What's new

Time to share my story

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for sharing your story Imout, it was very educational and very moving. I'm so glad you've found your soul mate and are building a new life for yourselves:happydance:.
Es

Thank you, Quietheart. It is very different being out. Regaining one's own thoughts again. Not that I ever fully let my thoughts be monitored by the CofS, but they certainly did try. I'm a rebel, so it just didn't fully work on me. :happydance:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
For all those quoting my story, get the dates correct

I left Scn in early 2006. Not 2008.

I did a Google search and found my story quoted on numerous sites, but the dates are incorrect. August 1987 to March 2006. I'm sure the departure date is based on the date I posted my story. Well, it just took me that long to be able to write it.

Evocarti

Well, Hello Kathy.

What adventures one undertakes in life, eh? I was quite moved to read your story and it did touch my heart in a lot of ways being that I was there to share a part of it with you. I have enjoyed filling in a lot of blank spaces as to what you had gone through before we met. It helped me understand just what we were experiencing. You certainly had quite an adventure after life took us apart in different directions!

I am glad you have found your happy place now. I am sorry your experience in Scientology was so bad. It is quite common to see such things happen to people when the whole process has now become one of control and power, rather than allowing a person to freely search for his own truths and then be allowed to live according to them.

But, I think in time, like the course of all things in this universe, life will find a way to achieve what life always wants to achieve. In time, Scientology will either do what it is supposed to do, or life will end its existance. It will be interesting to see what happens to it, given time.

Back to you.

Sorry to hear of your medical issues. I, too, had many of them along the lines of low enrgy and exhaustion. Found out it was part mercury poisening and part parasites of the liver. Getting back to normal now. I hope you have achieved your goals of restoring your health as that is your greatest wealth and asset, bar none.

I always wanted to see you do well, Kathy. I have found that wishing ill of others is a sure path to one's own hell. Nomatter what, I have found great strength in not allowing hate to consume one. Your story has a wonderful tang of equanimity, laced with intermittent flurries of passion in what seems many directions at once. Yes, I remember. :) And I sense that you seek to live without undue malice or ill intent. I always thought of you as such a quality person and am not surprised to see these qualities on display all these years later.

Your new home sounds like a very nice place for you. I have always found a garden and a woman always go together. Kind of like a bird in the air - it just looks right. I am sure you are enjoying that activity like no other. And your husband seems like a good man - which you deserve.

I dont know what your spiritual path is these days, but I do hope you find it. I have lived with a spiritual path and without one. I find that having one is so much more fulfilling. It tends to give one a sense of being swept up in an adventure, which has no goal other than what you make of it - and when you stop being able to make the goal and allow someone else to do it, it is no longer a spiritual path. It becomes a path to slavery of the mind and body. Not a fun place to be, as we know.

Well, Kathy, the hot rodder who made a three cylinder Justy outpace Danica Patrick's Formula One, I will end here since the markets are on fire and I should be paying attention to my business.

I wish you the best, and thank you again for sharing your life here, and a little bit of it with me in the past.

You're okay.

Evocarti

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow...amazing story. Thank you for sharing this. I can see the common thread with all of us here - "The Church of Scientology is the SP - because everyone's life spins out of control as you are so confused - you just smash your dynamics! :ohmy:

You are not alone...we are all reeling from mistakes we made while in the midst of SATAN himself! :angry:

My heart goes out to you and I send you love! :heartflower::flowers::heartbeat::love8::love2:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow...amazing story. Thank you for sharing this. I can see the common thread with all of us here - "The Church of Scientology is the SP - because everyone's life spins out of control as you are so confused - you just smash your dynamics! :ohmy:

You are not alone...we are all reeling from mistakes we made while in the midst of SATAN himself! :angry:

My heart goes out to you and I send you love! :heartflower::flowers::heartbeat::love8::love2:

Thanks, Idle Morgue. I'm all good. I recovered from my time in the CofS.

crm1978

Patron with Honors
perhaps it was all of the beans and rice your auditor ate! Seems like the Cult of Dave has a fixation about overts and witholds and that forced sec checking has become the norm in the "golden age" Forced sec checks are such an inval/eval of the pc no wonder so many people don't do well .It is'nt just the sec checks it's the whole concept of rigid forced programs that everyone has to do so much for the auditors code ! The golden age might be why so many people are leaving or not going up the bridge

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think the cult is intensely paranoid about people exposing them, leaving them (thus depriving them of free labor and cash) and so on. That's why they do this. They want to frighten people into staying, they want to root out any cause of dissent.

In this wise, the cult behaves much like a secret police of a dictatorship or a Spanish Inquisition.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
perhaps it was all of the beans and rice your auditor ate! Seems like the Cult of Dave has a fixation about overts and witholds and that forced sec checking has become the norm in the "golden age" Forced sec checks are such an inval/eval of the pc no wonder so many people don't do well .It is'nt just the sec checks it's the whole concept of rigid forced programs that everyone has to do so much for the auditors code ! The golden age might be why so many people are leaving or not going up the bridge

THE GOLDEN AGE OF ENFORCED DONATIONS, CRUSH REGGING, SEC CHECKING AND SLAPPING!

HIP HIP HOORAY? :ohmy:

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Happy to hear your life is full and all is going well, it's not easy leaving, it can be a culture shock, but it seems like you got over that hump just fine! We've moved twice since leaving..overall it's been a good adventure since we've left.

Cheers to Happy Days from here on out for all !! :yes:

Robot Phil

Patron
I really enjoyed your story, but was unable to enjoy the several pages after it. Even in after reading everything the dichotomy between why Scientology practices and preaches astounds me. I love when I get to hear these.