping that the auditing would handle him being gay. I don't know if it ever did.

I remember when I first moved to Flag there was a guy getting auditing that was very obvious about his gayness. He attested to Clear.

Kathy,

Did either one of these people think that when they went Clear they'd no longer be gay? I ask only because that's what my ex-roomie thought.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
If you care to examine the records you will find that Scientology is far less costly than other means of helping the mind and spirit but compare the costs yourself. Scientology is the only practice of the mind or spirit which gives a refund if the person is not pleased or helped. That is a fact. Do patients ever rise from their coffins to get the doctor’s fees returned? Can a psychiatric victim still talk enough to ask for his money back or talk anymore at all? And what happens if he does? He gets taken to court or the local institution if he does. A person would have to be both fully and wilfully misinformed to go on believing Scientology was unfair where donations are concerned. What other church lets the congregation take their money back out of the collection plate when they don’t want to belong anymore? Only Scientology.

"Can We Ever Be Friends?"